Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Funny Orkz memez

Last Thread
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf
docs.google.com/document/d/1xvgryrNiMFoLYiaX8o6Y-Q0q1GLRvwWnvbrSL7omZXo/edit?usp=sharing

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

PLASTIC SISTERS ARE NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

Who preps the bull in 40k?

I bet Slaaneshi cultists have something similar to japanese Idols. Untouchable innocents, completely uncorrupted, that are paraded around to look upon, then utterly corrupted in some kind of grand ceremony.

You need to be cleansed with fire.

nth for the best legion!

From Iron, cometh Strength.

From Strength, cometh Will.

From Will, cometh Faith.

From Faith, cometh Honor.

From Honor, cometh Iron.

This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so

The minotaurs, obviously.

But I've been playing sisters since witch hunters.

I'm just not stupid enough to think GW are ever going to do anything with them.

Stuck /hhg/ back up again, for those who care.

What we need:

Female marines.
Plastic sisters models.
Pregnant Banshee models.

Anyone who thinks plastic sisters are coming any time this year is a delusional newfag.

Been gone a while, I guess we all just agreed no duncan?

Also, Fires of Cyraxus was canceled because of 8th.

>thinks animu is better
This thread needs to go into the same cesspit as /pfg/.

I feel like people have been saying "Plastic Sisters in a few months for sure this time" for as long as I've been playing this game.

Duncan is animu?

They've been saying the models are made and GW are sitting on them for a fucking decade.

They have. When everyone was getting plastic troops in 3rd/4th, we were metal. When the 5th Codex came out, we were totally getting plastic for sure this time. Then, when the 6th Codex dropped, GW made a big Facebook stink about it and were were without a doubt getting plastics. Then last year, several rumor lingers confirmed plastic sisters in December/Q1 and then quickly realized they were wrong.

w-whats wrong with duncan?

they are the one army GW has completely abandoned and shit on, even the dark eldar were treated better. Fuck. This. Shit.

>one army

>cryingsquat.jpg

This thread, you mongrel dog.

>25 years ago
Let it die, user.
Squat jokes aren't funny anymore, especially after they didn't virtually bring them back in 40k AND AoS.

Good. I'm so tired of hearing so SOBabies crying about their unsupported army... unless you've been playing since the 90s you knew what you were getting into when you picked them up.

I hope GW just squats them.

>tfw haven't played since 3rd/4th edition
>go to GW for nostalgias sake
>somehow even more expensive

Christ

Just postponed. Why would they release an IA that would be outdated 4 months later?

I remember when Agents of the Imperium was announced, but not the details and the SoB and GK players had a collective stroke.

Well, I've been playing them since codex witch hunters, so...

Only 14dchan memesters like the squats

How would you make a better DG list?
not fluffier

Why does the guardswoman have man-hands?

Speaking realistically, the squats could've been done well, and they could've survived into current 40k in a somewhat badass faction, however, current 40k would likely have had them as an abhuman, because xenos are scum. It was a missed opportunity, but they'll never be introduced or regained now because it's too much hassle for too little reward.

Probably because seh's a warrior and you don't have femenine hands in a battlefield

Same reason her flamer appears to have been sat on by an orgryn. Perspective is hard u guise.

Your hands don't get bigger from training and exertion.

Man-hands are really popular on Cadia. Big hands on woman is sexier than ass&tiddies.

trannies in the 41st millenium keep quiet or get commissar'd.

Question. If I have a Librarian using the Endurance Blessing from the Biomancy discipline on a tac squad, it gives them a 4+ FnP, Eternal Warrior, and Relentless. Does that mean they could still get a FnP against something like a Battle Cannon (Str 8 Ap 3), even when it would ignore their armor save, due to having Eternal Warrior and them being unable to be instant killed by weapons that deal damage double to their toughness?

I believe the wound still counts as Instant Death for FNP checks. Eternal Warrior just prevents you from actually dying from it.

