Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

No sense of right or wrong edition: What's the most Wizard-like character you've played?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/kqRRBzLg
pastebin.com/g6KKYqPv
pastebin.com/kayZQJRt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Wizards
>No sense of right or wrong
>Shapeshifters
>No sense of right or wrong

I'm sensing a connection

>new thread on page 6
>no sense of right and wrong
It makes sense.

>No logs in OP

The fuck are you doing /pfg/

Here you go, at least it's close enough to the top: pastebin.com/kqRRBzLg

Just report and ignore folks.

Good morning gents.

Is Bestiary 6 in either of the troves yet? Where can I get?

We were on page 6.

How much damage should I be doing at level 5 to be respectable but not optimized-damage-dealer-tier? Like, how much DPR do I need to do to be below the Fighter but above the idiot spamming Magic Missile?

>Bestiary 6
Coming out at the end of the month, user.

Shardwalker (Risette) user here.

I've been considering having my app try to explore the idea of colonialism and cultural superiority (which Shards is perfect for) through my character's mentor. The intention is for the mentor to be a not!imperial British man from a technologically advanced shard who viewed the lesser shards as his own plaything that he must bring true civilization to, and thus had a tumultous life until he grew old, met someone he loved, mellowed out, and started writing a book on acceptance. He found Risette's boring old shard beautiful because he was finally at peace there with an individual that accepted his revised views on life, and Risette, with her current starry-eyed and naive view on shardwalkers and the journey, is retracing her revered mentor's steps and discovering all of this for herself, hopefully coming to understand and judge these things rather than just following the idyllic journey that he painted for her in his late life.

Since I have no sense of right and wrong, I just wanted to check if I'm going too far with this idea, or if it's a good idea at all.

DPR is less important than novaing. You want to ideally hit breakpoints where you can take out an enemy of equal or higher CR than yourself in the first turn or so, ideally multiples.

Okay, well, what should I aim for at level 5? Again, not a primary damage dealer, just want to be in the running somewhat instead of last place.

Quote from the LFG:
>In either case, you're one of those intrepid souls, whether it's by circumstance or by choice, new to the business and freshly arrived to an unnamed shard caught in the waning of its winter season

Don't have her be exploring for 20 years, and make sure she's not gone TOO far.

Ideally you want the backstory about her, not some other old fart, too. You don't need a super long backstory for level 1, as well. But what you've put down is good enough, I'd say.

If you're not the primary damage dealer, then it'll depend on your class and how much resources you can commit to damage dealing. What are you considering?

It depends on what your BAB is, user, as well as your class. Any random full BAB fag can do around 2d6+12 ez pz at 5th, minimum.

This is probably something you should check with the DM after players are decided, but I'm totally fine with that. If we're in the same game, though, expect Bryn to try and lecture you on cultural relativism and cultural absolutism as soon as you bring it up.

This is something that rarely comes up, so I'll ask: How do you people that promote the idea that you should be able to drop a standard challenge of your level in a single round reconcile with the DM that returns the same approach to the pcs in order to challenge them on their level?

I'm building this character backwards, somehow. I did all the fluff first and haven't picked out any crunch yet. I'm open to any class that is WIS-based and can provide passable healing. So far I'm thinking about a Sphere Cleric, but I've got so many options I'm kind of paralyzed. Just trying to figure out if my 4d6+4 per round is any good for that hypothetical Sphere Cleric at this point, to see if I want to play it or not. I may end up being a completely different class, too.

Essentially my goals are:
A reason to have high WIS
Enough skill ranks to max Perception, Heal, Survival and Sense Motive
Passable damage
Decent healing

Sphere Cleric meets those criteria, so that's what I'm thinking about, but I'm open to other ideas if you guys suggest them.

A PC built character used as an enemy - one that is the same level and has the same PC type wealth - is a CR+2 encounter (NPC wealth is +1 CR, PC wealth is +2 CR). Unless he's an optimizer, in which case it might be CR+3.

By having high initiative and 4 times the actions of that poor single monster of CR = APL. Which shouldn't be able to drop martials in a round btw.

CR is a deeply flawed system and "equal CR" could be anything within a massive range. There's a benchmark chart that shows the HP/defense range of CR 4's had a massive gap.

