Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a big general edition.

>Previous thread
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

FIRST FOR THE W'EARERS

2nd for Nurgle

Xth for what are y'all working on?

Flamers vets and black guardsmen. Will show off when complete.

>play Ork or Nid
>lose

Explain this

I need some help, I'm relatively new to 40k and stuck between 4 armies:
Nidd, thousand sons, skitarii and space marines (specifically the crovus armour)
Thousand sons and nids suck shit and Corvus armour is expensive

What do

So i haven't played for a few editions and looking to get back into the game.

Been lurking but quick question;
Can I have an army of inquisiton/ sisters/ custodes and a knight?

Used to run witch hunters back in the day but like the models of golden banana boys and the warden.

Don't fully understand the armies of the imperium rule.

7th for smut stories. Give them to me.

Anyone got experience dealing with troublesome players? Had a game of 40k today, and the player I was allied with had a real bad stammer. Like like like like like, he would would struggle to, well well well well you know get a... sentence out. I feel kind of bad for the guy, because he seems real friendly otherwise, but holy god did it slow the game down. 2k points a side, 2 players each side so 1k each, and the game took SEVEN HOURS, fuck. I'm not going to bring it up with him, much less ask him not to play because it's not his fault. And as I said, he's a nice guy and a chill player, loves the lore and discussing it. He'd be 10/10 bro tier if it wasn't for the stammer slowing everything down. Anyone else been in this situation? What did you do? I don't think it's a confidence thing because he's pretty eager to chitchat about stuff, we were talking about Trump before the game started and once he got his sentences out he seemed pretty smart.

Skitarii? They look fucking boss

Are you playing to have fun or win?

What do you guys think of my first 40k list? Is Draigo worth it or should I go Librarian? Is there an issue with mobility?

i'd rather have a bro with a stammer then a waac faggot for an ally

8th edition leaks fuckin when

can't take draigo as your ally detachment anyway since you lack an hq, not sure about that special detachment though

Fun with friends and was originally gonna go nids but they have such little diversity that doesn't = complete loss

I'm playing against tau, necrons and space marines mostly

>dat thigh gap

Ive made a bit of progress. Got his hair done, but gotta leave for work now, so I have to wait to paint. :(

>tfw my game store has been tau free for 8 months and counting

As long as your friends don't have ultra meta lists you can take whatever nid army you desire and do ok.

It's a lot of models to paint though,

maybe think about skitarii.

Can take on your friends armies decently, nice looking models aswell.

space 0din

Whats the best way to start a khorne oriented army? I want to include demons but mainly the big ones such as Bloodfirster. Would demons of Khorne, Khorne Demonkin or traitor legions be best?

Assuming that at least all the god specific Primarchs get a model and rules, what do you guys think Angron will be like? My thought is he'll be similar to Bloodthirsters in both look and statline. If Magnus is the most psychic model ever then I suppose Angron will need to be duel wielding S:D at initiative weapons.

Shame you don't want to go with pure/mostly daemons - you could play both AoS and 40k

Yeah, skitarii were my second choice, the main issue I had with nids was carrying 5 cases just for a 1k point game

Thousand sons is actually just unplayable btween rubric marines and ahriman and getting the heads for Corbusier armour is just as expensive as the marines themselves

I think skitarii are the way foward

Rate my 1k admech list.

Working on my Wytches.

I built some more and some kabalites with special weapons but I dont have pictures of them.

Well since magnus has come out and mortarion is likely to come out very soon i want to have a list which includes angron when he eventually gets released.

You've got a few choices to make. KDK in my experience have less versatility than pure World Eaters. However they also tend to be significantly faster at getting to combat. If you go KDK you can take a Bloodthirster as an HQ for whatever CAD or formation you're running. With World Eaters you'll need to ally in a Daemons detachment.

Yea do it, sons are seen as memey waac shit atm.

