Warhammer 40k General

Name that Most popular drug in 40k edition
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First blood for the Night Haunter!

Same it's always been:

Alcohol and caffeine.

First for new armour that doesn't look lame.

Hey, what is the best army for getting into 40k?
I am not a huge fan of Space Marines and was thinking nurgle or dark eldar.
Reposting from other thread

Lo sticks, nigga.

Is there a mega/torrent of miniwargaming content?

Death Guard is easymode
It's like playing Chaos Space Marines that never die

>This is what Meatwad would look like in 40k

Tyranids and Orks

Tyranids with lots of genestealers and pyrovores.

The best army is whatever army you most want to invest money and time into, because you'll be investing a lot of both.

Fuck WAAC.

Whats everyone working on?

This is my very WIP kitbashed librarian.

Don't you go telling newfags to collect my army and further shit up its community with more unfluffy WAAC faggotry.

>muh Nurgle bikers
>muh CSM with MoN

You all disgust me.

Whatever you want to build and paint.

99% of the hobby is building and painting, so if you don't enjoy that part, you're not going to enjoy the other 1%.

Are thousand sons meant to be played on their own or supplementary?

there are formations for playing them on their own

but they can also be played supplementary

I would never use nurgle bikers Okay I lied, I did convert nurgle bikers out of WHFB chaos knights but I only played one game with Chaos Space Marines in 6th edition while CSM with MoN is perfectly fluffy, although I would personally use Plague Marines over them. And fuck any fluff that states "these guys don't use heavy weapons". Heavy weapons are awesome and everyone should use them.

>I am not a huge fan of space marines
>was thinking nurgle

I suggest Necrons as your first army like everyone else. Marine stats, reanimation protocols, gauss weaponry, neat lore and easy-to-paint models.

At the end of the day, you pick the army that YOU like.

Not the army others tell you to
Not the army you most expect to win

You make your choice on model aesthetics and lore. Found an army with both? You have a winner.

Don't be a dork. Think for yourself.

looks fukkin rad. Love that hair-etical look.

No,

Go pay for it you cheap bastard

Please no

>inb4 major pyrovore buff in 8th

God I remember when Genestealers were OP

Pick the army that you like. I'm currently building a Thousand Sons army, and I'm having a great time.

Pick the army that you like the look of, because you're going to spend many hours building and painting them.

If I wanted to buy content blind I'd play MtG.

you're a long way from 4th edition.
>infiltrating beasts
>first turn charge every fucking time
>no overwatch
>rending on hits, not wounds

And then the three Carnifexes reach your lines...

How times change.

>implying CSM with MoN isn't the fluffiest way to play The Purge

The best reaction I get for running carnifexes now is
"Hey, this ought to be fun!"

And don't forget the Hive Tyrant they have stashed at the back watching the carnage unfold as your line gets torn to shreds.

Hey, for my Orks, 'fexes are fucking terrifying. Best option I have against them is mega-nobz and fexes eat them alive.

Miss me yet??

I agree, so long as you're not being a cheesy shite by running it as the Death Guard list.

>"Hey, this ought to be fun!"
A-are they implying it's like a shooting gallery, or are they wargamers with pure hearts and minds?

>most practical and streamlined edition
>most games played out of all editions

fucking YES I MISS IT

Amen. That's why I went with Night Lords. I love the dark blue with the splash of lightning.

Finally getting around to assembling/painting some harlequin bikes, though I'm getting a bit hung up on the colors. Going for dark blues/greys as the sort of base, and I'm not sure if bright blue or yellow would better complement that.

me too...

Reminder that AoS is a much better game and 40k will only benefit from becoming more like it

I miss you both every day.

A Naut for my Nobz

>Oops posted in the old thread:
Which scheme would look best on tau? There would be really heavy weathering on everything

>Olive drab with black/yellow hazard stripes, oxidized metal
>Yellow with white/black checker patterns, very rough corroded and rusted metals, oil stains, etc
>dented brass armor with verdigris, steel metals, moss and vines everywhere. Practice NMM for this.

