Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1440: Fast and Bulbous Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52623659/#52625195
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-2.483115/page-519#post-32432884
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jumpers, what sorts of degenerate hedonism have you gotten into recently, and what brought you to this point?

Now that is not fair, lots of them are good people but its a cop show so you see mostly the bad ones. I want to be eitherva steinatler or a fuxbau, or however you spell the foxes.

Fuck. I was too late. Oh well, have this anyway.

It's pretty fun, yeah. Though basic zombies are only threatening in sufficient numbers, and pretty much never to Exalts.

Other examples of what Exalted necromancy can do are...

The Birth of Sanity’s Sorrow (BoSS) spell, which transforms you into a powerful monster-ghost form if someone strikes an incapacitating blow to you, requiring them to kill that too. You return to your original shape if you survive the fight.

You could pull out your own Hun soul (the animalistic, physical part of the two-part souls in Exalted), and bind it as hungry ghost to obey you.

Teleport through a mirror to any other mirror you want (getting either a specific one you know of, or the closest to the location you want to go), though it shatters both mirrors.

And they can summon the claw of a giant undead creature, making it burst out of the ground, to use as a throne. Gives magical bonusses too, enhancing intimidation, persuasion, and perception of true motives or lies.

Got a lot of directly harmful spells too, like Flesh-Sloughing Wave. Which pulls double duty in washing away the flesh of living vict- enemies, and turning your own rotting zombies into mostly-clean skeletons.

And of course they can summon and bind ghosts or hekathonkires (ghost-behemoths).

>Maybe - though there're Earth Aspected houses that didn't spring from Mnemon's loins, and you could always be a random Earth in a house of Fire or whatever.
True. But Mnemon and her mother are some of those with the purest breeding, so I thought it to be likely that I'm atleast close to them with Legendary and matching aspects

Not necessarily a Mnemon though...

>Besides, Dynastic family trees are pretty tangled... given their long lives, I assume there's a point of separation where they just stop caring.
...Fair.

Jumpers! Who is your favorite companion?

Stupid question in God of Highschool, if I take Special Human then beat Original Greed then eat him using my own Greed would I get the powers he had, or would it just not work?

What can I do to be able to diplomance or apply my charisma against other people in combat?

Generic Sugar Bowl got me into the habit of bathing in chocolate and caramel.

Val should be on in a few hours. Just wait and ask her.

My digimon partner is lillithmon. Im a 4 thousand year old jumper. She corrupted me.

Be a sorcerer from dnd or apply liberal doeses of stun seums so the must listen. Or be a siren.

writer me managed to crystalize the concept of energy and snort it. Then they gave it to Cu Chulainn. Guess what happened. also writer me smokes a lot. Hans Christain Anderson yelled at them over how we trashed the warehouse.

Val only went to bed a few hours ago, it'll be a while yet before she hops back on.

Pretty sure exalted Has charms for that

Doublecross Ouroboros Renegade Absorption power does it mean that if I eat one of the Overed enough times I can unlock all the perks their strain has?

So here's a perk.

600 CP- The Power of Unity

But as he completes the mark and reaches for me, putting his hand on Shahar’s to brace himself so that he can lay the sigil in place, something happens. I reach up, my hands covering Shahar’s and Dekarta’s, and there is a flicker of something, like lightning, along their skins.

There is a blurring. White lines, like the streaking of comets, run through the shapes of our flesh. It is like before, the watching-me realizes—like the time of our oath, when we touched and they made me mortal. But this is different. This time, when the power comes, it is not a wild concussion. There is a will at work: two wills, with one purpose. Something bursts within me and is funneled to a fine point.

We became We.

You have the greatest power of all in this world. The power to wield magic and power together. You may pool your powers with others, and as long as you are in direct physical contact, all of you, however many there may be, may wield each others’ powers freely. In this state, your minds must also be in sync. The process will fail if any of you resists, and the closer your wills are tied together, the more effective you will be. If all of you want the exact same thing, and agree perfectly on how to go about it, then your powers will be amplified accordingly, with each of you capable of wielding as many times your combined power as there are people working together. It goes down from here the less you agree upon, to the minimum, which is that if you’re barely allied at all, each of you still has as much as the combined pool.

