">BBEG" ">Ugh"

Shut up.

Complaining about retards when they aren't being retarded at the moment is retarded.

Its because WHYTE WYMYN crave BIG BAD EVIL COCK

>BBEG
Bleh.

>>BBEG
>>Ugh

Ugh.

Is there some further context I'm supposed to know?

>villain
Bah.

So, what do you guys think about Earthdawn? It got heavy metal viking troll air raiders, swashbuckling lizard people and orcs riding on giant rhino things. Is this the best setting ever?

This guy whines every time anyone says BBEG, he's basically our Barneyfag.

I actually quite liked Earthdawn as a setting.

Huh?

People have been complaining about "Big Bad Evil Guy" for years. The early complaints seemed to be mostly about the concept itself, with many people disagreeing that a plot needed a character as a central antagonist.

Now, it seems that some of the complaints are about the language. "Big Bad Evil Guy" was coined to sound corny, and is more of an in-joke than a designation like "Central Antagonist." It's also grown to be somewhat vague, with some people using it as the central antagonist, others using it as the final antagonist, and still others using it as simply any antagonist, which can get confusing when trying to communicate about one of these specific ideas.

As far as the shitstorm, I think that comes in part because it takes very little effort to say "BBEG sounds dumb", which is enough to trigger some people who use that phrase. These people then go to say things like "you need to respect this acronym, it's Veeky Forums's acronym, every true fa/tg/uy uses BBEG exclusively," and that gets even people who had no real interest in the matter upset, because it starts to sound like there's people who are actually actively trying to push BBEG.

BBEG is a meme, and like most memes it doesn't have much of a shelf life. The old joke has faded, and now it seems like people are just finding it weird for people to be so fervent in holding onto it.

Not even 20 posts in and you're already serving up pasta?

You and your meta thread are waste of space

>BBEG

Ugh.

Serious question, why not just say ''Big Bad'' and be done with it? Fuck acronyms.

I just started reporting and ignoring. Stop giving him attention.

At first, tradition/being used to it/being shorter to type..

No I know someone out there is bothered by it, so I don't think I'll ever stop.

Like the spacing.

>like most memes it doesn't have much of a shelf life
Do you actually believe this, user? What do you think the words you're using right now are? How old do you think they are?

BBEG has been around for a while. Like you say, it was meant to be corny, because it was meant to be innately mildly pejorative. It refers to an exaggeratedly evil, flat, static character whose purpose for existence is to be the antagonist. There is nothing wrong with the term itself, though what it describes is at best a convenient plot device and often indicative of an overall poor or lazy writing style.

BBEG has absolutely zero humor value anymore, or really any value whatsoever. It's just an awkward phrase used by awkward people, and what's strange is that you are convinced that people can, through sheer persistence, make it stop being cringey to say "Big Bad Evil Guy" when referring to the villain.
What's worse is that their main defense is to try and mock people who prefer more sensible terms as not being part of their "secret club" and refusing to respect their jargon.

It sounds dumb. The emperor is naked.

>Do you actually believe this, user?
It's pasta, genius.

You're also replying to pasta, genius. This discussion has happened a hundred times, and it's literally gotten to the point where one person can have an entire copypasta conversation by themselves.
That response to that pasta that's a response to that past? Also pasta.

It's pasta all the way down.
This post? Also pasta.

>These people then go to say things like "you need to respect this acronym, it's Veeky Forums's acronym, every true fa/tg/uy uses BBEG exclusively,"
What the hell? It's a tvtropes thing!

>Ugh.
BBEG

Oh, look. It's this thread again, complete with a sameposting OP complaining about basically nothing. Don't even have a bait image good enough for this.

Yeah, but that's only part of the reason why it's a bad thing.

>literally doesn't understand memetics
Lurk moar

>Barneyfag
Do I want to know what it is?

It's a pasta you dimwits.

Spacing?

Here, lemme call him real quick.

REDDIT

SPACING

It's this thing that newfags get upset about.

When they see a post that isn't an unbroken block of text, they become very concerned about the possibility that the poster is from another website.

They call it 'reddit spacing'.

Le meme arrows are shit, yet every fucking one insists on using them everywhere.

So it's only natural that fags hate even semiproper formatting.

To be fair, it's still an unwarranted typing habit that makes it seem like you're trying desperately to highlight some kind of lunchline or moment of finality to your post. I've seen posts where literally EVERY sentence was a new line with a space, and yes it's something you tend to see the average Reddit poster do because the bigger the post window the more it screams "LOOK AT MY OPINION." If you're confident in your argument, there's no need to draw attention to yourself with haphazard paragraph breaks.

