Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Wilderness Edition! Are you excited for the Ultimate Wilderness book coming later this year? Are you excited for the Shifter class coming with it? How about the rulesets, the rules in Ultimate Intrigue and Horror Adventures are pretty decent, if niche, do you think we'll see rules that can be used a lot more often given that a lot of games go innawoods at one point!

Tell me anything about times you've had in the wilderness! The Wilds!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1173648
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HAET WILDERNESS ADVENTURES

Whats wrong with going innawoods!?

Dragons 2 greentext when?

Soon. We just finished up

Lets say you are in a duel against a lancefucker as a martial character.

He has stuff like spirited charge, ride-by attack and all.

What is the best way to deal with him?

Get to higher ground, block charge lanes, etc., etc.

Don't try to dodge roll. Unless you're dexfag, in which case definitely try to dodge roll.

bestiary 6 when

PDFs aren't even out yet, so... Probably like a month before they're scrubbed

Level 4, human only, 20 point buy.

How do I make a semi decent bloodrager?

Go full dexfag as an Exciter/Fractured Mind Spiritualist, faggot

Something like 16 str, 12 dex, 14 con, 8 int, 10 wis, 14 cha? Depends on your bloodline a bit, but put your racial bonus in strength

Probably destined for bloodline.

then your charisma score is a bit less important, as long as you have it at 12 you'll be fine

because unnaground superior.

>Its another 'i want to marry a drow episode'

fucking snore.

SHARDWALKERS IN LESS THAN 17 HOURS
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What is shard walkers?

The next few days are going to be wild. I'm not going to join in on the shitposting at all, I have to see where it goes.

ME NOT BEING PICKED IN LESS THAN 17 HOURS

>this reminds me about the bloodrager I played once
>tfw I will never play him again because he died like a bitch in a TPK and the DM didn't reboot

I just wanted to smash

Please let the shifter be good or fun

P L E A S E

Drow?

We fantasy vietcong now.

It's okay, if I'm rejected I'm going to wait for Overlewd user to deliver

Argentum! What languages are available in shardwalkers?

There are empty lines on our character sheets as we await this information!

Pffffhahaha. Urban is da bes.

Please no

Oh heck, it’s Dragons 2 green text time!

>Lightning strikes the top of the ziggurat, which emits a spooky red glow as the sky darks
>The party agrees that this is not a Good Thing
>They press onward, finding bound Brock atop the ziggurat, along with the two arena champions involved in this kidnapped plot
>Barbatos the Bellicose wields a staff and declares a ROYAL RUMBLE, IN FRONT OF A LIVE STUDIO AUDIENCE
>Janunga the Jade Blade wields, in fact, a blade made from jade and mostly looks embarrassed
>Aurora exchanges insults with the two champions and combat begins
>Rinka lines up a shot of devastating power, calling forth the SEARING FLAMES OF THE SUN
>Barbatos gets roasted, but he’s still standing, and now he looks serious!
>The party goes on the offensive, but Barbatos is a tough nut to crack, deflecting all attacks
>He reveals his staff conceals a fucking canon! He aims for Rinka but misses
>Lio and Calsi buff the party, allowing everyone to land some hits! Another shot from Rinka and attacks from Rory down the champion
>Aurora climbs the Zig, grabbing Janunga and hurling his ass into the fray
>He’s on his feet in no time, glowing green and slashing the party with incredible speed
>Calsi attempts to charge him, but he teleports away leaving an after-image that hardens into jade, trapping her!
>The others give pursuit

1/2

>Aurora stuns him, Rory leaps off the Zig to attack, Mei casually walks up and stabs him, finally Rinka obliterates him with a blast of magic so powerful it leaves her totally exhausted!
>Meanwhile, Lio climbs the Zig to rescue Brock, and Calsi rips herself out of the jade and follows
>The portal is getting huge and out of control, and a massive white-scaled claw reaches out of it and tries to grab Brock!
>Lio and Calsi pull Brock to safety while the others beat the claw back, but an enormous blast of freezing white fog spews out of the portal!
>Everybody takes some damage but manages to survive, and the portal closes
>Brock is safe and opens up a portal directly to the Queen’s bedchambers, where the Queen herself lounging about in her true form
>She’s happy to see Brock but annoyed to learn that the entire scheme was orchestrated by the mysterious Lady Tiu… who is in fact the Queen’s older sister!
>The queen briefly implies that there’s bad blood between the two, regarding the issue of the Queen’s methods of obtaining power
>But nevermind that, the Queen has rewards! Everybody gets tons of gems! And tons of cake!
>Everyone snacks on delicious cake, except Rory who can’t have chocolate

Tune in next time, where everyone gets insulin shots!

