/swg/ Oldschool Inquisitor edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zpCULzAQ8Fw
twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/852743914490429440
youtube.com/watch?v=ja4WudpzBYw
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pbquDj3mkGc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm starting with x-wing.

I unironically cannot choose between Empire, Rebels or Scum

What's the ship on the left side, about 40% of the way down? long block shaped thing with side fins. I want one. I want to put on spinal mount in it and shoot a ship thru a ship

r8

>hapan battle dragons and nova battlecruisers but no mytil starfighters
Delet this

I'd switch Juke to VI on Sabacc, since you'll want him to shoot as fast as possible.

Guess it comes down to how many ships you want to play, how competitive you want to be, and how much money you want to spend.
Scum are the most expensive faction to into since they don't get any ships out of the core set. But to be competitive with them you only need to buy 2 large ships and a Protectorate Fighter.
Imperials are the next most expensive because you're generally buying a lot of ships and not using the ones in the core set for long, unless you like stock TIE swarms.
Rebels are IMO the cheapest. You can buy 2 small ships and the core set and be ok. I'd say ~100$ is the most you'd need for your starting investment (Core-I, K-wing and Heroes of the Rebellion are recommended if you go this route, but you're eventually gonna want Core-II for the damage deck).

If you pick Rebels, I've got a fledgling podcast series that's currently targeted on what ships new players should be investing in and how to run them to their potential.
youtube.com/watch?v=zpCULzAQ8Fw

Core plus ships you like is good to start. Download Startactics or use an online squad builder to proxy upgrade cards.

Give Vader advanced targeting, swap juke on Pure for VI, and pray you never face K-wings

Can I get Droids that make good PCs, please? Want something a bit more interesting than the regular R2/C3P0 stuff

Sup /swg/ I'm writing a combpined IA/X-wing campaign, and I need a little help.

It's a 7 mission campaign about Rebels and Empire attempting to take control of an outer rim planet, in the style of the FW Imperial Armour books. Here's what I have so far-

Mission 1- Top Gun tournament, The winner gets to add one of their ships to their final squad.

Mission 2- Imperial Assault mission, the winner gets to add another Top Gun ship to their fleet.

Mission 3- If the Imperials win, they can bring in 2 Top Gun hips in turn 3+ if there are already 60 points of ships destroyed.
If the rebels win, they can redeploy ships at PS 12, 100 points worth, allowing overflow (eg, can bring 4 33 point ships, or a ~150 point CR-90)
If a draw, no bonuses for anyone.

Mission 4- Imperial Assault mission, If the imperials win, they can place 6 Cluster Mine tokens after PS 2 that do not detonate when overlapped by imperial ships.

Mission 5- The winner gets to add a 45 point Scum Ship to their fleet, but this ship is treated as neutral and cannot share information with its side.

mission 6- Imperial Assault mission, If the rebels win, they can equip 4 ships with Hyperwave Comm Scanners for free, ignoring upgrade slots.

Mission 7- This is a 400 point epic game, winner wins the overall campaign.
Mission fluff is as follows-

1. Skirmishes between Imperial and Rebel advance scouts.

2. Both sides attempt to take control of a fuel refinery

3. The Rebels attempt to hijack an Imperial communications network in space.

4. The Imperials attempt to take control of a Rebel bomb storage facility.

5. The Rebels attempt to deliver a shipment of goods to bribe a local crime lord into supporting them.

6. The Rebels attempt to break into an Imperial intelligence outpost to steal plans about the upcoming attack.

7. Both sides amass forces to attempt the push the other off of the planet.

Con't below.

This leaves me to come up with exact mechanics for missions 2, 4, and 6, as I'm not good with Imperial Assault mission design.

For mission 1, It's a Top Gun round-robin tournament between both sides.

For mission 5, it's going to be the Senator's Shuttle /Squadmate mission, but re-fluffed.

For mission 3, It will use the Satelite mission from the Tantive, but with 6 Satelites(4 health, 1 agility). If the Rebels destroy 3 the game is a draw, 6 and the rebels win. Satelites can be protected via the Protect action.

