Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Rolled 5 (1d26)

Breadanon still gone edition
Custom armies still superior subedition

The XVI took a turn at being Death Guard in their Terran Mastodon, the Ordo Reductor gather fleets to help after the Genetors called for help with some strangely camouflaged White Scars. Rowboat took a turn at being the biggest social misfit as the Khan and Morty are away feuding. Custodes chased some of the Emperor's lost eagles and succeeded because Daemons can't hold ground. The chemistry of Ceramite was discussed as the last Transporters were decommissioned for new giant boltguns. All this and more in the previous thread >READ MOTHERFUCKER READ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>THREAD SPAMMING SHIT BAIT
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=l_XqLR2orls
youtube.com/watch?v=2qmS9iEWYAk&t=6s
youtube.com/watch?v=DJ9w9J7gfJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Word bearers are the greatest!

Best legion reporting in

I know they've been there a while, but what's with all the (embed)s in the pasta?

I Horus had slipped in the bathroom and died, who would the Emperor have made warmaster?

I just got my 3 old school 2nd edition rhinos for my Night Lords. What should I put inside/on toon of them?

Lorgar, the other primarchs would unite in their hatred of him.

Actually toying with going for them, grey or red...they really burst to the brim with conversion possibilities.

I habe to admit that these bearers that were posted here before have me inspired.

Seriously, some people do wonderfull things and slapping some plague censers etc on them would be so cool.

>Even in grey.

How did I do?

Praetor w/ Destroyers, Siege Breaker with the Heavy Support Squad, Apothecaries with the blobs.

I tried to make something fluffy, but won't get immediately steamrolled.

Feedback is appreciated.

Sanguinius, though he would decline at first and need to be convinced to take the position. Chaos would manage to sway him and you'd have a curbstomp heresy regardless.

Working on more green stuff conversions, I'm considering using this mech as a sort of proto dreadnaught after converting it.

Try support squad with flamers and Chem munitions. Shredding flamers means a lot of wounds.

Also if you're running the reaping, you can give the sergeant rad grenades for a destroyer-like tac support squad.

Would five in a rhino be effective?

Or even better... veterans with marksmen and chem munition combi flamers, and rad grenades for the sergeant. Blast the enemy with rending shredding flamers, then assault them with rad grenades for the -1T.

For Lorgar!

Guy you are playing against rolled Nova power on his Magnus and plans to deepstrike him with a squad of Sekhmet termies with Levitation.

How can your army deal with that?

Hard mode:No physical violence against 1ksons player or his minis.

Made a list based off one another user posted a while back, going more for something fun and fluffy rather than something thats gonna win

HQ
Valdor, gives everyone free teleporters

Elite
Haeteron x3, x3 Shields, x2 Paragon Spear, Solarite Power Fist
Achillus, Dreadspear
Achillus

Troops
Sentinel Guard Squad, Vexilla
Sentinel x3, Vexilla
Sentinel x3, Vexilla
Custodian x3, Melta Bombs
Custodian x3

Heavy
Sagittarum
Sagittarum
Galatus

2500 exactly

>want to design something thats fun and fluffy
>end up designing something that will fuck someone in the face

Is a firestorm redoubt with a magos machine spirit (making it BS3) a decent source of antiair in 30k? Assuming I have a heavy support squad that would be getting a bunker anyway.

shit really?
Thought it was the vehicles that were OP, what am i doing wrong?

>tfw to smart to conquer my homeworld

Well, I have my two 50-man Militia Levy blobs in my 3k list, so with a decent deployment and first turn move I should be able to shield my primary forces from the nova, since it's before he can shoot the blobs to clear a landing zone. Then hammer the bastard with artillery, try to get some levies into close combat to hold him down for a turn and aim the Myrmidons at him. He's casting novas, so he's not invisible, if he was I'd just have to go with the big levy tarpit.

Full militia/cult 3k list?

I've seen one comptently played before. They look really tough if done right.

>smart
>literally wage trench warfare with stones and axes

was he ahead of his time or was he just retarded?

>what am i doing wrong?
Playing custodes. Duh.

Well, yeah, rending & fearless on cheap models is going to be good.

To be fair it's not like there's any military problem that can't be solved by throwing tens of thousands of psychotic superhuman berserkers with melee weapons at it

Nah, it's just I prefer that brand of cheap fearless chaff to Adsecularis when my Ordo Reductor want scoring meatshields. I get more numbers, the Disposabe rule and some decent offensive output, but can't join the units and are less durable and flexible due to being 2x50 rather than 3 or 4x20. Mayber I'll throw in a couple Russes or something at some point, but I'm basically forced to only take Levies and vehicles because of Cult Horde and Tainted Flesh. Snapfiring artillery isn't much use to me.
They're fluffed as flash-cloned insane fodder with some modifications inspired by Xenos beasts they've exterminated, since that was a significant part of the Reductor and Genetor's role in the Great Crusade. Stage one for Genetor invasion plans is dropping thousands of those into enemy territory combined with an orbital bombardment, then landing troops in the confusion who have cloning vats that let them make a whole bunch more from harvesting the countryside.
They use pic related as models, with a few nid parts here and there.

