Rate the gods, from most to least playable

Rate the gods, from most to least playable.

all edh babby garbage.

G>B>W>U>R

But then again I'm a big smelly retard.

even the EDH general hates them

Worse than the Theros gods in every conceivable way/10

They are not good in edh. The closest is green to being slotted into seleva brostorm but it is not better than current cards.

Red Waifu > All #HellBent4Life

I'd say green is probably the best and then all the other gods are equally as useful in the right deck.

>five signature mythics

>they all suck

G=B > W > R > the shittiest commons from the set > U

G > R > W > B > U

Watch out. Games-Workshop will defend their title teeth and nails.

yugioh egyptian god cards>>>>>those

they are absolute garbage in EDH, you little whiny bitch

They're all less than playable so it doesn't matter.

GW doesn't fuck up half as often or half as bad as wizards these days.

They are even worse in EDH than they will be in Standard.

>Above the carvings of people were etchings of the Amonkhet pantheon. Eight animal-headed gods, all gentle and benevolent mammals, birds and reptiles—eight?
3 more gods to come, according to the new story post.
Probably not in this set, but maybe in Darkest Hour

If only that were enough to eradicate those two shittiest of formats...

These are the same people who put several paragraphs about the WB Powerpuff Girl into an Innistrad lore article, only to never make her a card.

Don't get your hopes up.

I wish Gideon could somehow transport the Theros gods to Amonkhet so people could actually see powerful deities.

White => Green > Red > Blue > Black

Remember this thread in 6 months when these dominate standard.

They are probably playable due to their high stats and low CMC, that doesn't mean they aren't boring and generic as fuck.

I miss the theros gods

Then again the greek gods were always better than the egyptian gods, so I guess it makes sense.

Why'd they choose relatively unknown gods for 3/5? Most people know Anubis and some people know Bastet, but a lot less people know Thoth, Sobek, and Wadjet

why would the fourth sister be made into a card if she was offed thousands of years back. similarly I'm pretty sure the same story article said that bolas rolled up and btfo the 3 other mentioned gods here so don't get your hopes up

>Why'd they choose relatively unknown gods for 3/5?
Probably so they can add in actually playable gods a few sets down when they say "Bolas was only pretending to be retarded."

B>G>rest. Tho its a case of them floating to the top of the boiling cesspool that is the Amonkhet Gods.
Which is boiling because its placed on top of the garbage fire that is the Amonkhet set.

I don't really think they'll add gods in HoD, and I don't see gods in Atlantis either.

So unless we're already going back to Theros I don't think we're gonna see other gods.

My issue is that they're playable, they just don't feel like gods. They feel like decently good creatures with a gimmick.

Like Gideon said, the Theros gods were massive silhouettes on the horizon. The amonkhet gods are just rather tall people.

>the gods were only humans gifted with some of bolas's power
>The real gods show up for brunch with bolas

Where's the cards depicting egyptian mythos and stories? Theros was fucking chock full of them and yet the most we've gotten so far is "uhh the nile exists".

Say it with me.

>Legendary Zombie Angel

This entire set looks like absolute shit. What the hell is going on? The last 3 years have been terrible for MTG.

Red = bad
Green = bad
Blue = bad
White = bad
Black = playable, but also bad

Green is the most playable of the bunch

The green one is clearly the best, how is the black one stronger?

Rhonas is probably the best of the 5, maybe Oketra

Why do you think Bontu's good? He's arguably the worst.

>insinuating that eating the shit straight from Wizards of the Coast's asshole and throwing your money at them is better than playing a superior format such as EDH.

Hilarious.

>zombie angel
>angels in magic are 95% mana beings
'hm'

>Black = playable
I'm sorry. Did you want to block with your indestructible creature? You need to sacrifice one of your own things before combat step.

Actually good Tier:
>Green

Will probably do something in standard Tier:
>White

Not terrible but requires a very specific decklist to make playable (and only in standard) Tier:
>Black
>Red

Indestructible god of Azure Mages and clowns Tier:
>fucking BLUE

>blocking with your 4/6 menace 3 drop

Green is the only playable one

The rest of the gods are actually unplayable

>Green: Best of the Gods
>White & Black: Playable but boring
>Red: Have to build around to be playable
>Blue: Holy shit WotC what are you doing?

>Blue: Holy shit WotC what are you doing?

I actually had to do about a triple take when reading the blue god for the first time. I really couldn't believe they'd make his activation cost so fucking steep.

If they made it 5 or more I'd still say its a decent chunk below the other Gods but damn seven? What a fucking breating

G>R>W>B>U

Rhonas is ridiculously easy to turn on.
Hell, Hazoret does it on curve, which makes Hazoret the second most playable god. If you can play Rhonas t3, and Hazoret t4, somehow emptying your hand before then, you're swinging for 10 on turn 4.

Oketra has the best stats, but is slightly less easy to activate.

