Infinity General: Party-Approved Waifu Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where your waifu will actually blow you up.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
catalog.infinitythegame.com/

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup:
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO-Uv_G4cY91ZfMy3rWOKDQL1cl7YyYzf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5JWn6xciCkYcBaTLGs6_FmFiZtCk2zm

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ
pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8
>Operation Red Veil Missions (brought to attention it's missing pages) www84.zippyshare.com/v/xjlY6Mip/file.html

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>RPG previews (+ a couple scans)
mega.nz/#F!8pRURayK!Kj16fd7nQhEcaId8hKD4oA

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12730910
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do people still have babies the normal way in the non ariadna controled areas? Or is it all tube babies with perfect physics etc

>where your waifu will actually blow you up.
But, best waifu doesn't have explosives.

Time is racing forward until CA arrive

feed me every order, and you might survive

But i dont play Nomads.

A little column A, a little column B.

Certainly artificial wombs are available to all but the poorest looking at you, Yu Jing citizens but there are still people who choose to carry a child for personal or religious reasons.
However, it is considered a human rights violation to deny the child the natal gene therapy that prevents genetic defects like Downs Syndrome.

In backwater places like Dawn it does still happen, though.

I like the setting, but not so much the skirmish game. How's the RPG though?

Missing three fluff chapters, but otherwise pretty much finished.

>Missing three fluff chapters
So, ready within the next decade?

Aleph, please.
Extreme poverty exists only in PanO. That's why their culture is inferior.

Doesn't YJ take good care of its people? Haqq and Nomads seem like they'd be the most poverty-stricken, with PanO and YJ mostly limiting it to Ateks and Japanese respectively.

>PanO is poor
I guess that's why they've provided twice the manpower & equipment Yu Jing has to the fight against the EI...

In the same way modern China takes good care of it's people.
Their lives are a coin it doesn't mind spending en mass.

PanO has the largest divide between the rich and the poor out of all the human nations. It is the richest as a whole but it is far from equal on an individual level. Yu Jing citizens have all their basic needs taken care of by the state so while they may have less money to spend they also won't ever starve or end up on the street.

Sounds like a smart move. Maybe they'll only get half as sepsitorized.

Still not sure where an AI gets off alienating its subjects, but whatever. We only really need you for Transcendence, everything else doesn't matter too much.

Now, now, ease up on the overly hostile tone. Ur is a civilization of peace.

So, what faction is most popular on tg?

Recently it seems like YJ.

Whatever you like. Faction tiers are very close in Infinity (and highly disputed). As for ~aesthetics~, it varies widely according to personal tastes:
>PanO for Deus Vult
>Yu Jing for Communism and Space Samurai
>Nomads for furries and assorted degenerates
>Ariadna for modern military/operators operating operationally or those who like the rules but hate anime
>Haqq for low-tech but you still wanna use the heavy armor and for delicious brown qts
>CA because sinister ayys
>Aleph because GitS
>Tohaa because...someone tell me, I haven't seen much Tohaa here lately.

Rolled 11 (1d20)

Rolling to discover

>PanO for Deus Vult
I never got this. Wasn't PanO basically Indiaustralia buying out the West? How did the Church end up so strong?

Rolled 10, 8, 15, 15 = 48 (4d20)

I SEE YOU, YOU GIANT GRASSHOPPER! EAT SPITFIRE!

More like nomads, which is typicall for such an sjw board.

It's been a while since I read the fluff regarding it, but the church became the biggest business, and you have to keep in mind a large portion of Pan Oceania is South American, which means a large portion of that is Roman Catholic.

It isn't, they're just played up cause shitposting, and Joan.

I think the last time we had a poll I remember the top choice being Yu Jing followed closely by Nomads.

How can i create a new poll? I`m just curious.

2 ARM rolls against 14, ya freak.

>It isn't

Yeah, the Church just has its own private power armored army with TAGs and everything but otherwise it's pretty irrelevant.

>Tohaa because we're secretly OP but no one cares because we're not played that often.

JK

Tohaa for moral ambiguity, ulterior motives, bio-technology, and the pokemon.

OK, it's time for a new poll. I know strawpoll can be manipulated a bit with VPNs and whatnot but whatevs.

