Stat us, Veeky Forums

Stat us, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

chosac.artstation.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

AD&D, party of all level-9 fighters who each just got their castle and all want to bang the same NPC

/thread

But Ajax rolled pretty insane percentile strength

Murderhobos/100000

On the note of AD&D, there's actually a fighter kit for the badass Greek hero.

Whatever level the rest of those fuckers are, Diomedes should probably be about 3-4 levels above.
He fights Ares and wounds him, in the Iliad.
Like, the War-god Ares.

Actually came here to post this. Diodemedes was fucking insane
Also if there's a cap to strength and constitution, ajax has +1 or +2, and I guess Odysseus gets bonuses to wisdom and intelligence.

Diomedes*

Don't forget Odysseus would also have a high Strength score, since he alone could string his bow.

Can't have it all, that'd be a special skill.

The d20 sourcebook for Troy gives both Odysseus and Ajax (the greater) 18 strength.

Well Odysseus did pretty well in the burial games for Patroclus in the strength department, and during his time with the Foiacs (is that how you spell it in English? At least I think it was them) he threw a disc that was twice the weight of what their young men were throwing l, and with ease.

What would be harder to account for is his charisma, since he was crafty and an eloquent speaker, but at the same time a bit of a coward and selfish (at one time while fighting together with Diomedes I think, he runs away, he was tricked by another guy to actually join the war and kills him/let's him die for it etc.).

>Ajax, son of Telamon, King of Salamis

Well, I'm sure other people would be able to string his bow, but the people with so much strength had little interest in claiming Odysseus' land and wife.

So if these guys were around level 9-12, then what of Hector and Achilles?

You, I like you.

Solid Greek hero, A++++, would use as a roll model to educate the young through story telling

Massive faggots?

Probably based on two guys Homer wanted to bang and made a moral story about the perils of them quarrelling so he could try and get them to do a threeway

Well they were both demigods irc, so easily level 15+

Source on this image?

chosac.artstation.com/

Ajax (The greater) seems to be on par with Diomedes, maybe even slightly better.

Hektor fights both Ajax and Diomedes inconclusively; he should be roughly on their level. Achilles is for all practical purposes invincible, at least 5 levels higher. He fucking takes down a river god.

Achilles is a Mary Sue with his whole INVINCIBLE EXCEPT A WEAK POINT BUT NOBODY KNOWS IT thing, until the DM says "fuck it, a god helped Paris shoot your weak point, you die"

Depending on how you look at it, Achilles is either the "God-mode NPC on a leash" and the campaign is about getting him to move off his butt before disaster falls; or Achilles is the only player in a psychodrama super-meta campaign, and it's everyone else who is an NPC trying to kiss up to the guy who is obviously necessary to solve all of their problems and he's wondering why or even if he should.

Let's not forget that in the Iliad, there's no mention of Achilles's invlunerability; hell, Asteropaeus manages to wound him slightly in the elbow. The older traditions had Ajax invulnerable everywhere except for the armpit. Achilles was invincible because Achilles was an epic level barbarian whose rage could literally alter fate.

>Mary Sue

Stop throwing around terms when you have no clue as to what they mean.

Here's how Green Ronin statted Achilles, for reference.

damn that fight in troy was really good

Probably the best part of an otherwise rather forgettable film.

Well if it helps, the Beeb are putting together a miniseries for sometime next year.

I dunno. I don't normally care much for martial technique in films, but Achilles's "hold the spear across my back and try to stab with it that way" really did a number on my suspension of disbelief.

that was literally the point numbnuts. hes a prick show off who had an unmeasurable ego where hector was just a good dude trying to hold his own and protect his city. its not even that fancy really

how is something that nearly every human alive right now could do so unbelievable to you?

LEGIONAIRY! WHAT IS THAT SHITTY LOOKING SCUTUM? AND THAT SHITTY NONSTANDARD ARMOR?
That's 30 leashes and you are sleeping outside the walls.
Also 10 leashes for each of your tent comrades for not disciplining you earlier. They will be sleeping at your side.

>roman cucks who were only allowed to ever exist because greeks forgot how to fight

can you imagine how fantastic Alexanders empire would have been?

also hes a zombie so i dont think he cares where youre telling him he has to sleep

>can you imagine how fantastic Alexanders empire would have been?

Stat Alexander.