That's what I'm confused about. FnP only would work in the case that it wouldn't cause Instant Death but the whole point of Eternal Warrior is to prevent ID. The BrB hasn't told me shit thus far so I'm a bit stuck. Thus, here I am. Thanks for the input though. If nobody else has answers this is probably how I'll end up treating it.

ID still negates FnP, EW just counters the "instantly reduce wounds to 0 and remove" quality of Instant Death, it doesn't remove it entirely so it still counts as a wound with the Instant Death special rule for the purposes of negating Feel No Pain.

Let's compromise!

Impressed by the Sisters of Battle, Gulliman makes them Honorary Space Marines. Sisters the faction are now squatted but you can take them as a troops alternative to scouts.

How angry is everyone?

Fury of ten thousand angry gods.

#
Try not to play against Tau when you're new, it'll skew your perception of what is and isn't broken. By the time you have a list that can beat a tau opponent, you'll be using your own form of cheese, and shitting on codexes that aren't in the top 3, ruining their fun.

It's insanely easy to be well above average with tau, and an experienced player can make a list that sounds beatable on paper, but you never actually had a chance against.

Also, tau players like to talk about their weaknesses, and give "tips" how to beat them, but it's mostly just bullshit as their weaknesses are all covered by special rules. In reality they are just trying to make you think you're playing wrong against a tactical genius, when they are actually just playing an easy-mode army with no real weaknesses.

>an entire faction is scrapped
Oh no i'm just peachy, i'm forced to play a whole new army and take my old army as buttmonkeys, but i'm grand.

What are the bottom tier codexes these days anyway? Orks, Nids, deldar and sisters?

How to fix 40k:

They introduce a new unit type

The Scenerymancer

He summons scenery

And Necrons. They really need a buff.

Get out.

Two friends and I are playing the Taros Campaign and I'm in charge of the Guard. Anyone got tips for fighting the Tau, particularly in the mission where Guard only get 800 points and the Tau get 1500?

When I started playing something like 90% of my games were against the same Tau player (roommate). I play CSM and every game was remove my models for two turns and then finally get tabled turn three. I even tried digging into different armies to beat him with, IG failed to out shoot him and Iron Hands got turned to past just as easily as my CSM. Another friend just got into Orks and dear god is it a different game. Being able to actually stand out in the open without losing entire squads to rapid firing pulse rifles has made me so much happier.

Unfortunately I used all the survival tactics I had learned from fighting Tau against him, it was a blood bath. I have to get used to playing against normal armies now, especially since we're joining a big 40k group in the city. Sadly I don't think I'm ever going to get the bitter taste of losing to Tau for literal years out of my mouth.

What are some ways to give a cerastus acheron knight outflank?

Ideally of the renegade/chaos flavor, but other methods welcome.

It is not possible to win that.

>When I started playing something like 90% of my games were against the same Tau player
>I play CSM
Are you me?
I even ended up writing my custom warband's fluff to be that they operate near tau space and really really really hate tau.

What should I make the primary force for this?
I'm working toward 1850, Greyfax will join the DCA to deny overwatch as well as the tax libby

I just gotta hold three tuns and get fearless 6 inches from my supply crates I'm guarding during the ambush. If I can at least die slowly it shouldn't be too bad.

Iron Within, Iron Without brother

I'm sorry user.

You will reflexively tense up at the sight of tau for years.

>Then last year, several rumor lingers confirmed plastic sisters in December/Q1 and then quickly realized they were wrong.
partly wrong, we got celestine and her companions, who are sisters of battle even if they can be used by other armies.

I wish gw/forgeworld would allow chaos detatchments that have helbrute slots to officially be interchangeable with chaos contemptor dreads, which are way cooler. It would probably boost contemptor sales even if it would hurt helbr-ohmygod thats why isn't it, those bastards!

>12 Death Cult Assassins, 5 Crusaders backed up by a priest jumping out of an assault flyer

10/10 would shit pants.

The unreleased models were cool with mini missile pods etc a lot like tau now but bulkier

Who buys Helbrutes when you can pick the one from DV up on ebay for £7? Buy a weapon swap for £3 and you're done.

