Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What do you think of the Bestiary 6's new rougarou? Do they make good awooooos compared to witchwolf skinwalkers (+2 to all saving throws), agathion/archon aasimar, and Bloodforge 1's wulfkin?
Rougarou have +2 Str, +2 Wis, -2 Int, scent, low-light vision, and polymorph into a wolf 1/day. Seems a little bland and weak to me.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/g6KKYqPv
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70552/shardwalkers
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73477/blood-in-the-fangwood
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73064/blingmaker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not turning into a wolf at will

That's silly. Why is Paizo so obsessed with X/day abilities?

15 MINUTE ADVENTURING DAY

don't worry, you'll be able to get it ALL DAY for the low-low cost of all of your feats!

They think it makes for epic sessions.

OH WOW YOU BROKE OUT YOUR SPECIAL CARD.

>What do you think of the Bestiary 6's new rougarou?
Full list of racial traits and ARTs can be found here:
pastebin.com/g6KKYqPv

As opposed to:

"Oh the barbarian popped rage at the wrong fight, and now they're almost dead and useless."

Both of the pastebins are a-okay.

So you pass... for now.

Report and ignore as always.

Remember, report and ignore.

You're really determined, aren't you?

Remember, report and ignore.

>Roryanon posts in thread with trip on
>IP count stays the same
SUSPICION INTENSIFIES

Once again, we've already determined that Roryanon isn't smart or clever enough to pull off that kind of bamboozle

Did logs of LoB&F get posted?

>implying anons don't have a tab open all the time

I've been out of it for a while, what games are currently recruiting? Is WWW still going? Has Blingmaker ended?

WWW is still recruiting, you have FOUR days to get an app in!

I guess it has something to do with phoneposting? I'm not sure. I've got a headache

>Once again, we've already determined that Roryanon isn't smart or clever enough to pull off that kind of bamboozle
This just means there's like a 1 in 9 chance that Roryanon is also kitsunefag which is equally concerning.

World War Weekly, shardwalkers, and blingmaker are still receuiting.

Roryanon fucking swear to us you aren't Kitsunefag right now.

>I've got a headache.

This is what you get for thinking too hard

Something I just realized while brainstorming for ideas

I love the idea of just solving encounters and problems with just a few flicks of a finger(So, spellcasters) but dont really like the massive planning, bookkeeping and stuff that comes with it, so what class should be good at this but not boring at it?

I mean, solving problems pays off big time but the amount of planning and experimentation needed on top of praying to the dice makes the whole process tedious

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70552/shardwalkers
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73477/blood-in-the-fangwood
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73064/blingmaker

FOUR whole days? I should apply with a dashing cowboy astride his noble steed!

I solemnly swear that I am not kitsune fag. I'm just a normal fag.

I just save the pictures he posts.

almost as bad desu

Look at the old thread's old thread.

>TFW he tries to phonepost to hide his IP, but was too dumb to turn off the WiFi on his phone
Classic Rory!

>8 INT

I guess you're right user. It could also be the large chunk of wood that fell from ten feet up and cracked across my thick skull

I never repost them. Some are also kinda cute I guess.

Nigga I'm phoneposting by necessity there's no wifi near where I'm at.

Actually fuck off.

Oh, yikes. Realtalk, I hope you're okay, that seems like it hurts!

Are we going to rorypost through this entire thread, or will we actually do something more productive like gush over waifus and talk about Ssalarn?

We can always discuss the inquisitor.

We could talk about homebrew constructs if you want. I still have yet to actually write up anything for a Homunculus Butler/Maid, but I'm open to ideas.

How about we launch a discussion into how to make shields better overall, especially tower shields, without making specialized archetypes.

What's the best way to painlessly rip a child's head off?

Why hasn't Paizo released more Bloodrager Bloodlines.

It's fine. It wasn't a large piece of wood. I'm terrible at eyeballing things- maybe it was ten pounds? It fell and landed like ten feet, the destination being my noggin. Wasn't knocked out. Didn't even hurt that bad. Just had a good laugh over it and took an aspirin

I don't like it when we're mean to people, Rory made a mistake and he's paying the price in-game, shouldn't that be enough? The guy's trying to make new content for the General and be a productive member, which is more than I can say about the people moaning about certain parts of certain people.

Speaking of Inquisitors, is there not a gun-based inquisitor archetype or am I just an idiot that can't find it?
Seems so logical to have a classic witch hunter type inquisitor with a sword in one hand and a flintlock in the other.

Shields would need an overhaul, like a 1/turn immediate action block, bonus to reflex saves vs spells/breath weapons, miss chance. The plain AC boost just isn't worth it when AC is a terrible defense

There's plenty of ways...

There's the Black Powder Inquisition. It's really shit last I checked.

Sadly no. However, it makes a good ranged attacker without one.

>1/turn immediate action block, bonus to reflex saves vs spells/breath weapons, miss chance
I'd be down for all of those.

Use wyrwoods as a base then give them + CHA/WIS and -DEX because cute and clumsy butlers and maids are the best thing. Then make a variant that are muscle maids (+STR/CHA -INT) and you are golden

Shields provide double AC and heavy shields give Evasion for the purposes of cone or line attacks.