Also much more primitive

AoS is not good nor better as long as it's the thing that replaced WHFB.
40k might benefit from becoming more AoS-like, but that doens't mean AoS isn't the stillborn child of Satan that should be exorcised from this plane of existence.

Id rather play a dumbass game that's fun than a """"""sophisticated"""""" game that is shit

yes, because "buying and painting hundreds of infantry models just to have them blown to smitheroons by purple sun" was a good game

I didn't say WHFB was flawless, but AoS murdered the lore and buried it in a shallow grave, and for that it will be forever unforgiven.

what is it?

I want to say the last one. The second sounds alright, but I'm not sure if there's enough space to have very good checkerboard surfaces.

The first just sounds like it would clash terribly.

What do you people think of assembling?
Just assembly not painting

I'm finding it a big drag, takes a long time and can be frustrating. Not fun like painting

Really? I find assembling the more fun and easy part.

im the complete opposite and i enjoy throwing dudes together, changing their poses and equipment, coming up with neat kitbash ideas

painting is the horrible inevitable end to it and i find it difficult to get motivated to do it

>7E Tyranids

>playing the 8th edition

Still better than AoS though.

>WHFB lore
>everyone sucks Empire cock and they are all retarded for not using guns
>Skaven are the evil bad guys who will win and have the shittiest fanbase

>Age of Sigmar
>everyone sucks Sigmarine cock and they are all retarded for not making their own Sigmarines
>Skaven are the evil bad guys who will win and have the shittiest fanbase and they survived the End Times

What's the difference?

See

Got a squad base coated. I'm hoping to have them done by the end of the week. Then, I can add heads and shoulder pads.

dude

easy with the cheese

Why is barbatos molesting that poor gouf?

When did everyone suck Empire cock? The Empire was just the strongest human nation in the old world, but it was one amongst many. Other nations went to war with it all the time, and even amongst the 'good' factions many were stronger. A lot of stuff was told from the Empire perspective but that's about it.

In AoS there is rather a lot of taking golden Sigmarine cock at every opportunity however, and complaining about the quality of one part or another of the AoS fanbase is like putting two turds side by side and choosing which you'd prefer to eat.

>rather a lot of taking golden Sigmarine
All I got was Khorne bitching about Slaanesh over and over

>What do you people think of assembling...takes a long time and can be frustrating
>difficulty with assembling GW models...

I love assembling models most of the time, except when there's millions of bits per model. I get enough of that trying to build historical models.

I love assembling but I can't fucking stand painting, I usually leave that for someone else to do.

>even slaanesh, a demon god, just wants to make you feel good
Why does everyone say w40k is so grimdark?

There's like, 5 whole parts man. I get lost after attaching the legs.

I love mark III Space Marines but you can't deny it's a bit tedious when your basic infantry that has forever been legs+2 bits for torso + backpack + arms + gun suddenly has 2 bits for leg +2 bits for torso + 2 bits for backbag. I'm not saying I find it difficult, but it can get boring when you're assembling ten or thirty of them.

Some of the models are finicky, holding a position in socket a nuisance when a couple finicky bits involved at once

Depends on what the model is for me

If its something that gives me a lot of choice I love assembling, probably the reason why most of my purchases have been infantry because I love giving each of my dudes their own personality. It also helps if its a newer kit, I find older models to be a pain to assemble sometimes.

Im a really slow painter with shitty brushes so painting is a bit of a chore sometimes, unless Im painting something fun like a Nurgle Daemon

>30 of them
I mean, I run guard and put together 100+ guardsmen without issue. You just gotta find some music or something to listen to while you do it and you're done before you know it.

is there a non-cancer way to run Riptides? They look really cool but I hear that they're anti-fun on the table.

Glue one part at a time, use that tacky putty stuff to hold other stuff relatively in place to get positioning right. Dear god be happy we are long past the days of pewter models that were shittily pulled out of molds and bent out of shape. Or plastics so poorly designed they never fit together properly.

