Get Troll

Get Troll

you can't 'get' a troll

Okay.

Kill Jesta

Put troll in bag

uhhh put troll in bag

Anyone have any stories of first timers like this?

My first time i decided to get rid of this green glowing rock by hitting it with a hammer in warhammer fantasy roleplay since it seemed dangerous. Things took an explosive turn and one mutation later i was a bit wiser regarding these explosive glowing green stones.

But why not just ignore it and keep walking?

Because it was clearly dangerous, one party member had burned his hand touching it and it was found inside an undead. Being the smart man i am i decided to hit it with a hammer to destroy it.

It didn't get destroyed but my hammer sure did so i just dug a hole and left it there and said i had gotten rid of it.

How much freedom do you have in Warhammer role playing? Ive never did get to much into role playing for various reason but it always seemed interesting.

The rock obviously had properties laid out but what else could you decide to do with it? List of options or basicly whatever could come to mind?

We have a good GM so a lot of freedom, things still happen in the background fights and wars break out so on. The rock was warpstone not many have knowledge about it but it's pretty dangerous and mutates most who touch or stay near it long enough. As for options regarding the rock we could have left it there, had we known the value of it we could have made a lot of money.

If someone was dabbling with illegal stuff I'm sure it can be used in experiments and alchemy. All depends on what the character knows (and what the player knows and in this case i knew nothing which made it even more hilarious)

It wouldn't glow if you were supposed to ignore it.

Kill Jester.

Are you german and playing in my group?

Well kudos on you for not meta knowledging the warpstone

No I'm not, tell me about the German version of me. Is he also unlucky when he tries to think?

JUMP THE CHASM

You fall into the flames and die.

well, he's a she and we use exactly that expression, unlucky while thinking.

>netflix turned down this comedy gold in favor of more shitty indie films

I think that dude opened a store now.

Aff tae bed Limmy, yer pished

I can just imagine his entire display front being a 24/7 Kroot Konga Kyu

THAT'S PETTY

what was the story behind this again

i remember something about how he was technically in the right pulling a douchebag move and winning but i don't remember the specifics

nevermind, found it

kek

>douchebag move
You mean just like holding his whole army in reserves, or even worse ?

Take finger from skeleton, go north.

Jump da fuken chasm!

The skeleton comes to life and chases you, what now ya wee bawbag?

Give me a tldr

Why is using the the rules to your advantage bad?

What's heavier, a 500 kilogram golem made of steel, or a 500 kilogram golem made of feathers?

That's right, both are destroyed because golemancy is heresy

Hello, traveler.

You stand in a forest. On your right is a road through a dark and emerald forest. On your left is a fountain with the statue of the god Hermes. Behind you is a great and yawning chasm.

What shall you do?

Kill Hermes

Kill Jester

With what? You have no equipment!

Go whence I came

You return to the void.

Your adventure shall never be completed.

The guy looking at the rules with the judge was playing a White Scars army. Said army uses fast moving bike units, holding them in reserve at the start of the game so they cannot be killed early on. It was a rather nasty tactic at the time.

The grinning player, seeing this, placed a unit of kroot (a unit most people consider mediocre at best) along the White Scars player's board edge where all of his units would be coming in from reserve. He did so by using the Infiltrate rules, which allow you to place the unit anywhere further than 18" away from your opponent's models, even if it's in your opponent's deployment zone. Since the Scars player had no models on the table, he was allowed to place them anywhere.

The fun part is this: a unit in reserve cannot come in from reserve if there is an enemy model within 1 inch of where it would do so. If it cannot come in from reserve, it gets destroyed. In this case, since the entire board edge was covered in enemy models, the White Scars player's army was automatically destroyed.

Kill jester

Wew. I love it when some faggot exploits the rules but then go crying for a judge the second someone turns the exploitation on them.

Go south

Tau player was a fucking champion holy shit.
Fuck assholes who abuse their reserves

return from whence I came

Kill Jester

If it's allowed by the system it isn't an exploit. If it's allowed by the system but still results in no-fun bullshit you're just playing a bad system.

>If it's allowed by the system it isn't an exploit
What? That's exactly what an exploit is, a bullshit move that is allowed by the system, thus exploit, as in EXPLOITing the rules.

Kill Jester

Well worth it mate, well worth it

NO M8, UR DED, UR DED, YOU JUS COST MEH 2 GRAND!

Kill jester

Jester is dead.
Quest over.

UR A DED MAHN

IMMA FIND OUT WER U LIV AND UR A FUH-

Fukkin Yoker man

So then is comes down to BOTH players being the problem, and not the rules. Since the rules allowed for the "exploit" to be negated instead of abused. The system is flawed, just the people who abuse them.

>The system isn't* flawed

I drink Barry's delicious Red Cola!