Warhammer 40,000 General Thread /40kg/

"Wholesome /40kg/ thread" Edition

Previously on /40kg/:
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf
docs.google.com/document/d/1xvgryrNiMFoLYiaX8o6Y-Q0q1GLRvwWnvbrSL7omZXo/edit?usp=sharing

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kDdaWg2x_OI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the best army is the one you enjoy playing

i want to play nids, i also dont want to spam flyrants. is there a fun army i can play that wont be instantly tabled?

What do you think the Daemon Mortarion mini will look like?

Wholesome af, my dude.

All gaunts, all the time.

Has anyone here ran Peltasts before? Considering buying the kit from FW and running a group of 10 for fire support

Genestealer cultists are quite nice if you're willing to go that route. Otherwise I think you'd be stuck using Mawloc artillery spam and the like.

Truth right there. This is a hobby, painting, modelling, if you can have fun even when getting your ass kicked on the table, you are doing it right.

Orbital bug assault, beat marines at their own game.

>that nid scheme
>that dune collection

Solid taste. Got any close ups on those nids?

Just finished my first can of corax white spray primer, does anybody have any good recommendations for an alternative? I don't feel like shelling out $17 for primer. Was looking at Krylon fusion flat white, or Rustoleum 2x. Anyone have any experience with those, or any other recommendations?

I would hold off. They were nerfed really hard in HH, the initial release wasn't really revised and is quite overpowered so I expect 40k to get the same treatment. If you like the look and feel go for it, but if you're optimizing I'd look elsewhere.
The best way to run them is a blob of 20 to reduce enemy shooting Str by 1.

Best I could find.

I'd assume similar with the hoplites, then? I was hoping to only run 10, considering my army is troopy enough as it is

So, any guesses about what the foreshadowed major 40k event mentioned alongside the global AoS event is going to be? I assume it'll be happening shortly after 8th releases?

I don't have as much knowledge on hoplites, I know they go hand in hand with peltasts and have a good short ranged attack akin to the cerastus knight lancer. They're not a bad choice from my understanding if not slightly niche due to not fitting in most formations.

Anyone know of alternate models for a rhino? I can't afford 39$ a model for my chaos dudes. I've been scouring ebay.

Orks and Nids turned into cute girls fucking when?

Do we know if we're still going to have formations in 8th? Does AoS have them? I know they have their problems, but I like being able to add different interesting rules to my dudes for some variety.

I have a few, these are old pics, but I'm no artist so this is about as good as I've ever painted.

Tabletop quality. I'm proud of it, that carnifex model is also the best thing ever, I have a few ye olde 'nid models.

What's this, user? Is this a rhino similar to say, a gobsmasha?

r8 my list

that ork player tho

3rd edition carnifex is mid tier, not quite as good as a second edition carnifex.

> Tfw you go to a 10,000 point Apoc game
> After asking your opponent to stop bringing so many deathstars
> You bring no deathstars of any kind, just shitloads of basically everything
> He has a Woofstar, 30 custodians, a Primarch, and 6 land raiders
> Tfw you somehow manage to Tie the game with him 30 points to 30 points by only killing the shit that isn't a deathstar and ignoring all the unkillable deathstars.
Kill me please, just fucking end everything. I want off 10,000 points of nothing but deathstars ride.

gay

Sounds like he brought a lot of overpriced, mediocre units considering the Custodian blob and the Land Raiders.

>not just bringing 10,000 points of spore fields.

>132 max sized mucolid spore clusters that infiltrate

,000 points with two players
how many days does that take? why would you do this?

>10000 points of conscripts
>Charge blob after blob into enemy deathstars while the rest sit on objectives until game over.

Hue.

There are brave men and then there's that guy.

How useful or useless are the command tanks? I'm creating a list with them regardless.

ahaha I actually did it. I bought a crap ton of tau drones off ebay, and ordered some hex rod to go with it. I've got bases and clear rods for flight stands already. I'd best get to prepping and painting bases this weekend.

Just me and him. It took 18 hours across 2 days to complete 5 turns. We had a 10'x4' table, with deep deployment and shitloads of drop pods. I brought 1000 points worth of fortifications, which included metric shitloads of Razorwire and Tank Traps.

