Magic Dice

What are some cool enchantments to discover on die/dice found as magical treasure?

Luck Taker Die
You're guaranteed a 20 when you want it, but it has to come from somewhere, like say ignoring the next 20 that player rolls irl.

Die that opens up a gate to one of six planes depending on which side is pressed when speaking the command word.

It can also be used by rolling it and speaking the command word, but what gate opens is as random as which face gets turned up.

A die that makes you feel incredibly lucky while you hold it, but otherwise has no effect.

It would either have to be something dumb and impractical to enchant dice with, ie a different beneficial/offencive/detrimental effect for each possible roll (might work well in a setting that has a god of chance, whose favour might enable such an artefact to be potentially strong enough to be worth making instead of using the same amount of magic juice or whatever to make something way better with no downsides, like that one god in Stone Soup that wants you to play card games), something that has nothing to do with the fact that they're dice (think the equivalent of a pen that is actually a knife or an umbrella that is actually a gun, if gambling went south you could take these mindwipe dice or whatever and chuck them at your opponents' faces and take the opening to make a clean getaway) or just a novelty (like dice that always land on an edge or vertex, which of course could still have a practical application, especially if the enchantment could be disabled at will, for hustling).

The dice always tell you the number of teeth you have.

I use this die in one of my warhammer fantasy campaigns:

dice of tzeentch will:
you roll a d6, 1-5: you get a boon equal to the rolled number
6: you automatically trigger a major chaos manifestation and the die ceases existing. You roll your casting roll normally, if you're unlucky this can trigger another chaos manifestation.

Dice of honesty: It's impossible to cheat in any way when these dice are used in a game of chance

I introduced a set of dice as one of the near-useless magic items I like to give the party sometimes. They're for cheating at craps, so they always show a 7. However, they do it in the least useful way possible - spindly legs come out of the pips and turn the dice around to show 7.

A die that violently explodes if you roll a 6.
I have absolutely no idea how it could be useful though.

Give it to some poor idiot you don't like, who likes to play dice.

Nobody will ever know you are the .

That sounds like a challenge.

a dice that attracts other people to play games with you

I wish I had it

>that one god in Stone Soup that wants you to play card games

When you throw the die at a group, everyone must pass a Wisdom save or spend their next turn doing nothing but inspecting the square where it landed, trying to ascertain what number came up.

A die that can shift its shape into any probability between 1d2 and 1d100.

Golden.

I've been trying to think of something minor like this cause one could roll the die as many times as you want and players will abuse the shit out of it even with drawbacks.

A pair of D6 that when rolled together always come up with the same number.

Another pair that can mimic any die Placed with it, allowing a sticky fingered gambler to replace one of his die with anothers. This is particularly handy considering Pressing a particular side of the partner die changes which side of the mimicing die will land on. Unfortunately it's not subtle enough to be done once the normal die has shown its face. One must chose before they roll and have careful timing when when to press the die or risk an observant onlooker spotting something weird with the roll.

>A pair of D6 that when rolled together always come up with the same number.

That would be neat if they roll to match what the other die is showing, so they could be used as a form of communication. One guy holds onto one and keeps a face up(1 for all good, 6 for send help), and the other guy rolls the second to find out the status of the first.

>Honest Man's Dice:
>When playing Liar's Dice with these dice, any number you state will turn up correctly.

I could see that (entirely unfounded) confidence bonus coming in handy during social situations.

I really like this.