>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mEN8DnkANYQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that the downtime UA's magic item crafting does not require you know any magic, only that you find the formula, have an appropriate tool or Arcana proficiency, and get the secret ingredient for a given item.

you're gay

is this a problem? Makes sense to me.

No problem, it's great actually. More people need to realize this though.

I'm thinking of making a human eldritch knight what do you guys think of these stats:

STR 9
DEX 16
CON 16
INT 16
WIS 9
CHA 9

Top minmaxing.

>Not a strength based variant human with shield master who will spam Shield and Absorb Elements

Eldritch Knight is mostly good for pure defence. Most likely the best at it outside of UA.

>Sets up advantage for the rest of the group
>Is upset that he doesn't get to capitalize on it aswell

It's almost like they expect team work instead of wizards just doing everything themselves.

Well, I played an EK all the way through Hoard of the Dragon Queen/Rise of Tiamat and Int was completely useless. You will be using Shield and Blade Ward (I know it sucks, but with the EK's War Magic it becomes amazing, and you become a fantastic tank). Shield and Healing Elixir (if you DM allows you to grab it eventually) would be all you would really need. Just take buffs. Your damage comes from your weapon enhanced by your support magic, so you don't need Int. With Perception being so useful, never dump Wis on any character.

Homebrewed TW Fighting Style, gives a number of off-hand attacks (without modifier) as part of Attack Action that scales with number of attacks.

Let me ask a different question then:

How do I be a knight that shoots lasers?

I dunno. Bladesinger or something? EK's are 90% fighters and 10% wizards. You might have to just decide to be either a knight, or a guy who shoots lasers if you want to be really good either.

Here it is with Hunter's Mark and Rage Damage, assuming a one-level dip into Fighter or whatever.

It gets disgustingly powerful towards if Hunter's Mark is given to the 4-Attack Fighter via EK or something. I'll take suggestions on fixes if you have them.

Paladin, except they'll just come out of your weapon.

If you just want pure lasers and no melee. Light Cleric.

If you want super anime light show swords and super moves. Paladin.

First for there's warlocks more to warlocks than eldritch blast.

I didn't save the copypasta, but I really agree with what it said

he's an illusionist not a shitlock

Yeah I ruled out Paladin specifically because smite is melee. I don't know too much about paladin spells and I didn't check to see if they had anything else.

Pssha, He absolutely has eldritch blast in Avengers, along with Misty Visions. Lrn2Stat, Pleeb.

Light Cleric is basically a laser cleric and the new Starter Spells UA gives them a 5ft attack Cantrip that hits everyone around them. You can refluff it as a weapon attack if you want the melee side of things.

He was a fucking Trickery Cleric

he has no patron

Your 1st level one spell can be any of the wizard spell, so just use it to make your dream come true. Be a thunder knight instead, the loud noise will make you forget laser.

Eh, no more disgusting than a GWF build would be with Hunter's Mark on a 4- Attack Fighter. TWF does consistently start to do more damage though, unless the GWF is hitting with GWM on every attack.

GWF = 66 DMG
w/ GWM = 106 DMG

TWF = 76 DMG
w/ DW = 84 DMG

Seems fair. I'll just say that if your going to use it then you won't be picking up Hex or Hunter's Mark as a high level Fighter. That's the only real issue with it,

For Hexblade's Master of Hexes ability, when it says "you can use your Hexblade's Curse again without resting," am I right in assuming it just means you can use it twice? Or does that mean you can use it again repeatably with the caveat that effectively only one creature at a time can be hexed?

my gnome knows common, dwarven, gnomish and gobbish

sound good for rp?

It makes it at-will, but only on one target at a time.

That's a good fucking question. I thought it was whenever you want but it's worded weird so it might only be twice per rest.

Seems like the wording should either be "You can use your Curse again as many times as you want" or "You gain an additional use of your Curse per rest".

I'd rule at-will.

So, out DM had us fight a Colossal Red dragon he homebrewed up, since he had that fuckhueg "mini" sitting around. Now we ended up winning the fight (it ran), but it was jokingly suggested that the wizard have his imp familiar fly up its nose and start stabbing it from the inside. We didn't act on it, but it's got me curious; how would you interpret such a scenario?

