Amonkhet Spoilers

What the fuck wotc

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/x-factor-planeswalker-edition-2017-04-11

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I3tVfs7jU2k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Convincing ruse, cha-

>it's actually rela

Huh, neat.

yet another manateer. Great...

>Nissa is fucking simic now
Can we get a better monogreen walker then?

looks... interesting? not sure how to evaluate her, but she seems strong.

>seward of elements
you had one job wotc

first, they make her a retarded hippie, then, she steals Garruk's place in the standard rooster and now she isn't even a monowalker anymore? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Ajani
>Sorin
>Fucking SARKHAN
Just because you get one color change doesn't mean you stay that way.

Meanwhile, zombies

>set with three decent planeswalkers released

Has this happened before?

Also, BR looks to be shaping up pretty well in this set minus the seemingly strange lack of embalm. I guess I understand why black lacks those mechanics from a fluff standpoint, but oh well, at least the zombie tribal flavor isn't so bad.

casual black 5/4 menace for 3

>Liliana
>decent
she sucks

casual black 2/1 for 1

not him, but I still like her. Art is nice and seems pretty decent for any sort of kitchen table or EDH reanimator deck.

I..like it.

>returning zombie mechanic that doesn't suck, also gets double posted

poetic

Seems strong, even with the counters

Muh zombie tribal in Standard is no longer a meme

>oh okay, we'll have nissa in BFZ/OGW block, that's fine
>we'll just skip EMN
>Oh, hey guys, here's a new nissa in KLD! I hope you like little nissa's big sister!
>AER can take a break, she's not seeing much play though...
>We're disappointed in how little play Nissa is seeing, so here's middle sister Nissa in AKH! I hope you guys like Nissa!

FUCK OFF WOTC. WE DON'T NEED THREE NISSAS IN STANDARD.

Deathtouch, indestructible

Can't attack unless you control another creature with 4 or more strength

2G:: Another target creature gets +2/+0 and trample until end of turn

>Green god is by far the best one
what did wotc mean by this?

Who knew, this one's actually good.

I find it interesting that its activated ability affects all zombies, not just your own.

Zombie tribal has gotten a big push today.

I haven't seriously played M:tG in a long time, since before Planeswalkers were printed, in fact. Am I correct in assuming her third ability is kinda "meh," something you would *maybe* use towards the end of the game, while her first two abilities combined are where she really shines?

Yes. Planeswalkers generally shouldn't be evaluated by their ultimates.

Did not expect Deathtouch but otherwise what was expected. Hell, it's even stronger than theorised since the requirement is only 4 strength. You can easily achieve that on turn 4.

>deathtouch
>on a 5/5
Would giving him trample make him too broken ?

the "ultimate" ability is generally what you're supposed to be building up to and a good one can be game-ending because you're not supposed to actually get them that far
more often than not, an actually valuable 'walker has good other abilities and the "ultimate" is just gravy

He's a snek though, sneks have deathtouch

Brick Squad deck taking form

We still have the black one, but yeah, calling it now, it's not going to top this.
Prediction: 3B for 5/4 menace indestructible, can only attack or block if your life is XYX or less, activated ability pays life.

Hell, t3 this, t4 nuGideon or oldGideon, animate gideon, attack with 5/5 deathtouch.

Aside from the fact that it's yet another Nissa (seriously WotC, give us a new walker. I don't care if it has to be that black woman that was talked about, I'm tired of seeing the same walkers every block) I think it's pretty cool.

Or even in stompy you buff one creature at sorcery speed and suddenly you get a 5/5 for 2G on the field able to attack

I'm starting to understand why many oldfags dislike planeswalkers now

3B for a 5/4 menace indestructible sounds right, but I get the feeling it'll be more graveyard oriented. Can't attack or defend unless X cards or X creatures in a graveyard. Hopefully it's not just another pay life to draw mechanic

My first thought:
youtu.be/I3tVfs7jU2k

My second thought:
Hooray! More Lords for my Gisa mono-B Zombie EDH!

T1: Blisterpod or any other good 1-drop
T2: Exemplar of Strength, counters on the 1-drop
T3: Drop Snake God, have a 4/4 ready to fuck shit up and a 5/5 industructable deathtoucher

Graveyard would make sense, but every other God has an attack/block condition that can be easily manipulated, like hand size or number of creatures. Graveyard is hard to fill and empty, for both players

fucking lethal with Nature's Way

If it is graveyard that matters then the god would probably have some kind of saccing mechanic.

Then there is also cycling.

Fun, though not that great.

Needs support to be viable.

Got to have those camels!

1B, Sac a creature: Target player sacrifices a creature

Too good right?

All the camels!

she's potentially modern playable, right?

Ability is too cheap and would probably do something else instead.

Either making a 2/2 zombie(going by the art) or making the opponent lose life.

What modern UG deck wants to tap out on T3 or 4 to do literally nothing?

>If you have another god, I'll show you how much better I am.

