sgiz.mobi/s3/db43d70dde08

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/
What do you guys think of the new downtime rules? More importantly, will you use them?

Kobold Dragon-Hunting Party

Casting spells isnt a good use of your bonus action?

4E was alright. The DMG has some timeless advice.

Bugbear circus troupe.

The most I use 4e for is more monster selection and variation.

Main argument I can see against that is it takes away slots for smite

What spells?

How many eldritch blasts does it take to down a level 20 fighter?

Looking for feedback

Claw, magical damage. Can be used as a ring of jumping. Can pounce on targets that you are hidden from or haven't acted yet in combat dealing 2d6 with an athletics contest to knock prone. Designed for a twf barbarian

Cloak that allows you to cast mansion/rope trick/something once a day to bring your party to a static travelers tent with minimal accommodations. Has no way to see outside, the portal is invisible but anyone can enter.

About 20 hits. Now the number of firings need to hit 20 of them depends on his CA. Which kind of fighter it is?

What do you want?
Is the pounce an action or bonus action?

Threadly reminder that a single orc fighting an endless stream of commoners will kill an average of 11 commoners before expiring.

If the orc is completely surrounded by eight commoners (something that's slightly unlikely), on average the orc will still take out two commoners before expiring.

So /5eg/, why haven't orcs conquered one or two settlements in your setting?

They have

based

I stole the elite template

Double xp, double hp, +1 to atk/dmg/savedcs/ac/saves. Works well enough as a guideline so you dont overwhelm the party with mooks and need something on the spot.

Shillellagh:
>For the duration, you can use your spellcasting ability instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of melee attacks using that weapon
Hexblade:
>when attacking with a melee weapon that you are proficient with and that lacks the twohanded property, you can use your Charisma modifier, instead of Strength or Dexterity, for the attack and damage rolls.
What makes you think they stack? "instead" is the word that shoots down your assumption.

>What do you guys think of the new downtime rules? More importantly, will you use them?

Well at least it gives a framework for crafting to some degree.
Only Smithing kinda got fucked.

I stole the fellspawn (iirc) and had them working with some Illithids, the party is gonna run into more later. Also have the devil legion guys, pretty much used the blocks for things like guards and veterans but gave them a slight bump since I don't expect the party to run into them any time soon.

Orcs actually took a town in my game. It worked out well.

How did smithing get fucked?

Rangers are a loose organization that moves on the outskirts to harass and try to keep that from happening.

It takes exponentially longer than any of the other crafts.

You smithed 25GP per day, now it's 50GP per week.

How do we stop this endless Commoner stream? Choke points and Cloud of Dagger spam?

If a demon is killed in Carceri, can its soul return to the Abyss to reform its body? What would you rule Veeky Forums?

We'll be trying out the downtime rules in our west marches style game. Not sure how the foils will work in town but we'll see I guess.
My group has been talking about the possibility of having followers to bring into combat like the 3.5 leadership feat, and was wondering what Veeky Forums thought of followers for 5e?

I thought all crafting was 5 gp per day. Magic items were 25.

I'm cool with this. A greatsword SHOULD take a workweek

I unironically liked 4e, and wish we could embrace some of its design aspects in a 5.4 edition that merges the best of 4e and 5e.

Probably not.

This could be the origin of Gehreleths/Demodands. Fiends killed on Carceri, whose essences are trapped, reformed as hideous monsters (even by Fiendish standards.)

It's gonna drag out combat, because to now handle the sudden influx of party actions you'll have to put more monsters into every fight other wise they will just get swarmed and wiped.

They didn't put the whole followers thing in for a reason the game is based around being streamlined as much as possible and the action economy in combat.

>Martial crafting got fucked
>AGAIN
reminder, anima has best crafting, all classes should be able to craft all if they invest in the skill and have enough monster gubbins.

Should clarify by they I mean monsters

Too much time bloat for combat. Summons, familiars, pets, and skellies are bad enough as is.