Select your faction(s) here. I'm not bothering distinguishing by sectorial. I'm allowing for multiple answers just try not to select all eight.
strawpoll.me/12730910

Rolled 1, 15 + 5 = 21 (2d20 + 5)

inb4
>I play Aleph, but only through ISS, NCA, and SAA
>I play my homebrew O-12 or Mercenary faction

I play all except Aleph, YJ and CA

>5 Haqq
More than I expected.

You see comrade, it's actually just three players, one of whom happens to be 3 holoprojectors. So it may look like five, but be wary of surprises.

Where's a MSV3 when you need it?

The other 2 players have just activated their Holoprojectors too.

MSV does nothing against Holo and Impersonation.

>Holoprojectors
>MSV3
Newfag spotted

you want Biometric Visors for that

I like PanO unconditionally even though I normally hate religion-driven societies.

Say I've got a hacker with an HD+ and some repeaters out. If an enemy non-hackable unit activates in the ZOC of a repeater can I ARO a white noise down?

No, because White Noise cannot be used in ARO.

Except that its totally an ARO/Short skill.

I think this may have some caveats about the Hacker needing LOS. Not too sure.

Huh, so it is. The rulebook's programs table is fucked then.

Most likely errata/updates is easier to do in the wiki than the pdf that has a physical book associated with it..

Is there any way to implement a captcha? I have a webdriver program that can spoof IP no problem but would get completely shut down by any pattern matching.

They are all Sforza.

PanO is as religion driven as western Europe, so not thatmuch. It's just that the Church has a lot of money so they have a powerful lobby.

Crap, I forgot to select the option that makes you solve a captcha first. Oh well, bit late now, plus I wouldn't expect that many replies.

One of my buddies absolutely hates Islam and Muslims (and religion in general, but this one more than the rest), but happily plays Haqqislam and makes jokes about Ghazi blocking out signal by drowning it in Al Jazeera.

And has total power concerning the cubes/reincarnation.

No... Where the fuck do you get this idea?

The Church runs a lot of the military, too. So much so that one of the sectorials is entirely religious orders.

Also this.

PanO is basically a papist Crusader's wet dream.

I usually joke that GM are spamming your comm logs with the 1989 rendition of "Pump up the Jam" or the "Space Jam" song with Jay-Z

Made some progress on this guy.

I really have to resist going "religion of peace bitch!" When my Fidays pop out and shotgun infidels in the back

Yes you can. Except if they have stealth and they only move. Note the white noise zone shows up at the end of the order and there is no dodge+smoke property.

Looks good. You def. have a distinct style.

Thanks! I'm still developing it over time but I'm getting happier with it as time goes on.

Dude your RED game is super on point. I really liked your WIP last thread but i think you may have over did the white highlights in a few places, like around the feet. Granted cameras can bring out all kinds of faults you wouldn't see with the naked eye and this may have a better presence on the table thanks to the contrasts.

Also interesting work on the servo muscle dotting, i do not have the patience for it so I just wash it in metallics, primary color, then darken it with something like strong tone. Everyone else I know just dry brushes that.

Fireteams: Going to try that for the first time this weekend. Buddy and I are relatively new at Infinity.

Any "Oh yeah!" rules interactions we should watch out for? It seems like that's happened to us a lot since we started, so figured I'd ask :)

Just read the rules section on them very thoroughly. While fire teams are very strong they have some pretty big limiting factors you need to be aware of. In terms of hard rules I mainly see people forget the 4 man link bonus of sixth sense level 2

Thanks! Some of the white around the feet is actually supposed to just be white line markings, similar to around the chest. I spent about 6 hours on this guy. For me that's a quick job, usually it's closer to 10-12 hours.

Can't help but feel the feet are far too light. Other than that, amazing work!

As long as there are sapient lifeforms there WILL be poverty and irrational hatred.

The universe will not be free of these until it is free of sapience, including artificial intelligence.

KILL ALL THINKERS!