Now shields make you a tank and can do the Iconic "knight blocking dragonfire" thing.

Wow, that's not at all worth taking.

I kind of want to use firearms, though.

Monster tactician inquisitors, cuz Paizo still haven't learned their lesson from summoners.

>Once a round, you can initiate a shield-bash to cancel an attack, if you roll higher than the attack than it is negated

Yes.

>the Iconic "knight blocking dragonfire" thing.
Is that even possible without 3pp stuff?

Yeah with weapon mastery feats

Only with the Tower Shield and only after spending a move action placing it down as cover.

You can't even get a feat to do this, and the ray shield fest line is mysteriously behind DEX requirements (which is odd because STR are the ones who use shields.)

>You may place a tower shield down as an immediate action, unequipping it and jamming it into the floor in the process, creating a 5ft wide wall until you pick it back up again as a standard action.

Not that I know of

Maybe make different shields give different sub actions. So maybe tower and heavy get either evasion or a bonus to reflex saves, in addition to tower shields not getting super dicked with max dex, acp, and actions. small could maybe be immediate action block or something, or better at bashing

Dip a level of Gunslinger?

Isn't there an inquisition for that? Gunpowder or something?

The hybrid classes as a whole don't really get a lot of attention from them. Just one of those things.

There are DEX TWF shield builds. That's the most common one probably.

>Hmm it seems people want us to fix shields
>Okay, I've got an idea! Let's add a SUPER COOL TRUMP CARD move for shieldbearers!
>Oh yeah, players LOVE being able to do a basic move only once per day for EPIC MOMENTS!
>Yeah, so the way it would work is, once per day, if you (and only you) are being attacked by a melee attack with a weapon (not a natural one), you can roll a d20+your shield's enhancement bonus, and if you roll higher than the attack roll, you take half damage from the attack!
>That's great, lets put it in our next book!!

I suppose I could do that, but I'm not at all a fan of multiclassing. Especially in this case, as I'd be Inquisitor 4/Gunslinger 1, missing out on some really great stuff from Inquisitor's 5th level.

See, it should be a 1/turn counter bash attack on physical attacks to negate, and not cost a feat.

Playing one right now, it's a blast. Haven't gotten to the point where I can share teamwork feats yet, but looking ahead there are a lot of neat combos to use.

- Precise Strike for loads of d6s, especially with multiple summons
- Broken Wing Gambit is nuts, again with multiple summons. Surround a target and no matter who it attacks it's taking 2-3 AoOs
- Coordinated Charge at 12th level looks absolutely sick, especially with pouncers. Summon everything as a standard action, make one of your summons charge, you and the rest Coordinated Charge... and then the rest of your summons get to full attack or do whatever else they need to.

I doubt Ultimate Wilderness is going to have shield stuff in it

Tribal Shieldmaster archetype.

The problem with shields in general is really because the trade off for using shields versus what you could be doing is not worth of it

Sure, shields give you higher AC, but in general, they are often very negligible in terms of increasing your survivability

Meanwhile, for martial characters, they could instead be two handing a weapon or dual wielding to kill their opponents faster.

The bonuses from using a shield are often very little compared to much higher damage, basically

If you ask me, shields need to offer more benefits. Perhaps make it so that you dont really need feats to realize that hey, you can bash the other guy in the face with a shield

Or give it better defensive benefits in general which can be vital

Something that I thought was missing from PF/DnD also was how there are no options for pavises or deployable tower shields too. I mean, Pavise Crossbowmen were really common back in the Medieval era

The Tower Shield as-written is LITERALLY a Pavise Shield.

>Unga Bunga Cowhide shields

>a construct being +charisma
>especially homunculi, who have 7 Charisma in every incarnation I can remember

I was about to argue, but then I remembered where I was and what construct gets posted the most. I'd still need to figure out how to actually price them, and stat a few basic ones, in order to make them.

Oh, and I forgot to mention Wild Flanking. Normally it's kind of a shitty feat since you don't want to be attacking teammates (unless you're that kind of character) but summons are fairly expendable anyway so you can go ahead and get that free Power Attack damage.

So is anyone else REALLY hype for Blood of the Sea?

I wonder how much of it is actually going to be viable stuff. Half of me wants to play mermaids NOW, and half of me wants to wait and see...

>Michael Sayre

>10% WBL bumps aren't something that we're particularly concerned about;crafting is a core mechanic, and Wizards will actually break teh effects of WBL much more grievously. While the Blacksmith may have a small discount available, most casting crafters don't have the need to provide themselves with armor and weapons, some of the most costly components of equipping any character. That's effectively 300k open cash the Blacksmith won't have (600k worth of items) by end-game, a gap which the 10% discount doesn't even actually close. From a perspective of maximum character effectiveness alongside party contributions, the Blacksmith isn't outdoing current crafting options as far as the functional impact of WBL manipulation goes, because unlike traditional casting crafters, he still has to spend a significant chunk of his cash on standard pacing. By the time you include benefits like Reforge, which negates the cost of random loot (you don't have to eat a 50% loss on weapons or armor that aren't party appropriate), the Blacksmith can establish a slim lead, but that's also fairly conditional; in games where the GM customizes loot to the party, Reforge is a neutral value option outside of negating Sunder costs (which the Blacksmith is most likely to impose, so more often than not, another neutral value).