Bumping my question because I've had another thought: if I put a master of signals with said heavy support squad, could he use his +1BS trick on the firestorm redoubt's automated guns if needed?

How are Custodes vehicles OP?

Okay fellow gooDGuys, am I doing this correctly? I don't wanna be a waacfag but I don't want to be shitty either.

As is I can't deal with AV15 outside of the chainfists (or a lucky shot from the lascannons), but I think that's okay.

It's a breddy fluffy list, only thing I'm not 100% sold on is maybe switching out the command Squad for some of those collass Grave Wardens, of anyone can report on how well they perform.

Rite of War: The Reaping
3,000 Point List

Praetor
>Terminator Armor, Chainfist, Digital Weapons
Terminator Command Squad
>Land Raider, 4 Bodyguards, 2 Powerfists, 2 Chainfists
Siege Breaker Consul
>Terminator Armor, Chainfist

Quad Launchers
>2 Batteries, Shatter Shells, Phosphex Shells
Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought
>Twin Kheres Assault Cannons
Deathshroud Terminators
>Land Raider, 4 Terminators, Rad Grenades

Tactical Squad
>Chainswords, Rad Grenades, Rhino
Tactical Squad
>Chainswords, Rad Grenades, Rhino
Heavy Support Squad
>Autocannons/Missile Launchers, Rhino
Heavy Support Squad
>Autocannons/Missile Launchers, Rhino

Vindicator
Vindicator

>Sisters of Silence Allied Detachment:
Oblivion Knight-Cencura
>Paragon Blade
Oblivion Knight Cadre
>Kharon-Pattern Acquisitor
Vigilator Cadre
>Kharon-Pattern Acquisitor

Any feedback is appreciated, including whether or not you think it'd be fun to play against. Thanks!

oh hey its my word bearers a shit!
really sad I never got to finish that army

Cheap fast skimmers with power of the machine spirit, high AV, -2 to hit in CC,and Flareshields, and weapons that can mow down units that matter and make mechanicum robutts go POOF on a 6.
Oh and the dedicated transport only has marginally less firepower than the heavy support tank, but more HP.

I'd give the praetor a scythe to let him really go to town. If there's a situation where you have to go for mutual powerfist instant death you might as well let a member of the command squad do that, so the praetor doesn't really need a S8 weapon.

Similarly, scythes on tac sergeants are amazing, especially as you've given the sqauds chainswords so I'm assumed they're expected them to see close combat. DG sarges with scythes will beat any legion sergeant apart from WS.

Angron was a garbage boy that got tricked into being a demon slave because his dad didn't let him die with his friends

Cool shit, thanks amigo.

You know anything about how well Grave Wardens perform? I like the models, fluff, and rules, so I'm leaning towards grabbing some of them and just deleting anything with a 4+ or less.

Wait a minute, you're the dude doing a full conversion heretek genetor army aren't you? If you have any pictures of your stuff I'd love to see it, listening to you talk about your design ideas they sound cool as shit.

What bits did you use for them? Could you also post more images of the dudes that you sold?

The Emperor shouldn't have bothered trying to save him. No Warhounds lobotomising themselves, one less rebellious and hard to control primarch to worry about. Saving Angron was so illogical you'd almost start to think the Emperor really cared about his creations :^)

>I'd give the praetor a scythe to let him really go to town. If there's a situation where you have to go for mutual powerfist instant death you might as well let a member of the command squad do that, so the praetor doesn't really need a S8 weapon.
Ño. If that's the case better give him a proper Paragon Blade, which may be scythe shaped.

Yeah, that's me. Sadly at the moment I'm in the middle of moving house so everything is deep within a massive pile of boxes three hours drive away, but when I've got a decent force built and here I'll gladly post some pics. Got a bit sidetracked by SW:A, too, so been working on a vanilla Skitarii squad for that.

Looks Like DW Knights Torso and the GW Cataphractii with the chaos spikes from the Chaos Termies

No idea, sorry.

Forgot to say, you may have been wondering why I claimed DG sarges were better than EC. Basically, if you're up against EC you refuse the challenge the turn they charge, then murder them next turn.

I'd considered that, and it's not a half-bad idea.

Oh well, thanks. I'll go for them anyway, just to fuckin cool.