Frankly I wish Veeky Forums would just adopt proper formatting options like cripplechan, so we can have bold, italic, and colored text. However, it's clear the average poster here can't be trusted with that kind of power.

*punchline, not lunchline

>your spoiler
just post on [s4s] ;)

btw how do I check my #fortune

That's almost as dumb as
>BBEG 'ugh'

He's literally this, but for ponies. Except he says "Barney" all the time, as in the purple dinosaur.

You'd think between the above image and you outright saying
>that word
he'd be here by now. You don't think something happened to him do you?

He doesn't bless Veeky Forums with his presence very often, thank Celestia.

>Shut up.
Ugh.

>I've seen posts where literally EVERY sentence was a new line with a space, and yes it's something you tend to see the average Reddit poster do
I don't go often to reddit but I have almost never seen someone do that.

>be me
>be posting on Veeky Forums with greentext arrows since 2005
>one day a fag gets butthurt and calls them reddit arrows
True story.

>people still trying to sanitize this hobby like they did with comic books only for sales to drop

I guess good thing is no one gives a fuck except this little circlejerk with their pasta.

user, you're on Veeky Forums, where every female is a shrieking feminazi who wants to steal your penis and all hyperbole is completely accurate

Yeah, the shit people will accuse of being reddit is baffling. The reddit spacing thing for instance. I just assumed that's how you format a paragraph and I've been doing it the entire time I've been involved with the chans (sometime in 2006) but apparently it's now a reddit thing.

Back to TV Tropes you go

it's a guy on /v/ whose modus operandi is:
>see a picture of a cropped mlp fanart or something that is somehow related to mlp
>comments "Die you degenerate barneyfag" with a link to the derpybooru entry with the image
>posts a picture showing MLP and Barney times next to eachother named "ponyfags, this is your mindset" or something like that

and he shows up every time without fail
theories surrounding him include that he's a bot that compares pictures from derpybooru and posts it automatically, or that he's actually many anons in some kind of cult following the original barneyfag and the original is long gone

Unbroken blocks of text look like shit, they look like blocks of copypasta.

I'm too old to browse newfangled sites like reddit but this sudden hatred for so-called 'reddit spacing' is just more /v/ shit where people will go to any justification to avoid staying on topic, derailing every thread into 'website wars' and politics.

>BBEG
yarrg

Would you prefer VNO: Villain Number One?

You know, I never understood yarrg in the series. I thought everyone said it, then the "whatever the government guy is that starts with a p" questioned it so I thought it was just Rinewind, but then the barkeep said it. No one in the book explains it. What the fuck does it mean?.

Lel, tempted to use that now.

>This thread

I would like to raise the only important point to this issue:
Whatever your feelings regarding a term, if you autisticly derail and ruin threads by off-topic shitposting because someone used a term you don't like, it makes you an asshole.

I am the guy who has been calling out Baron BBEG, the original asshole source of this meme, for derailing innocent threads with his toxic, witless, and pointless jihad on a dumb, redundant, yet accepted term since he first started this nonsense.
He has been joined by others, at least one seemed sincere, many of the rest appear to be trolls salivating over a new meme that people still hate.
Because Baron BBEG is hated, because he is an asshole.

To the pasta collectors, you're welcome I guess.
To Baron BBEG, I have one thing to say: Fuck you.
To the trolls, the following is what I have to say to you:

Thats true though finally thought I was about to not be a virgin anymore, nope she drugged me and did a south east asian budget sex change.

>Because Baron BBEG is hated, because he is an asshole.

Do you know who's hated? The idiots who keep trying to pretend BBEG isn't stupid. How far are you going to go in your crusade to pretend that BBEG doesn't sound dumb, when it's supposed to sound dumb?
You've tried to say that everyone who thinks it's dumb is one person. That failed because it's obviously a fairly common opinion, and yet you're still encouraging more people to chime in on how stupid the phrase BBEG is by hoping to convince people it is such an unbelievable opinion that only one person could have it.
You may very well be the foremost person responsible for this escalating to the point where shit threads like this are made, all because you are desperate to convince everyone that they're not allowed to think BBEG is stupid, when it was designed to be stupid.

Give it up. People are going to think BBEG is stupid, and trying to defend it in all these underhanded methods just give the people who hate the phrase a bigger platform.

>a dumb, redundant, yet accepted term
>How far are you going to go in your crusade to pretend that BBEG doesn't sound dumb
Try harder.

Ponyfags, this is your mindset!