>SPOILER KEN MOST WANTED LIST CONFIRMED
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/4/12/enhanced-enforcement-tactics/

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/19/87/19876f7f-581c-4d74-a4b4-4db7301e4c5c/adn_tournament_regulations_v20_text_version.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>Breaker Cost Comparisons
ice.emergencyshutdown.net/

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

>Sealed Format Generator
anrsealed.com/

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site.

Check out the very WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Worlds of Android Scan now in the OP
mega.nz/#!y0cC3ahR!bQlSrpCY4NamDKvq8FPXJEHAFS2WAvfzkZ0oyTbM_us

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Waldo_Demara
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/1/13/make-your-money-work-for-you/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw you forget the /anrg/ bit and have to repost the thread

The MWL article has some art we've not seen before - dragging it to a new tab gives it the name Demara, which gives us what's likely (but not 100%, seeing as it looks weird) our 3rd Conman breaker - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Waldo_Demara , the man known as 'The Great Impostor' - to join Lustig and Abagnale (I was thinking we'd get Ponzi, but there you go)

Gooddfind. Shame on me for not making the connection, I literally re-read his bio right after we started looking fo possible con men.

Eh, you had to drag the art into a new tab to make it give up the name

What it does mean is that we now only have 3 runner cards left unknown, at least in terms of name - one of which is pic related, (someone suggested as a Sneakdoor)

And I forgot to link to last thread, jeez, what am I doing

Next Sneakdoor?

Sneakdoor into RnD? Bit hard to have another sneakdoor without being too functionally identical to the existing one.

>starts playing siphon whizzard 3 weeks before the new mwl

g-guys any idea how to free up 24 influence?

Sneakdoor from remote. Would make an interesting answer to asset spam.

Create The Movement of Liberation of Influence!

Everyone have bad days, don't beat yourself over it.

I think that would be powercreeping since it is straight up better than Beta.
On the other hand, with Quest Completed rotating I see the opposite working. Running Archives to access remotes.

Hey I have been playing this game on Table Top sim quite a bit. But if I wanted to start in Paper what would be must buys / where do I start? I like Wayland as corp for the just face damage and for hacker I guess the orange one. I don't play hacker a lot.

>I think that would be powercreeping since it is straight up better than Beta.

You can play the game with no other remote but your scoring server, you can't play the gam without Archives. I don't really see the power creep.

You can always protect you remotes too. More ICE, less assets.

>siphon whizzard
You deserve it and you know it

Jinteki dot net is easier to play and use than tts, just so you know.
Start with 1 core and Order and chaos deluxe box (weyland and anarchs box). From there I suggest look up what cards you like or find important and buy the packs that have those. For instance, I think Blood money and Escalation are great for what you suggest. 23 seconds include Hard Hitting News for more tagging options.

So anarch siphonspam is bad but criminal one is good? OK fampai

All spam is bad, Criminal spam is tough, Anarch spam is worse because they can also trash your assets and ICE with minimum effort.

Funnily enough, AS is much more dangerous in a red deck because of how easily they can get rid of ice AND do recursion at the same time.

Ah yes, Criminal, that faction so known for its access to recursion.

To be quite honest though, spamming most things can get very annoying very fast

>Ah yes, Criminal, that faction so known for its access to recursion.

It might soon enough. With rotation removing Retrieval Run and new blue options (Cambridge, Rip Deal), balance might change.

Fair point, though both are a bit less abusable than anarch methods.

Rip Deal is a little bit worrying though, especially with PPVP off the MWL and SOT being non-rotating, but at least you've got to find some way to do multiaccess, like Gauntlet or whatever (especially as HQI is going away)

What do you mean by 1 core set do I at some point have to buy more then one? Also thanks for the help

Only if you're hypercompetitive.

FFG made it so that certain cards don't appear in full playsets in the core set. This is generally only relevant for certain factions so if you want to play Criminal or NBN you need three core sets (for Desperado and SanSan City Grid, each of which appears only once in the core set).

Unless you want to play criminals, you can actually get by with a single core set, this due to the existence of the championship decks which contains many of the 2-offs, and even SanSan city grids (very useful one-off).

I honestly think Gauntlet is a good alternative for Desperado.

It's pretty decent certainly, especially if glacier decks start to return in force, but even then Desp is still the console to go for most situations given the choice.

It's pretty decent, especially given how hard HQ is usually iced against crim.

I think pic related is decent - as long as you've got a plan, otherwise you might as well save 2c and have Reflection (I do like that crim consoles with situational/low end abilities are coming with link

Is this really going to be enough to save Netrunner, or is it too little too late?

I reckon it might be okay.