8th edition cant come fast enough

>Make the rules simpler
>reset the fluff so its easier to get into
>triggers the grognards so hard they leave the hobby

Cant fucking wait I need it now

What is inflation?

Anyone care to rate my list? I feel like it's a good balance of units, I really would like a Psyker but can't figure out where to squeeze one in.

As soon as I saw it's profile I knew I had to cram as many DCA/arco as possible into the thing
Still not sure what I should fill as a primary though, Henchmen? IG for platoons?

listen here nigger, I'm gonna need some source on that

Get those platoons and heavy weapons teams.

You get points for each turn you survive in that one right? Take a bunch of conscripts and combine your platoons and throw a priest or commissar in with them. Run every turn at you opponent and get your tar pits stuck in there.

Never take heavy weapon squads, they're t3, so you'll take three s6+ hits and the entire squad will be gone.

Make it two meltas in the vet squad, you can only shoot two out the top hatch.

scrape up 25 points (I think?) and throw an astropath in the company command squad if you really want a psyker. Comedy option: add a master of ordinance too.

I don't know, I've found Heavy weapons squads do a lot of work before they do inevtibaly eat it. You just have to buff them with Volkovs case for those guaranteed orders.

Which scenario is that user?

I don't know about that mission in particular, but you have two ways to fight depending on the type of units he brings:

Stealth Suites and ghostkeels alike are directly countered by missile launchers with the "fire on my target" special rule. Take them in squads for ablative wounds and combine them. Take a Cadian Battle group if possible just so you have 5 senior officer orders and 5 missiles per platoon.

If he's got mostly Riptides and Broadsides, take the Steel Host and give everyone as many plasma cannons as you can spare. Behold the glory of 25 plasma blasts with preferred enemy Tau.

Sounds hilarious, thanks.

Mission 6: The ambush of Supply Column Theta-XJ-59.

I don't think I can get Steel Host at 800 points aren't the core formations required?

2 questions about this great man

Fugg forgot pic
Let's try again:
04/13/17(Thu)22:59:58 No.52689581
2 questions about this great man

1) Maybe but nobody knows when and there haven't even been hints he's coming back. Outside the ancient "I'll be back for the final WOLFWOLFWOLFtime"

You don't need the core formations if you want to take the Steel Host on it's own. So you would take a Steel Host and a CAD. But those solutions are not for the ambush mission; they're just general ideas for countering the Tau in the other missions.

>40k model
Why?
>return
No plans.
>colors for 30k model
Hit forums, or ask /hhg/ you mook

How do I kit equip chaos sorcerers? Just ML3 and familiar?

Cannot wait, user.

The grognard suffering will be legend.

On a bike with a couple spawn. You never want a 2W model as your warlord so there's no sense in purchasing survivability upgrades other than familiar especially since he'll be away from LOS and CQC. Some prefer him on palanquin but only if he's behind a rhino.

Im so glad this kind of stupid bullshit will be gone with the new edition

They're making my tanks less like tanks. :(

I'm not sure I'll leave warhammer though. It depends on how they play. Worst case scenario I know a hobbytown and might be able to find some Bolt Action players.

The success of AoS has proven that this is what people want.

wat

Fuck Perturabo, loyal iron warrior forever

How retarded is this list guys? I just want to play an Inquisitor and his boys.

I'm Night Lords, and he won't be the lord. My Chaos lord will. My Sorcerer will likely hang out in cover with my Havoks potentially giving them ignore cover/LoS or Heretech if there are fliers.

>5pts spare

>acolytes are 4pts

>Pregnant Banshee models
.....keep going.

That's actually a pretty

>...current 40k would likely have had them as an abhuman, because xenos are scum.
cool idea. Not sure what to do with it, but it's cool.
They have always been abhumans.

Without any transport, that 200 point melee beatstick will get shot to shit.

>This model is sub-par so you can only run it in this certain way or it will die before it even gets to move

Fuck you guard deserves them fist!