No one will deny a game against skitarii

Simple, xenos are shit

>TFW you like Tau's aesthetic but they're so cheesy

anyone got any non-WAAC Tau lists? bonus points if they have Farsight

All kroot

Just don't use huge shit

So what's most value formation you can ally with?

Hard mode: No Riptide Wing

>Astropath+Primaris Psyker
>75 pts
>2x Prescience and maybe some other cool buffs
>FREE reserve rerolls, reducing chance of not getting unit in to 11%

>>Im not entirely sure how demonkin work. Dont they have the ability to bring in reserve units as they get more kills and then summon the bloodthirster?

Avoid stormsurges, only one riptide per 1000 points, don't be an asshole

Suppose to be a response to this user.

Thanks for the help mate

One quick side note, if I field both skitarii and cult mechanics, can they be in the same army under admech like traitor legions are in csm or fielded as allies like smurfs and blood angels?

>Listen to Betrayer
>Genuinely hates honorifics and servility, instead of just pretending he doesn't to seem magnanimous and relatable like certain other Primarchs *cough*Horus*cough*Guilliman*cough*
>Doesn't like the arse-kissers in his ""bodyguard"" or give them special treatment like pretty much every other Primarch
>Promotes humans on merit and badassery even when being driven insane by DAoT implants and treats them the same as his marines
>Squats a fucking Scout Titan to save his brother, even though he doesn't like him, out of loyalty.
>Has genuine reasons for thinking the Emperor is a cunt and doesn't hide the fact he thinks this until it's popular

Angron seems like he'd be the most bro-tier Primarch by a long way if he didn't have the Nails constantly torturing him

What could have been....Angron of the Warhounds would be interesting to see.

(not that user, but)
KDK is basically all the khorne and unmarked stuff from codex: chaos marines and chaos daemons in one book.
Their faction gimic is that killing units gets you points you can spend on buffs or more units

>what do you guys think Angron will be like?

600pts
Same stats as the picture, all daemon of khorne and world eater bonuses
Angron's Black sword has S:D
Roar of Hate: Instead of firing a weapon Angron may use Roar of Hate, all World Eater models within 12'' of Angron add 6'' to their normal charge range and all enemy models within 12'' of Angron must move towards Angron and must assault Angron if they are within range in their next turn.

You know, I just read the Mechanicus codex, and the macrostubber seems like a surprisingly Orky gun.

Which got me thinking: Why don't Orks just loot Techpriests wholesale? They're shooty, flash, and FULL of gubbinz. I could even see some Techpriests being down with it; it gives them the chance to study xenos technology up close, and overthrowing a Warboss' current Big Mek would allow him to both steer the Orks away from Imperial worlds (and towards other xenos) and save any artifacts that they would otherwise loot or destroy.

Jesus user, this is a blue board, at least spoiler/censor shit like that.

Be patient with him, and maybe ask if he gets upset when people finish his sentences.

kek.exe

Lies! Fantasy! Very IMPROBABLE!

Looks pretty beasty

Also, Imo Angran has the right to be the deadliest thing on melee in the game. At least charging.

they got rid of looted mechanic before admech was introduced AND what you said is fucking retarded fluff-wise

YES
YESS

Yeah, seems like the best thing to do, better a bro with a hinderance than a waacfag. Ah well, thanks for the advice guys.

well, at least you didn't add in those MCs the kroot used then the list would be unusable. for now it's just terrible

The admech would kill you over a fucking pen drive, plus all tech to them is sacred. Muslims aren't gonna hand over that black box thing to some savage rain forest tribe to see how they act around it.

>Astropath+Primaris Psyker

Meant Astropath + Wyrdvanes for 85.

Yeah those are some of the reasons he's in my top 5 or even top 3 primarchs.

How triggered would Veeky Forums get if 40k primarchs went the route of 30k? aka Russ being the most powerful in 1v1 assault

Something like this should do decent in a local meta, and there is literally 0 cheese for anyone to whine about. You can make it incrementally more cheesey as circumstance requires - starting by dropping the piranhas for an optimized stealth cadre.

