XCOM ideas

So I was thinking of theming every batch of soldiers I order and gearing/renaming them accordingly.

Like a batch named after The Avengers, or X-Men (get it?)

Which groups would make hilarious, or effective, alien hunters?

Ghostbusters.

The gang from Always Sunny.

Stun launchers?

Power Rangers.

Ok but how to morphin' time?

No weapons equipped until after the first death?

Mass Effect

Theres a marvel team called the Skrull Kill Krew. They can see through Skrull disguises and hunt them down for a living.
Best part? They bbq and eat skrulls on occasion.

Gatewatch
Jace is psionic
Gids is mech warrior
Chandra is heavy weapon
Nissa is scout/sniper
Lili can be whatever is left

The Gang from RWBY works pretty well.

In Xcom:EU I ran
Ruby: Heavy
Yang: Assault
Weiss: Sniper
Blake: Support

Pyrra: Assault
Jaune: Support
Ren: Sniper
Nora: Heavy

I also ran a Fullmetal Alchemist squad of
Ed: Psychic Assault
Al: MEC
Mustang: I forget
Riza: Sniper obviously

The first one to die was Black Ranger on the first mission, a sectoid hiding in the trees flanked us, he was avenged by Red Ranger.

We called in the Xmen for reinforcements, used thr profits of the last mission to gear everyone up, even laser pistols were done so Cyclops was happy.

>notice a ufo of medium size just landed
>its nighttime
>all that juicy loot about to get away if we dont dive in...

Casualties included Gambit, walking around spaceship corners with primed grenades, blew 3 of the sectoids up with him.

Wolverine bit it charging down heavy plasma with a stun rod. He was avenged by Beast on the autocannons.

Blue Ranger and Beast died from unseen shots from the darkness, went fullauto with Yellow Ranger's incendieries and followed up with a rocket from Pink Ranger.

So far we did only loose 5.

And they were damn good ops, used the profits to accelate research, get two more bases, and I'm about to call in the guys from Ghostbusters, Always Sunny, and F.M.A...

For me, I did different YouTubers, or at least one's I'm subscribed to.

My sides

Going to have Frank carry around a corpse in his backpack, and everyone else clepto or sabotage the team trying to be selfish during missions.

The Primarchs

Kids Next Door

The Beatles

Get the Freeman's Mind Voice pack, run Gordon Freeman.

Able Seaman Salty McFishburger reporting for duty, sir. You are playing terror from the deep right?

I made mine named after Gaunts Ghosts: Gaunt, Colbec, Rawne, Feygor, Milo, Larkin, Doc Dorden, etc.

Dorden died while treating the wounded. A grenade got him and hia patient, Milo.

Larkin was the best sniper, seriously. High Aim, made shots that were 10% chance...consistently.

When I got bored of that I made GoT chars:

Danaerys was eaten by a chryssalid, Jon Snow was stabbed to death by a beserker, Robert Barantheon died from poison and a series of unfortunate events, including friendly fire from a grenade.

Pretty entertaining really.

In XCom 2, Lili would work with vampiric soulfire and some variant of the Gatekeeper's necromancy.