Parasifr got nerfed to hell, the two worst political assets both got smacked, Temujin is likely to stay crim... I think it'll be okay

Does that still go off if there's no ice?

Yeah, like Caprice, 0 ice can equal 'all' of the ice

"When you pass all the ICE" is an interesting alternative to when a run is successful, isn't it?

At least they errata-ed the MWL fast.

Good on them.

To offer my own counterpoint, isn't this offering too much air splitting on already existing trigger/categories for the sake of expanding options?

Is this too much complexity added for too little depth?

Now that there is a Terminal Directive release date, it should be exciting to see what the TD 'meta' is at the local shops considering its only 1 core set + TD.

Agree with you that its most likely too much hair splitting. While it could add for some interesting conditions, it seems like it would be too cluttering in general

Two weeks!

I'm really, really hype. Forbidden myself doing any proto-deck building until release to not have too much of an advantage over people that won't have that luxury for release event.

Does every other set have full play sets?

Yeah, only Core doesn't have a full playsets - some cards are one or two off.

Some would argue that made single Core better alanced, but that's another issue.

I'm not doing any deck building either. I've got friends who don't own the core set and we play mainly with my cards. Want to keep it fair for when i play with them. Luckily, I like Weyland and my friend likes HB, so our corp factions have already been decided.

Okay thanks

I haven't had a chance to play yet, just have the core set. How do expansions work? Do cards rotate out like magic? Is there an equivalent to legacy where you can play everything? Are the old expansions hard to find and jacked up in price?

Rotation should start in a quarter or so, when the first packet of the next cycle is released. By then the fist two cycles (Genesis and Spin) will rotate. Then every two cycle, the oldest remaining two will rotate out from the pool.

Core and the 4 big faction boxes (Creation & Control; Honor & Profit: Order & Chaos; Data & Destiny) are non rotating. Generally will pointed out as the best investment for new players.

As for Legacy, no official word from FFG, but I have a hard time imagining an officious channel not making it happen for those that want it.

Sorry by the way, not trying to be curt and negative, just a bit tired.

Cool, I'll look into getting the faction boxes and I'll take it from there. Thanks :D

>air splitting
Pretty sure that's Hair splitting, and no, I wouldn't say so - 'All the ice' is your last chance to get in, or to get out without it being successful - slightly relevant for the runner, important for the corp as both a late line of defence and the trigger for much more powerful retribution

As a relatively new player myself, the big boxes help round out a lot of cards that help make the player experience more enjoyable for each faction. They each come with a lot of additional identities that are quite fun to play with. Do a little bit of research into the four big boxes before you buy one, as each one is based around a corp and a runner, with the latest, Data and Destiny being based around NBN and some special mini-faction runners.

I'm pretty sure that's a typo. not like I wasn't peppering them everywhere in posts, even accidentally a full word or two on on occasion.

What can I say, I suck.

And I'm not saying you're wrong (I'm both and... I'm interested in having that conversation because I don't really know where I stand on the matter right now).
If anything I'm more saying that's the role "successful run" at 4.4.originally was supposed to have, and did have. Only the explosion of both paid ability effects at 4.3 and the number of successful run triggers that each individually, and both in conjunction have congested and created risks that originally didn't exist in the game and made a new distinction needed... mostly by virtue of not being able to patch the rules and existing cards.

But is it adding yet another level of nuance to a game that is having more and more difficulty helping with fluency for the more casual crowd?

I don't know really. ill have to see it in action.

I'm still not sure what factions to go for. I'll probably check out my local meta and see what isn't being played much

I'd recommend goofing around with the core set, or buy purely based on the flavor. When I bought the first expansion I hadn't played enough of the game to figure out which faction I enjoyed the most, so I bought the Weyland/Anarch box because I thought that Weyland had the best flavor. It's a good starting point.

I really can't see a legacy format working for A:NR, since we'll likely get to the point in 4-5 years where every Corp could theoretically run 10 3/2s.

Hopefully the center of balance for all potential upcoming 3/2 is a lot more Merger than Astro.

Would help balance things.

>implying legacy formats don't have worse balance than standard formats as a general rule across basically all CCGs

How many events with costs do you need to make including PPVPs worth it?

Depends, are you Kate?

As a reference, classic PPVP Kate generally had a bit more than a third of the deck as events that could benefit from PPVP.

From a pure econ standpoint, generally "only" 9 event 3 Sure Gamble, 3 Lucky Find, 3 Dirty Laundry.

And a Levy for good measure.

If you had 45 bucks to spend what are the must have sets. Aside from core?