Usually allies, but there are some formations which allow units from different factions to be included.

As far as I know, the only one which lets you get away without at least two troops choices from each faction is the one which comes with the start collecting box (pic related), which isn't very good and only lets you field a very specific set of units.

Russ is pretty guaranteed to be the best stand-up fighter in the game. Space Wolves have always had excellent rules, especially for their characters and he is actually supposed to be one of the better fighters among the primarchs. The only competition is Angron and the Lion and they both come from legions which GW have generally shat on rules-wise.

4+ save seems sorta low considering Gorillaman. I'm not familiar with Iron Hide, but does that give him an invulnerable save?

and yet there are people, like me that consider him incredibly boring

I just don't get what's interesting about him, I prefer Lorgar a lot more

Great knarlocs? I think they aren't even monstrous creatures. That might actually make them sort-of good.

Some Diaz Seekers.

Start was kind of messy, but I'm not too far from finishing.

Should a baneblade be allowed in a 3k game?

Holy shit i am so excited, im getting into 40k and this saturday im buying myself my skitarii army. I dont know what im going to do while waiting. You can only fuck a toaster so many times.

Sure, it shouldn't be a problem to have one at 2k+.

FIGHT ME YA GIT

Sure, why not? At 3,000 points, you should expect to see a few super-heavies.

he's more then a berserker and it's easy to type cast him as insane

that's odd, but then considering the age i guess not

>using tau formations instead of CAD in friendly games
Cmon man.

I've scrapped with Baneblades at 1.5k before, although with Mechanicus I'm better suited to killing them than most. It went down turn 2 to Holy Requisitioner after wasting all it's fire on my Kastelans.
So yeah, should be more than fine, I would probably expect at least one Knight, Baneblade or similar there, probably two.

what exactly are you buying on saturday? Are you shopping at a GW store?

Superheavys in 2000+ games seem to be considered fine, which makes sense to me given that by then you should have plenty of army to counter it. And a Baneblade in particular is unlikely to raise eyebrows as it's one of the tamer superheavies.

Consider taking the Traitor's Bane. It has only a large blast, but it ignores both armor and cover saves AND is shrouded against flyers. No amount of Aeon Gunships gunna kill this Fatboy!

You can just do 3 astropaths

Eldar player here

Should I use a Wraithknight against my friends?

They play Tyranids and Orks.

What should I finish the loadout on my last 3 sternguard with in this list?

I figured I would combat squad them, 5 meltas on a tank, the 3 and 2 hvy flamers on infantry.

I could either go with combi-flamers for extra burny, or combi-grav for the chance at 15 grav shots at a riptide or something.

I feel like with the overloaded plasmadevs and heavy flamer vets I have enough anti-blob.

Also with their obsec, the heavy flamer sternguard unit will probably sit on an objective and dig in like a tick.

Thoughts on what 3 combi weapons I should go with?

Sins of A Solar Empire: Trinity

0VKY8-3LFMV-BDJFZ

Did you kill it with Haywire? That's what I worry about with my Baneblade. Seeing a 500 point LOW disappear to 2+ vehicle poison.

Is that the Catachan Hellhammer? Thought they had Massive Blasts, which is 100% worth the cost because its on a Turret and still has that Demolisher cannon.

if you use a wraithknight they won't be your friends

>All these kroot riders
>All those Boys

There is going to be a layer of bodies when this battle is over.

Oh right, Librarian is the way to go then right?

where did you get the eagle pauldron?

>nids and orks
Fuck no, WK is criminally undercosted. If you were up against Tau or Necron or SM, then it'd depend on the points level. My rule of thumb is no LoW at sub-1500.