I'm playing a LE Warlock of the Fiend in 2e Forgotten Realms
It's around the Cormyr-Phlan area, and the party is composed of relatively fresh Zhentarim members.
Now the story is the return of Nalavarauthatoryl, the Red Dragon, and her will to inflict vengeance upon Cormyr with her army full of Orcs and Goblins and the seven Ghazneths. Thing is, the ritual to summon the Ghazneths involved children sacrifices, which so happened to include my char's 2 little brothers, which were very loved by him.
I was thinking of convincing the party to just sort of "let them fight" and move in with the Zhentarim to sweep the exhausted winner, but I think I can do better.
You guys have any suggestions for course of actions or tips about the setting? What would Asmodeus want me to do?

tl;dr: zhent LE fiendlock wondering what's the long game to play when a Red Dragon leads an army to raze a goody kingdom.

It has a lot of good ideas, at the very least. Matt Colville did a video on it a few months ago, specifically about taking stuff from 4e for 5e.

Then why not just go buy one? The downtime crafting rules are basically usless.

>being LE
>using factions
>being members of le edgy faction
>orcs and goblins working together
>siblings sacrificed
>asking what his evil god would want him to do

This is the best bait. Congrats user.

>Cormyr
i've already lost interest

Tell them all followers get a full share of XP, see what they say then.

>being LE
What?

>using factions
DM's call

>being members of le edgy faction
DM's call, although 2e Zhentarim is mostly a well-organized mercenary faction from what I could grasp so far

>orcs and goblins working together
Your problem is with the FR writers then, not with me or the DM. This shit is 200% canon

>siblings sacrificed
Welp, he wanted us to get emotionally invested in the story. It wasn't cheap at all, since the catch is that our initial job was to transport a cargo, which, unbeknownst to us, contained the kids. So we led them to their deaths etc.

>asking what his evil god would want him to do
I honestly fail to see the problem.

Now, are YOU baiting me?

What's wrong with Cormyr? I'm not all that familiar with it.

>his character doesn't forge his own weapons out of a sense of self-reliance
>he treats his equipment as merely tools, rather than part of himself

Remember, the R in RPG stands for roleplaying.

No, the R stands for Role.

Cormyr is the whitest of all white bread. In a setting that people already erroneously claim is boring and standard, Cormyr is the most boring and standard. In fact, Cormyr is the entire reason Forgotten Realms gets such a bad rap; it's a world full of all sorts of cultures largely informed by the real world with a variety of twists on them, but everyone winds up playing each of them, be it Amn, Tethyr, Thay, Chessenta, Damara, or Turmish like it's stock-ass medieval England.

sh-shut up

>not Roll

I thought the R standed for rolling (for stats)

Oh, I see. Guess I can only hope the DM spices it up then.

Thanks for the input

It originated from the older editions, where you played a role (fighting man, magic-user, thief) and you stuck to that role. Younger gamers might think it's roll because of so much muddling of archetypes (hell, bards were often banned because they were fighters who could steal shit and cast magic). That's not to say that mixing archetypes is a bad thing though.

t. grognard

whats a good magic item to toss to a life cleric? i am running SKT and handing out the groups first magic items, around level 5/6 (from the quest npcs).

currently going to give the barb some sort of minor magic weapon, mac-fiurmidh's cittern to the bard, robe of useful items with some good spell scrolls to the warlock, though im not sure what to give the cleric.

suggestions? i was thinking maybe a rechargeable keoghtom's ointment, but i feel like that doesnt really do anything special for him.

is this the dumbest looking 1E dragon

>Putting themself in range to be killed
>When they can shove you to the ground and then kick you 5ft away in the dirt so that you can't attack them as they walk away

Or, heck, if you're prepared to lose one peasant a round, they could either all run away because you only have one reaction after shoving you prone instead of prone AND 5ft.

No shield proficiency, just medium.

Wait until the druid takes a level of monk / barbarian. Extra AC.

Wasn't Cormyr some sort of 1984-ish kingdom at some point? With the Purple Dragon Knights serving as a sort of holy inquisition / secret police?

