MTG COMPETITIVE MODERN GENERAL

Spellweaver's Very Own General edition

Playing?
Hating?
Brewing?

What's your most effective sideboard card?

What card are you most excited for in Amonkhet? Does it change any deck you play?

Who has modern on Tuesday nights at their LGS?

>out at a club
>this guy walks up and exiles your girlfriend's ass

what do you do?

>playing?
U/W Thopter Whir
>hating
Eggs, it's not even a bad match up people just play it so fucking slow >brewing
Sky Hussar ninjas
>sideboard card
Commandeer, stealing a karn or cathartic reunion makes me nut.

>teleports behind u

nice try.. kid

Can U-Tron jam a set of Ensnaring Bridge and just use Mindslaver as the wincon?

U-Tron isn't a deck that looks to empty its hand

I was looking to get into modern and I was looking at 8-rack as a start. What I was wondering, is that I've seen some lists run anywhere from 0-4 lilianas. She seems like a very important part of the list, and I was thinking the lists that ran 0 were for budget reasons, but there's this one that made a top 8 at GP Vancouver that has 0 as well, so barring consistently favourable matchups it seems like it's doable. There's also a lot of back and forth about mana bases and running white/red for sideboard or just keeping it black.

Is there anyone here who can shed some insight on what the right way to go with the deck is (besides killing myself for playing an unfun deck)?

How do I Rev for 15 safely?

So this is like the best thing Blue decks can side in against Tron right?

What are some decent replacements for Mishra's bauble? I understand why it's so good, and probably irreplaceable, but $50 for an uncommon. I don't think so.

Replacement how? 0-drop artifact that can toss itself to the graveyard, or an artifact providing a bit of card draw/self replacement?

This plus hyper efficient beatsticks works for me

>Playing?
G/B Tron. Nothing gets me harder than killing my opponents Goblin Guide, making them discard their Boros Charm, and recouping the damage their guide did with a mini-helix, all for the low cost of 2 mana and some discarded eggs.
>Hating?
Nothing really. I'm pretty happy with the current metagame.
>Brewing?
Nothing at the moment. I have a memey mono-walls deck built, I just need to put together a sideboard.
>What's your most effective sideboard card?
Warping Wail or Pithing Needle. Both have been consistently relevant week after week.
>What card are you most excited for in Amonkhet? Does it change any deck you play?
Snek god dude. I'm going to try him as a 2-of in mono-green stompy.

If it's just for types in graveyard you can cast hangarback Walker or Walking ballista for zero

I have 2 8-Rack players in my meta and both swear by mono-black. One of them runs a full set of Lili's and the other runs none so I don't know what to tell you there.

The spiciest tech I've seen for that deck though is Lupine Prototype if you're too poor for bridges.

>Playing?
Death's Shadow Jund, GB Tron, Breach Titan, Affinity. Think I might try Merfolk this Friday.

>Hating?
Bogles.... sometimes.

>What's your most effective sideboard card?
Back to Nature.

Not excited about anything in Amonkhet.

Is Collective Brutality that good? I'm considering splashing it in U Tron.

It is a very strong card with a lot of utility. Its useful in a variety of matchups, and it makes the burn matchup in particular a lot more winnable.

If you think you can fit it into U Tron without compromising the core of the deck, go for it.

Yes, it's pretty good. Run 3 or 4.
T.Burn player

>discard your hand to slow me down 1 turn
Sounds nice. I like it.

>discard your hand
There's enough redundancy in g/x tron that dropping extra eggs or tutors is irrelevant.
>1 turn
In what world does recouping the life lost to a turn 1 GG, killing said GG (which probably would have gotten in 4+ more damage), and removing 4 damage from their hand equate to 1 turn? I've played both decks extensively and CB is virtually a net gain of 8-10 life, which can often be enough for tron to stabilize.

The rarity of old cards is largely irrelevant to the price. Low supply? High demand? Expensive card

This is a real card?

Yes little Timmy. Back in the day, Wizards wasn't afraid of printing good cards.

Now we just get straight shit from BFZ though Amonkhet.

You don't

You can Rev for around 8 pretty consistently with Esper Draw Go, though

>straight shit from BFZ though Amonkhet.
But user, what about the Eldrazi?

Is this good for anything?

Maybe more tech against Affinity/Lantern. The mana loophole pisses me off to no end though. Why can't we punish lands anymore?

Hey lads

RUG Delver

Oh man, I just realized he hits fetches! This might be main board playable.

Why would I ever run this in rug delver. I run 14 creatures at most and I certainly don't want to be tapping of for the most expensive scry ever

Definately intredasting. Maybe he can fit in burn?

Harsh mentor is strictly sideboard fodder

Naya hatebears is a go.

3 mana for scry 2 every turn is pretty fuckin decent and her 0 can also get you lands.

I think there's a place in burn for him. He wrecks everything affinity wants to do, he turns every fetch n' shock from 3 to 5 damage, he negates scoozes ability to gain incremental life, he severely punishes both Eldrazi Displacer and Drowner of Hope, and I'm sure there's plenty more good stuff that he harms.

He's probably not quite as impactful as Eidolon, but he doesn't affect you and can be run alongside Eidolon anyway. I was thinking at first that he might be worth sideboard slots but the more I look at him the more I'm thinking he's mainboard material.

>play her for 3 mana
>use her +2
>shes only at 3 loyalty and gets bolted
Wow 3 mana for scry 2 so OP.