>except for Rory who can't have chocolate

Kek

>Rinka is totally exhausted

Truly she is a megumeme

It's too late! We fighting guerilla war against the Elves and their innawoods now!

Some of the files in the other pp folder from the pastabin are corrupted.

Decided to just go full Sorceror with the feats, as much as Nami is labelled as the Thief of the group she doesn't actually do that much Rogue-ey stuff that I'd think to spend a feat on, though if any of you think I'm wrong feel free to look the sheet over and tell me what's up.

I'd make her a Sphere Caster since I don't remember One Piece people needing verbal or somatic components.

Elementalist or Stormborn Sorcerer with focus casting would be good a start.

>tfw playing high con barbarian with toughness
>tfw have FCB for more HP with human feat so I get it with the alternate for better superstitious
>tfw massive defenses all around
Gonna be honest I've never felt more secure. This is a fuck ton of HP.

At level 6 I'm looking at 108HP.

Barbarians are fantastic.

I know next to nothing about Spheres, honestly, but if you take a look at the sheet you'll see I actually did do the Stormborn Sorceror, gestalted into an archetyped UC Rogue and the Silent Spell Metamagic feat, since you're right in that OP characters tend to not need verbal or somatic components unless it's a special, named attack.

I'll link it again here so people don't have to go to a different page to get the link to the sheet: myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1173648

The human FCB is almost too strong.

Spheres allows a lot more customization for magical powers. Things like Spell Components are considred drawbacks, so you could just make Nami a Stormborn Sorcerer or Primal Air Sorcerer or just an Elementalist.

Then you could just give her the focus casting drawwback which means she needs to be holding her rod to cast(unless she doesn't need to do that) then you can focus on weather and destruction as you see fit.

I think RAW on the feat is actually HP+Skill points or alternate racial, not your choice of two of three.

I'll look into it, but for now I'm pretty happy, all things considered, with the build I've got now.

Now if only there was a way to easily get people flat-footed in a fog, sneak attack electricity shocks for days boooiiii!

I mean, HP + FCB is the same thing as toughness. Doesn't really seem worth a feat.

It also saves you feats since you can just say she only needs her rod to cast. I suggest you look into learning spheres as it makes porting anime characters A LOT easier as there's less "fat" you need to include from the regular casting classes. It's designed to be customizable.
General Drawbacks(Focus Casting:Rod)-She needs her rod to use her magical abilities
Sphere Specific Drawbacks
Energy Focus(Electricity)-You can only use electrical destruction attacks

I get you. I assume this is supposed to be an NPC build. 21 charisma at 9 seems a little low for a sorcerer.

We have lewd spells and feats, and we run lewd games, but why don't we have lewd psionics, akasha, or initiators?

Because you can find all those things in hell, so kill yourself.

Don't forget it's also gestalted so I had to divert some resources elsewhere in order to make it a bit more faithful to how somewhat rounded the character is (somewhat at the expense of real combat efficiency), so we're left with a lot of Dex investment as well as some Int for skill points (100 skill points!). I'm also using Automatic Bonus Progression since anime characters usually are strong by themselves instead of relying on items, and then just halve the money our heroes get to spend on various items. Funnily enough it ends up making them slightly stronger than they would be otherwise since I'm using the "chart+2 levels" system rather than spending like, 25% of their gold on a +4 headband.

SIBLING RIVALRY INBOUND!!

red head is cutest

Time is counting down on Shardwalkers.

What caused the meme collapse?

A literal plant that people wanted to fuck so much that a copycat got made

This man gets it

Because DSP isn't filled with fucking faggots like this general is.

Is it a copy? I haven't read.

its not really a copy in anything but that it is also a plantgirl.

who what huh???

I don't understand any of that sentence

Look at the shardwalkers apps

People want to fuck the plant

I'm sorry, which company printed Tailful Polymorph, again?

In a joke book.

On a scale of 1 to weapons grade autism, how bad would it be to model a character after an idealized version of a long gone school crush? I'm gonna say pretty damn autistic is my guess. I still might do it though.

