/cyoag/ - CYOA General

/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

So.

Let's talk about cucking.

I like this one, seemingly simple but really activates your almonds.

No, let's talk about Culling!

Vyora Arfaris

Class
>Sorceress
Attributes
>Str +++
>Def +++++
>Agi ++++ (+++)
>Int ++++++++++ (+++)
>Ski ++++
Blessing
>+1 Skill Point

Skills
Magical
>Catalysts
>Finesse
>Arcane
>Combine
>Barriers
Spiritual
>One With Nature
>Poisons
>Bloodlust
>Bindings
>Soul Spirit
Ethereal
>Indomitable
>Recall
>Pocketing
>Blessed
>Unleash
>Healing
>Wings

Monsters
>Arachnid 20
>Wolf 40
>Cerberus 70

Persona
>Age 5 (22yo)
>Beauty 10
Resources
>Library 20
>Alchemy 30
>Training 35
>Scavenging 40
>Map 45
>Bounty 50
>Low 70

Adventure with group more than alone. I can use Healing, Barriers, and Bindings to help the party. For fighting I mostly spam arcane bolt type stuff from the air. I can also make potions at the alchemy to help party out or to sell and trade.

dies to a bomb

>tfw piss bomber has the same level of memetic fame as omnilaw

Post succubus cyoa! Please.

Isn't OMNI-LAW, DEFENDER OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND JUST, more recent? I'd say he's less well known if that's the case.

Or just more cute/outlandish succubi. I was enjoying those.

Yes. Though he's still one of the three builds most anons know of. Minotaur Rapist, Piss Bomber, and Omni-Law.

Don't forget THE WALL

So how do you guys like the way Bliss handle the Cucking in the new MH?

The wall is omni-present. He exists across all CYOAs.

Arthropod, no apparent relation to any known creature.

Increased defense, Natural Weaponry, Regeneration, Projectile attacks.

Hard as fuck bastard, will crush you.

Great Devourer and Wherever I go, I must also rape. The two are not to be crossed. Why not, let's grab the Magical Girl team, give me a 'target'...

Let's see, for perks I get band of mooks for free, And I think I'll take Enhanced Strength, Vibration Blade, and...Freezing Breath, why not. I like cold.

Call me the Hidabrugarin. I will destroy all that stands against me.
Five tokens.

It's good. You can get 20 coins for free and spend them all + 5 more to get out. I do it in all my builds.

But I fly places instead of walk.

Yeah, I also do the same. It actually baffles me how many people think they would survive in the world after or during the event while also raping people and such, to be honest.

>implying piss bomber user can't just knock a hunter unconscious with a non magical wire trap, stuff a bomb into the guy's stomach with string mechanism and leave him out incapacitated and screaming for some bleeding heart healslut (AKA you) to come to his aid.

Everything is bomb angel, especially people.

>Class
Warrior

>Stats
Strength: 8 (4+1+1+1+1)
Defense: 4 (3+1)
Agility: 7 (2+1+1+1+2)
Intelligence: 2 (1+1)
Skill: 4 (2+1+1)

I pick 3 stat points

>Physical
T1: Martial Arts, Tempered
T2: Athletics, Willpower
T3: Enhanced, Sixth sense
T4: Overdrive

>Spiritual
T1: One with Nature, Bloodlust
T3: Fleet Footed

>Elemental
T1: Primal Power
T2: Affinity (Fire)
T3: Propulsion
T4: Cataclysm

>Ethereal
T1: Indomitable, Recall

>Bounties
Plains (Ancient), Glacial (Deep) = 90

>Persona

Exempt (25) - Too risky to go, especially in your first year there

>Resources

Training (5) - A must choose if you don't have any former preparation and you wish to survive
Library (5) - Knowledge is power. Since it has information about monsters and techniques I guess it's another must
Campsite (5) - Useful if we're going to spend days in the wilds
Market (10) - Well, I have to buy things
Map(5) - Useful, so why not
Teleport (5) - Although I can already teleport myself, it's nice having a teleport for the whole party
Club (5) - Discussing strategies can be fun and making allies can be crucial
Bounty (5) - Just in case I don't find anyone
Low (20) - No the best place, but whatever

My idea is to team up with people in order to survive and reach our quota for each season, and I would play the offtank role in the frontline realying mainly in agility to dodge attacks and simple physical attacks for the daily hunts. When things get hard my intention is to either use Overdrive combined with Willpower to endure the pain and Bloodlust to sustain Overdrive over long periods of time or use Cataclysm to become intangible, whatever suits more the situation. If we have a healer in the party who can help me to maintain Overdrive by healing me that would be really nice.