For missions 2, 4, and 6, what is a good IA mission to use as a base? Did I balance mission 3 properly?

An assassin droid would be neat if you wanna do the whole shooty/stabby thing.

Ditch the missile on vader, swap to ATC from sensor jammer- Without ATC vader can't hit hard enough. The missile is a weak as shit attack.

Nothing wrong with standard soontir.

Give Pure VI- He needs to shoot first, and a focus token on 4-5 dice is much more powerful than juke.

Only good thing we ever got from Bothawui (except maybe Gavin Darklighter's waifu if you are into Bothan ladies), the Bothan Assault Cruiser. Created after the Caamas Documents Crisis when the Bothan figured half the galaxy hated them, while the other half only grudgingly tolerated their existence.

get a core set of your choice. Then pick ships that you like. Pick up the aces packs a little bit later for both factions. The packs have some good upgrade cards in them.
I would avoid scum until you have a larger collection personally.

twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/852743914490429440

LAWSON SIGHTED AT CELEBRATION

I REPEAT:
LAWSON SIGHTED AT CELEBRATION

THE ACE OF ACES FLIES AGAIN?

He'll still probably refuse to show up in the next 2 movies, no matter how much cash they offer him.

Sup /swg/ I want to port some species over to show my GM. I want to make sure they are balanced so have a look at my spreads. If you are families with the species lore and think you have a better idea let me know.
>corrupted arakkoa
2 brawn
1 agility
2 intelligence
3 cunning
3 willpower
1 presence
100 xp or 90 xp and a point in deception
They are corrupted do to a darkside plague.

youtube.com/watch?v=ja4WudpzBYw

This is so weird

It's like someone popping up in ANH and talked about Mace Windu

It's not a bad poster.
Luke's placement seems ominous.

youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

FLEET BATTLES

"Time for the jedi to end"
FUCKING CALLED IT

>FLEET BATTLES
and the only fighters are T-70's and old school A-wings, WTF.
Also, Poe has ANOTHER one of his X-wings blown up on the ground?
I just hope that Finn stays in his coma throughout.

I hope the resistance gets their shit pushed in in a giant fleet scale skirmish

>old school A-wings

They're new A-wings. Which means now I can have better A-wings in X-wing.

It's way too similar to the old A-wing IMO, if it is supposed to be a new ship.

>Poe has ANOTHER one of his X-wings blown up on the ground
Best pilot in the galaxy!

if only he could get in the cockpit before it sploded.
He's the best pilot, so they have to handicap him by not letting him fly ever.

RIP Black One ;-;

I bet you that one of those A-wings is L'ulo

Empire is the most expensive because they need redundant ships, but they are always meta and the most fun to maneuver (which IMOH is what makes this game unique and great). They also require the fewest upgrades to function appropriately so they could be cheaper if you want to be cutting edge competitive.

Scum are the second most expensive because they don't use anything in the core sets but don't require that many ships to function. Though you will spend a pretty penny getting all the upgrades to make them shine. Kinda boring to play imo because everything worthwhile revolves around one broken ship *cough* Jump master *cough* to take them off the ground.

Rebels are probably the cheapest on paper but need upgrades from all over to be remotely competitive. They rely mostly on Regen and large hull/sheild values as well as bombs to shine. Arguably the easiest faction to fly.
As a word of caution: Twin Laser Turrets are the factions lynchpin and they may be getting a nerf soon considering they aren't faction limited anymore. I don't think they could salvage the core strategies of them if the shit ever does hit the fan.

Don't worry, they give him the Mulatto One and he's flying by the end of the movie in a shiny new caramel colored spaceship.

Finn isnt confirmed ded, he is just sleepy

youtube.com/watch?v=pbquDj3mkGc

>Rebels
>easiest to fly
Is that why Scum with cookie cutter lists are so popular in the meta? 5/8 of the System open winners flew Scum, 4/5 used the exact same list, and the 5th was 3 Jumpmasters. Scum have it easy. Imps have it rough. Rebels are somewhere in the middle until next release when Imps might catch up thanks to turret carriers.

