Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Full death guard release plus new formations edition

>previous thread
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

I saw an 1850 game on Friday where it was Ynnari Eldar vs Orks and the Orks player tabled the Eldar player in turn 3 and only lost 1 model. Absolutely ridiculous, especially knowing that the orks player is actually pretty decent

Who is more braindead? Ork players or Nid players?

How good would a singleSisters of Silence squad be at raping Thousand Sons units?

Tau players and GK players.

Reposting from last thread, I am trying to build my first 1850 list. How does this look?

>read nid codex
>all the fluff is about nids losing hard and getting fucked by guardsmen

Why is this allowed...

Blame the King of Crud.

>read the nid codex
>there is no mention of them losing to guardsmen except for the final battle on Kel'shan where a Cadian fleet allies with the Tau to defeat a hive fleet

?????????

It requires a good deal of creativity to make a nice looking army out of kitbashin' other armies kits (and even things from outside the game).
On the other hand, at least in my experience, 'nid players just spam fucking flyrants and complain that their army is "literally the worst in the game" when they inevitable lose because of it.

Nid players are also the grill's choice of faction. Take that however you will.

The last person to write their codex was a butthurt guardfag who nerfed their codex into the ground while simultaneously turning the eldritch space bug menace into a palette swap of his own faction crunchwise.

Working on custom scenarios. How does this sound?

Attack at Dusk/Dawn
Players roll off. The winner chooses attacker or defender, and the attacker goes first, and chooses to attack at dusk or dawn.

Attacking at Dawn starts the game with night fighting and it ends on a 4+, 5+, auto in the following turns. Attacking at dusk starts off normal but on a 4+, 5+, auto in the following turns, night fighting takes place.

The map looks like pic related.

Defenders must deploy 12" away from either side, and the only units who can Deepstrike are Jump/Jet infantry. Drop pods must start deployed. Infiltrators can not deploy within 12" of the enemy table edge.

Any Attackers not in reserve must enter the battlefield from their table edge on T1, and outflanking units can not enter the supply line the turn they enter the table. Infiltrators may not start in the supply line. Scouts may make their scout move using their table edge as a starting point.

Objectives:
Attackers gain 1 VP for each unit in the enemy supply line and for each destroyed supply cache and 2 VP for each controlled cache.

Defenders gain 1 VP for each destroyed enemy unit and each surviving supply cache.

Not sure how to handle the supply cache. I'm thinking maybe an 11/11/11 vehicle with 1 HP.

Ork players but space marine players are the biggest faggots in 40k. 30k is excusable since it's better and it's pretty much just space marines.

You lying faggot. You took my post and recreated it. It was actually GK vs Orks. I didn't ask what list the GK player was running. Just remember seeing a stompa on the board thinking it looked awesome.

>tfw want a third army but not sure if I'm able to juggle three

Why not? Nids are always shit and a joke army.

Working on this list, how would you guys improve it?.

>playing black templars and not white templars
Kill yourself

>I saw an 1850 game on Friday where it was Ynnari Eldar vs Orks and the Orks player tabled the Eldar player in turn 3 and only lost 1 model. Absolutely ridiculous, especially knowing that the orks player is actually pretty decent
I saw an 6500 game on Friday where it was Space Marines vs Space Marines and the Space Marines player tabled the Space Marines player in turn 3 and only lost 1 model. Absolutely ridiculous, especially knowing that the orks player is actually pretty decent

*Vanilla space marine players

How would you guys shave off 25(26 in fact) points from this list so that I can take ML 2 on the librarian?

Alternatively, do you not think the librarian is needed? I feel he is for shriek, denying enemy psykers, and possibly invisibility

I like yellow marines though :(

What is 4th edition

r8 pls

The Taufag is too new to have played 5th edition much less 4th

Also third edition and second edition.

>tau players
>before 6ed
>on Veeky Forums
user please

So I'm getting back into this game after 10 years

I have some chaos dreadnoughts but I see CSM can't use Dreadnoughts anymore, can I use em as Dreadnoughts?

Chaos just calls them Hellbrutes now.

*Ultramarine players

Iron Hands are cool and you know it, faggot

helbrutes are dreadnoughts

CSM Dreadnoughts have been renamed as Hellbrutes and they basically function the exact same way ignoring like 1 special rule so yeah, you can.