Maybe run one or two but only at 2,000 points.

Maybe don't spam them so it looks like the only tactic you know is aim the uber gun at enemy and shoot. If the rest of your army is kicking their ass instead of just the Riptide, then they should really just bitch about it alone.

Just don't be a faggot and bring 3 of them to an 1850 game and leave them at home for low point games.

No matter how you run them, you're still running one of the best and most under-costed units in the game. The lowest cancer I can think of is:

- Run the Heavy Burst Cannon. Ion Accelerator is pretty much straight up better, and Str 8 Ap2 large blasts from anywhere on the map is a big reason why people loathe Riptides
- Don't take Early Warning Override. Interceptor basically for free is another leading cause of Riptide Cancer.
- Don't take Stimulant Injector. Riptides are survivable enough without Feel No Pain.
- And finally, never, ever consider taking a Riptide Wing. It's pure, unadulterated cheese.

So what if in 8th, they made imperial Knights into gc instead of walkers (cause vehicles all become mc) and made them t6 3+ with a 4++ on on facing (like current) with like 12+ wounds?

Literally any army could kill them so no one could complain about their shit getting nullified.

Would that make them balanced enough for all Knight armies to be acceptable?

Which army should I run that would be fun and fluffy against Imperial armies and Chaos marines?

I'm not sure if there is a "fun" way to run tau, since all of their tactics and gear focus on making the game unfun for their opponent.

Vehicles aren't going to become MC if they have any sense. And T6 is nowhere near enough to represent AV13 anyway.

Fallen Angels

AoS is trash, i played Fantasy just so i dont see the fucking marines but then they added shitty marines to Fantasy, messed up the rules and called it AoS. If you actually enjoy AoS and not just baiting then its a punishment in itself to be mentally challenged.

For comparison a Wraithknight is T8, a Kastelan is T7. A knight is going to have to be a tad more than T6, especially since T6 can be wounded by a lasgun, and a Knight getting killed by massed conscripts sounds retarded.

>Remove the knight and other garganutan cretures.
Problem solved.

t. Imperial Guard cuck

I suppose I could do that with a nurgle theme, but then I'd have to wait until the Death Guard models come out. Shit.

Knights really aren't that big of an issue though unless you're opponent brings literally no/very little anti-armor.

My issue is more about "hey here is bunch of awesome guys, but they are irrelevant cos this giant stupid thing can stomp them into dust and they cant even harm it! yay!"

Then don't let them get into combat with it? Granted stomp could probably use a bit of a rework, at least give the models getting stomped a chance to dive out of the way.

iniative test as a save?

Anyone have the SW:A pic of like 6 or 7 pieces of the scenery built on top of each other so it looks like a full refinary?

to a certain extant that can happen with vehicles. Knights are only a problem when there's 5 of them.
a single knight in a regular army isn't really more of a hassel than the tank squadron its probably replacing.

The problem is that most people hate Knights because if you take 3-5 of them against a regular take all comers type of army, the tac army has a bunch of stuff that can't hurt the knight, and is basically just wasted, so all the Knights have to do is focus on anything that can hurt it and stomp the rest to death.

If it's t6 with a shit load of wounds, it doesn't invalidate half of someone's army.

No lie this game looks fun as fuck.

I'd have to check the rules again, but don't infantry save against being stomped pretty much the same way they save against being tank shocked?

Thanks man

>if you like something I don't like you're retarded

It's a good thing you think so highly of your opinion, cause no one else does.

No, stomps are basically free attacks at initiate 1 where you roll on a table to see what they do. You get D3 stomps and when you roll on the table, 1 does nothing, 2-5 does a S6 AP4 hit to every unit under a small blast, on a 6 all units under the blast are automatically removed as a casualty.

That's more an issue with allowing people to take 3-5 knights than it is the knight's stat line.

this makes me moist. Now I wanna buy the starter set just to get one whole set of the terrain. Fug.

I didn't even equip anything...

One point over the line sweet Jesus
One point over the line
Sittin' here at my paint station
One point over the line