And thanks for the hint about the sarges, that'll be fun as shit to make and model

its just the dark angels 40k termi kit + the B@C termis, you put the front of one on the back of the other easy peasy. You will have to shave a bit of the connecting pieces down but yeah simple. Was converting up the tac squads as well from the dark vengeance kit + Calth bits but never finished painting it all before I sold it.

Eh. I prefer Reaping Blow to Murderous Strike, feel the (often) extra attack is better than the (rarely-rolled) instant death, but what the hell.

and this is the lot. Shit I think I have converted and sold like 4 or 5 armies in the last 2 years...... I think I have a hobby problem haha

Fucking horrible, bin that 40k shit

He was having a dumb.

Angel's Wrath and go all flyer?

I'm not sure it's so bad. Haeterons, Achilluses, and Sagittarums are alright but they aren't the units that make Custodes scary. This army's small enough in model count that it'll be a race between the opponent whittling it down in shooting and the Custodes killing them in CC.

Valdor is a bit cheap for what he does, but it's taking multiple shield captains/tribunes with the shield and cyberfamiliar (i.e. rerollable 3++) that people get salty about.

I finally have some free time, so I started building my long dreamed-off custodes. A couple of questions, if I may:
- How important are Vexilas? I dislike their look on small units, plus the change for the bearer looks like it'd impact the team heavily.
- Infantry and Walkers only; retarded or somewhat viable? While their vehicles look slick, the streamlined, elegant design doesn't match the custodes' design at all, so I'd rather avoid them and the jetbikes.
- When it comes to the shield-captain, I kinda want to represent digital weapons and cyber-familiar on the model, but going for the generic cyber-skull is boring. Eagles would be an option, but all bird of prays from GWs line are either stationary (and thus won't work for a running tribune) or are absolutly huge, like the aetherwings. Any advice?

Those guys look like shit.
I mean, they're modelled and painted well. They just look like turds.

'Alright' is not the term I'd use for Sagittarum, to be honest. 'Overcosted', sure. 'Pointless', no doubt. Even 'garbage' would be fitting.
More seriously, you are of course correct. The reason Custodes are scary are because Caladus, Tribune, Agamatus and Coronus.

lol they are base coated..........that is it.

The hawk from the Deathwatch White Scars biker dude isn't that big. I'd also consider the eagle sitting on Coteaz's shoulder. They don't capture the "cyber" part, but you'll figure something out. Also consider something a little less common, like a lizard from the Fantasy range (no idea if there are any) or Yvraine's cat thing. Green stuff a metal plate like Tycho's for its face.

Custodes without vehicles are fine as long as you get the teleport transponders. Not sure you need vexillas, either.

>Play six full tactical squads
>There is no room to deepstrike

easy AF

Use the eagle Coteaz has? It's actually a cyber-eagle, too. Or failing that, a Dark Eldar Razorwing flying above him?

>How can your army deal with that?
It can't.

I still play him, have fun, buy him a beer afterwards And maybe ask him to tone it down the next time for comradery's sake.

Feels great playing with functional adults and not autistic Veeky Forums stereotype neckbeards.

The cyber-eagle from Coteaz, while a gorgeous bit, is huge and hardly very dynamic.
The hawk from the DW biker is a great idea though. Didn't think of that model. I think I even have the box lying around somewhere. Thanks.

Made a start on Bullock pattern jetbike Custodes.

What's the point of a lance unless the point sticks out way beyond the nose of a bike?

Wait, is the lance even represented in their rules?

Does anyone know a good tutorial for painting Imperial Fists? Yellow is a bitch and a half.

You're doing The Emperor's work, user. Looks great so far

It's comments like these that make me fear doing IF.

The official one has a power lance, I've decided to just give one squad of three guardian spears and the other sentinel warblades for visual variety.

By the way if anyone has suggestions for the nose of the bike I'd be thrilled to hear them. My initial plan is to Oyumaru and green stuff cast Sammael's bike's nose to get the eagle on it, but I'm aware that whether that works or not depends on how good my cast is, so I'd be glad to have a backup plan.

>collecting multiple legions

>Yellow is a bitch and a half.
So what, user?

Your mother is a bitch and everybody still does her.

Lose your fear, yellow can be easy provided the adequate recipe.

>Prime White
>(very thin) Yriel Yellow
>casandora yellow
>reapply yriel to taste
>Dorn Yellow

Some user did a black primer and some cool Zandri dust stuff for a Templar's look, maybe he'll help.

You can prime black too.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=l_XqLR2orls

Poor Knight user.

