Murderhobo here

Murderhobo here.

If I kill people in the middle of a forest, no way they can figure out it was me right? Not like there is a cellphone, camera or dna testing to figure it out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0C9UZsdJ_-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends on the setting. Specifically the climate, the regional citizenry, and the wildlife.

Depends on the setting.

A cleric could cast speak with dead or otherwise devine it, if the person was important enough. Never rule out "honest country boy who walked in the woods and saw something he shouldn't have" either. That's hero fuel.

>If I kill people in the middle of a forest, no way they can figure out it was me right?
Except for all the woodland creatures who can tell the druid what happened. Or the necromancer/warlock/witch who can commune with the spirit of the victim. Or the party furry who can smell your scent on the body. Or the gods who are just going to tell the paladin what you did.

And then there are the other murderhobos who are going to return the favor just because they can.

Kill them and burn the forest.

Medieval DnD setting.

It's a thick forest close to a medieval kingdom.

Aren't necromancers, warlocks and witchs considered scum?

Also the druid should be happy I'm fertilizing the earth. The Paladin may be trouble, but I think the gods have better things to do than worry about that.

>honest country boy
youtube.com/watch?v=0C9UZsdJ_-k

>Also the druid should be happy I'm fertilizing the earth.

That only flies if you bury them stupid. Otherwise he's going to be mad that some random chucklefuck is leaving stinking rotting bodies all over his forest. I know I'd be pissed.

>Otherwise he's going to be mad that some random chucklefuck is leaving stinking rotting bodies all over his forest.

Why not? Not like nature actually bury their bodies. :^)

Actually, fun fact, elephants bury their dead in a fashion. So yeah. Take that.

The spirits of the dead will haunt you and give clues to the living to expose you.

Spirits need a necromancer to be raised.

Either you live in a setting where they can figure it out or you live in a setting where people think "Well being a stranger, he was probably the murderer so unless anyone's got an objection lets all feel good about this."

Settings lying between the two are rare.

some good advice would probably be to use misdirection. after making the kill, carve a block of stone into a statue of the victim being scared. this way they will think its a basilisk or something and stay away.

Nope. In the tales of ancient Greece it was standard that unless you were buried properly you never got to the river Styx to take the boat to Hades. Unquiet dead that haunt the living is the reason for many tales.

You sir, are made of fail.

>footprints
>alibi
>actual detective-work

Good thing the world is some bethesda game where no-one ever actually tries to solve crimes

What is necromancy, Alex?

>Footprints could indicate human or demihuman presence at the carcass during struggle, and the weight of such a person.
>Local shoemaker might be able to tell if the shoe was his make, how large it is, and who he sold that size shoe to who might've been able to do it.
>Suspicion naturally forms around wandering adventurers with no ties to the place.
>Hairs might indicate homonid species, ethnicity, gender, age, bathing habits
>Piece of armor or garment could be recognized by armorer or tailor; spent missiles by fletcher.
>damage could implicate the weapon favored by the murderhobo
hope this helps

Speak with Dead, man. If the people you killed saw you, they can figure it out.

>all forests have elephants

Murderhobo here.

How hard is it to set a deciduous forest on fire in the waning days of summer? What tools do I need to make it happen if at all?

Depends on how dry it's been recently as to how easy it is to get going. Once started you're usually good to go, although it's not exactly predictable how far it will spread,

I'm pretty sure there aren't elephants in the PNW. Feel free to correct me though I'm a bit rusty.

Traditionally, you find the nearest gypsy-equivalent and hang him for the crime.