>How do you people that promote the idea that you should be able to drop a standard challenge of your level in a single round reconcile with the DM that returns the same approach to the pcs in order to challenge them on their level?

If you're playing up "challenging fights", assuming you want to down one player per fight:

If 4 players face off against 4 enemies, and of the 4 players one of them can take down an enemy per turn and the rest of them combined can take down an enemy a turn, then the fight's wrapped up in 2 turns. If the fight's wrapped up in 2 turns, then assuming all enemies attack the same player then one player should go down to 6 focused assaults by the enemies (potentially 4 on the first turn, potentially 2 on the second turn).

If the players are smart and prevent focusing, or the enemies are dumb but powerful you can probably have just 3 focused attacks taking down an ally.

That puts the enemies as threatening but beatable; and lucky crits still will challenge the players and put them into negatives or kill them.

Also interested in this as I want to figure out an actual "accurate" way to figure up CRs for encounters. Stuff where the party cannot one round a creature at CR = APL. Obviously, this means most stuff needs to be at least 3 or 4 CR higher than it is now.

Theoretically CR should be "one creature of this CR should take up 20% of daily resources to be killed by 4 people of that level".

The scale is fucked, though. Generally treat it as a CR equivalent encounter and call it a day.

Friendly reminder that samefagging about your character's cock size will not make them better or more appealing, and will in fact only make you and your character an asshole.

While I really hope Rory never gets into another game and think he should have been given the boot for this shit, reposting this over and over isn't fair to Aurora's player.

Friendly reminder that Seht is CUTE, and would be even cuter buried to the hilt in any of the FotJR girls, because he's too good for SotJR.

Seht is shit. Same with Rory. Two worst characters.

Commodore Guff was a baller. EDH deck when?

Yes, I remind user that there is an Aurora-friendly version of the logs available here pastebin.com/g6KKYqPv

>How to spot Seht's player
>Step 1: Look for "better written than you" memes
>Step 2: Look for CUTE memes
>Step 3: Look for cock size discussions

why do dudes get so butthurt over pretty boy characters

Fuck off samefag, I hope Seht gets castrated and choked with his own dick. It's certainly big enough to do the job

Not even Saboten is low enough for that, fag.

I don't think it's Rory, I think it's just some faggot who has nothing better to do than repost the same pastebin over and over. See also: last thread's OP.

Seht is bland, but I wouldn't say he's Rory-tier shit. I'd say Onryou is much closer to that shit than Seht.

Ask FotJR, they probably get the brunt of that shit. All anybody cared about them was to shriek how they were slender anime fuccbois until gnoll rape happened.

Nobody was getting butthurt over Seht until his player started going YEAH MY DICK IS SOOOO HUGE GONNA FUCK ALL THE WAIFUS

inb4 ERP logs get leaked

user, we don't even know if it was his player. It was rolled randomly a while back in a thread and people followed up on it.

As someone in the game, can confirm there are no ERP logs to get leaked. Keep your pants on, son.

Except his player avatarfagged in the thread to confirm it. Just like the smug little shit always does.

Not only that but daily resources grow exponentially as the party gets higher level. A CR 20 should theoretically require ALL THE SPELLS FROM A GIVEN LEVEL plus consumables and a pile of HP to beat. From the entire party. And then "all day" resources like PoW and Avowed add an odd twist too.

pastebin.com/kayZQJRt

>always
Got some proof there user? Something that proves it instead of a picture that anyone can save and post ad nauseam?

>The RotJR PCs aren't the cast of an otome game.

Would anyone really believe that they wouldn't, once they do happen?

It's the same pattern as always: Guy samefags to gets hype, guy gets the thread talking about his dick, guy ends up ERPing with someone, and then guy leaks logs to try and fight the backlash against him.

You don't really need to use pc classes in order to do this, however.
Then why do players use it as a benchmark if the DM shouldn't?
This is what I mean.
A single pc of what is "expected" damage dealing can drop any of the 4 in a single burst of attacks, while it takes ALL of the enemies the entire battle to fell pc.
It just seems like the expectations are so incredibly different than almost every other game out there, where a "CR appropriate" foe in combat stands a considerable chance of greatly injuring or slaying a pc in their own right, in similar amounts of time, not requiring outnumbering and overwhelming a single pc in order to do so.

I came lots.

