Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Positioning edition
Walkers are monstrous creatures sub-edition
I can't stop buying 40k sub sub edition
Hero phase in 40k sub sub sub edition

previous thread
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Proper Duncan
youtu.be/ILbCXD3P6kc

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/26/rumour-engine-april-26th-2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=DtH49maGHtU
youtu.be/DtH49maGHtU
warhammer-community.com/2017/04/26/warhammer-40000-weapons/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

my dudes > your dudes

One of the worst threads in recent memory but it was made first

fuck off, we have a thread.

Okay, odd question, but I need some help tracking down a massive lore pdf.

It was super damn basic, but it covered a fuckton of 40k lore, things that aren't outright stated in the books, no pictures that I recall, I think it was just a straight text document even, or a word document, not even a pdf (but I could be wrong there). It spoke alot about what STC actually was, the fact that all hover-plates for things like space marine landspeeders are bascially from massive vaults on terra and will eventually run out, and other stuff like that (and how most STC tech is irreplacible because of lacking transcendent AI from the men of iron).

I was wondering if anybody knew about this lore document and if they had it? I have it... somewhere... burried, but I was an idiot and didn't rename the file from the number string Veeky Forums puts on uploaded files when you download them. It might also have been lost in one of my recent computer failures so yeaaaaaah. Any help would be appreciated.

>drive 50 miles to nearest G-Dubs
>enter the store with your brand new tablewar case full of unpainted riptides
>see Brittany and Jamal in a 2V1 against a scatbike netlist
>Jamal tables tryhard eldar twink by turn 3
>Jamal and Brittany leave to the bathroom. You take their place hoping to catch the next pickup game, against someone else
>Moans can be heard eminating from the bathroom
>They come back, sweaty
>Jamal: "You down for a pickup match WHYTE BOI?"
>Turn 360, and walk back to the parking lot; enter your car
>proceed to masturbate furiously to the thought of Jamal plunging Brittany with his juicy BBC
>drive home
>thanks GW

What, exactly, is wrong with you?

Can you take this shit back to /v/ please.

> Yes. Every Warhammer 40,000 miniature we sell today will be usable in the new edition of Warhammer 40,000. What’s more, they’ll be supported with new rules, which will be available from the get go in handy, low-cost books.

RIP rough riders.

It's the polacks assuming the rest of Veeky Forums is like them.

That doesn't mean things with oop minis are definitely gone.

Why would I slap the ham to that rich evans looking bitch

DKoK Rough Riders are still legal!

Cause she's taking that juicy Shaq meat

So basically you're just jerking it to that black guy's dick.

What happens to human psykers living under tau rule?

it's never, ever explored

the tau gestapo could come and disappear/gulag/mengele them
they could go unnoticed and start causing warp-entity/possession problems
who knows

GW will likely never touch on it. They barely even touch on IMPERIAL civilian life.

Only ever known 2 Black dudes in my entire life to play Warhammer

One is the typical super obsessed black-weeb who love anime too much and of course plays Tau

The other played Necrons. And you know why

really makes you think

Also mixed race dude played Craft world Eldar at my old lgs

Why would a black guy play necrons? Whats the implication?

BIG
BLACK
SCARY
ROBATS
or something, dunno, i am guessing

>Indian dude at my last LGS
>plays black templar
>same with the LGS before that
>same at the LGS I play at now

Whats with Indians(native) and Black Templar?

KANGS

Whats the reason eldar are so few, they've had ten thousand years after the fall, how come they haven't shagged each other to a decent population size?

THEY WAS KANGZ

some pol joke?

What he said
My speculation is that since the tau know almost nithing about psykers they don't do much. A few probably get volunteered for experiments. Former imperial worlds probably lynch theirs knowing the danger unsanctioned psykers can be.
But i feel a massive rogue psyker deamon invasion of a tau held world is almost an inevitability

cuckposting is the worst thing to happen to Veeky Forums.

there should be an automatic ban for anyone doing this dumb fucking shit.

It's because they're THAT scared having sexy time spawns instant daemonette's.

And they aren't entirely wrong :^)

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/26/rumour-engine-april-26th-2017/

>What is this leak nonsense?

Cuckposting seems to hurt you on some personal level. Did you want to talk about it?

SoB content when?

Not for a long time, with 8th edition and all the changes that need to be addressed for it.

We're all in agreement that 6th was the worst edition, right?

not really.

Its just spammed fucking everywhere.

Nah 7th edition is worse with the fucking mess that is army composition and rules all over countless publications.

>ELdar symbols
>Spikey/Bone parts indicate DEldar
>Coils/wires are common on DEldar Haemonculi constructs

It's memed, but it's a reflection of reality. Subsaharan descendants in the US tend to believe they're descendant from pharoes n shit.

Idk if this is the right place to ask but it is possible to enjoy playing warhammer 40k without buying stuff?
I really want to play it with my cousin and some friends but im from a small city in latin america so having a GW here or any store with games of this sort its impossible
I downloaded the fith rulebook edition and going to start reading and try a simple test game sometime this month
If my friends enjoy it enough we could make some figurines with papercraft
But has anyone played without its figurines and still had a great time? Do you think its possible to make work it in the long run until we can all buy an army ?
Thanks in advanced and sorry for the bad english

Rough riders aren't even officially supported minis anymore, though. If it's not available from GW currently you can bet it's getting squatted out.

