Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

MORTAL COMBAT edition

How do you imagine combat in Pathfinder? Something absurdly anime, or perhaps fantastical realism like pic related or maybe even raw n' gritty? Give us a look into the theater that is your mind!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

spheresofpower.wikidot.com/aether-utility-talents#toc22
youtube.com/watch?v=e4zZqkWSQhQ
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4757158/application-thread/?pageforid=4899358#post-4899358
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't care if it was a thing people actually did, mordhau looks dumb as fuck.

Fuck this guy, mordhau is the awesomest thing in the world. There's something visceral about grabbing the sword by a blade and smashing a man's skull with a crossguard.

If there is not at least one spinning flip in a fight, it's not a true victory. Perhaps this is why I've yet to have satisfying combat.

For honor?

>How do you imagine combat in Pathfinder?
Depends entirely on the setting and the character I'm playing.

This is literally the character I'm playing this week.

Let's say your GM allows Bloodforge, Legendary Kineticists, and Roil Dancer

You make a human telekineticist with the Mixed Blood (Undead) trait. Then, you take the Life After Undeath talent in place of basic Telekinesis. For your first level bonus feat, you pick Noble Scion (War). For your other one, assuming your DM feat taxes, you pick Flashy Finesse from Legendary Kineticists. At third level you pick Mind Afire. Then you take your pick of Oracle 1/Scaled Fist 1 and Paladin 2, for CHA to all saves (you can take ANY alignment with Life after Undeath, not just Evil) and Oracle for CHA to AC and Reflex Saves.

You now have CHA to hit and damage, you're undead with CHA in place of con, you're healed by positive energy and count as a humanoid for spell effects You use Charisma to initiate maneuvers too. The only issue this build has is the interaction between Mixed Blood and Life After Undeath. Does Mixed Blood allow you to take the Life After Undeath talent?

Forgot to add, you need Flashy Finesse as well to get CHA to hit

Wait, when did Ken lose an eye?

swords are nothing but big slabs of iron
they make good clubs

When the she-demon whipped him bloody.

Is Kineticists of Porphyra 4 out yet?

So many shows I need to finish.

> Life After Undeath talent
What does this do and where can I find it?

This is it.

spheresofpower.wikidot.com/aether-utility-talents#toc22

Does your character wear a helmet?

If so, what's it look like?

If not, why?

It's been out for a couple of months now

I never give my character a helmet at the start of a game - it dehumanizes them and makes them into little more than Nameless Goon #23: Adventurer Edition.

I give my character a helmet the same time I get my character full plate (which is another thing, I never start with full plate since that's late-game armor that should be customized to reflect dozens of sessions of characterization.)

>only +9 AC
>late game armor

What else is my dex 14 Warder supposed to wear at level 7?

Nothing, so he can die faster and you can reroll as a dexfriend and actually play the game the way the devs intended.

>level 7
>late game

I can't find it on the trove. Is there anywhere else I can get the PDF from?

...Rereading it, disappointed. It doesn't outright replace your constitution. Still, if you can come up with a fantastic story of why a level 1 guy can be a positive energy undead, you can take it. Figure out some way to justify being a low level zombie (a -1 hp soldier caught between the channel energy of a positive energy channeling cleric and a negative energy channeling cleric, the Neg. Energy killing him a split second before he was stuffed full of positive energy?) and pass it by your DM (you lose immunity to everything but bleed, poison, or sleep, and use Charisma in place of it, along with basic telekinesis). BUT potentially you can get a really fun, CHA to everything build as a non-evil undead. Maybe even a Solaire build of some sort? You just need to take it, Flashy Finesse, Noble Scion of War, and Mind Afire if going Roil Dancer.

The content of the book is up on the Spheres of Power wiki for some reason, not that I'm complaining.

Wha-What I mean is you don't get BETTER than Full Plate! All you do is upgrade it! There ain't nothing better than Full Plate!