It's the behavior of a /pfg/ chad, and they should be exiled.

>...yet!
>We could still make it happen.
>And why not another VN for the dudes while we're at it.

CR is shit, and if a benchmark isn't particularly hard to meet, you're only doing a disservice to your other party members by being a primary damage dealer who is below that. Why take you if you're shit at your job?

Don't you guys have a discord or something? Why can't you keep your shitposting to that?

Ask yourself a question- after getting a tongue lashing from the rest of the party and putting himself on /pfg/'s shitlist, do you really think Memedog is gonna be dumb enough to ACTUALLY go back and repost that log? Again and again and again? It's shameful for him. My bet is that it's a witch hunter wanting to fuck memedog over. I don't like either one but given the option of a remorseful idiot and a spiteful witch hunter? Which do you think I'll finger as the perpetrator of this?

Perhaps because they aren't the ones doing it?

>ladies
>pfg
Pick one.

We're agreeing it's some witchhunting shitposter, right? Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same one that autismed over 2hu so much it drove out devs.

>Implying bishounen meta isn't dying
>implying it isn't smol waifs and bara
Our chance at cute VN parties is over, user. Give up.

Because then they wouldn't be able to do it with impunity.

Once you've got a face and name and reputation, you act with a lot more care and tact (unless you're someone like PLD GM or Rory). You apologize, you play the usual verbal judo, and you hide your true feelings.

But if you go back to /pfg/, you can just talk mad shit as much as you like and nobody will know who's who. You have perfect deniability. I could talk about how Onryou has the fattest tits and sucks all the cocks, or how Valeriya put out a bucket and scrawled "1 copper a throw" on a wall and spent the whole afternoon in a dark alley. Someone would believe it.

In fact, who's to say I'm not actually SwimmingEagle? I'm not, really, but you wouldn't be able to tell if I was.

>There's a couple cameos from other games as minor characters and random encounters

What would they be? Dragons 1, 2, LoBaF, Blingmaker, Hell's Rebels, Hell's Vengeance, Wrath of the Raunchy, and... Something something Righteous Kingdoms.

Or it's aurora's player seeking revenge for spoiled logs!

Is there any way to be a STR-based ranged character and not be total shit?
By STR-based I mean I want my DEX at 10 and no higher.

>Dragons 1 and 2 are from a rival school.
>Blingmaker characters are dialogue-less business owners who run the places your characters go to hang out.
>HV and HR characters are TV personalities
>Wrath of the Raunchy characters are friendly delinquents

Belt of Mighty Hurling and thrown weapons

>he doesn't want to be a slender anime fuccboi
barafags ruined my otomeshit.

It probably is. Rory's an idiot, a dork, and a PoS for posting the logs in the first place and being shit but it's not hard to feel a little sympathy when witch hunters get involved. Witch hunters are the worst thing to happen to this general

Thrown weapons and a little bit of Thrashing Dragon would probably be your best bet. Dip Slayer to be able to do TWF.

No, that is incorrect in PF.

CR in PF is "how difficult a fight is this meant to be regardless of resources" because the resources are easily obtained and recovered in many way by most characters. Lowered resources means that the fight becomes harder, because resources are lost in varied amounts depending on types of battrles.

A battle agaisnt a CR 5 swarm takes much, much much different resources than a fight agaisnt a CR 2 choker, but a few CR 2 chokers can still seriously maim or kill a level 6 wizard while the swarm will die to a first level spell. Contrariwise, a 6th level fight will die to a CR 5 swarm but will casually slaughter a dozen CR 2 chokers.

that is why there is this little table int he back of every bestiary that tells you what creatures take up what roles in a combat situation. It's not the magical or combat monsters that kill wizards - it's the Skill Roll monsters that kill wizards, because they have versatility and special abilities that magic means very little to and are usually stealthy and murderous, with special abilities that handicap casters more often than not (such as a choker keeping low to low-medium level wizards from casting while inflicting DPR the wizard can't survive).