>Who was Thanatos?
Have you even watched Avengers?

having a boss doesn't mean he's a magical patron
what scene shows he was given magic power directly by thanatos. by that logic lex luthor is a pact warlock of darkseid simply because he is under him
where did he use eldritch blast btw
i am asking honestly i dont remember him throwing rays at people
his backstory on the wiki says he studied magic so i dont see how he gained it through a pact

Ain't as bad if you half-scale the TWF, though then it becomes worse than GWF.

Going to be playing a high elf way of shadows monk, what cantrip should I choose and any good suggestions for personality/backstory?

minor illusion duh

Way of shadows includes that already I think.

Having TWF half-scale AND add its' STR or DEX mod to damage buffs it just enough to put it into the sweet spot between normal GWF and GWF using GWM.

Correct you use two ki points to cast it

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh
then take... hmmmmmmmmm
ummmmmmmmmmmm
i think..........
MAGE HAND

Does half scale mean someone with level 5 Extra Attack gets 3 attacks or 4 attacks?

Are warforged only UA or is there something published that I am missing?

It's actually at-will. The level 2 spells you get from Way of Shadows cost 2 ki points, though you get minor illusion for free.

Prestidigitation and Mending are always nice ones. Prestidigitation can be useful for all sorts of situations both in and out of RP, and Mending is neat for people who like to fix things.

Really? All it seems to say is you gain the minor illusion cantrip if you don't already know it, doesn't say anything about being at will but I could be wrong.

Seconding the guy who said Loki is a Trickery cleric.

what god of trickery does he worship

Thank you. As far as I can tell he'd actually not be any class but Trickery Cleric best captures his magical abilities and the fact it's a divine magic he's using.

Fighter X/Warlock 2. EB all day.

I'd say no

Is CoS actually meant to be a prequel?
Seems it has references to x that would later become great.

>divine magic
ah yes, know for their powerful illusion spells

Not every setting forces Clerics to worship a god. Plus I kinda feel the Trickery Cleric's channel divinity is literally based off him.

Trickery Cleric gets a clone spell as its class feature you mong. It also gets disguise self. The two main illusions we see Loki use every time.

I saw the first movie with him in it ages ago and all I remember is him making a bunch of illusionary copies of himself.

Can you kindly tell me what other illusions he uses?

Also I'd call him a Trickery Theurge.

Loki is so tricky he worships himself and it works

member his illusion in the jail cell, can the trickery cleric do that? dont know honestly dont call me faggot or mong or w/e i dont know, but i dont think so.

THATS MIRROR IMAGE HES A WIZARD DUH
is he wise, or smart? that should telll u

hes the god of trickery so his mortal followers are trickery clerics but hes an illusionist

Prestidigitation and mending seem to be good choices, as well as mage hands. I don't think any of the damage dealing cantrips would be worth it, though I may be wrong.

I'm not even going to bother arguing against this. I will report it for underage because the mentally retarded shouldn't be on this site.

Lets build characters around art, any ideas for this fellow?

What's the recommended multiclass for a Pam Sentinel pally and how early do you take it? The rest of the party is three wizards and a special so I desperately need to be on top of melee

fine i win
the only illusion spells capable of rewriting what people see all around them are wizard spells
so
no cleric gets them
maybe a warlock, but loki has no patron
so
he's a wizard
so i win
of course if thats not good enough we can step outside the thread

you can't specifically report for underage
fag!

Illithid edition? Finally!

I'm trying to design an illithid player race for an upcoming campaign.

I'm thinking:
>+2 int
>1d10 tentacle attack (explicitly no monk cheesing)
>telepathy instead of speech in a purely flavor way (no reading minds)
>required to eat a brain once a month (sourced that from the illithiad)

What do you guys think? More? Less? Different?

>I'm trying to design an illithid player race for an upcoming campaign.
just stahp

What?

Take magic initiate to learn eldritch blast.

Different, as in stop and pick something else

Start fighter level 1 for the con proficiency, get action surge, go paladin for the rest.

Please stop. Illithids eat brains, are kill on sight to everyone and are under the control of an elder brain

Just stop

off his 9 cha
hah
go back to finland

Not him and personally I think it's a silly idea but it is good to note that Spelljammer does have Illithids that can get along with other races.

They're often merchants and information dealers and would actually be an acceptable playable race there.