Is 3 colors viable in a deck that doesn't want to run fetches?

Why not run fetches?

Run 8 copies of city of brass. YOLO bitches

I like it, but what's it hit besides fetches, scooze, expedition map?

You're assuming she doesn't just die.

Also rug delver functions fine on 2-3 lands. This is not a good card

Manlands and Kiki.

Leonin Arbiter is a key hatebear and he fucks your fetches. You could run without him though I guess

Hes looking better and better by the second. He might find a home in my Grixis Delver 75

Oh shit he hoses ravaged. Affinity btfo

This level of hate means Birthing Pod can be unbanned, right?

Lol

Ok but seriously, why are the majority of the amokhet people black? Shouldn't most of them, you know, look egyptian? I get they're pandering but it seems ridiculously insulting to just glaze over the people that it's actually based on.

It'd be like doing a china themed set but the majority of people were Irish because they wuz emperors and shiiet.

>Why are there black people in fictional not-Africa in my card game designed to sell Planeswalkers to children and retarded standard players?
This is obviously bait but does it matter? Does anyone have faith in WotC for anything?

>playing bridge in a deck that doesn't get hellbent
wew

I know. I mean force is an uncommon, but I feel this price is inflated and will be reprinted soon enough. I'm more or less binding my time. In the mean time, got an suggestions for replacements?

I feel that way too user. But what could one cut for him?

This guy seems playable in Burn. Maybe over Lavamancer as a two of. Hes not always good, hes a bad topdeck, but in conjunction with Eidolon he makes playing the game very strenuous on life totals. If theyre both out turn 3 a single fetch into 3 cmc or less spell becomes 5 damage.

There were very few blacks in ancient egypt. If they wanted the set filled with blacks, they should have made the theme the congo jungle.

I felt bad for egyptians, getting their history blatantly stolen and black-washed.

Maybe cut Lavamancer and a Skullcrack to run 2 mainboard?

Probably this. Maybe a Lightning Helix and a Skullcrack cut or Lavamancer. You'd want to cut a 2 cmc spell as to not ruin your curve.

Do you guys think Cryptic Serpent has any potential at all?

Nah it's just a body, has no evergreen abilities. There's better finishers.

Worse gurmag angler and much worse bedlam reveler. The double UU cost kills it

>5 mana

Even if it were only a few, there were blacks in ancient Egypt(slaves in hieroglyphs are depicted as very dark) so I don't see why you are whining. Also, there was a pharaoh with Sub-Saharan features near the collapse of ancient egypt (niggers can't keep shit). I didn't see anyone complaining about the depiction of whites in Not! Greece and Not! Mongolia. It doesn't even matter because of your races will soon be obsolete anyway. Hispanic masterrace here.

This could say "prevent all damage that would be dealt to you" and it still wouldn't be that big of a game changer on modern. It's balanced for draft.

>Hispanic masterrace
>entire continent cucked by the CIA

The CIA is cucking you in your own house. Atleast I'm getting cucked by a stranger and not my own brethren. Enjoy the next 9/11 and sandy hook faggot.

>not! greece
>not! mogolia
>white

Greek people share more features with the terrorists you so much hate. Have you seen greek people? Goole it.

can Pressed for Answers target a tapped creature?

>implying "Abject poverty: the race" doesn't perpetually fuck itself to the bottom of the barrel

Yes

You have us confused with niggers.

You can't respond to mana abilities so it's consistent that mana abilities don't trigger things.

In frontier

I know what greek people look like dipshit and that's why I implied they weren't white unlike that retarded hispanshit.

>it's consistent that mana abilities don't trigger things.
Are you forgetting Manabarbs?

anyone played elves allosauros combo? there are several builds but i dont know which one to make

>elves allosauros combo
That deck is legitimately bad I don't know why you would want to play it.

Why isn't it a 1 or 2 of in stompy?

Name one other deck that let's me play elves and dinosaurs

He has a point

Green Stompy is an aggro deck that wants to play extremely green-intensive creatures on curve. Nyxthos is pretty much a dead land for 90% of the decks spells early game, and in the late game its useless because the deck curves out at 3.

the even worse CoCo- Dubious Challenge Brooding-Elves combo

What think?

If you're going to do a shitty combo like this wouldn't any other landfall trigger work as well? Like Hedron Crab that wouldn't even require you to slam chromatic lantern

It's a blue Gurmag Angler. Take that for what you will.

it's a worse gurmag angler too. take that for what you will

Someone's getting a little worked up.

Tbh, it's pretty bad in modern tho. Any deck that could take advantage and cast it for UU would rather play other things

Literally already been posted in this thread you pleb.

???

my inner timmy gets hard at the idea of playing elves, dinosaurs, and craterhoof and my inner spike for the potential turn 2 griselbrand or iona

I have a full set of Windswept Heath, Wooded Foothills, Temple Gardens, and a single Scalding Tarn and Stomping Ground. Anything I can build with this mana base without putting more than about $100 more into it?

Ghetto manaburn.dec incoming?

No

So I hear that storm is a thing again in modern, and this is what I put together. My other tarns are in ANT and I don't wanna move them around every week if I don't have to.

Anyone have any experience with the deck, or is it autoplay helmet storm?

you could build burn with a slightly shittier mana base

It's literally t2 baral t3 storm off

Join the storm team, senpai

>roommate is out in the living room fucking the second new girl this week
>I'm in my room sorting cards wondering what steps in life I took to lead me where I am today