I'd go with user's advice Play Core. See which factions you enjoy the most, then get the box for those factions (with luck they're the same both sides).

Also do check second hand sales. 45$ may get you a decent way if you're lucky enough to find a good offer.

I'm Nero. Just wanted to try it out before rotation, see if it actually affects the deck in any positive manner over a third Daily Cast or Bank Job. Too bad crim doesn't have that much interesting targets for it.

Exploit, Feint, Inside Job, Forged Activation Order, High Stakes Job, Hostage, Legwork, On The Lam...

If you want to go into more jank territory: CBI Raid, Information Sifting, Early Bird, hell Satellite Uplink, Planned Assault, Three Steps Ahead (if you've never played it on a full turn free Temujin server along with Mobius... worth doing at least once), Early Bird, Paper Tripping (got a laugh off that one too given HHN widesread)...

Add to that the neutral targets.

Granted given how many of those are Run Events, might just keep to Public Terminal. But I don't think it's fair to say they lack interesting targets.

I meant in terms of changing ppvp credits into actual credits like the Sure Gamble/Dirty Laundry, but yeah you're right, turning Special Order into a free tutor atleast should be decent bang for buck. I'm going to try swapping my singleton Modded for two Peace in Our Time, hopefully the 9 - 10 credit boost will offset 5 credits for the corp, as well as the lost discount for installing.

Idk, even with just the spoiled cards so far, Seidr and Bios decks looks reasonably easy enough to throw together as it is, barring something insanely good in the final few unrevealed cards.

There is the nearly-here Terminal Directive big box that gives more options for 4/7 of the factions?

Otherwise it really depends on your choice of faction.

Good thing he's getting his own AA first then for some reason.

Definitely looking forward to that. Noticed it's already on sale on e-bay though, did the game kit already begin in the US? Or is it someone selling the cards off early?

It is in. Plan on using it soon, actually.

Puppetmaster deck... what would you try to run?

Advanceable ice, back channels, not sure if ambushes

I want to go with ambushes if only for the risk increase at successful run. Fun at the very least.

But beside all that, I don't really know what I want to play there... guess I'll just go the no initial plan and refine route.

Mushin, maybe ambushes, little bit of advancable ice, possibly Matrix Analyser

was my first thought as well. Alternatively Trick of Light + Haarpsichord to score quick 3/2s and 2/1s after the Puppetmaster, probably EoI backup plan to get it back if they steal it, or close out with usual SanSan FA.

Is a beginner still supposed to buy the core set? I think I had heard that FFG was phasing it out, though I could have heard wrong.

Highly doubt the core set will be changed in the foreseeable future, especially when they suggested TD as a good second supplement to go with it.

Core has a lot of important cards that you definitely want to have in your deck. Do not skip.

Plus, it's a good way for total noobs to try out the game and make sure they like it before they commit to it.

good to know, thanks.

With months of testing now, is Tracker just as hood as it seems?

I'm not sure what factions to go with. Try to sell me on your favorite one

In doubt, go anarch. They are the quintessential hacker type you see in the news. They hack for fun and for justice. They blow up servers and disconnect entire nodes of the Internet with a Ddos attack using IOT devices. They are fun and in Mars they follow the No Pain No Gain philosophy that makes them dangerous, powerful, and thrilling.

Oooh, nice, one of the campaign-only cards

Wonder what the symbol in the name means

It's the first card you see when you open the box, so nothing too spoilery. Although I recognize my mistake in that I forgot to tag it as such.

Eh, nbd - do you have the whole thing then?

Nah, found an artist on instagram unboxing it. One of those snapchats that disappear after a while.

Just checked what his handle is, timurshevtsov if you are interested.

>snapchats
That's a thing on instagram?

I've only looked externally, I don't have an account - sadly he's only put up 1 full art, the rest are just as cards

Let's be stupid about it I guess. Three Award Bait, Three Puppet Master, three Matrix Analyzer and Herald.

First... typoes are my mark! Don't cramp my style. Or do you indeed mean "as hood"?

Then, I find it's very good against big ICE. Comboes well with Grappling Hook (and Street Magic but that's just me), and the fact that its " Prevent the first subroutine that *would resolve* this run from resolving." means you can break any number of subroutines until you leave Tracker do its thing).

Even more support for that Severnius deck.

Definitely a typo. Bumpy roads.

Runner side, barring a few Criminals are super fragile to damage, and getting into servers can be expensive as their breakers are usually inexpensive. However you can start running without having anything installed, and their playstyle lets you feel smart as you hit a server, bounce off ice, then hit a different one since you know (one way or another) they can't rez the ice on that one, like a master thief planning out a bank job.