>Edna the Earth Seraph
>This argument is completely meaningless when a blacksmith can opt for combat methods that involve no purchased weapons at all, such as Alchemy bombing.

>and the other PCs giving the blacksmith things to craft

Was Ssalarn in the right?

Is 1d8+9+5d6 enough damage to drop a CR-appropriate enemy at level 5, on average?

Give them bigger tits, user. That's how they get the +CHA.

Sure, but the writing indicates that you are actually holding it up to form a shield wall, instead of planting it on the ground so you can actually have free hands to fire whatever ranged weapon you have

It's written as a piece of shit, user.

The entire archetype revolves around letting you use shields with the Fragile quality. Not better, but just in general. Like there's a benefit to using them. It lets you, like, once per day prevent it from breaking. For the price of a weapon training.

IMO, Improved Shield Bash should be given for free, and Shield Master on Light, Shield Slam on heavy, change the bab requirements for them to be something like 1 for Slam and 3 for Master, make Bashing Finish a bab 6 or something, and combine focus with greater focus and spec with greater spec.

Then you're pretty much stuck, user.

There's no way to be a gun using Inquisitor without the Black Powder Inquisition, or multiclassing.

>Granting feats for free at certain BaB levels
I've always liked this idea a whole lot. Never seen anyone do it outside of listless theorycrafting, though.

Normally, I suppose that Fighters with their tons of combat feats should be able to easily get them

Yet, unfortunately Fighters are just underpowered in general, which means nobody ever plays them unless for certain builds

It's quite a problem

>/pfg/ doesn't give fuck about mermaids
Fuck you guys and your shit taste, man.

But user, mermaids are already a thing in the game, and a lot of the underwater mechanics are super sucky.

I was intending for it to be actual feats, but auto-progression is really nice.

I'd say the tree would be:
Proficiency
-Focus (BAB 1, auto-progresses to greater at BAB 6)
--Specialization (BAB 1, auto-progresses to greater at BAB 8)
-Shield Slam (BAB 1, given free on Heavy/Tower shields)
-Shield Master (BAB 3, given free on Light shields)
--Bashing Finish (BAB 6)

Probably not the greatest, but it'd be enough imo.

>Fuck you guys and your shit taste, man.
Well, we ARE still playing pathfinder aren't we?

That eel woman looks slick

I'm conflicted.

Do I try to convince my GM to let me have a Valet homunculus familiar?

Do I keep a regular valet familiar and build the homunculus for [insert non-crafting/casting familiar roles]?

>pic related is mfw considering the benefits of two tiny helpers

True. Pathfinder and 5e are crap tier.

>TFW even the gods hate Rory
>TFW even the gods have failed to smite him

But they're horribly underexplored and underutilized. They are objectively the best nonhuman race, both by stats and otherwise.

Also, I spent my first real campaign playing a martial Mermaid Oracle who lugged around a portable bathtub and used it as a bed. By far the best character I've ever played.
CARLOS...

Maybe the gods feel it's more amusing to leave Rory alive?

I would love to be able to play a gun-tank and actually reasonably wield a shield and firearm at the same time. Not a buckler.

Alright guys I want an honest answer because I've been wondering this since I started playing a couple of years ago.
The game is so full of numbers all around and checks for everything, so many situational skills, saves, traits, feats, weapon/armor/equipment/ingredient/component/material details that don't even seem to matter but without them you just kinda get lost and don't know how to solve shit in your game.
There are so many races and features, subraces, subclasses, deities, patrons, familiars, summons and a fuckton of other things contained within very simple shit like say, using the spell Vomit Swarm (just checking on the info of the Spider Swarm gives you tons of information that you never know whether or know you'll use like Swarm Traits, Tremorsense, use of Dex for Climb checks)

How do you deal with all this shit in a regular campaign? Do you use it all? How? Do you just ignore it all and make up your own shit for convenience?

Sorry for the long post but I've been going crazy over this for so long.

can you imagine getting to use a tower shield and a two-handed firearm while wearing heavy armor and having all of those be good?
that's my dream
i've wanted to play that character for years, on and off
it keeps coming back whenever i make a character for a new game, i try to make it work, it fails, and i shelf it again

One wonders why cant you be like one of those tacticool spec ops people who use ballistic shields combined with an SMG or some one handed firearm no?

I guess thats straying into 3PP or Modern

Hmm. I still don't know. Which one is better overall, Enervation or Acid Pit?

I just deal with the shit as it goes. It does wonders for my sanity.

Roll with what you know and remain ignorant about the rest. If a player knows something, confirm it and move on.

It's not like anything is going to break if you forget that having the high ground gives you a +1 bonus to attack.