WH 40k GENERAL

Orkz will be good one day edition

Last Thread >Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf
docs.google.com/document/d/1xvgryrNiMFoLYiaX8o6Y-Q0q1GLRvwWnvbrSL7omZXo/edit?usp=sharing

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Shit I need something to make this thread live

uh, what change are you most hopeful for in 8th edition?

Dark Angels, Blood Angels or Tau? I'm a new player and can't decide. I would go for Tau because I like mechs and an army that is consistently good without needing to own a large variety of different units to suit the meta. However it looks like I'll need to shell out a mountain of cash. The "Start Collecting" set is only 250 points.

DA, but only for those sweet sweet bikes

>Ork make a thread
>Is shit

Well we might try and salvage this.

Why do you like love or hate Sisters of Battle? Leave the players outside of this because it will end in "hurrr hurrrr derp"

it's the the time of day, and because of the shadow war general. Nobody is fuggin posting.

I mean there wasn't even a general for the past couple of hours, been checking, finally decided to do it myself

if you wanna go bikey and quick then dark angels.
if you wanna form a line of fire and make everyone bored then tau
dunno about BA

Does anyone know what the Imperial Agents book counts as allies-wise for the DKoK Assault Brigade from IA12?

SW:A is bad but since the shit is way cheaper and generally more fun to play. No wonder
You can play 4 games in the time of a single 1000 point game.

When they release every army, GW would have shot themself in the foot again.

Do Tau usually take a lot of upgrades? Do the upgrades take up a good amount of points?

They are armies of the Imperium the count as Battle brothers for any imperial shit.

Fuck yes.

Dear Mechanized Sapper Cadians,

You just got autocannon Chimeras!

Love,
Me

Yes. Also, if you like Tau more, then that's the army you should go with. They're not that much more expensive than SM armies and the Start Collecting box is excellent.

Are they difficult to paint?

Lot of clean flat surfaces. They are pretty easy to paint.

Oh yeah, also: usable Rough Riders with PCSes!

After the Start Collecting box, where should I go from there? I was thinking of doing this to start off with(pic related). Does it look good?

Skitarii mechanical hands only have 4 fingers and it triggers me way more than it should.

If you want to go fast, dark angels.
If you want to stay away, run around and shoot people with big guns, (then miss in my case) play Tau.
If you enjoy the idea of a berserk charge and cutting the enemy into tiny pieces, or want space marines with a bit more snazz/depth and such, play Blood Angels.

Followup: Same question re: DKoK and Skits/AdMechs?

pretty sure all armies of the imperium are battle brother with eachother

IIRC the DKoKs are weird about psykers.

It looks pretty good.
Personally I might suggest that you take only one Riptide, and use the extra points for a stealth team, and some markerlight drones.
Replacing the riptides with a stealth team (or something else if you want) could be good, as a lot of people dislike playing against Riptide wings, and it may make the game more fun. Admittedly I wouldn't actually know, as I am rather small scale and don't have a Riptide yet, but you hear things.
And marker lights because they make hitting the target easier.
But if this is also plus the starter set, that looks to be big enough to justify a wing...

Blood Angels if you like board games, they've been constantly represented lately. Plus their models look cool

What do you guys think?

(I posted it to the 30k thread before since I coudn't find the 40k one)

Don't run a riptide wing unless you are playing against a seriosuly.comoetitive opponent. 1 riptide per 1k points is totally acceptable but running the wing will just get people annoyed.

That being said, drop 2 riptide and replace with 2 squads of pathfinders and perhaps a devilfish or 2 for your warriors. This will give you some markerlight support because
>bs3

Also consider getting a commander as well. He is out most versatile unit and can find a home in literally any list.

Plus after playing it, it gives me motivation for painting hordes with variety.

Additionally, I think you may have missed some proverbial spots in your list. What are the crisis suits armed with?

No idea, this is my first list. Should give all of them shields? What weapons should I go with, I hear flamer is the standard choice.

Impressive, but I'm not sure I like the cartoonish proportions. I guess they are pretty close to the miniature version, but I feel anything real-world sized should be adjusted to have more realistic proportions. Especially if it's a costume prop. But that's obviously not what you want, so don't let my hang-ups detract from your work.

Might be an idea to 'greeble' it up a bit more. Possibly a few dents and scratches?