6" sections of "Impassable terrain for vehicles" is the primary reason that his land raiders never accomplished much. Everything either stopped at the tank traps or got immobilized halfway through, so all the Deathstars got trapped in my frontlines and never successfully left it.

5000 Imperial Levys, at a whopping 2 points per model.

Has anyone ever tried to make a skimmer actually float? Would non-electromagnets possibly make it work? I think it would be hella cool to put a bunch of magnets into a big oval base around the edges, and then also into the bottom of a skimmer of some kind with magnets in the bottom. Have them repel but surround the model, keeping it both upright and levitating. Anyone ever seen it done? Is it even possible?

What are those? Never heard of them.

It has been done, yes but I don't have the pictures on hand.

Horus Heresy Book 5. From the "Imperial Cults and Militia" army list, which has the cheapest unit in the entire game(Levy Squads). They come in blocks of 20 to 50 models, and only cost 2 points per model. They're equipped with your choice of Flintlock Pistols&Swords, or a Flintlock Rifle.

Yes, fucking flintlock guns. Either S3 Ap- Range 8", or Assault 1, S3ap- 18"

not sure but everyone has a hard on for tanks

youtube.com/watch?v=kDdaWg2x_OI

You know what? It's three am here, so maybe I'm just really tired, but I feel blown away. I've spent so much time in these generals and playing against power gaming try-hards that I've lost sight of why I started playing this game. 40k has become generating list after list trying to fit the meta, buying new units not because I like them, but because if I don't I'll get destroyed in a game or have my lists mocked here.

This weekend I'm going to work on some dudes that look cool.

Is this finally an update to the ages old rhino design? Or will it just be another forgeworld exclusive.

>792 spore mines

Laugh at them in their feeble attempts to power game in a near dead edition. Chances are the list you choose will be better than theirs because what's broken right now will be surely nerfed into the ground.

Finally, user. Jeez. Have fun already.

What are you gonna make?

That look fucking stupid. why not use a bike?

>1000 pts gives you 500 guys
>4000 guys at 8000 pts
>the rest are babysitters and anti tank units
You literally have more bodies than your opponent can shoot before they overwhelm his lines

All armies are "fun". You either care about winning games or you dont, faggot. Dont try to dabble in both ends of the pool by not playing shit armies while still reveling in the smug pretentiousness of not playing an "OP" one either.

You have choose the right path user, carry on.

>all armies are fun
They're really not. Orks, GK, Necrons, Nurgle Daemons and Scions are all pretty not fun to play.

fuck off retard i dont play this shit and i want to get into it. i also dont want to get fucked every time i play someone and i also dont want to buy cheesey shit so i stand a chance. rub your two braincells together and realize having a good time doesnt mean taking an OP or fucking shit army

good god youre a massive cunt

>Orkz
>not fun
>'et a load of diz git kam
You're playing them wrong

trying to just maximize hits/wounds with templates and blasts weapons while still being able to take out vehicles. Also I only have one hellhound and one wyvern and no more tanks

Please criticize

Just play Space Marines and build a list that has a bit of tactical flexibility so you can try different things in different games.
Unless you are playing against a huge gay cunt you should be able to get away with 'counts as' rules so just experiment

>losing is fun
lol shut up cuck

Why buy template weapons for BS4 veterans?
If you are dead set on using flamer weapons from a chimera you might as well buy the vehicle heavy flamers instead/as well

>playing to win
>not enjoying the game
>specially with orkz
You're living your life wrong

Alright friends, where the fuck are the new Death Guard models? I'm getting tired of waiting, I need my Nurgle fix NOW.

How about I enjoy the game AND actually win?

That's why Orks and Nids will always be fucking shit

Not that guy, but the game really isn't fun if there isn't at least some doubt as to who will win. Being the underdog can be fun. Being an army that gets tabled by turn 3 consistently isn't.

Iron Warriors. I started with Iron Warriors before I even knew how to play. I played them less and less in the last year and when Traitor Legions came out I stopped. The rules weren't strong enough, hell they might have been but everywhere I looked they got called shit. No more.

You obviously play to win get eldars and wreck everyone's shit, I got orkz to do silly crazy things I don't care if I win or not I didn't get them to be a try hard faggot, I got them to play and do crazy shit, I'm currently converting bikes into grav bikes to fuck over a dark angel player that sometimes use the jet bike guy all smug because da have the only functional grav bike, while orkz produce shit like that every day.