Any and all powers may be shared with this. None may be shared permanently, with the link failing the instant any of the three breaks physical contact or even just grows mentally unwilling.

Tell me, overpriced? Underpriced? Wortless?

Shit, I included the quote. The first part is not part of the perk text, it's a quote from the source.

For what jump? This stuff matters, mate.

Is this undiscounted? If so, it's fine. Maybe it needs a price hike of 200 more CP or a mandatory drawback attached, but otherwise its fine.

A jump currently being made. Inheritance Trilogy by N K Jemisin.

Lots of fluff but pretty good, they can only borrow while you are touching so seems fine to me.

>>Jumpers, what sorts of degenerate hedonism have you gotten into recently, and what brought you to this point?

I've Coinvented at least three New forms of sex act with the wife, including mutual spiritual corruption,macro scale horizontal gene transfer, find the Girl in the Chicken spice* And magnet play.

>and what brought you to this point?

Keeping passion alive In a monogamous relationship older than most civilizations.

*the spice from Dune Cut with the 11 different KFC spices to stabilize its flavor.

For Grimm I was toying with there being 3 levels of Weissen.

1st level you're just a normal human who turns a little bit bestial. Other than more acute senses, there's nothing out the ordinary about them.

2nd level would be those that're clearly above human level, but not quite on Grimm's level. These are the vast majority the Weissen we see being the petty criminals that Nick gets involved with.

Last would be Near-Grimm. These folks are rare but they're often the ones that are the main villain of the week. Monroe, Nick's friend is at this level due to being a Bludbalt (wolf man). At this level they can hold their own against your average Grimm.

Grimms are going to come in two flavors. 300cp & 400 maybe 500cp version. 300cp version would be like Nick during S1. Fresh faced, still stronger & tougher than majority the Weissen. They also come with instinctual knowledge on unarmed & medieval weapons fighting. The more expensive model would be basically Nick after he went blind, deaf, zombie, lost his powers, gained them back...etc.

This level includes near unlimited stamina, super hearing, able to see in low light conditions, ability to hold your breath for very long periods & engage in violent clashes underwater without trouble. Basically pay extra to get benefits that Nick eventually developed. A Super-Grimm sort of speaking.

Origins, I'm not for sure. I know I want Drop-In, Police Detective, Royal, & Agent. Agents I'm not sure of, I don't think I can make them decent.

Drop-In would probably be based on Truble.

I was concerned the boost might be too much, so glad to hear that. The source is pretty crazy, though. One of the Protags has planets as friends.

Oh, hey. Someone left you some feedback after you left.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52623659/#52625195

Only useable while touchijg and nobody disagrees. That does not need to be 800.

Reposting the latest version for the new thread.

>Who's Afraid of the Big Black Bat?
Do what you must. I wrote the drawback with the idea in my head that a member of the Bat-family would still be in it, and not an independent.

>Just a Man
I feel like the first few words of the perk make it clear that it's referring to supernatural abilities, and not skills.

First few words of the drawback, I mean.

Sounds good except the super grimm part, I thought that was because geimm immune systems react to wessen poisons and such differently allowing them to develop better stuff if they survive getting hit by it.

Maybe that could be a perk, hell, is hexxenbeist gonna be its own origin?

First we held hands in the rain, then we had intercourse in the missionary position.

Does the "choose where your spell's will appear from" aspect of Cantrip Master only apply to basic spells, or all of them?

All of them.

Oh and I suppose tentacle sex but that's par for the course, really. Hey, user asked.

Oh, thanks! Working on implementing it now...

Alright, thanks.

Hexxienbest would just be another Weissen. I will offer up their spellbooks & witch supplies.

Yeah pretty much. At least you havent talked about wearing each other yet.

