Flesh To Stone.and Stone To Flesh

Thoughts on these spells and some of their uses?
I came up with a creative use.
>take person
>use Flesh To Stone on them and cut their head off
>do the same to another person
>swap the heads and then use Stone To Flesh

How do you join stone heads to stone bodies?
You will end with 2 decapitated corpses

Stonework, super glue and some healing magic.

I'm lazy and don't wanna look it up, but couldn't you cast a repair spell?

I'm fairly sure there's a 'mend' spell of some kind.
Could you use flesh to stone on a statue and create a new person?

That too.
The main issue would be blood types and getting the body to accept the head.

Magic, consent CLW to deal with the rejection? or maybe an item of slight regeneration to offset it?

Probably not a new person but a new body if you're creative.

Bump.

Are you seriously saying that in fucking D&D a DM will kill a character because of incompatible bloodtypes? The game of HP and healing potions and healing spells?

>The greatest heroes of the kingdom are offered the honor of joining the Immortal Legion
>Sealed in the spell of living granite, the Legion rests for decades and centuries, until they are awakened in the times of great calamities.
Would you use this in your campaign?

That would be pretty shitty since their tactics and weapon-experience would get obsolete.

Unless this is D&D where a dude can punch through steel.

Probably not.
But yeah this method could be used to save a dying character and raising the scale of henderson by giving an important NPC that was supposed to die a new body.

Already pulled that one more than a few years ago, 'though they were encased in obsidian, as opposed to turned to stone. As you can probably imagine, this included the player characters. It's a relatively easy way of starting a high level campaign with little prep outside of character sheets and individual backgrounds.

>hero legion defeated by an army of lads with STR20 carrying literal handcannons and handmortars

Nah, guns are utter shit in DnD. Plus gunners are still martials, the casters are going to rape physics all over them.

Stone Shape. Or Stone to Mud and a very steady hand.

Then again you'd also have to keep track of what stone is from where so that way you don't take out heart matter and make it part of the face or something like that.

>Any advancements being made
>In fantasy
>Ever
lol

One of my favorite tropes

I can't help but think OPs pic is a maybe cropped maybe not cropped shitty fapfuel edit.

According to the 2e PHB, a statue only comes to life if it was formerly living. A regular statue would just become a corpse.

So
Using stone to flesh on a statue, then using sculpt corpse is a good way to fake your own death without killing anyone?

>carve statue
>stone to flesh it
>animate dead
>Sustainable necromancy achieved

Nah it's a gay deviantart pic I found on google images.

At one point I worked out a combination of spells, centered around Stone to Flesh, which allowed a powerful NPC to create Golems which passed for living people.

>carve statue
>Animate Object
>Unseen Servant (for programming)
>Stone to Flesh it
>Permanency
>apply maid uniform

Nothing like having a living artifact serving staff.

>a statue only comes to life if it was formerly living. A regular statue would just become a corpse.
Ha, take that, Pygmalion!

Doesn't stone to flesh literally just turn a stone golem into a flesh golem?
If the stone golem was a life-like sculpture that might be enough.

No, but the charter would need some time to adjust to their new body and would be operating under negative levels for awhile.

>Sustainable necromancy
>Instead of going to a graveyard you want to buy, haul and work a fuckton of stone for a fuckton of days for a few corpses
>sustainable

>Not going to a graveyard and making your graveyard undead mine stone from a mountain and make statues.
>flesh to stone statues
>animate dead
>send new undead and old undead into a mountain far from civilization
>mine more statues
>repeat until army is of sufficient size

Learn to necromancy user.