>can be dealt damage by deserts
ISHIGGYDIGGY

>X loyalty walker

What an absolute nightmare. Why would they think printing this is ok?

is this nissa good or garbage i can"t quite make my mind up desu

do split cards count as one or two cards in this graveyard?

one

4 fucking Nissas in standard
FOUR. FUCKING. NISSAS.

And they shoehorn her in simic instead of bringing a new walker to the scene. This is disgusting.

There's gonna be less Gatewatch cards after this set

It doesn't make them fight, just deal damage equal to it's power. I assume you're talking about his death touch interaction.

Why is this one's ability costed so much better than the others while it's already the easiest to activate?

still works

because only green gets playable cards

How does that work though? not saying you're wrong, it just sounds very counter intuitive with how that card is written.

My first thought. Is there nothing they can't fuck up?

It's still a source with deathtouch dealing the damage, same reason goblin sharpshooter works with basilisk collar

Nature's Way makes it so your creature deals the damage to the other creature.

I'm calling it, these two sets are going to have ALL the Gatewatch get a card, just in time for Nicol Bolas to hand them their first real defeat.

After that, yeah they've already said that they're going to dial down Gatewatch cards after Amonkhet. The excuse was "we couldn't apply feedback until the set after Amonkhet because of how far ahead we work.

Maro has already stated that they're working on this problem, but because they work so far in advance it's going to be a few more sets before we see progress

both deathtouch for the fight and then him having trample and deathtouch

He said they started dialing them down with Hour of Devastation

RETUUUURN THE SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAB

>>Sorin
Literally the worst example you could give as he actually did stay white even though it was originally stated he was only white on Innistrad.

>can pay naba to attack with him as long as you have a creature

real cool design there wizards

>Nissa is now U/G
Good, maybe mono-green can get a planeswalker that isn't pants on head retarded now.

Chandras' ignition also works with deathtouch.

More mythic, midrange bombs. Fantasic.

Casting her for 2UG feels really good. Bant has been my pet deck in Modern since forever and at least one of these is going in it to test.

Tokens, tokens errywhere.

Rip Goyf in Delver Decks. There's literally no reason to run him now that Blue has a better two-drop they can actually pitch to Force of Will and can get around Counterbalance.

Are we gonna get 5 Planeswalkers this set, the entire Gatewatch, then just Bolas in Hour of Devastation?

Hey Ghave.

Too Many Nissas

>White Parallel Lives that affects everyone
Well this is interesting

No, 3 in Amonkhet, who the fuck knows in HoD

>everyone

"your control"
only you

Well I cocked up
No idea how I missed the "you control" part

Anyone else get the feeling that Amonkhet is going to be one of the most powerful sets in years? The expected value on these boxes should be big. Invest now.

I can get behind this card, I love me some tokens. I wonder if this stacks with itself.

>gideon now makes two 2/2s

Everyone is saying literally the opposite.
It's Kamigawa 2.0, there's very few worth cards and overall the power level is really low, the mechanics and frames are pretty bad, and the hyped up things like the Gods are huge disappointments.

there's a couple bombs but it's nice to see a lot of value cards, pretty evenly distributed, and in good number

It does better than "stack".
It multiplies.
If you have two 'sessions out, anything that'd make you one token instead makes four. Because one times two times two is four. Stop me if this is too much to take in.
Three 'sessions? 1 becomes 8.
Four 'sessions? 1 becomes 16.
Make token copies of your 'sessions? You'll need to bring over another table for your tokens.

So, Wizards, tell me if we aren't one of the lucky few to actually pull a God Card, how are we supposed to interact with it in limited? All the -1/-1 counters get put on our own creatures. There's no common-level remove indestructibility or prison auras so far. Are we to just lie down and let the opponent run a train over us?

>she's in my colors now
REEEEEEEEEEEE

REMOVE THESE SHITTY FUCKING MANATEERS
KIORA WAS SHITTY ENOUGH AND NOW YOU BRING LITERAL HOMEWRECKING SHE BITCH INTO MY HOUSE

PLANESWALKERS AS PERMANENTS WAS THE BIGGEST GODDAMN MISTAKE

SHUT THE FUCK UP RUDY YOU FUCKING HOGNOSED THIEVING PRICE-JACKING BOX HOARDING CUT DICKED SHEKEL LOVING COCKSUCKING LIMPWRISTED GAME RUINING CARDBOARD GOLDING RATFACED BULLSHITTING KEKED PRICE JACKING JEWISH SON OF A WHORE

Seance tech, here we come!

Now I wish I could put multiples in my teysa EDH deck.

>Wizards
>printing universal effects outside of EDH

Not likely fucko. Too confusing for kiddies.

>powerful
Barely so for standard, and definitely not for any format other than standard. I haven't seen a single card that excites me so far.

Second harvest is still in standard, so there's room for some shenanigans with stuff like the embalm hydra.
Then again you'd need to survive till turn 8 in a meta full of aggro and combo deck, so it's probably impossible, but still.