Ultramarines players are obnoxious because 99% of them are newfags who started with Battle for Macragge or Assault on Black Reach.

I'm trying to ignore the newfag factor when I say vanilla marines in general.

Oh, cool!

So how long until the Tau finally understand just how much of a shithole the 40k universe is and become jaded and sadistic like everyone else?

Anyone? My friend thought it was great, but that's one dude.

I hope they get hung like the commie scum they are before they get to that stage

fuck off back to re'ddit

>reddit

What?

When you only have a basecoating brush, but you're gonna do edge highlighting anyway.

How did your last game against Tau go?

You can just say "return to reddit" next time. It's the phrase "bāck to reddit" that's spam filtered

thanks, bud

Last time I played against Tau (5 years ago) he was a total retard who wasted my 1 hour by shooting at me and not bringing searchlights while I was camping in cover.

Who won?

I'm looking to start playing a character & story heavy warhammer campaign. Does anyone know any groups I could start talking to? It'd be my first time, but I love the lore, especially where the tau and necrons are concerned.

I think it was a tie because neither of us managed to accomplish anything at all. Literally 0 units died on either side, the center objective remained unclaimed and because this was 5th edition objectives basically counted to nothing.

>name for no reason
>liking tau
>asking for rpgs in the wargame thread
>looking for groups
Nigga what are you doing

Has anyone scanned the rules for SWA? I'd like to build a small Guard force to maintain my connection to the hobby without having to go all in on a million different vehicles and infantry,

>namefag
>taufag
>ERPfag
Can't make this shit up

If I'm just getting into the hobby, are there any good podcasts to listen to? Both minis in general, and 40k specifically?

anyone

>read nid codex
>all the fluff is about nids losing hard and getting fucked by guardsmen
>Even though every conflict in it is "The Imperium of Man deployed every space marine chapter, all titan legions, every single Imperial guardsmen, and fucking everything, they held for a while but then the nids created a counter and everyone died, the end"

Even if the nids are defeated, it's usually with heavy casualties

no

Should I just make a new thread for this? I'm almost completely ignorant in regard to Veeky Forums, and have just started here. Would another board work better? I'm not trying to dampen the mood. Would this image work as a sacrifice?

>How good would a single unit of T3 3+ models be against an army whose gimmick is S4 AP3 guns
If you absolutely have to be a list-tailoring douchebag against one of the shittiest armies in the game, take the Culexus. A single squad of TSons rapid-firing a SoS squad will kill 4 Sisters. They'll do 0.375 wounds against the assassin.

Nigga, I feel like you just came from reddit.

This is levels of newness that i haven't seen in a long time.

Why not death guard legion rules/10

bullshit, 7e nids are fucking shit

git gud, guardsman

We all start somewhere somehow. I typically come to Veeky Forums for wallpapers and help people on /adv/.

It is DG, they maintain their legion rules in addition to the Vectorium

>Full death guard release plus new formations edition
Please enlighten me

Plasma is far better on Termi-cide. Far less risky with deep strike, superior performance against light armor and MEQ/TEQ.

I'd scrap a Biker to buy SW's for the CSM squads.

drop the name, then we can talk

Considering how fucking stupid you've made yourself out to be I don't think you're in the position to help anyone.

pls halp

next week, or next next week

who pays more than 50% for a pro painted model on ebay? why do they keep selling at that price

There we go.

Not sure why you don't just go full WAAC and take the Grav-cents. Nobody is going to look at that and go "what a unique, fluffy force, better pull out the casual list for this one."

Haven't TSons gotten a lot better with the release of Traitor Legions though? All that warp charge dice is making me a bit worried.

You think I should take a CAD instead?

It's a best of 3 tournament

Im about to sell a bunch of my old shit to frontline gaming, do you guys think this list of shit is worth a lot more than $227.50?? Is this a bad deal y/n?