>They're new A-wings.
FFS, Abrams. "I put a new coat of paint on old models and said they're new gen even though they act the exact same way in the movie" is not creativity. The open laziness is really starting to drive me nuts.

>Poe losing his X-wing
>Again
Poor guy just can't catch a break. Those new Resistance capitals look kind of goofy, too. It's like someone took a Nebulon-B2 and chopped its ass off.

>FFS, Abrams
Retard alert!

Abrams isn't part of this one, chap

All the more reason why I believe TLTs are on the chopping block soon.

>Jump masters are still broke

*gasp*
Who'd of thunk?

Technically he is, as he's one of the executive producers. He's just not actively calling the shots for everything like he was last time around.

They can do 1 of 2 things, really.
1. they can get rid of "perform this attack twice
2. They can lower the attack value to 2.
Personally, I think in both cases, the cost should go down to 5 points, but that's neither here nor there as either nerf would likely remove it from the meta with Synced Turret on its way.

Executive Producers don't do shit

>those allusions to classic melodies while simultaneously expanding the musical vocabulary

Is John Williams, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

he always was

Depends on the EP in question. Some are heavily involved, some basically just get the cash flow going.

Michael Bay, for example, didn't direct either of the new TMNT movies, but his fingerprints are all over them and they're quite similar in style (and substance...) to the films that he actually directed personally - because he was executive producer on the TMNT movies.

Likewise, George was EP on all the Star Wars films - yes, even the ones that he didn't write and direct - and TCW.

Why didn't Anakin's force ghost ever come tell Kylo to knock it off?
Surely Kylo would take a lesson from his idol gramps.

Ani is busy being tormented by youngling force ghosts

Because then they'd have to take a position on whether Vader's ghost looks like Hayden Christiansen or Sebastian Shaw.

Because Nucanon despite being only a few years old has just as many plot holes (if not more) as Legends.

For the same reason all those jedi ghosts didn't show up to teach Luke.

For all we know, Snoke may have prevented such a thing from happening.

That's not a plot hole, just something that hasn't been explained yet.

And no, there's way, way more plot holes in Legends work than there is so far in canon material.

>Anakin's ghost shows up and tells him to knock it off
>Won't believe that this loser is the badass Darth Vader
>Anakin tries but eventually gives up after Kylo starts to blast his favorite Linkin Park songs whenever he shows up

>not just having him be dath vader blue edition

>I'VE
>BECOME SO NUMB

Is it a new A wing or some kind of Jedi starfighter coming up.

I mean if force ghosts can choose their form and he wants to get through to Kylo, this is hat he'd do.

it's just an A-wing. Look for a less blurry still.

>choose their form
Darth Vader (female)

that's kinda hot

It's an A-Wing. One of the earliest photos from the set was Prince Harry standing next to a full-size A-Wing prop.

>spoiler
All I can see when trying to imagine that is Balalaika in space.

Probably the best way to convince a young guy to do something.

But only if she keeps the mask on.

Did anybody watch the Last Jedi panel?
Watching Mark Hamill was so bad. He'd be asked a simple question and answer with a 10 minute rant unrelated to the actual question.
>So, does Luke actually talk in this one?
>Well, you know my favorite part of the prequels is that I wasn't in them. You know my wife sometimes tells me to take out the garbage. How crazy is that?

WTF

I like how they went with a oldschool "clean" poster style instead of a cluttered mess that that the PT posters were

Hamill always does that. Too bad for you for not being able to enjoy it.

Yeah so it took about three minutes into our first session for my players to turn into full ruthless killers who literally murdered a guy for a couple hundred credits.

Which basically throws any plans that I naively had right out the window. Not sure how to give consequence or intrigue to people who presumably don't give a shit about anything or anyone.
My first and only thought was to make The Box from TCW since they haven't seen it but other than that, I don't know.

It's pretty shitty though. It's like senile story time. Dude just loves to hear himself talk.

