/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 8 (1d26)

Detective Mechanicum Edition

I o u a summary sub-edishun

>READ MOTHERFUCKER READ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>THREAD SPAMMING SHIT BAIT
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fVq4_HhBK8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=wK63eUyk-iM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for something fishy going on here

First for the 9th (who did nothing wrong)

Is the Pallas good for anything bikes don't do better?

Custodes run Stormbirds in the lore, would it be cheesy of me to add one in to my Custodes force?

night lords are the faggest legion

You are not wrong.

Sandwich for emperor.

Honestly anything that isn't a Titan is probably worse than just taking more Custodes tanks, so feel free. Combining unkillable flying death with all the unkillable tank death and unkillable infantry death all resting on a bed of solid brie is probably going to induce some salt, though.

If someone gave me the choice between me fighting their Reaver Titan with D spamming versus a maxed out Stormbird, you better believe I'm fighting the giant ass flyer instead that won't eat me every damn turn

The mental image of slamming a cheese Tribune with 14-15 Paragon Hetaeron and a Galatus out of a now hovering Stormbird is hilarious. Watching it fire an Orbital Strike into anything that could cause serious harm to it is also worth the price of admission alone.

Obligatory "what are you working on today"-post. I just finished the first five terminators.

respect to your dedication and relentless progress, mortarion would be proud. "a man may paint a legion if only given a brush and the dedication to paint again and again." and whatnot.

>assuming game big enough for that.

Bait taken, kill-zone created. Prepare for the Str10 and D on your expensive stuff.

>Being a fuckwit this bad

It's about having fun, not being a dick.

>Being a dick to someone wanting to run a Stormbird

Nah don't be that guy

I agree, because I'm Magos Whale-stormbird, so I encourage as many people as possible to steal crazy big things and give them different paint jobs, especially with how shit the FW Stormbird is painted in some of the pictures.

When I came up with the idea I was thinking of doing the same with Scoria, some Ursarax, a few packs of Myrmidons to hop out the side and rear hatches and a Droplite team, although because of the way the rules are written I can't carry Automata or vehicles. Do you think people would let me use Castellax instead of Dreadnoughts? They'd probably fit.

I have now moved house, so I'm looking through all the boxes to get my bedroom and desk into some semblance of order before I start cracking open my hobby boxes and checking nothing got damaged from a 20 minute drive with padding, which is probably unlikely.

Custodes with assault vehicles is cheese, so yes.

In super lax games I'd count them as Dreads, but that's it. By RAW you can't at all, but there's no harm in being kind.

If these guys aren't working for Prefecture Magisterium Magos Gadget then there's seriously something wrong

>An army using their own equipment is cheese

Next you're gonna say running 15 Terminators out of a Thunderhawk is cheesy.

Well, any game where I'm running through the web of slightly dodgy rules to bring the thing is unlikely to be anything but super lax, so yey.

Well, death guard using phosphex quad guns is cheese. You can be fluffy and cheesy at the same time.

Um.
>Eldar WK and Scatbikes and Spiders
>Tau Riptidespam
>Ironfire
>War Convocation
>Titans in Levi FoC
>Phosphex Mortars

All of those are fluffy as fuck and use"their own equipment" a damn sight more than taking units that flat out aren't in the army list or allowed anywhere else. Doesn't stop them being cheese as fuck.

No, but their Alpha Hercule-001 is a mean mammajamma. That squad has served me really well, I haven't named all of them but each is unique. I like the idea of each being named after famous detectives.

How do reggo Skitarii actually get named, anyway? I always just picked a name and stuck some numbers/letters onto it

>Implying you couldn't simply take the Stormbird as a Custode LOW

Do you even 30k.

Also, some blackshield bits came today. Still waiting for some pariah bolters, laslocks and flamers from victoria.

Riptides are super expensive to produce, using an extremely rare nanocrysatalline armour that makes them light enough to jump around and have a 2+, not to mention that the suit is only given to the most veteran of fire warriors

War convo is supposed to be the mechanicum digging up their relics for an important cause, only fluffy for big games

Wraithknights are just irredeemable

I wouldn't call them fluffy as fuck but all of the above work out well in games of about 2000 points+

Working on some bases for my word bearers today

From what I read in Inferno you can't, can you? Only LoW is the Psitan, and I didn't see a LoW box like in the Legions and Mech book.

