Skeleton Thread

Post and talk about skeletons.

I’ve been playing a character who took the form of a skeleton.

Originally they were the Tsukumogami of a mansion, but then a young lady was murdered and buried on the property.

After the mansion was abandoned by the noble family that owned it the ghost of the murdered girl and the mansion spirit spent about 70 years talking playing sharing stories and spooking squatters until the mansions haunted reputation and the collapse of the nearby village meant that nobody came anymore.
30 years after THAT the ghost of the girl finally made peace and moved on. The ghost left the spirit of the mansion her remains as a parting gift.

Another 23 years later one of the wayward sons of the noble line came with his servants. He was looking to reform himself, and start a cult dedicated to the local spider goddess of love. The spirit of the old mansion decided the master and his servants (the rest of the party) were funny and pored itself into animating the bones of the murdered girl.

Since it had spent nearly its entire life essentially imprinting on and then becoming the little sister said ghost never had in life, the spirit acts like an excitable little girl fascinated by positively everything, though with hints of a darker past in its behavior and sense of humor.

The skeleton took to wearing a downsized servant's dress and white apron and is an energetic and un-nerving addition to the party who creeps the noble the fuck out, but he thing's it is the ghost of someone the his family cut short the life of so he's pretty much resigned himself to being followed by this affectionate skeleton for the rest of his days.

Being what it is, the spirit sometimes will throw tantrums if something rubs it the wrong way and if it decides it doesn't like someone or something it is rather difficult and time consuming to change it's mind.

pic unrelated to the character.

I look forward to seeing and hearing what you have to share Veeky Forums both serious and silly.

Have any of you ever made an army of skeletons trained to form a building, then once you've called the enemy leaders in for a feast in their honor or surrender/peace talks you snap your finders and the building murders your foe and any underlings of theirs you decide is better for you dead then alive.

No. But consider that idea looted for the next time my party meets a potential implored devious and powerful enough that they won't turn on him and take him for all he's worth on principle.
(They are a bunch of cruel jerks who are also the chosen ones in a number of prophecies because some of the gods were/are mean assholes when they are drunk and thought it was funny.

>Skel Ops: The Line

Bump

>being ermor

who/what is ermor?

anyone have stories of involving skeletons to share?

One cleric and the whole thing falls apart

I want to play a skeleton that wants nothing more out of (un)life than to frighten the townsfolk that live in the village next to his graveyard. When the village is threatened by some outside force, the skeleton becomes and adventurer in order to save the village he loves to terrify. No DM will let me run this character. They think I'm joking or trolling them. I truly want to play this character though, and I'd play him just as seriously as the setting requires.

Holy shit, this guy really likes skeletons.

It looks like you're living in the land of shitty DM's

This guy also has a similar sketches of goblins, dwarfs and lizards.

a nation of not-romans who fucked up real bad trying to resurrect their jesus analogue and now have more skeletons than common sense from the game dominions 4

thanks.

have you or other players burned this DM with actual trolling characters before?

what's the story behind this image?

these are pretty awesome.
You don't see a lot of images of skeletal undead in groups behaving like sentient beings as a collection of individuals who happen to be in the same area or as a team.

As in acting like a collection of people instead of a swarm of minions or sub-sentient constructs.

please post more.

Skeleton bard with war xylophone. Decent campaign, most of party low int/wis and roleplayed as such (read: normally), pretty humerus.

did italy have that flag in the napoleonic era?

Pretty sure those are Mexi-Skelli's mate.

Oh. you are right. I did not catch that.

Put skulls on everything you own so people think it's just your fashion sense

MOAR!

No Jimmy Nooooo! There's monsters in that forest!

Jimmy looks stoned as fuck.

these skeletons remind me of the sabbat what with driving around town with weapons and one of them holding up a severed head.

What about a skeleton made of skeletons?

What was that 90's toy line that had skeletons and robot-skeletons?

Pretty much started my interest in drawing spoopy shit.

Explains a lot.

skeleton warriors!!

The skeleton is in the midst of claiming vengeance for their adopted family that was slain by this group of cherubs.

basically but that doesn't really give enough context to understand the reference

Dominions is a Grand Strategy TBS/RPG set in a fantasy world that is a sort of syncretism of almost every major mythological system and several minor ones.

The game is divided into three ages, the early, middle and late ages (EA, MA and LA), with most nations persisting through at least two in some form and magic generally dying off over the course of history while technology advances and troops become the focus.

In EA, Ermor was just generic fantasy Rome. One of the more troop-oriented nations in EA, actually. But as that poster described, they screwed the pooch between EA and MA, and in MA they are ruled by a handful of liches, and everybody is dead. Their cursed influence causes the dead to rise of their own accord, meaning over the course of time countless generations of deceased warriors rise again to fill their ranks in a giant skeleton army. In-game this is represented by skeleton troops passively spawning in every province every turn.

What's more, because they have few to no living units and don't need to pay for troops, Ermor can uniquely have an extremely powerful negative influence spreading with their priests and temples, leaking into enemy territory and destroying their crops and armies, making it easier for Ermor to expand, as well as casting spells that, for example, cause everyone in the world to age rapidly. Most nations don't have this luxury because it would hurt them too. If that weren't enough, when there are fresh dead Ermor gets even more freespawn undead.

So basically, it's an exponentially spreading cancer of skeletons. In a MA game the MO is usually for everyone to set aside their differences and purge Ermor with holy priests ASAP so that pic related doesn't happen.

The problem I forsee with this character is you saying, "But what's my motivation for leaving the village I love to scare?" at the start of the second session. Toss in a bit that would carry him beyond saving that one village and you'd be good to go in my game.

imma posr ,t sle;etomn

meeds [aomt
1 o 2

2 of 4

I'd imagine the threat to the village would be some part of a bigger picture so saving it wouldn't be a simple matter of going to a nearby cave and knocking some goblin heads together. Like start small and get swept up into something bigger because the village still isn't safe until the cult controlling the oppressive shadow government is dealt with.