Hmm love in hell jump...

Sweetnesd thanks. I request an herb shop and an ancient language perk please.

No problem. Keep the requests coming, I'm not able to start on it until tomorrow, so if you want anything just ask in the threads.

May also want to give examples of what kind each tier of wessen has, like tier 1 icebeibers, teir 2 hexxenbeist, teir 3 blutbad or dragon.

Also what about those other things like the spirits. Aurochs man blood rituals?

So what specific thing in the setting are you making a jump for this time?

She only sleeps for like 6 hours.

Man, for all your railing against SJWs, you sure partake in a lot of SJW-targeted media.

That's possible if you're a Kamui from Kill La Kill, but only one person can be the Kamui iirc because it costs too much for a companion to afford.

Sweet lord.
Why is it so ~lewd~?

Yeah but no guarantee of her popping on the moment she gets up.

Grimm is SJW-targeted media? Really? How you figure that? Because its on NBC?

There are... other ways.

Like what?

Grimms not sjw crap. He meets new and interesting people everyday and then he cuts their head off.

Being a creature with no bones just wrapped. Or using each other's skin as special leather.

For minor shit like the rituals & stuff that only appears in one episode I'm not really going to bother with. There's tons of weird stuff that they didn't really bother with bringing back for more than single episode. I'll probably roll it up into a book, "Wessen Rituals". Good idea on the examples. I was planning on doing that.

Do we have other perks like No Sell from Tsukihime?

Grimm is about finding exotic, poorly understood beings, and then brutally killing them, because they're actually monster and putting them down is a mercy and if left to their own devices they'll destroy all the people who matter.
What part of that screams SJW to you?

Primordial from JLD and a similar perk in Seven Deadly Sins' Vampire tree.

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-2.483115/page-519#post-32432884

My wife and I met in Jump 60.

It's now 802

There's been over sixty-eight-or-so-million-years. I've picked up a female form, she's picked up a male form, I have shapeshifting, she's a fuckmothering vampire, I accidentally picked up a theme involving whips chains ribbons and webs, we've both picked up duplication capabilities, I really don't want to continue down this list because at the bottom is Double Cross and well...

You fokken tell me what degeneracy has been had.

To be fair, Nick only kills the baddies. There's a lot of Weissen that just wish to be left alone and haven't done anything to warrant getting shot to death or their heads chopped off.

Which makes Nick who's a cop & thinks as a cop first, a rare thing. His mother was the chop first, ask questions later. However even she came to be friends with Monroe & even looked after his son's rape baby who's half-hexxienbest.

>quoting Ursine on anything

have some fucking standards, user.

The Next Generation from SDS? Or that perk that lets you give alt-forms with a bite?

It's going to be okay.

Some item ideas,
Coins of zakinthos, masdive charisma boost, drives you mad if over used.

Grimm books

Grimm tools

Assorted weissen parts (dont ask) includes hexxen beist blood

A gun

A safehouse

A trailor that wont burn

A key with part of a treasure map on it

A healing stick

A old timey camera that records things true form

A motorcycle with optional spy gear

A box that makes it through customs even with things like severed heads in it

Ice beaver home cooking reciepes

A house

A badge

a paper saying your not crazy

>Double Cross

Did it involve the moon?

139. Super Smash Brothers
Background: 3rd Party Newcomer, Engine: Smash Melee, Weight Class: Light, Theme: Waterbending
Perks: Fundamentals, Unpredicatability, Disjointed Collision, High Speed Combat, It's Not A Glitch It's A Feature, Speed Demon, Slow and Steady, Shieldbreaker, Graceful Brawler, Tiny Titan, Gratuitous Cartoon Violence, Smash Platforming, Directional Manipulation
Drawbacks: Smash bros Vs All-Stars Vs Namco Classic Vs Capcom: Crisis of infinite franchises, Memorial Tie In, >Fighting Game

B= Octopus Style, Up+B= Rising Ice Platform, Down+B= Whirlpool, Side+B= Water Whip

I'm super speedy, 4 foot nothing, and I mess up everyone's hair! Otherwise, I'm trying to track a story of some sort and can't. We just show up, there are alliances decided almost arbitrarily, occasionally we fight. I have a lot of peacemaking perks, so I get in less fights than everyone else. They're aware of their pasts and the myriad worlds they travel through, but don't find it weird at all. The void between worlds attacked once, and a giant hand keeps trying to smack me around.