-1 Pro Painted Metal Chaos Bloodthirster
-1 Painted Metal Chaos Lord of Change (No picture yet)
-1 Pro Painted Metal Chaos Changeling
-1 Pro Painted Metal Chaos Daemon Prince
-1 Pro Painted Metal Cypher the Fallen Angel
-1 Pro Painted Plastic Chaos Terminator Sorcerer
-1 Pro Painted Metal Chaos Kharn the Betrayer
-1 Primed Metal Chaos Abaddon the Despoiler
-10 Painted Forge World Resin/Plastic Chaos Plague Marines
-5 Unpainted Assembled Plastic Chaos Terminators
-1 Pro Painted Forge World Resin Chaos Death Guard Dreadnought
-1 Pro Painted Metal Eldar Eldrad Ulthran
-5 Painted Metal Eldar Wraithguard
-1 Pro Painted Plastic Eldar Wraithlord
-1 Pro Painted Metal Space Wolves Logan Grimnar
-1 New Untouched Storm Talon Sprue
-10 Painted/Primed Finecast Dark Eldar Wracks
-1 Painted Metal Dark Eldar Archon with Agonizer and Blast Pistol
-1 Painted Finecast Dark Eldar Archon with Power sword and Blast Pistol
-1 Painted Metal Dark Eldar Archon with Huskblade and Soul Trap
-5 Painted Metal/Plastic Blood Angels Death Company with Jump Packs
-6 Basecoated Metal/Plastic Blood Angels Death Company
-2 Pro Painted Metal Astra Militarum Techpriest Enginseers
-10 Basecoated Metal Astra Militarum Karskin Storm Troopers

Yeah, but rubrics and the terminators are STILL overpriced garbage

***********pro************* painted

>Haven't TSons gotten a lot better with the release of Traitor Legions though?
Lolno.

TSons are still massively overpriced, have a terrible point-to-warp-charge ratio, and lose a ton of their spells to the Tzeentch table, which is still mediocre.

Take out Magnus and they're barely above Ork-tier.

Post pics

>"pro"
Are the Wracks painted or are they primed? There's a massive difference between the two.

>NPC armies complaining about losing to the main faction

You're pretty much just around to give the Imperium players a break from playing against eachother.

Xenos: when will they learn?

Potentially cheesey but just the right amount
Thoughts?

The common adage is "lurk more." Hang around, read and observe, but don't post until you've gotten a feel for the place.

Also, don't use the name field unless your identity is important for some reason.

PRO
R R
ORP

Eldrad

m8...thats barely table top quality

They're all primed black except for the acothyst who is finished. They've all got they're bases textured. I really want plastic ones.

okay, thanks!

Do you know what 40k is, user? Have you actually read the rules? Because from your post, it wouldn't appear you have. You can find a download of it in the mega link in OP.

yeah it's an old one but as far as the people at frontline are concerned it's the mona lisa

No problem, we here at Veeky Forums are always here to help!

I'm just kidding, there are actually pretty good. no shading or highlighting i can see, but defiantly competent

>as far as the people at frontline are concerned it's the mona lisa
Aren't they offering you like less than a quarter of the retail value for the lot?

Its not bad, but dont sell it for that low. You can probably make more on ebay. Maybe try and find a facebook group to sell them on?

You're not hurting my feelings. Truth is, I've always fucking hated the bloodthirster model. It's shitty hands and fingernails and stupid pecks just piss me off. I couldn't bring myself to look at it for more than two hours

What should I buy after 2 DA sides worth of DV for Dark Angels?
I also have a drop pod and a razorback, is the DV expansion set with the dark talon, death wing Knights , and Ravenwing command worth it next or should I focus on building a demi-company? I'm not looking to play super competitive but it's be nice to win while having fun and fluffy lists

Dark Angel Gauntlet squads because cheap rhinos.

>those nurglite dubs
Then carry on son of Barbarus, spread the grand father gifts

Yeah but it's also a convenience thing. I don't wanna spend a month selling it all. I'm just saying they're not perfect, (they're obviously old and unwanted) and i'll say anything is pro painted for a couple extra bucks.

The problem is that they're all from different armies. I'll have to sell all 23 lots to (mostly) different people

But they look so gooood

How are the Thousand Sons in the meta? And is Magnus *required* in order to be 'competitive'?

Man crisis suits can be a nuisance. They got a bunch of parts for their size and some are annoying. But the worst part by far is building sans stem