While you was studying the potion Chechnya-user was studying the pissbomb

Would you consider it bad writing for supernatural creatures in an urban fantasy cyoa to be completely immune to modern weapons?

IMPLYING HE'D WANT TO RANDOMLY HURT SOMEBODY WHO CAN HEAL HIM AND MAKE HIM POTIONS!!!!!

Naturally

Depends on how you explain it.

>Chechnya

You mean the place with the gay concentration camps? I can't believe they already killed 6 million of us. Horrifying.

How's it handled?

The pissbomb is beyond your comprehension. It is beyond all of us. Who are we to question the pissbomb's motives?

I hate you!
Example of a good explanation?

Did fake(?) SDA ever post their updated Star Dust?

Not him, but what makes them immune?

Mostly by removing the encouragement from "indulge in your darkest passions", if I remember it correctly.

Yes. If they were immune why aren't there more of them? There must be some reason why they stay in the shadows and this is urban fantasy, instead of "Earth, but everyone is a vamp/werewolf"

>has heals
>makes potions
>is nice
>is mega cute

There is literally no reason to want to hurt me. I will make it through culling with power of love, friendship, and Jolly Cooperation!!!

I'm not sure. Current idea:

Supernatural creatures have abandoned all logic so they can only be killed in illogical/nonsensical ways. Modern weaponry is the result of science/technology so they cannot harm the supernatural by definition. Vampires for example are vulnerable to sunlight. Why? Obviously that's because blood stains horribly and under the sun their messy clothes become visible to everyone so they die of embarassment. That's why vampires dressed in red are immune to sunlight. They aren't immune to embarassment though. This means the most efficient way to kill a modern vampire is to convince it the colour red is so very last season.

>Reptilian - lizardlike
>increased strength, increased defense, increased speed, bio lazer
>magical girl team, budget rangers
>enhanced defense, enhanced regeneration, gigantism, band of mooks (free)

Strength -very high/ extremely high
Defense- extremely high/ final boss
Speed- moderate

hard as fuck to kill - nigh indestructible. dont know how i feel working for an evil organization, but so long as they stick to saturday morning cartoon evil im game - coworkers are pretty chill too. been assigned to keeping the budget rangers and magical girls busy, dont really have it in me to kill them (assuming i can).

suppose i might as well remove some of the other more bothersome monsters while im at it - cant have them ruining the peace and all that ( i wonder if i can count that as overtime?)

So does this mean you, as the player, can decide to "abandon" logic?

>People actually believe piss bomber user would survive the culling and not get fucked over by the gangs of other hunters

Balancing is hard, so I'll be waiting on SDA to add the dreadnought-only contracts since I think that will help me balance my DLC. Back to MGSI.

So basically mummies can be killed by a bucket of water because fish live in water and mummies look like fish flakes?

That's a given. It's just an idea I'm working on but still.

Can I choose to die every time the moon shines on a Tuesday?

That would be an excellent way to kill a mummy.

Of course piss bomber user wouldn't survive the culling, the question is how many hunters does it take to bring piss bomber user down?

All of them.

I don't know.

Honestly, this is an idea I've had in my head for a long time. A cyoa in which fantastical battles are fought through wit and nonsensical logic.

I just can't seem to tie it together.

>I just can't seem to tie it together.

user, doing so would be logical.

