Is this card any good?

Is this card any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ab2XSa7ZdFU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think it's very powerful but it's too early to say whether it's going to be competitive

The value it provides if it sticks around is so insane

As a 3 mana walker, it dies to bolt and doesn't get much value (you probably have a ~50% chance to hit a land/1 drop mana dork). The + and the 0 definitely work well together, but you are asking a lot. However, it's very flexible and has applications late game as a good mana sink and a way to actually kill your opponent. I don't quite think its modern playable, but if there is a home for it in standard, it could definitely be a powerhouse.

Definitely has more potential than Gideon and Liliana, but I still wouldn't quite count on it being Modern playable.

Mellow, but with plenty of options, including the potential to execute people.

Walker creativity is way up this set.
Imagine if Jace is interesting. It's possible.

I feel like she's best in a control shell, which unfortunately is the worst shell for her +0. She doesn't protect herself, so you don't want to play her very early.

I want to use her just as a scry machine that also reads " your opponents let you gain 2 life every turn or you probably win"
A distraction draw smoother.

yeh shes alright. 4 color decks will have fun testing her out if nothing else. Her +2 and +0 have stupid strong synergy too. -6 feels kind of random though

-6 does feel kinda random but i actually think its one of her strengths as a card. paying 8 mana and doming somebody for 10 damage is pretty strong, its cool that you can do that with the same card that you could also play turn 2 of an elvish mystic and start scrying into free land drops like planeswalker oracle of mul daya

I agree with you, it's good and just a neat ability in general. Feels like they came up with it later after the other two abilities though.

its like they took nissa's classic land animate ability, then doubled it so it could be an ultimate, then they gave them flying cuz shes blue

i see the thought process anyway, even if the end result is weird

Maybe in some sort of memey simic tron build.

She looks like an absolute beast when paired up with Kuprex in EDH. Her ultimate is pretty strange. I think her second ability will get more use.

A free 10 damage on an empty board is pretty significant, 20 minimum with Overwhelming Stampede.

Any two card combo that relies on a planeswalker ult on an empty field is magical christmas land territory.

The context is Kruphix as the Commander and an X Loyalty Planeswalker.

This is a turn 5 play, don't get cheeky with me cunt.

>your opponent will sit there playing lands and scratching his nuts for five whole turns
I mean, I have played some pretty casual games, but christ

>That guy who adds random shit to his deck
>90% of it is fine anywhere else, does nothing for his endgame
>Has multiple wincons, but no certain way of accomplishing them
>B-BUT MUH TURN 5
>MUH THREATS
In a game of commander, you being disregarded as a non-issue isn't a positive. It simply means the rest of the table is focused on their wincons and pushing them out on t4. Good luck surviving that long with a Christmasland wincon

There are LGS with a rule prohibiting attacking before turn 6.

Of course I could make this combo faster. Turn 1 Russian foil Breeding Pool, Mana Vault, Show and Tell, Omniscience, Enter the Infinite, Labman, some card draw.

That sound fast enough for you?

Meant Crypt, might as well make it a signed Judge Promo while we're here.

>There are LGS with a rule prohibiting attacking before turn 6.
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Christ, it's not enough that you get double life, you gotta nerf aggro strats even more?

I literally only mentioned one card. It's fairly powerful in a casual meta, being an entire free card a turn.

>There are LGS with a rule prohibiting attacking before turn 6.
Jesus. The more I hear about other peoples LGS's the more I appreciate mine.

>NuNissa
>Fairly powerful in EDH
>Where Elf tribal, wheel, and Animar, and Kaalia can potentially close games as early as t4
Kruphix is fine, even decent as a commander given his effects. I've never seen him played, even in casual, though. His enchantment is a MUST in U-Hug, though. This Nissa, though, seems a bit too long-term to produce much value beyond a REALLY lucksacky "nobody got their wincon in 10 turns" tech choice.

>Prevent damage until t6
>Tfw no face but thankful your LGS is where the format originated and they only penalize legitimately shitty strats(extra turns, combos that occupy more than 5mins and deny prio to other players)
I pity you, user

>tfw 5 LGS inside of 30 minutes from my house
>tfw only one of them is a decent place to play

It's also a 4 mana walker that doesn't die to bolt and immediately scrys 2, while not drawing a card, is close and if you have blockers, easy enough to protect in general, especially when decks are going tall nowadays

sucks
my friends get angry when I GSZ for Dryad Arbor on turn one, have no three mana play on turn two so I attack somebody with no creatures with Dryad Arbor for one

hello, madness

Hi, that doesn't work.

Are you kidding? Jace gets 1 card per two blocks, maximum. Chandra and Nissa are the ones who get spam printings.

There's a UB deck with New Perspectives, Isochron Sceptre and Shadow of the Grave, I just know it

youtu.be/Ab2XSa7ZdFU

>what is RTR block?

What is Architect of Thought?

If Felidar Guardian gets the axe in Standard as is expected to happen, then Gx midrange will definitely be a big thing. Maybe even Sultai.

You discarded the card this turn, and the card is currently in your graveyard. I don't see a problem.

Its a cool card compared to others from the set, I definetly like it whether its playable or not.

Oh, my bad. I forgot Living Guildpact was M15.

>not attacking before turn 6
So it's basically everyone using 5 turns to set up their combos, and deciding who managed to combo first turn 6?

>LGS says no attacks until turn 6

By turn 6 my Geist deck has at least two lock pieces and, if its combo, a silver bullet. By turn 6 I have sculpted a gorgeous hand to storm off with Ydris. By turn 6 my generic jund edh has utilized its graveyard and combod off without throwing a single punch.

that's the thing. read the reminder text for madness it exiles itself as you discard it so that it can properly be cast. so it's discarded into exile and then when it's cast the game doesn't recognize it as being the same card you discarded since it came from exile.

at least i think so.

Geist sucks

Yes she is good.

At early game she starts letting you filter your draws. Lategame she can do 10 damage flying straight away.

The problem however are those colours. U/G is generally regarded mostly as a nonsense two colour combination that's not too terribly strong. Expect decks that run her in Standard to be adding White mostly to maximise value off all her abilities.

kek go shuffle your goblin deck mate.