Personally, I treat mine a bit like tank hunters.
Two weapons for each.
One of the two is a fusion blaster.
At least one of the weapons on the squad is a flamer.
Beyond that, find what suits you.

Dark Angels are broken and OP. Play them just so that people can always complain.

I feel like I'm making a huge mistake building my skitarii completely before painting
But on the other hand I don't have patience to do it any other way

Round 2 of my Ork Codex revisions. Last time I posted I mentioned I started this project before I was aware of Space 0din, and regardless, I did not feel his choices should have been so inexpensive with so much options. Anyway I have received comments about this already and want to see what you guys think a second time.

If you give sufficient reason why something should be different, I will be happy to change it, but for the most part, I believe this codex is ready for tabletop.

Thanks,
Len

I pretty much copied this proportions, maybe one it's painted will lose the "cartoony" feeling

Thanks anyways for the appreciation :)

I wouldn't say flamers are standard, but they can work well. They offer something that other units don't.

Basically, crisis suits are super versatile, so use them to fill the gaps in your list. It looks like you might struggle against heavy vehicles, so fusion blasters might be a good choice.

I note that you don't seem to have any markerlights. You probably want some markerlights. Swap some gun drones for marker drones.

book says
DKoK are battle brothers with:
AM
Elysian
D-99
Space Marine
Space Wolves
Adepta Sororitas
Imperial Knights
Inquisition

Allies of convenience with:
Blood Angels
Dark Angels
Grey Knights

Nobody but you will ever play your fandex.

Deathwatch: CAD or Black Spear ? Can we use Imperial Armour shit ?

I see, thanks a lot. Before I dig into some more research, would you recommend me getting two "Start Collecting" boxes? From reading the contents listed I can get 20 fire warriors, some drones, 6 Crisis Battlesuits and 2 Ethereals for £85 by buying 2 "Start Collecting" boxes. Buying the same units separately would cost £146.50. Am I reading something wrong or is this just too good to be true? Finally, when the CAD detachment says "Required: 1 HQ....Optional: 1 HQ. Does that mean I can take 2 HQs in that detachment? If that is the case I will also get myself a Commander.

You wanna talk real waste of time? I don't even plan on playing the codex I am making. I play the game according to the shitty rules I am given. This is a thought experiment of what the Orks could be. Criticism on the codex, not me, was what I was asking for.

wut
it's an army of terminators and termies are shit.

Ok. Crisis suits are your "fill-any-gap" unit. As in they can fill in on any role you need them to. If you lack anti-infantry (rare and bizzare situation with tau but for the sake of argument) you can kit them out for it with flamers, burst cannons or airburst. Same goes for anti tank fusion blasters, missile pods, or cyclic ion blasters and anti-heavy infantry plasma guns and/or fusion. They can fill in on mid-range fire support with missile pods and/or plasma rifles for an all around generalist or you can go balls deep on deep strikes with close quarter weapons.

Your typical loadout for the team is everyone with same weapon x2, don't mix shit together on same team. For support systems it's easy to go overboard with shield generators and shit which are good but add up to a lot of points witch could just allow you to take more suits instead. Advanced targeting system is cheap and good on multiple shot weapons like burst cannon or rapid fire range plasma rifles or twin-linked weapons. Target locks are nice on fusion blaster teams allowing you to engage multiple tanks at once if needed. Target lock is also insane choice for large crisis team with marker drones and commander as you suits can engage priority unit while drones paint another unit for others. Vectored retro-thursters are good on close quarter unit but you need drones alive to take advantage of that I4 for hit&run. Shield generator and stimulant injector can be considered on deep strike units to maybe allow them to live another turn. Velocity trackers should be given to broadsides or riptides instead of crisis suits but if you want anti-air crisis suits no-one is stopping you. Drone controller is ok if you go for lots of gun or marker drones on your teams, even better on commander with his bs5. Flamers can be a nice upgrade for cheap if you have unused hard points on your suits. It gives a great deterrance for enemy charges and on rare situations you can get some nice shots with it all for 5p.

it's fine. if you build without waiting to paint every one you can get to playing while you slowly paint everyone.
skitarii aren't as hard to paint as they seem at first sight.

The Start Collecting boxes are great value, which is rare for GW. The Tau one has good units at a good discount so picking up two is a great start. And yes, you can take 2 HQs in that detachment.

nah it's an army of black knights and grav bikers that can re-roll their jink saves

how do you like rereolling 2 up jink saves and are you a fan of armies that get a hundreds of free points in formation? if so? join the dark angels where your cheese is worse than tau but people are ok with it cause it is not weeb!

