Wood dice advantage/disadvantage?

Disadvantages
>Not fire resistant
>Too light to do damage when thrown at enemy

It's funny how two disadvantages combined make an advantage.

Finally you can smash dice at the face of an annoying player or DM!

>pic name is 4-sided
What the fuck are you playing at here, user? Don't think you can slip some shit past me.

Disadvantage: swells in humidity, altering probability

Advantage: cannot be dicked with by Golden-Age Green Lantern

What if:

>left die is 1, 2, 3, 4, then 1, 2
>right die is 1, 2, 3, 4, then 3, 4

Would this be statistically the same as 2d4?

Disadvantage: the very sight of the die, cut from the flesh of its children, will anger the spirit of the forest into a murderous rage

Advantage: when nature takes back at that was once hers from the dark blight of humanity, you can shave your wooden dice to make kindling and start a fire to comfort you during the final hours of all you once held dear.

Well if you look at the picture, you only see the numbers 3, 4, 5, and 6. That's only 4 sides. According to Schrodingdong, the other two sides can't exist because we can't see them.

They float.

Advantage: they feel warm and comfy.

Disadvantage: they aren't steel.

Steel precision machined dice are the best.

>that guy who keeps using steel dice with sharp edges
>there are fucking marks in the table's finish where he usually sits
I have no idea how the GM lets him get away with this shit.

Well, he deserves to have his steel dice taken from him.

They are a weapon. You have to be careful while wielding such power. I roll on my 14 pages long character sheet.

If you're hosting, then you can ask him not to damage the finish. It's your table so he has to respect it.

If someone else is hosting, then it's that person's problem. My recommendation is to let the metal die player know that his metal dice are damaging the table. He might not have realized it at first, and might even stop of his own volition. You can also let the table's owner know, and let him sort it out. But nothing more than that: If the player and host are both okay with it, then it's none of your business.

when your dice are on fire you can really mean it

No. And also it says four-sided... a six-sided die that produces results of 1 to 4 is still a six-sided die, not four sided.

the fuck are you playing that has a 14 page character sheet and where can i get it?

GURPS, probably.

FATAL or a high level 3.5 spellcaster.

Well, lets check and find out!
1 1 2 2 3 4
1 2 2 3 3 4 5
2 3 3 4 4 5 6
3 4 4 5 5 6 7
3 4 4 5 5 6 7
4 5 5 6 6 7 8
4 5 5 6 6 7 8

36 combinations. (2x2+3x4+4*7+5*10+6*7+7*4+8*2)/36=5

So, on average, you'll get the same result. The probability distribution of any given number will be slightly different, though, because the probabilities for 2d4 are distributed on a 4x4 grid instead. For instance, on 2d4, the odds of getting a 5 is 4/16 or 25%, while the odds of getting it on these dice is 10/36, or 27.777...%.

Pros:
Can be made of pretty exotic woods
Sound nice when rolled

Cons:
Will be more expensive than plastic dice for very little benefit, especially if you are going for the aforementioned pretty exotic wood.
Probably easier to damage than your standard plastic die