Yeah, but you get my point. Custodes away from Terra is about as rare as a few of those things right there, they're the least Your Dudes army since OldCrons or possibly Nids IMO. There's certainly more Custodes miniatures than there are Custodes in 30k, which is cool in a way.

What are the steps for those bases?

glue sand, prime white with the rest of the model, apply tuskgor fur, apply agrax and glue grass

>Alpha Hercule-001
Nice. Who else have you got? Marlowe, Holmes, Constantine?

Skitarii get named however their boss wants to name them, or however their Forge World's naming schema usually go. The 3 we have names for are:
Alpha 9-Thyrrc
Rho-mu 31
Arook Serotid

So that tells us nothing.

I just thought Prefecture Magisterium would make sense for a magos in charge of them, given that that's the Admech/Mechanicum secret police

Also Haldron-44 Stroika. Yeah, seems like name-number name is normal, but mostly it's a"whatever sounds cool" situation.

You can always take allied LOW for any 30k faction unless it has requirements such as Loyalists/Traitors or army profile requirements.

30k is very fast and loose at times, so there's that.

Do Knight Errants benefit from Legion specific rules?

Also does By Falshood Cloaked confer its benefits to the squad he's with?

>Custodes being super rare
Different user, but that's my problem with them, they have no real room for your dudes and because of how recent fluff makes them out to be, I don't like them as a faction

It's a shame though because aside from select cheese, I do really like their rules and models, to the point were I'm going to use the rules and models as extremely enhanced black shields marines. Would this be super autism triggering though?

>Would this be super autism triggering though?
Yes.

Mostly it will look like you want to play on the cheap (low model count, plastic) and with borderline OP rules.

Yeah, so far I've got;

>Axiarch Columbus
>606-Marlowe
>Magnum-442
>317-Spencer (i always liked Psych)

Other guys I'm thinking of are Dick Tracy, Sam Spade, and Nero Wolffe. Should be fun naming them all

Thanks buddy, looks great!

Yeah, pretty much, though if that's a reference I have no idea what it's to

IMO mostly no, he's got the Legiones Astartes rule for regrouping at full Ld and that, but doesn't have the Legiones Astartes (Specific Legion) rule. It'll come down to how the rules are written for a particular ROW, but most specify that they affect models with the LA (Legion) rule, not just the LA rule. If that makes sense.
If I remember correctly, someone asked Bligh about whether you could use a knight errant to prevent terminators scattering at some event or other and he said no (the rule represents the knight errant sneaking onto the battlefield, not doing a precise teleport). But I don't think it's ever been officially stated because that's how forgeworld roll.

Yes. It's too much to have them count as augmented black shields. It'd be like that guy posting in here a few weeks ago trying to do a thunder warrior thing with black shields. Too much of a stretch for most players I think.

Roger-affirmative
Vector-victor

>Kill All Humans

Yeah, I figured it would be pretty triggering, I'll keep it as a side project for now, still need to get my actual legion army up and running first.

But on that note, what isn't considered OP in the Custodes list? Sagittarium Guard?

>Blackshields as thunder warriors?
Why would that be such a stretch again?

I found one of the missing primarchs.

Kek
youtube.com/watch?v=fVq4_HhBK8Y

>thunder warrior thing with black shields
That makes pretty good sense doesn't it?

U G H H
Why must they turn space marines into orks?

>It'd be like that guy posting in here a few weeks ago trying to do a thunder warrior thing with black shields
No, that's perfectly reasonable. It even looks like some of the Blackshields rules was meant for that purpose.

Daily reminder that this fucker can throw his hammer so hard that he flies in the air, does a backflip and then comes down for an AOE attack.

>Leader is Big red guy
>Far too nimble for his weight and size
Only witchery would allow that. Requesting Inquisitor investigation. This all but confirms they are indeed XVth's progeny

Have an alpha have "1337" in his name.

Pale Nomads master chapter. Even Beep Boops aren't safe.

It's actually his second time being featured on the page thay I know of. First was a Carcharodons leviathan that was bitching as well.

Get a guy with a Taser called Johnny Three-volta

>Custodes away from Terra is about as rare as a few of those things right there
Yet it was a thing that happened. Not all of the 10000 are mentioned by name, and they're noted to regularly being sent on different missions, so you can easily explain their presence there, either as a primary or as an allie detachment.

So Arik, his friend Ghota, and perhaps a small handful of other thunder warriors survived the cull. Out of them all, isn't Arik the only one to have extended his own life by stealing an astartes progenoid gland and modifying it to suit his own genetic makeup.