On average, a CR=to level fight is casually easy.
CR+1 is an annoying encounter.
CR+2 is a moderately difficult resource using encounter that will leave the party injured.
CR+3 is an encounter with a serious bad guy and his lieutenants, and will definitely leave the party hurting in a couple of ways, both injury wise and resource wise. It is also a serious encounter with one monster capable to dealing with both martials and casters with equal impunity (magical beasts, dragons, fey, and most aberrations live here).
A CR+4 encounter is a single massive monster that can cope with any kind of party makeup and potentially kill PCs in a round or three, or a serious fight agaisnt the main villain and a group of lieutenants, or a swarm of mook types.

A war on witchhunters on Veeky Forums is about as effective as a war on terrorism or drugs. You can't really purge and remove an idea, especially when trying to do so spreads said idea.

Reminder that Quinn was also a bishounen before FotJR turned out to already have three dudes in it. That change was the beginning of the end.

TELL ME WHAT THE STOCKS ARE

they've r u i n e d it for everyone.

The best way to fight rorylog posting is to just report it and ignore. Don't encourage them by going reeeee iver the logs.

That's way too expensive of an item just to enable the character to function.

Anime is for losers.

Trying to avoid PoW as I don't want to be the only initiator at the table and make everyone else's characters feel inadequate.

>send nude pics to someone
>they post nude pics once
>ill get revenge by posting the nudes more, every thread, continuously!
I mean it's not impossible, but at the same time...

This.
Oh, Lord this.

The Discord groups are way more mannered than anything here. If anybody has a beef, they bring it back to /pfg/ until someone slips up and lets themselves get caught.

Always buy bara and gap moe. They literally print money. I mean internets.

>Sweettooth could have boned a hot guy

What a shame

Well, they have the 4-year time gap between Runelords and Regent, maybe she can retrain.

CR in PF is broken by default. I've seen a level 11 ranger effectively solo a Tarrasque with the only gm-fiat being "He had a method to deal a killing blow"

Hell, I've seen a level 3 party take on some Brass Juggernauts and those are technically CR+5 by those rules.

>doesn't like pow
>doesn't like anime
>wants to be a no dex thrown weapon build
1pp-only thrown weapons are a joke and so is your taste

thesee CRs are modified when you use the Monster Roles in the back of the books. A skill type monster challenge is harder for casters because skills are something that get used in the background and can't be countered with spells 90% of the time. They are trivially easy for most skills classes and martials. A combat encounter is a challenge for medium BAB classes, because their versatility is great, but their general DPR is often too low to kill combat monsters very quickly. They're moderately more challenging to martials, but most casters can overwhelm them. Spellcasting monsters of mid and lower level are troulbe for noncasters of all sorts, but usually a medium challenge for spellcasters and full casters can usually outspell them. They're difficult for martials, and often fatal if the PCs fail a save or two, especially if the GM changes their spell lists.

No-Role creatures are basically those that gain PC classes, and should be adjudicated by their class (combat for martials, skilled for partial casters and skilled classes, and spellcasters for full casters of any type).

Good luck.

>Anime is for losers.
Son, this isn't the system for you. Go play 5th, because 3.pf is all about superhuman anime heroes.

Where did I say I didn't like PoW, my dude?

I also didn't say 1pp only.

I do still hold firm that anime is for total losers, though.

Be a Fighter is about all I can suggest.

Really, this is where most of the friction between RotJR groups is probably coming from. Members from each group snipe at each other anonymously, and then false-flag as members of the other group to act like assholes. Each group hopes the other will crack first, and implode, leaving them as the one true RotJR.

>if a GM arranges things so that CR doesn't matter then CR doesn't work
No shit?

you're free to leave m8

The only times this system feels anime is when I play with autists on roll20 that bring extremely anime spherecasters and initiators to the table.

Now ain't that some bullshit if I ever saw it.

This is true. I started watching anime, and now I'm a meth addict living in my mother's basement.

That's why you should always watch superior Western stuff.

Where did the "Valeriya is a filthy whore" meme even come from?

>I can't make up an argument so I'll just call you shit
eyyyyyyyy

Is a composite longbow character the only way to play a quality build?

Quality as in, a character that benefits greatly from having good DEX and STR.

Well it isn't a caster so I don't see how it's quality

Duelist-type characters benefit from it too, since medium/light armor demands speed.

user I explained what a quality build is in my post please read both sentences before you reply

My point still holds, I don't see how it's quality.

QUALITY fighter/vigilante exist in 1pp, thanks to Trained/Lethal Grace. Also Str-monks.