It's just odd, I think. Still, it's nice meeting old friends and occasionally beating the shit out of each other.

Nothing too unusual. Prepwork for dinner so I don't have to worry about it all day. Part of enjoying life is not spending a lot of time worrying about the little things.

Mostly sub/dom scenarios, roleplay and stuff involving the waifu and friends, prompted by the waifu.

That reminds me is there any advantage to being a Renegade being in DoubleCross?

Is there anything that allows you to absorb items like other items into your body? I want to incorporate JLD's Pandora's Box into my headbones. Could I use something like Aion's Armsfusion Crafter on my disembodied skull, assuming I don't need it to function?

... Checking the list I think we actually skipped over loli entirely.

Which is fine as aside from my shapeshifting I don't think either of us have anything for manipulating age.

... W-w-why-

FFFFFFFFFFF HOW

>There's been over sixty-eight-or-so-million-years
For what purpose?

Jump # 45 Exalted – Infernal
Cast Yozi: Malfease
Favored Yozi: Oramus
Origin: Drop In (0)
Perks:
*Name that unfolds like Lotus Blossom (0)
*Orphan Cub of the Devil-Tiger (300, Discount)
*Can’t Keep me Down (200, Discount)
*Beautiful and Terrible (400)
*Inner World (400)
* Sorcerous Initiation of the Yozi (200)
Equipment (+300)
*Crown of Thunders (200, Discount)
*Love & Agony (100, Discount)
Drawbacks
*Demon Hunters (+200)
*Heretic (+300)

Charms
Ablation of fire and Brass
Invulnerable wounding Futility
Pathetic Distraction Rebuke
By Pain Reforged
Hardened Devil Body X 4 (I am going to need this and regen here)
Purity of Madness Defense
First Malfease Excellence

(I know very little, I did the best I could, anyways out of curiosity how badly did I screw myself with this build?)

Journal Entry # 45 - 1

Wow I usually have to spend a few weeks in a place to get in this much trouble. It seems that everyone hates me, EVERYONE in this world, no exceptions.

So I landed in this ultra-militaristic archipelago filled with pirates and other not nice people. Seeing me being clueless (because I know nothing of this world) apparently someone decided I was a lost slave or more accurately their lost slave. My companions an I wind up in a fight… but wait theirs more.

Because of some weird abilities or something I am using I am glowing green with a weird mark, so a group of people start shouting that I am a demon and join in the battle to purge me. Well in a place like this apparently it doesn’t take much to turn a battle in to a giant cluster fuck because other people were dragged in to it and soon everyone was fighting everyone. My companions and I escaped.

Damn those demon hunters were strong.

(to be continued)

I haven't seen many other capstones from the jump, but it seems okay.

What is up with Inheritance Trilogy anyways? The Godling tree made it seem kind of high-powered. Is it like DBZ level?

Journal Entry # 45 - 10

So we had snuck on to a ship because apparently that place sucked and things seemed to be going ok (bribing the captian with a bunch of money was apparently the way to go) and suddenly magic Ninjas? Or Sidereals or whatever. Yeah anyways we are floating on an iceburg right now because a few of my companions accidently the boat. I think all the people made it to the life rafts. Also what is this BS with one of them attacking me without me even realizing I was being attacked. I need to learn how to do that. Though It was funny that he couldn’t get past my regen

Journal Entry 14 - 18

Fuck fuck fuck… ok now we have demons after us, Really Strong Demons. Hell Akitsu blasted the thing with something that should have obliterated an army and they took it like it gave them a bad skin rash. Thankfully A combo of Adam and Snowflame being absurdly bad ass and my buffing we were able to hold them off long enough for Tamamo to curse them with a curse of clumsiness which let us run away.