>THATS MIRROR IMAGE HES A WIZARD DUH

trickery cleric gets mirror image retard

SO DOES WIZARD

>finland

I dont get it

Recommended for what, exactly?
Either way, you shouldn't delay your extra attack under any circumstances. Neither Aura of Protection, that's the class' mainstay feature.

If you're taking the snoozefest that is PAM Sentinel, you don't really NEED to multiclass anything: just consider grabbing Resilient for CON save proficiency and call it a day, particularly if you concentrate on buffs a lot or play Vengeance.

A very powerful illusionist god would be like "These spells have served me well. I shall grant them to my loyal followers as a boon"
so
>Trickery Cleric gets Mirror Image, etc.
But the illusionist god who can rewrite the whole landscape of what people see is not a cleric himself, because those spells aren't available to the cleric. So he's a wizard, who grants his followers clerical powers that mirror some of his own. Loki is actually a god. Like the ones listed in the PHB. Why would he be a trickery cleric then? He worships no god, and he has no patron. He would never submit to that. He uses his own Int and Cha to empower his WIZARD spells. He grants some to his followers.

Cool, unless he's playing Spelljammer that has no bearing on this.

The only way to work it in is evil campaign, or players metagame the fuck out of it and don't murder an obvious abomination on sight.

The dragon sneezes in response to the irritation, then tramples the area. Wizard puts out an ad for a new familiar.

Not the user you are arguing with but, he's blatantly an unbalanced classles npc, so doesn't have to adhere to strict guidelines, hell if anything is a dm insert it's loki

If we want to use god the way they're stated in older editions he'd actually be a Cleric X/Wizard X/ Rogue X and maybe Bard levels as well. I don't think any god was ever a single class because they had enough levels to max 2-3 and dip into others.

In 5e he'd be some giant stat block with a mixture of Divine and Arcane spells that most likely has a bunch of other abilities as well.

If you're making a Player character based of Loki's powers then Trickery Cleric is the best option to capture it.

The point was he could be playing in some retarded setting where they're not like that. Though he's been shitting up threads with it for a while now.

Tourney champ who was eventually exiled, because he triumphed no matter what was thrown at him and the crowd began to get bored of him constantly winning. Once elegant and polite, now jaded and bitter.

THE CLOSEST PARALLEL WOULD BE THAT LOKI IS A FUCKING ILLUSIONIST WIZARD
he's an illusionist and if you disagree you are projecting your love of a certain class over another

>If we want to use god the way they're stated in older editions
THIS IS 5e you piss nigger nothing before has any bearing on THIS edition
Mask is CN now, no longer NE
ILLUSIONIST is the best way to capture it

basic eldritch blast doesn't need charisma, only levels, and not even warlock levels per se.

He would be an NPC. Look a Tiamat and that's the type of statblock he would have.

Anyone got some night hag lair tips?
Players might run up on a coven soon.

>Entire campaign setting campaign has to be shuffled so one guy can play an Illithid

I'd walk and it's a stupid idea that shouldn't be encouraged is my point

LOL WRONG
when you use magic initiate it says that taking a warlock spells uses charisma as its spellcasting stat. EB requires a magic attack roll using Cha
so you wont ever hit anything dummy

Jesus I need to just go to bed

I might be wrong, because this scene seems to suggest that Loki is at least a Wiz (illusionist)/Warlock (hexblade, staff?) multiclass

youtube.com/watch?v=mEN8DnkANYQ

Once again. He's an NPC and doesn't have class levels because he is litterally a god in D&D.

If you want to make a character based off him then Illusionist, Warlock, Bard and Trickery Cleric all work.

i will find you irl

Cool I will break out the oil and we will thumb wrestle bitch

no i have a gun i got from my dad and i will shoot you over this
i will do it so help me god

So in theory an Eldritch Knight with 23 AC and adamantine plate can never be defeated by commoners because they can never hit or disarm him?

Good hope it's decent at longer distance because you'll need to see me before I see you.

Oath of the crown paladin determined to start a crusade against the vile [insert menace threatening society here, most likely brown people]

CRITS

im a beautiful 9 yr old girl
you'll let me in close

R u hot

ofc
my dad let's me post

>martial babs still upset that they can be killed by commoners