The build is nice for shit and giggles but the moment he gets caught he's dead

qt

what shitty stats your monster has - its like a weak baby

>implying the piss bomber ever gets caught

So, I haven't had the chance to build a proper character just yet for Monster Hunter, but what exactly happens if you have Hybrid and Incarnation? Do you get to become some ungodly combination of all three monsters at once?

>Base Type
Mammalian-Humanoid
>Special Abilities
Multiple Limps
Multiple Heads
Elastic Body
Camouflage
>Drawbacks/Missions
Wherever I go, I must also rape
Infiltration
Nosy Reporters
Dark Hero
>Boss Perks
Nightmare Embodiment
True Fade
Napalm
Freezing Breath
Electric Discharge
Enhanced Regeneration
Shadow Step

that sounds like the most annoying monster to fight

It's his job, of course.

how do you plan on dealing with the dark hero exactly? or any other monster type target for that matter - you dont exactly have the stats for combat

An entire build built around not getting caught unless something goes horribly wrong or literally the whole world manhunts him (and it's debatable how well they could). "The moment he gets caught he's dead". Lolk.

Very carefully.
Turn them into the public's number 1s menaces by framing them for things they didn't do and try to wear them down to the point of them not able to fight.

My understanding is that you benefit from the three but you can only turn into one of them at a time.

But user the dark hero is powered and protected by plot and narrative causality, whatever plot and scheme you try to do will inevitably fail and your true nature will be revealed.

Fair enough. I'm thinking that with some burrowing tricks, the best way of dealing with the culling might be to be a little bitch and make yourself a secret den and live off summoned beetles.

>implying that wouldnt make the edgelord even stronger

dont you know that the hero being feared and distrusted by the people he saves is like steroid for plot armor

>Do you get to become some ungodly combination of all three monsters at once?
Sure, it's the logical consequence; but don't expect to get an answer from Bliss, he fucked of a few days after posting the update.

I will change the plot!
Then I will make the public love him. Wait, what if he starts to get powered by the love of the people? Shit...
Maybe seduce him?

I think the best way is to just make friends the rest of the year. Group up when the Culling hits and ride it out. Piss Bomber aside, no one is going to attack a full party of 5 or more Hunters. Hell, even soloing 3 Hunters with a balanced party would be difficult

Gawain the Incorruptible knight

>Class
Noble

STR: 3+ = 4
DEF: 3+ = 4
AGI: 4
INT: 3+ =4
SKL: 9

>Blessing
+3 stats

>Skills
>Physical 8/20
Martial Arts
Athletics
Willpower
Enhanced
Sixth Sense
Nullification

>Magical 12/20
Catalysts
Arcane
Blink
Detect Magic

>Spiritual 15/20
One with Nature
Monster Within
Killer Instinct

>Weaponry 18/20
Bladed Arms
Ancient Weapon
Stamina

>Ethereal 20/20
Indomitable
Unleash

>Monsters
Ooze
Fox
Strange

80 resources

Forge, Library, Alchemy, Market 40/80
Healing, training 50/80
Campsite, Map 60/80
No luxuries
No Hangouts
No house, living in the woods
No servants

The incorruptible knight with skills to take down any mage. Living in the woods and hunting there to meet Quota, with honed skills against magic and illusions even Strange beast shouldn't be too dangerous if approached right way and training for the culling.

>Arthropod
>Increased Strength
>Increased Defense
>Increased Speed
>Regeneration

>Budget Rangers
>Magical Girl Team
>Nosy Reporters

>Enhanced Strength
>Enhanced Defense
>Enhanced Speed
>Band of Mooks

>Strength: Very High
>Speed: Extremely High
>Defense: Final Boss

My form is that of a black bug-like carapace on a humanoid body. My main job is to be a distraction for the heroes - I stand around grandstanding while my mooks load up stolen tech from one of our competitors. Then as they're escaping I fight the heroes, and manage to escape just in the nick of time so we can do it all again next time Saturday Morning. More awkward is the plucky reporter who has started digging into the organisation. My bosses want me to kill her, but I don't like killing (and she's really very pretty...) so mostly I just kinda try to warn her off but I'm not very good at that.

your build is too weak in terms of plot - you make such a great midboss/ antagonist that there is no saving you.

your best hope is having a really tragic backstory and being "redemmed" post mortem.

are you me? - we should do a crossover episode! complete with cross promotions, think of how good that would look on our resumes!

