Press F for Fuckhuge Wurm

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/tokens-amonkhet-2017-04-13
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bloodfury Militant
Minotaur Warrior
When ~ ETB, Discard a card

Oketra is cat.
Why is her attendant a bird instead of a catgirl that becomes a nekomata if embalmed?

Harvest Season
Sorcery
Search for X basic lands and put them on the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library, where X is your tapped creatures.

Start//Finish
Instant//Sorcery
Create two 1/1 white Warrior tokens with vigilance

Aftermath
As an additional cost, sac a creature
Destroy target creature

Gonna windmill slam that shit right into my Nekusar deck

I like it.

i not

Then you're a fag

explain why I should like that card

What wurm? I must have missed it. Can someone post the fake?

Hey, that's pretty good

really, nigga?

Seems strong for better enabling more complex spells. Here's hoping we get some interesting 3-color stuff to help out weaker shards/wedges

Best desert so far. I just wish it didn't have that awful sorcery speed clause

An user in the previous thread said it was fake becase there is "and" instead of &. Sorry

fake and gay

>"can someone post the fake?"
>*someone posts the fake*
>"THIS IS FAKE"
thanks mate

It's an EDH land. It prevents people from color screwing you with strip mine and taps for colorless before you get to 6 mana. It's very solid even though it's not amazing. If it was (4) and tap it would be pretty broken

oh, I see. I'm so sorry.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/tokens-amonkhet-2017-04-13

Reminder that this doesn't work with Madness, even if you don't cast it.

I really dislike the fact that i need to turn my head around just to read the aftermath.

>6 mana for draw 2
Damn. They just don't want these to be playable do they? Draw 3 would have made sense. 1 more mana for rampant growth and 1 more for Jace's Ingenuity.

I really like this card. Finally Minotaurs are getting some good cards!

Slamming one of these into my 5 colour modern Tron brew.

Hot damn that art is awesome
I dunno. Madness specifically says "discard to exile". gA areally you in this thread?

Dispossess
Sorcery

Name an artifact card. Search target opponent’s hand, graveyard and library for any number of cards with that name and exile them. That player then shuffles their library.

Those aren't too bad, finally spoilers that are worth a damn

>3 mana
Now THIS is trash

Instant speed "Draw two cards" usually costs 3U. This one doesn't cost you a card to cast, so bumping it by 1U is pretty damn reasonable.

Yes it discards to exile then moves to grave which makes it a different object in the grave than the card you discarded. Basically because it makes a stop in exile first it doesn't work.

>Madness specifically says "discard to exile".
Yeah, and, while it's in exile, it's a card that you discarded. However, you then either cast it or move it to your graveyard. Either way, it changes zones, and is now a new object.

Memory seems pretty good. Time Reversal that doesn't exile that you cast from your graveyard? Plus it's stapled to a non-creature Venser that can't hit lands.

Aftermath (you cast from graveyard, then exile)

Fair enough. I guess it being a ramp card too helps justify it

Oh apparently I can't RTFC.
But that's still not bad.

Great, a couple of actually playables out of the shit new mechanic and frame.
This means that people will play them, Wizards will ignore the negative feedback because people play them, and they're gonna continue to make shit decisions in the future.

EDH / 10
It's gonna be an auto-include in literally every 2-5 color deck in EDH, both because it filters up to 5 mana into "any combination" and not just "any one color", and because it's Indes, so land board wipes and non-basic killers won't kill it.

Madness is discarded either way, it only passes through exile on the way to the grave, and you have the option to cast it from exile while it's there, but otherwise it continues to the grave and becomes eligible for Shadow of the Grave.
If you cast it for the Madness though, it is not eligible for Shadow even after you finish casting it and it goes to the grave, because you never discarded it, you cast it.

Even if you don't cast it by passing through exile first it's no longer the card you discarded, it only remembers being in exile then going to the grave.

Go ask gA he'll tell you the same.

This is ingenuity you retard, learn to count cards.