Bontu has the second-worst activation mechanic, you don't really have to jump through too many hoops for him but the cost of making him attack or block is too high.

Kefnet is garbage. It's very rare that you'll have seven cards in hand, and returning lands to hand is not something you want to be doing as someone with seven cards in hand. You don't want to pay 4 to stick lands into your hand and draw a card unless it's the activation that makes Kefnet work. It is nice that he can block anything blockable, and probably has the best keywords. You also get punished for playing blue if you counter anything your opponent casts in Main 1, because then Kefnet can't block.

Don't worry user, there are plenty of infinite hand size effects in commander.

I didn't know Veeky Forums was this bad at mtg.

what are everyone's thoughts on this
>spending your 3rd turn doing nothing
yes yes, but it does go well with okekra and depending on the deck it isn't unlikely to be able to hit okekra + a 1W creature turn 4 with this and have her be active on the spot

Okay guys.. make all the five Gods playable with one SMALL alteration.

White: creatures she creates get double strike instead of vigilance

Blue: If you chose to return a land, your opponent choses and returns one as well

Black: make him 6/6

Red: make it "when you discard a card" instead of paying 3 to discard.

Green: make it just "target creature" instead of "another target creature".

Theros gods don't drive cars when they aren't turned on.
Amonkhet gods have drivers' licenses all the time.

That's actually a bad thing as they can be hit by anything that removes creatures. Having an enchantment removal is... less likely.

>red god
>cycling now says deal 2 damage, draw a card
>deal 8 damage the turn after playing the red god

Might make a shitbrew with this and every 0 drop creature in modern. Add some bushwacker effects and whala, 0-4 at FNM here I come!

This. When they all suck, side with the waifu every time.

Well they are still indestructible, but yeah Path to Exile is far easier to land on the new gods.

White's change makes it too strong. The BEST way to buff it by changing nothing is to make the tokens soldiers instead of warriors

Easy

>cycling 4 cards with 5 manas
That said, if you don't actually play cards you don't attack with it (you need to have 1 in hand).

To be fair, MOST creature removal still won't kill them. There aren't that many things that either exile or reduce toughness by 5 or 6.
Pervert gets fucked by Grasp, of course, but she probably likes that anyways, the freak.

Plenty of cycling cards this set with a single colored cycling cost.

You misread, you can attack when you have one or fewer, meaning you could keep a combat trick in hand and still attack.

yay, that makes it a million times in a row that Veeky Forums has hated the new mtg set

>meaning you could keep a combat trick in hand and still attack
My point is that if you cycle (and draw a card) you're not 'losing' cards to get to one. Let's say you have 3 cycle cards in hand. If you cycle 3, you will get 3 new cards and can't attack with him.

It's not a very good deck if you're relying on them tough. Good cycle effects only comes with more mana.

>Kefnet: Cannot attack or block unless you have cast two instants or sorceries this turn. 2U: You may cast target instant or sorcery from your graveyard, If that card would be put into your graveyard this turn, exile it instead.

Fuck one small. Some might get two. Biggest problem is a lack of static abilities to go with the actives.
Oketra: 'Other creatures you control get +0/+2' Now she becomes God of Walls.
Kefnet: 'You have no maximum hand size' and drop to 6. Hazoret doesn't require full hellbent, after all.
Bontu: Remove the scry from the activated ability. Remove the under your control from the condition. Add 'Whenever a creature dies, scry 1'
Hazoret: 'Damage can't be prevented' and swap 'each opponent' for 'target creature or player' Also a fifth point of toughness
Rhonas: I...am not sure what actually works here without being overly wordy or just being Nylea, actually. 'Other creatures you control must be blocked if able' maybe?

I might run Hazoret as a EDH commander in a burn deck for the lulz.

I wanted to run Kefnet but his ability is basically useless in mono blue EDH and not even worth a slot as part of the 99.

The only thing I could see these 'gods' to have use is to slap on a Pariah effect so you don't lose life. That's about it.

SURELY you jest

Kefnet: Remove the land pick up and make it a draw 2 and discard 1 or what said but change the wording to say "You may cast target instant from your graveyard if a spell of the same has been cast this turn. If that card would be put into your graveyard this turn, exile it instead."

Kazoret: Change the 2 damage to "Red instants and sorceries that deal damage to your opponent deal double that damage to them until the end of your turn"
White Cat: I'd like a commander that turns cards that say "Prevent X Damage" into "Deal X damage" but that would be off flavor for this block. Don't care about this thing at all.
Rhonas: Nothing really to change, just kind of generic...not really sure what Green's thing is in this block.