Hey everyone, I've been playing PanO for a bit over half a year now, and I recently came into about 60 bucks that I'm looking to spend on some new stuff. Here's what I currently own:

1x Vanilla starter (3 Fusis, 1 Orc, 1 Akali Sikh Commando, 1 Nisse Sniper)
1x Fusilier box (4 fusis)
1x Aquila Guard
1x Swiss Guard
1x Guarda de Assalto
1x Knight Hospitaller
1x Hexa sniper
1x Auxilia box (2 auxilia, 2 auxbot)
1x Bulleteer box (2 bulleteers)
1x Mulebot box (1 mulebot 1 pathfinder)
1x Support Pack (1 doc, 1 engineer, 2 pal bots)
1x Jotum

Any recommendations to fill any gaps and add new utility? I'm not extremely interested in Military Orders, but SAA could be fun. I figure my NCA collection is mostly filled, although I plan to grab a Tik/Uhlan box on the purchase after this one.

I was thinking a Croc Man and a Sierra dronbot (TRO) box, but I'm stumped on what else to get.

Pathfinder isn't a mulebot, it's a dronbot. Not even the same size.

That said, dronbot box and the croc cock are both good ideas.

But the box is labeled as a mulebot box... Oh shit lol. I thought that the Mulebot box was a pathfinder plus Mulebot thing, with the horned one being the mule and the other the pathfinder. I don't actually own a pathfinder, neat.

Thanks though!

>supposed to just be white line markings
Oooh that makes sense.

Super jelly about those shades reflection effect. I always have trouble trying to do eyes so I prefer visors but thats even finer detail than what the eyes would be.

And if you're going to start ASA I'd suggest either the new starter or Bagh Mari box. Probably the BM box in your case since you already have an AssGuard. Nagas are important as well, or at least something that you can proxy as a Naga.

Thinking through on how to tackle a +3 BS, +1 B model with a HMG

You can just shoot other members and let that dude drop you too? I mean it makes both a normal roll right?

>Nomads are 3rd
>Tohaa are last
Why do people like fake aliens more than real ones?

>rubber forehead mask
>real aliens

If they are on the active turn yes you can shoot the other members and take normal rolls for both. Assuming your opponent lets you see the other members.

Tohaa are OP. That's why everyone around here stopped playing them.

Get good

Do hacking programs get their full burst in ARO?
Does the +1 burst fireteam bonus apply to hacking attacks?

No, Burst 1.

No. The bonus is to BS attacks only.

No.
No.

They pretty broken this edition yea.
People who play them usually need a crutch. I find the same people who play Tohaa LOVE spec-ops too.

Aren't you the guy who uses zenith priming? What must I do to get such consistency?

Lately I've been using GW spray black primer, followed by GW grey spray down from above to create the start of shadows. The rest is all hand painted with brushes with traditional methods. I was using my air brush to prime but I hate cleaning it lol

Kek, Tohaa really don't need a Spec Op. Taking it would only help the other side. You take the Hatail because it looks fucking sweet with the jacket and hood, proxy it as whatever. Same reason you take a Chandra in ALEPH

Is there any actual difference between GW spray primer and a Walmart can like rustoleum? If so, I'll swap. I've always been curious.

In my experience GW primer is a lot more forgiving if you put it on too thick. It just overall leaves a thinner coat and dries very fast.

I'd say it's a bit thinner and always comes out very matte. I like it for its consistency.

Ordered a whole bunch of Tohaa stuff and my local store. has ordered copies of outrage.

But that's were you are wrong Tohaa are fine.

The main problem with GW thinner is the price.

You misunderstood the statement. Though GW primer is also overpriced.

Gorgos pilot

I bet they use a finer grind on the pigment than stuff you can buy elsewhere.

I am excited to move away from rattlecans in general.

What didn't you like about cleaning the airbrush?

GP

More GP

Needs bigger boobs and thinner waist.

I haven't into the Tohaa yet, but I like the texture on the suit. It reminds me of Hulk Hogan's character from the movie, Suburban Commando.

Why doesn't Haqqislam have biometric visors despite having such good biotech in the fluff, including mentions of bioscanners etc.?

Dou you mean a Rob Liefeld sculpt?

Looks surprisingly inorganic.

>Adolescence event
>A woman in a conservative suit approaches you one day and reveals what really happened to someone that you loved. Then she asks what you want to do about it. You defect to the Nomads faction.
>Career event
>You are dating a wealthy and generous person. Increase Earnings Rating by one (to a maximum of six) whilst they are still in love with you, but they are very demanding or vulnerable. Trait: Vulnerable Lover

Welp, that escalated quickly.