I always wear helmets. Terrorize the enemy, look badass while doing it. Also, head protection is a must.

No in an abstracted system like Pathfinder.

>How do you imagine combat in Pathfinder? Something absurdly anime, or perhaps fantastical realism like pic related or maybe even raw n' gritty? Give us a look into the theater that is your mind!

Depends on the characters. My brawler/fighter/ranger just kinda smashes and smashes and smashes when fighting with little to no grace, my bard almost dances and the party usually becomes a blur in the background.

For fluff and flavor, silly. No self-respecting knight gallivants around with his mane flowing and his head wide open for stray arrows.

So I heard PLD logs were being shared willingly?

And that bon bon had a scene?

True/false?

Links?

Indeed, and since Pathfinder is abstract you could say you got hurt from a successful hit because the blow struck your noggin.

Bonbon got shared between three large humanoids until she was more cum than woman.

You can fluff all blocked attacks to your helmet if you want

L I N K S

Abstraction works both ways, user.

If you're not wearing a helmet, than any major hit you get could be from getting hit in the head.

>The enemy orc swings his great club.
>it's attack roll hits your AC
>because you're not wearing a helmet, he smashes your head, caving in your skull. You instantly die. The orc says "GG EZ PZ TG"

Don't forget to have your whole family wear helmets.

>the enemy orc swings his great club
>its attack roll crits on your AC
>confirms
>hits your unborn children a hundred miles away, causing your wife to die of a miscarriage

This looks like a good idea at first user, but if everyone wears helmets, then who will get hurt when the blows land?

>Does this guy literally have nanobot arms?
Only one arm, but yes. Machine element from Magitech Archetypes is a hell of a drug. Specifically the Technograft utility wild talent. Eventually it'll become a chainsaw.

The space encounter thread reminded me that Starfinder will be a thing. Are there any campaign ideas being brewed already?

Can I ask, earnestly, do you really and truly care?

Not him, but I could use some nice wank material.

Don't bother

Its written in the past tense

Truly PLD was a mistake.

>nice wank material
>nice

And this was your go-to?

Not really, but more is always appreciated. Somebody getting reamed by trolls is right up my alley.

>Are there any campaign ideas being brewed already?

Megacorporation is gearing up for war against another megacorporation over an almost perfectly sculpted system of extreme mineral, ecological and research value. Party plays the role of Johnsons, natives caught in the crossfire or outsiders looking for the opportunity to make a quick buck or get a continent for themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=e4zZqkWSQhQ

I don't know why, but I just can't get over loving the old trope of massive corporations whose inept policies and byzantine bureaucracy is kept afloat by having the government in their pocket, the frontier under their heel and a massive army of mercenaries and robotic soldiers.

What time periods are well suited sources of inspiration for Pathfinder campaigns?

Is there another way to heighten spells beyond the metamagic feat heighten spell?

Considering full plate is paired up alongside absolute monarchs and firearms?

16th century.

Yes.

Damn, I meant intensify spell.

Is there a way to move the spell caps beyond those five?

>someone posted armored core ost that wasn't me
holy shit who are you

This is a weird meme

Its not a meme, the sex is written in the past tense

Ruining it.

I didn't like Mari so i made a plant person

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4757158/application-thread/?pageforid=4899358#post-4899358

I'm just a man that's a fan of good muzak, friend.

God damn right

Don't forget that Starfinder has robots as a playable class. You could sirt-of play as your favorite mechs.

What race should I use for Ottoman Turks?

I used dwarves.

Aren't they just the same shitty 'human with neon lights' Androids we already have in Pathfinder, but now with 'muh gender neutrality' slapped on them?

Half-Orcs that obsess over their human half.

even if they are I'm still gonna run that AC campaign I said I would a few weeks ago

Not Androids. Mechs. Armored Cores.

Starfinder has confirmed Power Armor and mechanized armored bipeds.