Mundane crafting was 5 gp per day, the 25 gp per day was for magic item crafting in the DMG. A workweek is 5 days, so now you craft 10 gp per day. Mundane crafting is twice as fast using the downtime UA than the PHB.

Get the life cleric to write a list to santa and pray he gets it in his stocking. He can decide for himself.

I mean, you're literally playing santa.

a blood red candle. When lit, it casts a faint glow, that looked at out of the corner of your eye appears red. The glow extends 60 feet. When the candle burns, the red wax dripping down its side resembles blood exactly, and a coppery smell fills the air.

When the cleric would roll to heal a creature, he or she can choose to roll an additional die of the type called for by the healing rule or spell used. If the cleric does so, one creature within the light of the candle loses hitpoints equal to the result of the extra die, and another creature within the light of the candle gains that many hitpoints.

A Ring of Healing Spells Storing
for when you really need to heal a nigga but don't want the warlock to be envy of your item

What draws the line between "well built character" And munchkin?

People earlier in the thread were talking about polearm master quarterstaff paladin

How do you not come off as "that guy" doing 1d6+2d8+3+2 / 1d4+2d8+3+2 in one turn at level 2?

>He doesn't play roleplaying roleplaying games

Well, you're playing a martial, so nobody can seriously accuse you of munchkin-ing with that.

You mean roleplaying playing games?

>when the Shadow Monk gets an immovable rod

No, that would be an RPG. He plays an RRG.

I play exclusively martials and get constantly shit on by one dude for being a munchkin in 3.5, im about to start my first 5E with the same guy so im trying to avoid it

If he manages to stop needing to breathe, can he teleport to the moon?

He's retarded. Optimize to your hearts content, because it won't ever be truly optimal until you switch to a bard or wizard.

a) the vacuum would kill him irrespective of breathing as all the gasses in his body boil out and his blood stops pumping
b) it would take many, many years as the moment he leaves the atmosphere and stays in place on the rod, the planet and moon should shoot away from him as he's stuck in place but they continue to revolve around the sun; this would also place him in direct sunlight (where he'd melt assuming he was 1 AU) and unable to teleport further, meaning he'd only manage a few teleports every year when the planet swings back around and shades him

>implying the sun isn't just a hole to the plane of fire
top kek

So what does he play as?

Oh you were serious, I thought we were starting the shitposting early, gif related

>activating an immovable rod doesn't root you to a spot while the planet keeps rotating, whipping you a mile and a half before you can disengage it
>nor does it suddenly yank you 111 miles into space or through solid ground before you can do the same due to the planet flying around the sun

That's actually true in Forgotten Realms but it doesn't change anything.

>planet

Look at this globist..

Any build that involves polearm master or crossbow expert is pushing it in my book. Those feats are awful.

I've always wanted to do this to players. With subtle warnings beforehand of course. But I know they'd end up weaponising it.

>9% chance to shove a proficient fighter
>Lose 1 peasant a round on reaction
>Intentionally moving peasants into melee range
>Deal 0 damage
I don't understand what you think you can accomplish with this.

It was just the easy way to debase the argument. Check The Rod's reference point is clearly the earth

Casters/ranger. He tries really hard to avoid the big dumb melee guys in anything he does.

>playing exclusively martials in 3.5
>get accused of being a munchkin

What kind of fucking retard is accusing you? 3.5 is infamous for shafting martials at every turn. The only martial that can even be remotely munchkin-y is Barbarian because of some busted splats they got, but even then it's not as good as most casters.

Disregard, , he's retarded

1. In a universe where an immovable rod exists and remains stationary in the earth reference frame, two things are possible: Either the earth is stationary, or the immovability of the rod is dependent on the reference frame it is in. That is to say, the immovable rod actually does move in every reference frame but the earth's (and reference frames closely aligned with the earth's). In the second case, it isn't clear if the immovable rod would change reference frames to the moon, or when it would do so).

The big problem to consider is that the moon would cast light in most situations, preventing teleportation the majority of the time. You would only be able to teleport at night, during a new moon, a very small percentage of the time. I don't think monks even live long enough normally to make that journey.