But he's literally always done that

He's just scatterbrained

>Not sure how to give consequence
Eventually, they'll end up killing something that gets on the radars of law enforcement, the Bounty Hunter's Guild, or whichever galactic power is in charge during your campaign's time period.

>Still has the mask, rasp, and James Earl Jones voice.

>Is John Williams, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

John is fucking brilliant.

If they drop jedi in the Nucanon entirely my autistic sperging will glass Florida fuck

Mask of the Pirate Queen is pretty much just about killing people for money.

Also look to old westerns and Guy Ritchie movies for good outlets for ruthless parties.

Nothing wrong with killing off the Jedi, user.

The term Jedi has way to much cache in the social conciousness to let them be killed. Don't be stupid. Disney would never throw away that level of marketability.

>WRONG

>inb4 Jedi Bendu is formed.

Kill then and find a new group
It's your best option

While I'm not really looking to minmax, I do wonder what species would be well-suited for a Smuggler (Thief) with a focus on stealing and slicing.

I don't want a Drall so plz no

I have no idea to know if you're serious or just trolling that user but I actually agree with that statement.

Just as the dark side its practitioners has continued after thd death of the last Sith, presumably the light side and what it stands for at it's best will continue on after the Jedi. And quite frankly I'm not sure if the Jedi are worth saving at this point. By the time of their fall from grace the Order was pretty much a mess who had lost their way and become hung-up on tradition, protocol and quasi-religious-fundalmentalism. Granted, Luke would be starting more or less from scratch in building a new Order but arguably even the 'scratch' could be tainted beyond repair at this point.

The Jedi have had a 25000 year run. If Rey manages to find a way to save them then great, but if a new path is needed that's something I'm willing to accept.

The fucking way he made this music makes me both hyped and super sentimental

I dunno man, Force Awaken's soundtrack didn't really tickle me in naughty places the way the original and even the pt ones did.
Notable exception being Rey's theme which I quite like

I'm not trolling btw.
The Jedi are a relic of the old republic and it's high time for the light to forge a new past without the archaic order. I agree that the Jedi should go to the same fate as the Sith.

Hutt

To be fair, we have no idea yet what the nucanon NJO was like or whether it even followed the OJO dogma. For all we know, the NuJO could have broken with OJO tradition as Legends' NJO did. I fucking hope it did. It would be incredibly silly if Luke just tried to copy-paste Yoda's Order, retarded doctrine and all.

Kyuzo could be fun. Their racial jump ability athletics, and boost to agility could make them a good cat burglar

They aren't going to kill off the Jedi it's just a way of raising the stakes.

Clawdite for disguise.

My vote is for Rodian

Good suggestions, thanks

u havin' a giggle there cheeky cunt

>muh balance

I still have no fucking clue what this means. It acts as though Light and Dark are just two different opinions, and not clearly good guys and bad guys.

>forge a new past
Path, dammit. Forge a new PATH.
I have dyslexia, if that's an excuse. TFW writer diagnosed with dyslexia

o Im laffin

So was Edgar Poe gaylord

I really, really doubt they're going to kill off the Jedi. Especially since the opening for TFA's novelization includes a part from the Journal of the Whills talking about the resolving of grays through refined Jedi sight.

Remember also that in Rebels, we see Obi-Wan claim that Luke is the Chosen One, but we know via George and the people he left in charge that that's not the case.

It could be that the turning of his nephew and the deaths of his students made Luke give up, and that's why he wants the Jedi to come to an end, because he's seen how they've basically been genocided twice in fifty years, once under his own leadership.

Balance is a buzzword in the setting. It doesn't mean shit but everyone uses it like it's the most important thing. To the Jedi order, balance meant only the light without the corruption of the dark, to others it means even levels of light and dark. In reality there is no such thing as balance. The force, light and dark, is a force for chaotic happenings, not a peaceful resolution to the setting.

I think the moment I turned on Star Wars was when they said some people can be Jedi and some people can't. All this "force sensitive" shit. It makes it a product of birth and not spiritual devotion.