No. No robot playable class. The classes are: Solarion, Mechanic, Technomancer, Soldier Operative, Mystic, and Envoy. However, android will be a core race.

I wanna water that plant.

To be fair, gender is probably a bit more fluid when interchangeable parts are concerned.

Very Important Question

Ara-Ara, or Hora Hora?

Ghorans are canonically Delicious.

Do PF androids even reproduce? As far as I can tell no.

So there's no real reason to even bother to have gender roles or identities to begin with. Women are barefoot and in the kitchen because they're the ones who get prangent.

Uufufufufufufufufufu~

Or Ohohoho~

Hobgoblins.

Centaurs.

I'm not sure I understand the subtle difference.

They both piss me off, but honestly, the ohohoho girls usually are the ones in need of a hug and some actual affection.

Ara~ Ara~ with the occasional Ohohoho~

Well, if they were designed to interact with organic humanoids, maybe it's helpful to look a bit like one-up to and including a gendered appearance.

one is a caring "my my"

the other one is what she says when she steps on people.

Just picked up a Maw of the Wyrm.
Helps that I ride a Dragon.

Funny. I just thought it meant they're a fox in disguise.

Yare yare daze.

That's why some Androids have breasts and a functional vagina, and the male Androids have dongs.

Only difference is neither of them can actually have kids, they get blown out of the Designated Splicing Streets of the nearby colony ship fragment and just wander into the nearest settlement.

They don't. The die of old age and it basically restarts them with a new personality and soul.

Oh, definitely make them look like one sex or the other to avoid uncanny valley. I'm just saying they wouldn't have our mores baked-in and have no reason to obey them except for lip service.

>TFW no android tomboy girlfriend who doesn't understand your desire to protect her and is brave and gallant
>TFW you will never see her secret submissive side holding hands and making love in bed

I DON'T WANT PAIZO TO TALK ABOUT GENDER POLITICS IN THE VERY FIRST LINES OF THEIR EPIC SPACE OPERA.

I WANT TO READ ABOUT ANCIENT EVILS, INSIDIOUS ROGUE BLACK OPS DIVISIONS AND VAST EXPANSES OF UNCHARTED SPACE.

the play a different game. there's already tons of systems that do exactly those.

Paragraph three then? Gotta tackle gender eventually.

user, you just described a bog standard power bottom female martial.

They wouldn't even be tomboy, they'd just be a female-designed android with masculine qualities.

Dang it, now I'm imagining some souped up killbot in a tutu

That's why we are here, homiesaurus. We'll give you cute giant Beetles who don't want to step on you and crazy humans who want to purge the Galaxy whom you can shoot over and over

We;com,e to the 21st century of political correctness and hate.

B-But Pathfinder's the system I know best, which means getting into Starfinder will be absurdly easy.

>Gotta tackle gender eventually

The Gender talk should be left for the books, not the reveal blurbs.

Emphasizing that shit as a core aspect of the race is sending a very wrong message about what they want to do with their setting.

So fucking tired of this "secret submissive side
anime bullshit. Some of us actually admire people for being active and daring. Just once I want someone here to try and come up with a character concept that doesn't devolve into
>but then I gib the penis
>she suddnely turn deredere
>den ahegao hurrr
>now she kawaii lil waifu makin me sammich
>shit was so cash

Lewd.

Fair enough. There are certainly more interesting things about the game to discuss than robots identifying as attack helicopters. Though given the nature of AI, they probably could be uploaded to an attack helicopter.

What are some kinds of races/cultures you'd like to see that aren't covered by what we've learned of the core lineup?

Problem?

But....aren't those six dots his eyes?

Plenty of those.

Nobody is like that all the time. If they were, it'd be really annoying. Plus, having a large difference between someone's public face and their private face is interesting.

My DM has promised me Mecha after we do a friends Strange Aeon campaign.

Was gonna do a Nineball theme since only 1 guy in the group would get it.