>1 point over

>reading adb garbage
>le deep and misunderstood bloodthirsty savage

I feel like he has the same stigma as Kharn. He's viewed by most people, unsurprisingly, as a two dimensional bezerker who's always angry all the time. Although he IS a frothing maniac a great deal of the time he's also an extremely complex individual, just as all his brothers are. Unlike most of his brothers he is not the golden hero most of us can view as a protagonist like Dorn or Guilliman. He shares more with with Magnus in that they are both tragic figures. Magnus' intellect and the benevolence of his Legion however make him an interesting character. After all, we've all made mistakes with good intentions.

Angron is harder to sympathize with for most people. However to a small group we see his fate as similar to ours in the way that most can understand Magnus. I have schizophrenia and it has nearly gotten me killed twice and destroyed a decade of my life before I was able to get real help. Angron is similarly broken. He is a Primarch, a shining example of both mankind and the ingenuity and strength of the Emperor. All of the Primarchs are, in their own ways, cunning, wise, and charismatic. The Butchers Nails took nearly all of that from him. All that potential was lost and he was reduced to a wreck of a man. He spent his life a slave to his own broken mind, but from time to time we are able to see him be what he should have been. When he speaks with Lorgar or Guilliman he is not exactly eloquent, but the power of his being both physical and mental are apparent. The man behind the nails is still there despite all the rage and hate.

He may not be a Horus or a Sanguinius, but I, and I expect many fa/tg/uys, see his struggle in some small ways as a reflection of ours.

Whoops, you are correct. Forgive my lack of knowledge regarding the blast size: I haven't worked up to even 1500 points yet and don't plan on memorizing the rules until I reach 2000 points.

And even then, depending on what 8th edition forge world does, I might be using a Marauder instead.

>Genuinely hates honorifics and servility, instead of just pretending he doesn't to seem magnanimous and relatable like certain other Primarchs *cough*Horus*cough*Guilliman*cough*
wut?

Nothing, outta primer and plastic glue, shipping will cost as much as the shit does and the nearest LGS closed last year.

Don't buy too much at once.

Go for the start collecting box and once you've completed that get more stuff.

Yeah, of course I killed it with Haywire. It's Admech, that's pretty much the only ranged weapon I have that doesn't need to fish for sixes besides the Neutron Lasers. Holy Requisitioner is perhaps the perfect Baneblade killing formation, though. No-scatter DS of 12 TL Haywire shots with rerollable reserves. I wouldn't worry about losing it like that against any other army unless you play on boards which are also ant residential areas.

>When he speaks with Lorgar or Guilliman he is not exactly eloquent, but the power of his being both physical and mental are apparent

that is in fact one of the few instances in which I can at least see a little of the character he could have, the whole dialog with Guilliman is really good, but brief instances of shine and really a bunch of "could be's" still don't make up for what he really is presented as and used as, the archetype of a villain that it's extremely easy to demonize and can be easily introduced to any story that needs a stock villain

>Baneblade
>Dying turn 2 in a 1.5k points game
I fucking hate current 40k

I wanna have fun games, would you accept playing against this list?

>>that feeling when you paint something nicer than you used to paint, but then look back at something you felt good about finishing a year ago and now it looks like garbage.
>>no matter how much effort you put in, what you used to be proud of will eventually disappoint you.
The impermanence of relative quality is giving me an epiphany.

>Fun games against Tau
>Ever

I had second list with meganobz, mek gunz, deffkopta but then i realized that it its pointlesd cause body to body combat is where's the money at

Question. how fair is 60% retail for:

Watch Master
Watch captain Artemis

8 Vanguard veterans
5 Deathwatch Terminators
Venerable Dreadnaught

20 deathwatch veterans

3 Deathwatch Bikers

Deathwatch Transport
Corvus blackstar
(fully magnetised)

Codex: Deathwatch
Deathwatch Datacards

Legs n torsos cleaned and on bases, accessories on sprue, all either bare plastic or primed black.

I even included the codex and datacards free with a bulk purchase.
Been over a week and not even a nibble, are DW in such a shitty state?