Corp side, Weyland I think has the most interesting flavour in the game. The founder, Jack Weyland, had started off by buying and selling other smaller corporations, before setting out on humanity's biggest project: a space elevator. Despite detracters and naysayers, the elevator - dubbed as Jack's Beanstalk - was successfully completed, single handedly propelled the exploration of the Moon and Mars to its current state. Nowadays, Jack himself has been ousted from Weyland, and nasty rumors about people getting killed seem to float around the corporation, but don't let that stop you from focusing the main goal: space.

Weyland has that interesting dichotomy of being both hugely forward-thinking and interested in humanity's progress on the one hand, and incredibly base, money-grubbing and unimaginatively brutal on the other - very much a mixed bag

Anarchs are the aggressive runners going after the corp's broad state for fun and justice. If you're self destructive, if you like to trash things, keep your opponent poor and on its toes, that's the runner faction for you. Archives is their forte, making them the most opportunistic faction - you need to make those cards reach archives first after all.

Crims are the professional, meticulous runners. They're in it for the money. Their specialties include data gathering, expose, avoidance and bypass tools. Ways to get into servers they shouldn't even be allowed to pretend getting into. If you like bait and switch hit and runs, board manipulation, if you don't like to go in blind and like to be rich, they're your guys. HQ is their biggest target.

Shapers is the brute force faction. Theirs may not necessarily be the most flashy toys, but if you want to do the job, not dance around defenses, not destroy everything while painting a target non your head, they have the strongest backbone. They'll do the job, and do it right. Hitting R&D is their specialty.

HB I've seen described as "German Efficiency", or alternatively "second best at everything". The purple corp is the master of brain damage and click compression/manipulation. Strong economy. Good draw. Their specialty ICE (bioroids) are natively porous, but are some of the most taxing. If you like to focus on the basics, they're a very good faction.

Jinteki I like to describe as the passive-agressive faction. They have many ways to do small damage that will most of the time not threaten the runner by itself but will force hard choices down the line. They have the most ambushes and if you like your mind games, they certainly are your factions. Look out one of their signature cards: PSI-cards You'll know what to expect of them. People do see red.

NBN is the fluid faction. They like to move fast, have very strong but generally porous ICE. Specialize in traces, tags and most of the non-fatal ways of hurting the runner's board state. From trading agendas from score zones to mass trashing installed cards. They're pretty good at keeping the runner poor. If you like being a yellow bastard, you know who to chose.

Weyland can be summed up in two words: money and violence. They have the BIG damage cards, the ones that can one shot the runner in case of mistake. They have the most and best Barrier ICE. They love to play completely unsubtly. Powerful agendas that are installed face up, or their having the only 9/6 agenda in the game sum up that aspect pretty well I think. If you like to be rich beyond use, if you're willing to risk high variance just for the satisfaction of landing a meteor right where the runner lives... well, the jade color guys are your jam.

"Unimaginatively brutal" a typo? Interesting adverb usage otherwise.

Current Weyland is probably influenced a lot more by members of the board trying to protect their interests over humanity's progress, admittedly. Wonder if they'll ever tell us about Jack's exploits at Gagarin.

"Unimaginatively brutal" does fit Weyland to a T - well a W.

God, I forgot to mention advance-able ICE for Weyland, and on encounter ICE for NBN.

Shoot me to hide my shame.

Yeah, most of Weyland's core is focused on staying where they are and protecting their interests.
Just look at their agendas, the things they're doing - most are about more money and more security, compared to the much more tech-y and innovative stuff the other corps do

And not a typo, Weyland has very simple and direct methods of dealing with problems - usually excessive amounts of money and violence.

There was something an old article about Weyland raised - it's sadly not true any more, as of either pic related or Product Recall, but it was a good point - in the world of cybernetics and brain-mapping, Weyland brings a crude, old-fashioned firearm and shoots you.
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/1/13/make-your-money-work-for-you/

I'm leaning towards criminals and weyland. Thanks for the overviews everybody

Hope you have a good time with the game. Have fun, don't worry about the paper bag.

Too bad the "get money from doing everything" angle has been vastly outdone by HB, specifically EtF and Advanced Assembly Lines, which can *gain* money and board state while scoring agendas. Weyland still sports the best in your face audacity not found in any other faction though.

They have sacrifice and audacity, but unfortunately not success.

Heh.

I'm kind of tempted to make a no-remote naked agenda scoring deck now. Operation econ, Stinson, just need good punishment tools.

Looks like the incoming Terminal Directive big box would be awesome for you after the first core.

Ironically (hopefully) much better then their own original big boxes respectively.

Is that another core expansion or something else?