>not collecting 1 legion, mechanicum, and Custodes

FeelsExpensiveAndTimeConsumingButRewardindingMan.jpg

You need to use several coats, otherwise it gets spotty and you can see the brushstrokes. The worst bit is when you do the OTHER colours, since any mistake is much more difficult to cover up.

I just tried this method:
youtube.com/watch?v=2qmS9iEWYAk&t=6s
but it turned out terrible. Does anyone know if the "Cassandra Yellow" shade he uses even exists? GW has a Casandora Yellow, but using it like he did here just ends up as orange. Is the yellow shade he used out of print, or something?

youtube.com/watch?v=DJ9w9J7gfJI but with yellow instead of white.

More seriously, you have to choose between layering increasingly lighter colors over a dark base, or starting with white and basically shading your way towards yellow. The latter is less work. It's done less often for IF because the final effect is a little light for a gritty space marine army, but it's where I'd start.

First, paint a Death Guard marine. In other words, use a bone-colored spray, shade with Agrax Earthshade cut with Lahmian Medium (or any other clear matte base), and highlight with white. Don't have to do do the black parts now, but I would. Easier to touch up the edges around the black/metallic parts now than after doing the yellow.

Then slather with a yellow glaze (Lamenter Yellow is GW's). Redo the highlights. Yellow glaze again. You might want another final highlight but at this point you're probably ready to move on to the other colors (the blacks and metallics). The advantage to doing the black earlier is that you don't have to be as precise when you fix them this second time around.

I don't get this. Why wouldn't you invest all your energy and emotional autistic factionfuing into a single force? Spreading it out feels cheap.

Many thanks.

Because some people actually finish their collection and then move on to the next.

People 100% overuse Cassandora, it's meant to be a recess shade, not the "oh I'll cover the whole thing" method people usually do. Though I like mixing it with a little Agra for a good darkening feel.

Corax White is actually pretty great in my experience, just make sure to shake well and have a humidity

>not buying more models to fill out a whole company of your guys

Yeah, the spoilered but has me worried. Have you ever tried adding streaks of silver to the middle of a black splotch to make it look like battle damage?
I've been wondering if that would work.

Exactly this. I got to the point with my legion where I said "this is all I'll ever want to play and more. It is good." and then I moved onto Mechanicum. When I hit the point where I said "0010000 01001001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01001001 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101110 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01111001 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110010 01100101 00101110 00100000 01001001 01110100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100111 01101111 01101111 01100100 00101110" then I moved on to Custodes. Now it's just a work in progress.

But I already have two companies worth of marines. At that point I start something new once everything is painted.

Exactly that. I've hit the point where it's pretty easy to fix, but when I can't a little chipping work does fine.

Top-Tip is that the larger, flat areas of non-yellow are much easier to paint first. I dunno why I just do better then, plus the tiny splotches over get covered up.

Detail is just pray you don't fuck up, but once you get the feel of it it's easy as can be.

Just don't screw up =].

Actually base paints make touch-ups easier than they used to be. Yriel yellow, then your main shade of yellow is usually enough. You could of course do all the black and silver first while the rest of the mini is bone or white.

Wait I meant exactly this .

Wasting more time on an army that I'm content with only leads me to bad/ugly units I've no intention of fielding. @RampagerSquads

god I love this guy and the emperor's children post and pre heresy. thinking of doing a heresy era army what do?

I can always use more stuff to put in parade formation

By any chance do you have a picture of the finished product? This sounds like a solid way to salvage the can of Army Painter Skeleton Bone I just bought.

Otherwise I'm going with either this:
Or priming white very lightly and spraying Army Painter's yellow on top of that.

A techmarine with Rad Missile Servitors is cheaper than the destroyer squad (193 for 4 missile launchers at full range instead of the half range suspensor rig.

>This guy again

Just start EC already and stop edging, jeez

One box of BaC, a few add-ons for the Chest Aquilas and bob's the Primarch of the XIII.

well I have my 40k EC but im hesitant on HH EC since im finishing my eldar

Well, 30k EC are not cheese incarnate like the Eldar, but they won't lose you friends either.

I play eldar because I like eldar not because they are chesse my army is heavy on lore and less on waac

I can't paint white for the life of me.

I thinned my paints, started from a light grey primer base, but after a million coats it's still uneven and sloppy. The white has the same quality as a dude wearing a shitty white office shirt over a noticeably white undershirt in the afternoon heat.

Try priming white? I mean if you just want plain white.

What's her name, you unknown-name reaction user?

>Post-heresy Red talon scheme, aka it's backwards
>Storm bolter
>Death Guard chest
>Masked Zoidberg helmet
>Weird backpack vents
Is that a completely hipster sergeant?

Might be Scouring or 2nd Founding era. Would explain the purity seal and the Mk VII helmet.