The bomb squig doesn't need to say that it can't make snap shots or attack fliers; as a blast weapon, it is already unable to do so.

Termies

Talking about orks, i'm trying to do a Freebooter for my Rogue trader campaign and i can't find any editable pdf files, May Veeky Forums Help me?

If you are in the UK, try buying from triple helix.

Start collecting boxes are generally pretty great. The only downside is that they usually include a monopose character that you only want one of. Still, you can often get a fiver for them on ebay.

>781▶
> (You)
good catch! I made that blast change right before i uploaded and forgot to follow through. Appreciated.

Thoughts on this WIP Mixedwing list?

hot damn lad. how'd you do it? 3d printing? Wood?

That's pretty obviously wood.

That is a shit ton of points on HQs when ap2, ignores cover, or insane volumes of fire will destroy your army in one turn. I know dark angels are all about expensive, powerful units, but you're running a 28 model 1850 list.

Also while plasma fits dark angels, the regular bike could use a melta or something to deal with different enemies. Your black knights have a TL version.

That looks like a bundle of joy the play against... if you like being tabled and killing one unit in a game

Hey guys I am going to be playing a guy that has plays IG and SM. I play Tau, now this guy has always tabled me turn 3 with his IG and I believe that is what is going to to do again because he runs the tank formations and tank lines with enough infantry for a CAD. my biggest heavy hitters are a riptide, ghostkeel, and 1 hammerhead. I have a ton of infantry and crisisuits as well as 2 broadsides. pls halp. I at least want to be competitive and not get rekt.

git gud?

No duh, thats why I am asking for help?

Should I attempt yet again to fill the void in my life with plastic models? I am still working on the last batch of models I bought. And the ones before that.

Use the Guard player's lack of maneuverability to your advantage, and hammer the SM whenever they get closer than the IG. What is your usual strategy and loadout?

Praise the sun for mercy

So which HQ should I drop? The fluffy expensive special characters, the librarian or the chaplain?

That bike only has a plasma gun because it's the one from the Dark Vengeance boxset. I'd give it a proper tankhunting gun if I could.

Are you using your marker lights properly? Are you JSJing out of range or LOS of the tanks? You have some crisis suits too right?

Sell your models and play a men's army like the IG?

Ah. And not sure, look at the point cost vs what you get from it, how useful it is with the rest of your army including your strategy for running them. If you think it would be more useful to have an entire unit of dudes than a ~200 point guy. One thing about Dark Angels, if you go full raven/deathwing then you're low on dudes, and that makes it easier to pick out units with your tough, special characters. If Jetbike McGee's unit gets targeted by markerlights (and having a unit limits his mobility since he's the only jetbike) then he's just as dead as that 40pt dark knight, but less dead than the 5 dark knights you could get for his price. Same thing with Belial or that 170pt interrogator chaplain. If you get hit with a sudden wave of grav fire or plasma fire or the IG just decides make you take 40 armor saves, those 2+ start to wear thin.

It's a really strong list against armies with similar prices, but larger armies or Tau/Eldar anything can cripple you faster than you can hurt anything. Especially if they can take cover saves against all your plasma or you get really screwed with Gets Hot.

Also lack of weapons is a bitch, not sure what to tell you on that, if he doesn't kill himself rapid firing plasma with no reroll then he's gonna fuck something up. At least there's that.

He also has those tanks are that AV14 so its really hard for me to deal with them. I have moved away from using rail guns but maybe I should outfit my broadsides with them just because of that now?

I tried using the OSC and got rekt. Dude also seems to oneshot my hammerheads every time, even if I jink.
I just forgot to mention before that he has the AV14 tanks on top of those whirlwind things that shoot a ton of small blasts in one area wiping out infantry.
I do use markerlights but most of the time I dont have anything worth shooting at with them or no point in markerlighting anything.

>what changes are you most hopeful for in 8th edition

All of it.

I'm genuinely looking forward to it, and drinking the tears of grognards.

I'm hoping that GW goes full cuck and adds female space marines.

The shitstorm it self will be worth it.

The nerves for the remaining finger are routed to control other systems instead.

Chaos Daemons, why do I see all these lists with 4 HQs?
The FOC looks the same as all others.
Is it legal to make lists with CAD of the same army? As in, 2 CADs of daemons or 4 CADs of daemons?