Journal entry: 45 - 54

Well I managed to capture another Infernal Exalted which is apparently what I am. To avoid a lore dump I was supposed to be a bitch of the Yozi wrecking the world it would be a big enough shit hole for them to enter because they can’t enter it themselves.

For sparing his life and starting to teach him how not to be a bitch of the Yozi he has started to help teach me Infernal Charms.

Journal Entry 45 - 104

Wow ok so some people showed up to murder me again but then got in a fight with another group that showed up to murder me… wasn’t quite sure how to feel about that but decided to run instead of fight because everyone around here seems to be stupidly strong; at least those trying to kill me.

Is there anything that would allow you to directly substitute money for magical energy? And I do indeed mean using mana to pay for things, not the other way around.

That's blackshadow111's usual overexaggeration. Based on what I could find on the author's website, there's all of three people at the level of "making love causes the universe to shake."

And the only reason they're at that level is because of absurdly special circumstances.

300 - UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!: Have you ever wanted your own Kraken?! This is the chance for you! One (1) lightly used STEEL KRAKEN, fresh (for a very vague definition of 'fresh') from the Creation Forges of Cyre! It bashes, it crushes, it coils! Set it to guard your waters and WATCH as it scuttles the ships of your foes and eats the faces off of any underwater sneak-thieves and spies!
Disclaimer: Your STEEL KRAKEN does not actually eat the faces off of its victims. It is only rated for salt water, do not deploy in seas of; acid, milk, petroleum, magic, lava, or other esoteric oceans. House Cannith is not responsible for any damages or rampancy this may cause. Should you modify the living construct, your warranty is void; alterations do not carry over to your replacement.

600 - Husk of Infinite Worlds: This dread... THING... is a product, a tool, of the mad Daelkyr. It is a fleshy, pulsing pod large enough to fit an ogre inside, covered in small, unnatural knobs and black spots. A creature can squeeze - or, more likely, be forced - into it, and then... Well, then it activates. Unnatural, astral lighting blazes forth from within, shining with the unbound promise of strange and alien worlds; micro-realities created inside of it, lasting the span of seconds before it dies and the next begins. This unbridled unreality has an effect on the creature within, and it is an effect that can be guided by manipulating the knobs and spots along the husk. Too often, though, the creature within dies shortly after leaving, bearing the scars of mutation...
The husk also comes with a small book, bound in skin and penned in blood, that covers a madman's experiments with the husk and its manipulation, increasing - but not guaranteeing - your chances of getting a viable specimen from the process. And encouraging you to shove the specimen back in for further refinement, though you can ignore that advice as you wish.

Mind control magic.

So... above DBZ level? Like Super? Cause that sounds pretty high powered to me, unless everyone else is like city level.

>Snowflame

Wait, is this Snowflame, as in the superpowered prophet of the Goddess of Cocaine?

>Azure

Not a bad location. Lots of water to get lost in.

Don't go north unless you like/hate undead.

But mostly, don't go to Skullstone because there's an Essence 8-10 Deathlord with "all Solar, Abyssal and Ghost Charms" lurking there, and that's just not fun.

I want it.

>City level

That sounds about right, based on what I read. I do need to find the actual books just to double-check.

No, that's indirectly via the merchant. I literally mean just using pure mana as currency.

Turned the Infinite Stratos Academy into my own personal harem. We had orgies every other day.

Hey if they want to be cock hungry sluts for the MC then they can be cock hungry sluts for me.

What is the actual name on the drive of the jump of the books with Abhorsen?

Not really sure why this would be different from using magic to create physical money or a loaded bank account.

There are probably entities that would be perfectly happy to accept a massive mana infusion in lieu of trinkets though. Not very different from the energy-based currency that some sci-fi settings use.

Otherwise... what would normal people do if you just give them a chunk of mana?