It's a 5th edition era dex in 7th edition
You're just using bad rules.

Wait until July when they make the campaign

Probably a diseased skeleton Nightbringer with wings.

r8 my work in progress Thousand Son. deviating from blue/yellow/gold and doing green/orange/bronze. I also plan on highlighting
the outer parts of the inner armor orange.

Oh hey a fellow Biel-Tan elda- hey, wait a second! I'm onto you sorcerer and your fabulous colors.

Nah, that combination sucks use purple white and silver

>July

But I want it now!

Invest in better primer

Jesus Christ colour inside the lines user.

0/10 for putting samael on a bike instead of the speeder

you have one layer of uneven green over a white primer that is rubbing off in places.

I recommend putting the model on a temporary base and then attaching that to an empty paint pot or something so you don't manhandle the model while painting

>using a boring landspeeder over LAST IMPERIAL JETBIKE
Boooooo

Don't worry user I heard GW is releasing new exciting models for AoS, it's a great time to start playing it, good and easy rules, plus it take less time to play a full game!

What are you waiting for? Get the new Kharadon Lords!!! And defend the mortal realms from the taint of chaos!!!

Purple White and Silver....that could probably work..

Yeah, i plan on covering all the bad spots.

Yeah, I'm hand painting the base coat with the GW base paint. But it did come out shitty and uneven.

Don't know too much about how actual Iron Warriors are, but I've seen Obliterators in action, and the ability to use a different gun in each shooting phase sounds so fun and chaos-y.

Go for it, user. Sorry your local meta is plagued by try-hards, but I'm sure you can't be the only one that feels the way you do. Maybe you'll inspire someone else to have fun for fun's sake as well.

Trust me I'm an artist

i think the bottom needs to be fairly flat because its a heavily converted floating globe or some such nonsense

Meh, I can wait for the Age of Emperor till this summer.

Well, I can't unsee the green dick on that Rubric's forehead, so that's... Something.

Also green, orange, and bronze sounds terrible. Green white and bronze might work better, or green purple and silver.

can't wait for age of emprah and seeing you flip out like an autist

>green orange bronze
So just oxidized copper then?

Also that pic looks awful.

Underspires looks fun and the new bonelords or whatever the fuck look fun. Y'know, if you didn't think the Vampire Lords or Tomb Kings were interesting like at all.

But Underspires does look to have a fun game under it's shitty lore, so we'll see about it.

You're going to be awfully flustered when 8th comes around, but you'll see that the changes were for the better. They were with fantasy anyway.

Fight me.

I'll post a picture of the sorceror when I'm done with him, I'ma try one guy green/orange/bronze.

When I mentioned it to my friend, he said that's the Nickelodeon color scheme. So....that's a thought.

Listen to me, my dude. How can sick chevrons on iron be shit? How can slightly more accurate giant bulldozer siege tanks with bunker buster shells covered in chevrons be shit? How can infinite auxilliary slots of walls, barbed wire, barrage fire vortex missile battery fortresses, anti aircraft guns, and homey trenchlines all covered in chevrons be shit?

Evil techmarines? Bitter assholes angrily doing calculus on an abacus - the most angry method of mathematics - to calculate the best way to break the bodies of the enemy under artillery fire? Unseemly, millennia-old grudges against estranged, yellow siblings?

It's decimate or be decimated out there, user.

If you're ever feeling bad about your paintjobs and what you used to consider yourself proud of, just take a quick trip to the ole' eBay and feel a bit of pride in your first couple models.

Someone actually wants money for these.

8th doesn't seem so bad. AoS can go fuck itself. Luckily I know enough people who like older WHFB editions, so I can always find someone to play with.

This is why i love orks, my mate plays guard so im going to paint up a heap of tank bustas with guard tank bits hanging off them rolling around in busted up guard tanks.

Jeez, i want to start playing IW now..

30 minutes in a super clean bath via the ultrasonic cleaner and they will be as if you never ruined them

>mfw
I was being serious about this.
I know right? I'll get the spooky skeletons as soon as they are released
It's okay user, but remember AoS have many factions to offer, every army for every player!!!

>tfw your cultists can't return to the shadows if there are Tyranid units near them
T-thanks GW...