My group is pretty vanilla. We usually stick to one army each. Last week we played some new guys with tons of rule flexing Detachment lists.

Thinking of diving into Dark Eldar since they have killer models and literally nobody at my shop plays them. What do you guys think of this list? I took the advice of the 1d4chan article (i know i know) simply because i cant really find any other resources about the army.

How do you get a Farseer on jetbike to stay on his flight stand? This little ball socket mount is ridiculous.

Also I modeled him with a scatter laser but now I'm not sure I can actually legally take that upgrade. Did I fuck up?

I mean, it's not meant to be a competitive army, just a fluffy one that satisfies my lore autism and looks and plays decently on the tabletop.

But all those pointers are really useful. Thanks for the tips.

I guess if I do have spare time I'll find a way to optimize the list for Taufaggotry and Eldarfaggotry or infantry spam but for now I'm satisfied.

>Not using Orkz anyways

You must be joking. How did you fuckup an OST versus tankguard? Your ghostkeel has a 2+ save that tanks cannot negate, and you hit his AV10 rear armor FROM THE FRONT!

All you had to do is deepstrike in and shoot his tanks with bust cannons and other rapid fire medium strength weapons and he's dead!

Lol get fucked Matt

You can take as many detachments you want.

>playing the pussiest army available
>"men's army"

Might as well field nothing but grots, they're still braver than guardsmen.

Fusion Crisis is a good choice, and you're fucking stupid if you can't beat tanklines with an OSC.

>cuck

This word doesn't even have a meaning anymore.

Drill a deeper hole?

You fucked up. He can't take a scatter laser.

To be fair I was still learning the rules of my army and realized that this is the case with OSC and the GK 12 inch stealth bubble. I am still a pretty new player so there are a ton of things I am still getting. Like I never bothered to read up on what ordnance does and now I am kicking myself for not knowing. till like a week ago for that and the electric stealth suite or whatever.
lol my name is not matt

I hope the give them to the guard instead.

Because we fucking deserve female meatsheilds way more than the cootie defence club over there.

I'm looking at the 1d4chan wiki article on Soul Grinders, what advantage do Tzeentch grinders have among others? Those are the only ones without a mentioned advantage.

Need a little help with the old army list building. Played a lot of harlequins, now breaking into deldar, cause I love the husbando waifu combo of yvraine and the visarch (plus being able to actually do damage in the shooting phase is nice with deldar)

Not sure about the reapers and having the named death masque trouble's rather than slightly less upgraded normal troupes.

Any general advice welcome

Lmao, guardsmen have the same leadership as your fire warriors, except they have the ability to launch glorious bayonet charges and become fearless with ultramanly war priests

Grots are just sad and so are you if you can't beat tanks with an OSC

Ravenwing/Deathwing are one of those combinations that either wrecks or gets wrecked. While I like the fluff and their entire style, I just don't like the way it plays out. If you expand a bit you can get the last part of their trinity, basic bitch troops. Every one of them is stubborn and the battle demi-company in your detachment overwatches at their normal BS. That way, you have point holders that the enemy needs to watch out for, as well as your kill squads rolling around. All the deathwing are fearless, all the ravenwing are hard to kill and stubborn, you don't really need that many ICs. Personally I like one main leader for Deathwing and Ravenwing each with the troops just doing their job.

There is a tau player in our group named Matt who routinely loses to tankguard despite using stealth cadres

Next edition will have female space marines.

Have you seen the new memembers of GW?

There's no limit?
So you could have infinite of the same cad possibly?

>Female
Why tho

1d4chan says it, Tzeentch grinders get to reroll 1s on their saves.

Because we have to sell to the vocal minority that don't buy our products.

Well there usually is point limit. But by the book there is no limit to the number of detachments you can bring.

Yes.

Keep in mind taking the OSC is basically the worst kind of cheese combo'd with the extra fuck you of list tailoring against IG. Because it's basically you taking lower strength rapid fire weapons that let you rip upset all his light infantry AND his heavy armor, while still leveraging battle suits with 3+ armor, multiple wounds, AND a 2+ cover save.

Basically, you become anti-imperial in the extreme, and anti-guard in particular. And we hate it, because we have no real counter except possibly spamming lascannons and company command squads to ignore cover.

Tempted to paint rubrics in prospero 1ksons colours...