Also, Shadow of the Grave says "Return to your hand all cards in your graveyard that you cycled or discarded this turn."
It doesn't say they have to have been discarded from your hand to the grave, only that they have to have been discarded at some point in that turn to somewhere, and that they have to have eventually ended up in your graveyard.
So even discarding a madness card to exile, then putting it into your graveyard, should theoretically count.

But the card you discarded is not in your graveyard, it was discarded into exile
The card in your graveyard is no longer the card you discarded, despite having the same name and cardboard

Isn't madness an optional replacement effect?

It goes to exile no matter what.

White black warriors maybe? Feed Bloodsoaked Champion to it.

Where's the last planeswalker spoiler reeeeeeeeeeee

That doesn't even make sense user.

It's probably going to be a 3-2 block, since MaRo has repeatedly said 5 per block is the new standard, there was only 6 the past couple because they felt like it.
So Gideon, Lili, and Nissa are it for set 1.

He's talking about card advantage.

Jace's Ingenuity draws you three cards, at the cost of one card, so it's +2 CA.

Mind draws you two cards, at the cost of no cards, so it's also +2 CA.

That changed with SOI. The discard to exile is now mandatory.

You're really having trouble with this. From the Comprehensive Rules:
>400.7. An object that moves from one zone to another becomes a new object with no memory of, or relation to, its previous existence.
Whether or not the physical card was discarded into exile, the game does not recognize the card in your graveyard as one that was discarded.

Under the current rules, Shadow of the Grave will never return any discarded card that has Madness. They may change this with the Amonkhet rules update, but they may not.

I dunno. Purging a person's library of Heart of Kiran, Torrential Gearhulk, Dynavolt Tower or Aetherworks Marvel might be handy.

That's assuming they don't start the game with a Heart in hand and cast it before you can cast Disposses, and the same for Dynavolt if they go first.

Except that you have to cast Spring first unless you discarded or milled. It's ramp and draw 2 versus draw 3.

At least it doesn't hit only attacking creatures.

More edh stuff. Yeah?

It's not really playable in EDH unless you want to go Timmy Wurm tribal. Then it's perfect.

Invocation Attrition

You don't have to cast Spring and Mind on the same turn, however, nor is it fair to completely discount the fact that you can discard the card to fuel various effects.

I could see playing this in a very casual ramp deck with Where Ancients Tread.

Sandwurm Convergence

Art would be 100% better without that bird on the front and sightly zoomed in on the wurm.

Wurm Token

The last, unknown piece of Wurm art

(RIP Holaphel, we hardly knew ye)

Now this is good art

People are going to build the most horrendous and terrible X/G ramp decks in limited because they opened this pack 1

Other than that it's trash

Did they even spoil ramp cards in this set so far?

See

I'm guessing some sort of Wurm legend. Probably green with another color.

meh, the chances of getting those 2 rares together makes it too difficult to do in sealed.

Maybe Holaphel faker got it right except for the name and flavor text?

8 mana isn't hard to get in sealed. Looking at the spoiled things so far, the common/uncommon power level is certainly below kaladesh.

If it's literally just Holaphel with Trample, it's my chase rare. Xenagod Commander can and will fuck with that.

>not turning your screen sideways to read the aftermath

>Holaphel with trample
I'm fucking diamonds.

Rares aside you've got pic related and

I'm gonna build a Dragoncraft deck in Magic!

We got a practical 5 mana 8/8 trample
8 mana 20/20 trample doesn't sound too far off

I love when my wanky red mythics are cheap for a change.

Well, now...

Finally a new iteration of Time Stop
There is no better feeling in magic than passing the turn and when your opponent goes to draw you stop him and tell him his turn is over

What is the purpose of this card?

Ending the turn.

It's a red, three mana Time Warp, with a condition on it so it's not as easily abusable because it's out of color.

And lose the next one? It's almost useless.

To make Gideon even more obnoxious

So RW Gideon Tribal I guess?

>he doesn't know that anything that exiles or counters abilities can get rid of the loss part, making this a cheaper red "take an extra turn" card

This one lets you null an opponent turn

Think of it as a new take on pic related
You're supposed to use it as a finisher