Does anybody have/remember the CYOA where you build a dungeon?

It had a very simple but colourful art style.
You had the choice of classes ranging from warlord to druid.
There was like a minotaur farmland and food layers?

(thanks in advance)

It's been a while since the last time I saw him. Is he gone from /cyoa/?

the culling autists scared him off

I generally figure I won't have to worry about it because I'll die in the hunting seasons before the Culling. Everyone acts like the Culling is such a big deal, but you're more likely to get mindraped by a Strange monster or eaten by a Dragon.

Let's pretend I haven't been on /cyoag/ for about three months. Any good anime-themed (or just generally comfy) CYOAs I missed?

>inb4 good and anime-themed being oxymoronic

>Class
Hunter

>Stats
Strength- 4
Defense- 5
Agility- 9
Intelligence- 2
Skill- 6

>Blessing
20 Tribute Points

>Skills (20)
Physical- Tempered, Willpower, Enhanced, Toughness, Flurry, Sixth Sense, Martial Arts, Atheltics (12)
Spiritual- One with Nature, Monster Within, Fleet-Footed, Bloodlust, Binding, Killer Instinct, Poisons (5)
Weaponry- Bladed Arms, Ancient Weapon, Stamina, Marksmanship (1)
Ethereal- Pocketing (0)

>Licenses
Ancient Caves (50)
Sunken Ruins (50)

>Resources (120)
Forge, Library, Alchemy, Market (80)
Healing, Scavenging, Bar, Hot Springs, Bounty (60)
Middle Accommodation (25)
Strange Servant, Appearance, Attitude, Knowledge (0)

This could probably use an update. But not today.

>good anime-themed (or just generally comfy) CYOAs I missed?
So, you just want waifu-shit?

No user, it's ultra moronic.

I kid, you're alright.

this one is pretty gud

then help piss bomber user make bombs, let him industrialize monster hunting by systematically strip mining and collapsing all the hunting grounds up with explosives so everyone can survive the hunting season

Just so happens I'm a healer who likes to work with a group to! You seem kind of like loner, but if you want group for culling defense then maybe we could work something out.

there are non-waifu anime-themes cyoas out there, too.

Please, name them.

Or this sort of thing.

This one is based on the popular anime One Piece. No waifus to be seen.

Sounds like a good way to piss off the Master of the Hunt.

the fate one (i dont know of many anime themed ones full stop - but it happens to not be waifucentric)

The piss must flow.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. The primal power is the new culling bullshit was pretty infuriating

I always thought that if you hunted low profile monsters with a group you should be fine, honestly. Sure, Dragons or Strangers may kill you or even your grup but you should be able to survive hunting lower rank monsters.

>piss
Nice one.

Human
Slavemancer
Machine Interface, Fast Learning, Multitasking
Energy Generator(small), 100
Power Module(4) small, 200
Personal Shield Generator, 500
Stealth Suit, 100
Gun(semi auto sniper rifle), Energy weapon upgrade, 300
Gun(assult rifle), energy weapon upgrade, 300
Sword, energy weapon upgrade, 250
Communicator, 100
Basic information package, player database, 150
Flechette,

Now I just need to enslave a party, and get a pond scum to set up an experience sharing contract between us. Preferably the contract with the pond scum is used to entice people to become my willing slaves by ensuring their rights against me abusing them. But my true plan is pure genius, I'll force the rest of my party to do the chores, I'll gain experience from them as they resent me for not doing the chores! And I'll always have the best excuse, if I did the chores we wouldn't gain experience from it!

Good? Here?
There IS a lot of comfy garbage if you're into that.

What exactly is a High Monster Soul? Can't find any monster clarifications, but it'd be awesome to start with Strange so I never have to find the fucker for my spirit build.

>culling defense
best defense is offense, why not hunt people during culling?