I think that's why it's a stretch to have dozens of thunder warriors running around on a tabletop when one, maybe 2 could have survived to the times of the heresy.

>He dosn't perform the real cants of the Omnissiah
youtube.com/watch?v=wK63eUyk-iM

Looks fuckking noice lad

1337? I don't understand the reference

Funny, but they're named after detectives, on account of everyone thinking they are wearing trench coats

Nah. I imagine +1 S, +1 T, +1 W over astartes with some psychic resistance (rumored to have in fluff). Making them about as good at shooting but much more potent in hand to hand combat, but not custode-good, which is where they seem to be fluff-wise.

Oh he's a detective alright :^)

Gonna be an autist and take the bait.

1337 = LEET or elite in hacker speak.

Well in that case you can't have Spencer without his associate Hollaback Attcha

I think you mean Galileo Humpkins. Or Ovaltine Jenkins. Or Magic Head. But yes, I'll have to do that.

Oooooh. Sure, sounds funny.

Holy shit. It's a Johnny Five, John Travolta, Face-off, from Paris with love super admech-detective mashup.

Flawless victory m8

The pic where Sang is surrounded by evil and daemons is superior.

I know some people lament how mechanised 30k gets sometimes, but how much armour is too much armour if a woodchuck could armour armour? Is the below obnoxious, basically? Wanted to go with versatility, and a high-tech tanks theme, but I dunno if it's too much.

>Aloha Legion, Coils Of The Hydra, 2000 points exactly

Delegatus - 130
>Jump pack, power fist & dagger, AA & refractor field

10 Tacs - 145
>Sgt has combiplasma, power dagger, meltabombs
Rhino - 50
>Pintle multimelta

10 Tacs - 145
Rhino - 50
>Pintle multimelta

10 Tacs - 145
Rhino - 50
>Pintle multimelta

Contemptor-mortis dred - 180
>Kheres assault cannons

(Rewards of treason) 5 dark fury marines - 175

2 Land speeders - 110
>2 grav guns, 2 heavy flamers

2 Land speeders - 110
>2 grav guns, 2 heavy flamers

2 Predator executioners - 260

2 Laser vindicators - 230

Sicaran venator - 190

>Regularly
If you were trying to cite something from that passage, I must have been blind and not have seen it. The only time that I recall custodes being somewhere not Terra is with the emperor when he isn't on Terra, or assigned to extremely important missions. I highly doubt a custodes contingent would be given to some random company of Astartes, not taking into account fluff

I would love them being elsewhere to be the case, but I feel like as a faction currently, their lore makes them extremely restrictive in terms of how you could portray them

>Would this be super autism triggering though?
Models? Yes.
Rules? Not if you fluff it right, you could take them as an allied detachment to a S/T 5 Blackshields and so that they're desperate allies (or whatever the alliance level is) because the custodes are the dudes who were enhanced "correctly" and have great disdain for the "flawed" version.

Yes.

>heard you were talking shit like I wouldn't find out

>doesn't even have his swords out
>these foes only require his fists
>just like eldar phantom titans

You got the palenomads version of that image?

My problem with a lot of 40k/30k art. If they lift their arm, the pauldron would hit the side of their head.

Who needs to lift their arm when you're A) 1 1/2 times as tall as everyone already and B) Can fly.

I legitimately cannot decide which traitor legion I want to play. Alternatively, I might do Fists.

Pull a KAnon and do Iron Fists ;^)

Dark Angels are a good choice.

Dubs say Emperor's Children.

>when you get the dubs you asked for

Go Alpha Legion and play all of them !

Or at least the legion specific units of all of them

What colour are Conversion Beamers beams?

Neat

Ehm ... the colour of sience ?

so... red?

White

Octarine.

White

Make that a pasta nigga

That's why pauldrons should be attached to the end of the collarbone instead of to the center of the deltoids, since the former only barely moves with respect to your neck when moving the arms

How do volkite beams penetrate armour? Why specifically do they react with biological matter differently than other matters?

Well they're an extension of the Emperor's Will; it doesn't exactly strike me as uncommon for them to be sent out in force to key battles, even if it's a squad of five all the way to a Thousand.

There's so much left unspoken during the Heresy that they can be all over.

Space magic

A laser that transmits heat, so you shoot the gun and the gun heats up the armor which then is transmitted to the human inside which then bursts into flames because organics are more combustible than armor.

Isn't that what a melta does?