I wont play this god over baral, vebser or teferi, and I certainly would rather use dragonlord ojutai if I cared about the card advantage being stapled to my commander

White: Fine as is. Make Token production cost 2W maybe.
Blue: 3U to cast. 2U to activate ability, 5 cards in hand to turn on and 6/6 power and toughness (going for a 3-4-5-6 theme)
Black: Turns on when you have 0 creatures in your graveyard. BB: Exile a creature from your graveyard, target creature gets -2/-2
Red: 2R: Discard 2 cards to deal 3 damage to each opponent.
Green: Fine as is.

Kefnet probably would have been strong enough if it was "You may return a land you control to its owner's hand, if you do you may draw an additional card."
>what said but change the wording to say "You may cast target instant from your graveyard if a spell of the same has been cast this turn. If that card would be put into your graveyard this turn, exile it instead."
Super conditional flashback for 2U sounds awful still, maybe if it was U.

Derp, that was my bad, I misunderstood.

>Journey to Ungoro was better than Tempest of the Gods and Amonkhet
how do they do it bros

True, the land pick up would be worth it in the late game in EDH.
The conditional flashback was to ensure that the EDH deck wouldn't just be Counterspell.dec

Maybe there could have been a mechanic where you reveal islands in your hand and counter a spell with a CMC equal to the amount of basic islands in hand once per turn upon activation? That would make picking up lands more worth it.

>ensure that the EDH deck wouldn't just be Counterspell.dec
can't just zoom in on EDH, have to consider that standard has one solid counterspell and I don't think modern/legacy/vintage would want to bother playing an 7-8 mana snapcaster

people are going to call this bait but JtU legitimately revitalized Hearthstone's meta and introduced decks that weren't 'lul curvestone' while ToG completely fucked SV's meta into having half of the entire playerbase playing literally just two decks and Amonkhet looks boring as fuck with shitty masterpieces and that retarded split design

>the AER legendaries are more interesting build-arounds than the AKH gods

maybe if wotc didn't keep releasing shit people wouldn't hate it

>dying to Rouge on turn 4 unless you play pirates is good

Ungoro is shit. Until Caverns is nerfed it will push out almost every other quest deck aside from MAYBE Freeze Mage and stop every other deck that isn't running quests completely. Arena is the only good part of this.

Modern and Standard are the shittiest. Try again. EDH has the highest amount of variety out of any format and many different play styles are possible.

EDH only likes the jank that is jank because it can't be fully utilized in other formats but can in EDH. Some cards are jank just because they're bad. EDH isn't a format about playing bad cards, it's a format about being able to play different strategies that don't work in other formats. Playing shit is not endorsed.

A lot of them look like they could be good if they are in a certain deck. If those decks exist in the meta is an important question that most of us will probably live to see the answer too. I consider the activated ability on all of them to be not worth the card alone, so my evaluation is based on the assumption they are good if your deck can easily attack and block with them (or do something sweet like crew a Heart of Kiran while working with Odric).

In no particular order my view is:
Personally, I think Hazoret would be sweet in a hellbent deck. Maybe throw in some Ghirapur Orrery and obviously Noose Constrictor.

Bontu will probably be in any aristocrats deck that is in the same standard as him. Remember, Revolt cards might be sweet in a sacrifice deck. I think Hidden stockpiles is a pretty cool card and hope that it will at some point see standard play.

Ketnet isn't the only blue '7 cards in hand matters' card in Amonkhet. But I'm not sure if there are enough of them to warrant a deck.

I think the gods in general, but Oketra in particular, are sweet with Odric.

Oketra and Rhonas are the only 2 gods where you can potentially just put in any deck that is already running there color. Which makes them more likely to find a home.

I guess I'll go with G>W>B>R>U

>Edh fag entitled to think all legendary creatures are subdued to his shit format and have to be built to protect it's safespace.

Why we will never have Grandeur

They just printed an angel with embalm.
Mark my words: BW angel in a supplemental EDH product.

If it's in a supplemental product, it doesn't need to be a zombie angel.
They can just print the 'when she was alive' version, like they did Freyalise and Sidar Kondo.

They're shit in every format. There is no format where these are good.

Okay.
All of them cost 1 mana less.

Rhonas seems okay in modern mono-green stompy as a 1 or 2-of, but aside from that none of these look even remotely playable.

>Blue: If you chose to return a land, your opponent choses and returns one as well
>4 mana your opponent stops playing the game
yep sounds like what a blue player would want

Hey, all of them but Kefnet are limited bombs.

the angels with embalm also happen to not have tits so they likely aren't traditional angels so once again DOUBT on the 4th sister

>a 3 mana enchantment that says 3U: Draw a card; untap a land if you have not played a land this turn isn't a bomb in limited

but user! you get to have awesome cards depicting adventures and struggles of gideon and the gatewatch instead. isnt it much cooler than seeing some boring old plane lore?

Blue has been bouncing lands for so long green has started copying it. Kill yourself.

being able to do it every turn is insanely oppressive

is it though? when you're spending 4 mana to do the same goddamn thing to yourself?

Yes, it is.

Remember user, mirrored effects are always fair and balanced.