So I'm still working on Final Fantasy, and I'm on a home stretch with Items.

Regarding Umineko...I gave it a lot of thought for the past few hours and I've ultimately come to the conclusion that particular beast is a fight I wouldn't win. It's not helped by how headache-inducing the canon is and the difficulty of comprehending it, and that all things magic would practically need a lawbook's worth of restrictions or hoops to have some sort of balance (even internally!), or a huge index regarding what is and isn't possible if I didn't. Voyagers merely EXISTING is a possible Spark invalidation if I dropped the ball on that one. Witches alone are capable of too much for me to handle, and separating mechanics from the meta and metaphor is too Herculean a task for me to manage.

tl;dr Umineko too hard, dropping it like a hot potato. I'm not fighting a battle I can't win. My verdict from the first time around hasn't changed, basically.

Become wizards.

That's fair. Umineko is MADNESS. That said, I'm really looking forward to Final Fantasy and the Earthbound fangame jump.

Can you practice both exalted sorcery and necromancy? Well I imagine a Jumper can but I mean regular people,exalts.

Is there anything that allows you to modify enchantments? Like making the Sun Armor from GURPS Dungeon shut off not when I take a piece of armor off, but rather when I'm wearing a (specific) cloak?

Want which one, user?

100 - Magic Hands: The Houses are big on Magic. Their Marks predispose them to it, especially when one Mark is aspected towards security. Well, sod that! They're not keeping an "honest" rogue like you down! You've learned some fancy tricks to let you manipulate their spells of locking like a physical device, cracking them open with the soft whisper of dying spellwork or supressing mystic alarms and wards just long enough for you to slip in and out. You've even spent some time studying the work of House Sivis, and now you can forge their arcane signatures with only a little more difficulty than you would their mundane ones. Still, this is all reliant on your skill in the normal side of these tasks - so keep your hands limber and your mind sharp, savvy?

Well yeah the one in the same (the Young justice version of him but close enough) sadly I haven't been able to get him any real cleric levels so he doesn't have access to true holy cocaine (yet). Thankfully through imports I have been able to power him up quite a bit so he was probably the only one who had fun in this jump.

>(I know very little, I did the best I could, anyways out of curiosity how badly did I screw myself with this build?)
You're getting hunted across the entirety of Creation, and you'd better not try to go to Hell... So pretty screwed.

>Charms
Tanky build... Not really much else you can do with it though. I'd personally have taken a bit more of a general spread to start with (especially some of the Ebon Dragon's fantastic disguise charms, to help with being hunted down).

You can also add the Sorcerous Initiation of Malfeas charm on top of that, since you got that with the perk.

Also, hope you've got /good/ firepower to deal with your hunters from previous jumps. The Crown and swords help a bit, but they can only do so much against serious opponents.

Anyway, aside from those minor points, I like your actual build.

Did anyone actually not take Orphan Cub though? I feel like literally every build I see has it.

...Wait, the first demons gave you more trouble than the Sidereals? That seems kind of reversed.

>Well I managed to capture another Infernal Exalted which is apparently what I am. To avoid a lore dump I was supposed to be a bitch of the Yozi wrecking the world it would be a big enough shit hole for them to enter because they can’t enter it themselves.
>For sparing his life and starting to teach him how not to be a bitch of the Yozi he has started to help teach me Infernal Charms.
Well... Unless this is a bunch later in the timeline, he's probably still under the impression the Yozis are actually awesome.

They helped him at the lowest point of his life, and gave him Yozi powers, demon hookers, and infernal cocaine you know. They're great.

Dunno about him, the steel kraken is cool.

The other thing is too creepy for me.

Heather McNamara. To be fair, she's my only companion.

Shove ot into the 8 trigrams pot from journey west then use the enchantment to make one with an off switch.

The experiment tumor.

...Yeah, can I order these Krakens in bulk?

I still can't decide on my build for your Jump. There's just so many different things I want.

That's... a small Kraken