Vaccum survival is less of an issue. Obviously you could make a suit, but the problem there is finding a way to get oxygen to the suit. Or just take appropriate levels in spellcasting to get water breathing, control water, and a decanter of endless water (to replenish your deoxygenated water with oxygenated water). As long as the human body doesn't have any air in its lungs, it can survive exposure to a vaccum for a few minutes. If the human did inhale (to hold its breath) before being exposed, it would experience a mild chest explosion.

Of course, if you have levels in those spells, you can just cast flying and teleportation spells, using the immovable rod to save your progress as you take a long rest, so I guess this is just a long post to say Monks drool, wizards rule.

all that was is basically "I'm a charge GOD" that's it. It is like tier 3.

It would instantly break its own 8,000 pounds of force limit due to air pressure.

But let's assume people keep making rods that don't have this limit. The first time this happens, it flies away or straight through the planet and hangs in space forever until next year, where it definitely carves a path right across the globe, spewing debris and the contents of the planet's core everywhere. Every year there is a meteoric impact somewhere on the planet followed by a massive explosion several seconds later on the other side. Per rod.

That's actually RAW from the DMG. Why should players get more XP for making the fight easier?

Shadow Monks only need dim light which is all even the brightest full moon can provide, up until you're much closer to it. You have all-night teleportation until you're no longer hidden from the sun by the planet, regardless of what the moon is up to.

The Earth does not cross the same point in space each year. The Sun is not stationary.

Well if they show up to a green dragon fight with antitoxins are you going to reduce xp then?

I agree followers should soak xp, but playing devils advocate to what you implied.

Apparently I've been living under a rock because I just learned what a "West Marches' style game is. DMs that have run such a game, care to give me a pro/con?

Yes.

Don't forget about the sun's movement, or the movement of the galaxy.

The sun is moving 20 kilometers per second, the earth 30.

But the galaxy is moving at about 360 miles per second relative to the CBR.

Antitoxins aren't able to deal damage, and they're not able to heal.

Thats retarded then

Punishing players for being smart and preparing for something they know about ahead of time is a dick move and you are rewarding them never gathering info on an encounter.

We're talking about D&D and crystal sphere cosmology. Planets still rotate around their stars but the stars themselves are fixed.

No. The "Star" is just an extremely upcast Flaming Sphere cast by some god because the earth goddess was feeling too cold

Implied? I said that it's RAW for followers to gain XP. It's an issue of balancing encounters, and making sure PC's don't become overpowered by cakewalking through encounters because they brought a garrison of followers with them.

Selune didn't cast shit, she reached out and snagged some fire from somewhere and burned herself in the process. The obvious implication is that she punched a hole through reality into the Plane of Fire and was then like "oh shit the plane of fire is actually really hot"

He's specifically replying to you saying making the fight easier should get you less XP.

>Played a caster in 3.5
>Accused anyone else of munchkining

Tell him to go fuck a cactus and play what you want to.

This reminds me of ME1's experience system, where anything you killed in a car was worth a small fraction of what it was when you killed it on foot.

So instead of killing anything in the car, I would pull over, get out, and kill it on foot. Which was stupid, and a waste of time, but that's what was required of me.

Way to de-incentivize your players using problem-solving skills or preparing for anything.

That's pretty much Gate

>Why should players get more xp for making the fight easier.
This implies a player doing anything to make the fight easier should be punished thus my example of antitoxin vs a green dragon which naturally is easier give they give you advantage on the saves vs poison (i think)

Regardless i still agree in splitting xp with followers, its just an interesting topic for discussion on when its right to reduce xp and when its wrong.

Is 6th level a good time to go from eldritch knight 5 to wizard 1? I'm getting really tired of making the same actions again and again, and I need some variety to keep my character interesting.

I was going to go ek 6 and pick up tough (bad hp rolls) and wait til after lvl 7 to MC, but a larger selection of spells is really, really, really alluring.