Behemoth: The Land of Giants

Fuckkin progress edition.

Link to the VERY in progress playtest document.
docs.google.com/document/d/1GP1fYMgAlwknvNl_G2boXpCPzARfsd3FmDh56HIN9lw/edit

I'm going to be tackling the task of actually developing this shit. If you've got any suggestions at all. let me know.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/TEY4PtET
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51154369/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>literally typing it out as it sits here
ABSOLUTE
MADMAN

Is this using ORE? The rolling mechanic looks weird.

Giants are pretty neato

its ripped from Legends of the Wulin

Also Post Giants.

Reposting this sweet piece of writefaggotry to get everyone in the mood.

pastebin.com/TEY4PtET

Bumpan for PROGRESS

IOU, One Giant Picture.

behemoth

>If you've got any suggestions at all. let me know.
please don't make it all fetish stuff

Artistic community > scientific community? More of a focus on faster infrastructure development research and invention.

Any further explanation on throw/grapple/shove/smash? Would these be combat features, and if so wouldn't the "magic activation" also have multiple abilities

Could add a speed kill list that could influence Initiative. Or how is combat turn order determined?

For behemoth generation mechanic - are we making it based on settlement resource gain? Like the more resources they gather/beasts they kill, the higher increasing chance of a behemoth appearing

Bumping for some visibility - This looks like an interesting project!

-Changed Artistic community to "Enlightened Community"

-Magic activation is supposed to be like Use Magic Device in D&D.

- Initiative Order is determined by rolling a d10, then whoever gets the highest result goes first, and so on. And once everyone is finished with their turn, roll initiative again. There might be some other things that let you change your initiative order later, but that's what the system is now.

-Right now i'm focusing on getting the combat down pat before i get on to Campaign and Conquest modes.

Would combining Grapple, Throw, and Shove into a single skill break things too much?

Magic Activation seems like a clunky name imo. Maybe something like Sorcery?

Well we're like PRE-playtest stages, so i honestly have no idea if i'd break it or not. i'll roll things together if it seems too clunky.

-change Magic Activation to sorcery.
Good shout.

I DONT SEE ANY FUCKING TYPING

Combat mechanics are coming up!

Rules are simple-ish. John attacks you, you defend. you both roll your Body Pools. Defender chooses how they defend.

Three defense options

Block (Try stop the damage)
Dodge (Try to avoid the damage)
Counter (Try to hit the other guy first)

Nice setting.

Most of the combat rules are done, Now i need to start doing gear.

Huzzah! keep the thread alive chaps

Did they save her from the lizard men or did they capture her

I remember starting writefaggotry about that a long time ago. Never got terribly far with it.

Right boys i'm at the hard part. I need weapon abilities for all these weapon types. Which is just extra functionality after the attack has been made.

For example having a Paired weapon gives you the ability to attack again.

Weapon types.
Cudgels
Axes
Sabers
Spears
Paired weapons ----- Rapid Strike: Use special Combat Action to attack again.
Fist Weapons ---- Effortless Dodge: Ignore the cumulative attack penalty when dodging. Penalty to dodge remains.
Ranged Weapons

Additionally, I need weapon names and description for each equipment tier. you need not include Relic gear as those are unique items.

Primitive Gear: Wood and Stone
Beast Gear: Bone, hide, Chitin and other animal parts.
Alloy Gear: Metal

Cudgel - Dazing Strike: Second roll allowed with certain attacks to impose penalties to enemy rolls.
Axes - Overhead Chop: Uh...not sure yet.
Sabers - Bleeding Wound: Chance to cause persistent damage if you make second successful roll
Spears - Brace For Impact: Interrupt an enemy approach/attack for a free counter

She's tied down and they're celebrating.
Not sure how the lizard ties into it, but presumably they captured her.

Is that sword magnets?

Ranged Weapons - Take Aim: If you use Gather Momentum you can give up your attack to use the entire dice pool as Momentum on your next attack?

flamin magnets

This is why we don't go to fucking Lilliput anymore.

YO NIGGA THAT'S RUNESCAPE ART I RECOGNIZE THAT!

So how big are the elves in this system?

>Rock hard giant girl abs

Mah nigga.

So, each player's giant comes from a different settlement? Or is it possible for one settlement to share multiple giants? Would that affect their power?

Since they seem to be so strongly linked to their territory, I'm trying to understand how players meet. It doesn't seem like we can do a Backs of Gods style thing and have portable settlements, right?

One player/giant per settlement, otherwise large cities would have too many giants. But you can also be bear each other just villages next to each other in the same region. I believe the campaign mode will work on a larger scale seeing as it shouldn't take you long to travel far distances

>I didn't actually read any of the fucking drafts we did for the mechanical system EXCEPT the 4 posts about how to dice: The Mechanics Pitch.
I'm appreciative of the effort, but your foundation flies in the face of shit that already was established by the previous people that worked on this.

If you're gonna pick up a project, at least give the due to the shit you picked up.

Thanks.

I like that general idea. With a game map that'd be easy to traverse in a short enough timeframe, combined with a focus on defending a number of settlements, it feels like questing would be built more on expanding existing areas than exploring new ones.

It vaguely reminds me of that unreleased Star Fox 2. You'd alternate between progressing through stages to open up paths to the enemy base, and defending your home planet from incoming missiles and strike teams.

Was this the last thread?

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51154369/

>otherwise large cities would have too many giants
That was the point. With more and/or larger giants, it makes the Behemoths and Dragons less likely to attack a large city without banding together. Besides, it makes sense for you to have multiple giants to cover the diversity of classes and cultures you find in a large enough city.

This is gonna sound really confrontational, but did you actually read any of the actual content before deciding to post comments? If you want to make your own thing, pitch your own concept and get interest. Don't appropriate some other anons' work and pretend its the same shit.

I posted that comment and I'm not OP, it's what I remember. Maybe I remembered wrong oh well. Take the stick out of your ass and contribute your own points if you feel so strongly about it.

As for the large pop. what if distinct districts in a city could have their own giants? So a village with one giant could become a large city, and when more districts pop up, there is a chance for another giant being chosen/born. The original giant would be the "central" district

sorry for the lack of updates to the document. Work and such like.

Don't worry, thanks for all the work you've put in to it. It's better to have smth solid and refine it than to just talk and never have anything at all

This mechanics pitch lacks a lot of the stuff we talked about and had solidified in previous threads, like the slider for Stats/Magic/Abilities based on the village's size. It also lacks the character generation schemes we had discussed, like having different types of giant for different areas or giving a giant influences based on the disposition/nature of the populace, both of which were very important to the established lore.

I'm more than willing to help you work on a system for this (I've thoroughly enjoyed the concept since the beginning, but couldn't do work on it because of other projects which I have since completed), but this ain't what we were working on. This is something else that has the same die mechanics and uses the same name.

The work ignores the previously-established lore, ignores almost all of the mechanical progress we DID make, and also possibly rips off an existing system after we decided that we should make our own from scratch.

We HAVE a solid base already. OP's contributions are frankly quite pointless, which sucks because clearly they put effort into it.

If OP wants to make his own thing, that's fine, but if that's where this setting and system are going then I'm gonna bail. It's not the shit I was interested in.