11, with a side of creepy stalker to boot

Same one that printed None Of That Weeaboo Crap. idfk what that says about them, though.

t. woman

I say do it, not like they're gonna find out, right?

Let her go user. Don't let her occupy your heart like this.

Quite possibly the most autistic thing I've ever heard.

Also pretty goddamn creepy.

Any of the characters in Wild Weird West look interesting? It doesn't seem to get brought up as much as the other games.

Dude, creepy.

Instead, make a character based on the hypothetical child you'd have with her, with the two of you as the parents, and do ERP with her. Don't forget to have a lesbian Oedipus complex.

now we're talking lads.

There's a lot of interesting there, its just not Golarion so it doesn't get talked about

I actually don't see the problem with it. Seems like you might get some decent characters out of referencing a real person, if loosely.

I like Magua a lot, classic western character

Already did that route.

It's not like I still talk to, live near, or even like them anymore. We've grown way apart, and she went off the political deep end.I just liked how life was back then.

This sounds anime as shit and I don't like it.

Sounds anime as shit and I like it.

well its a good thing you're not in the game

Is ancap chaotic evil?

probably, given the way most ancap philosophies work out in practice.

Why I would waste my time for such vapid, shallow and inane story?

i dunno man, fun things are fun

Those grapes are really sour, aren't they?

You mean Magwau? The whole 'Trickster' looks a bit worrying but that's just bad experience with players using that archetype to be an asshole.

Kachina looks pretty cool, they look to be engaging a lot with the main plot.

Entertainment varies accordingly ones cultural level and personal experience.
Back in the day people like Arneson or Kuntz (the guy who played Robilar) were well read educated man beyond their own fields of expertise because it was demanded to have a better than pre-university knowledge on humanities if you were into wargames like they were. To this one must also add a great interest into literature which helped to shape D&D.
In our time millenials doesn't even fucking read LotR and just watch the movies, if it helps to get the idea of how poorly trained they are respect to cultural criticism. Their criteria is weak because they can't tell the bullshit from the well crafted thanks to a rampant utilitarian vision on culture and too much time spending in media like video games or Netflix. Narrative in pen and paper RPGs has been contaminated by the shallow power fantasy of shonen and has leave behind the ethos of its sources which are the works of Anderson, Howard, Leiber and Leiber.

i dunno about you, but The Lord of The Rings books were boring as fuck.

Well la-dee fucking da

Why do you care, as long as the players are having fun it doesn't fucking matter

Arguably shonen anime fightan shows are better for the week to week narrative a game is presented in, rather than a long epic where details may be lost

More importantly, the existence of one does not preclude the existence of the others.

So fuck off back to Veeky Forums if you're going to be snob, fuck off back to /v/ if you're going to whine about people liking shit you don't like, and go ahead and fuck off to /reddit/ in general because you're a pretentious cunt.

t. millennial

Please educate yourself before attempting to argue about culture.

>WHAAA PEOPLE CAN'T LIKE THINGS I DON'T LIKE MUH CULTURE

Fuck off /pol/

>please educate yourself

What are you, some kind of SJW? I thought the alt-right argues based on feelings only.

Naniiiiiii?

Shrodinger's Cuck.

Speaking of cats, have there been any good big fat cat tats in /pfg/ games lately? I wanna know if we have the catgirl demographic covered.

If they were boring then why you are into a narrative hobby? The Lord of the Rings trilogy are like Howrad's short tales, the Mother's Milk of whoever haves a minimum of interest into sword and sorcery.
Are you telling me that you get into this hobby from visual media influences then? Or you are into it because you are a ludopath?

Literally nobody likes you, kill yourself

You see.
I find fancy restaurant food delicious, its complex flavors and unique combinations of taste brought into existence by masterful creativity and skilled hands.

But a hamburger is fine too. Its flavor is strong and yummy and it sates my hunger quite well.

I like both, each in its own way.
So its fine for a game to be shounen-style, high heroic fantasy where the heroes swoop in, smack their way into victory and get to live happily ever after without much thought into the global picture. Capisci?

Oh sick 10 dollar words dude, making you look really smart

What are you, 14?

I'm not sure there's a single cat in any game. Dogs are hot right now.

Catgirls are old hat, the new meta is Plant Waifus

Who are the fuckable plants?

Tell me about them and why they're cute.