Get Tabletop simulator on Steam.
Alternatives are Chinaman/Papercraft.

You could always get a cheap bag of army men and proxy vehicles with wood blocks if you want something more substantial.

A big part of 40k is the hobby, though you could always find some suitable models that arent GW to build and paint.

Do as me: create blocks representing units.

I never spent a cent and people are usually okay with it. Only play for fun however.

>Get Tabletop simulator on Steam.
Is that any good?

youtube.com/watch?v=DtH49maGHtU

youtu.be/DtH49maGHtU

Outta my way chaos fucking shits!!!
Termi artwork looks nice I hope minia will be too.

It's totally fine to use current models for games run in pre-5th edition rules? I think I heard at some point there was a jump in scale, and wanted to make sure that didn't mess with how it all worked.
Also what would be a nicely thematic oldhammer force? My thought was Crimson Fists, if only becasue they were on the cover of Rogue Trader.

Yep. It takes a while to get used to the commands and is maintained by the online community but it plays smooth.

Any good conversion sets for SoB's to make them look a bit less ugly?

You can play older editions just fine.
My group plays 3rd.
There hasn't been any "jump in scale" at all.

The most amusing part of this is how it ignores the kingdoms that existed on the west coast of Africa.
No, user, it's a meme, and it doesn't reflect on any reality except people's ignorance.

Those west african kingdoms were the ones who enslaved the descendants of modern black americans and had them sent here in the first place.

Use a different model completely?

I want to see some one convert the sisters of silence with a headswap and special weapons.

This is the correct answer

Its more common than you think. I've also heard "the real Israelites were black" or "Mozart/Shakespeare were actually black".

Funnily enough, modern americans of african descent are descended from the white slavers as well.

This. Let's not fall into /pol/ territory, but the vast majority of blacks in the US come from more central/Southern Africa, not the more prosperous kingdoms, which is why they got conquered and sold into slavery. And let's be honest, subsaharan African cultural achievements are a joke compared to the marvels of Egypt and various semmetic peoples.

Though of course that's all totally irrelevant, people aren't any better or worse because of what hole their anscestors were born in a thousand years ago

No. It's just super annoying. About as annoying as having a super fun pnp campaign only to realize the DM wants to now transport your group to his magical realm. A fucking waste of time.

Is there any site where I can catch up on recent lore events? The main wiki is a fucking mess that gets updated once a year

Also this. Stereotypes don't last if they aren't true. Don't believe me? Try to start one that is obviously false and make it stick.

Those major kingdoms had collapsed by the 1600/1700s, user, and what remained was the infighting common to the collapse of society.
>the real Israelites were black
Yes, the actual firstborn Israelites are semites (google what a semite is) and Arabs, that is common enough knowledge. The jews that you think of are the European converts.
>Mozart/Shakespeare were actually black
There has been arguments made about having an African parent, as African/mulatto women were held as a standard of beauty in France off and on. It's fairly unlikely, but unless you exhume their bodies, neither have living descendants to test from. You'd be surprised about what you genetic parentage is. Most blacks in America have far more European heritage than they know, and most whites are not the heritage they think they are.
>people aren't any better or worse because of what hole their anscestors were born in a thousand years ago
Stop trying to be sensible, user, it kills the shitposting :^)

Has anyone got their money back for recently purchased books? Do they just give you a voucher code to use online or something?

mulatto women are fucking perfect and I need one in my life

News about weapon profiles:
warhammer-community.com/2017/04/26/warhammer-40000-weapons/

GW released a new trailer with space marines in it.. Anyone know what faction they were?

I think there's gonna be a new starter box and I wanna know what SM chapter might be included in it.

Warhammer live one Friday

What termie artwork are you talking about?

More than likely UM, as they were fighting DG in the trailer and its been rumored the next starter box is DG vs UM.

Semites does not equal black. It's a language group. Like Arabic, hebrew, and Maltese... and ancient Egyptian. It's not necessarily an ethnicity. Genetically speaking, the people in ancient Egypt are identical to modern Egyptians. Same for Levantine people with some exceptions like the Kurds, Christian Lebanese, and the Druze, who have large introgression of European DNA or Asiatic DNA in the case of the Kurds despite their language being a nominally Indo-European branch.

I think hes talking about :15 in the trailer.

So flamers just autohit d6 times. Works well enough i guess.

Rapid fire must be changing, bolters are now Rapid Fire 1.

That last bit about d weapons makes me think we'll start seeing s12 guns and shit for the really huge stuff.

DO NOT BULLY RICH EVANS

Given the lack of AP on the bolter it looks like the standard infantry weapons wont be tearing through armor at least.

With flamer changes, do you think my warpflamers might have a chance to become better?

what trailer?

and sounds good to me, my brother has UMs so I'll be able to just give him mine.

>So flamers just autohit d6 times. Works well enough i guess

Doesn't mention ignoring cover though...

>power armoured space marines will still get a 6+ save against Lascannons

They're still very short ranged weapons that are married to slower-than-average infantry. Anything's possible but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

>Semites does not equal black
Never said that, you are projecting.
What a semite is consists of people of mixed Asiatic/African/European bloodlines, or y'know, all the people you just brought up.
That they stabilized into their own ethnicities simply speaks that the like populations continued reproducing, but the bloodline itself is a semite one by definition, and semites were the first Jews, not the hook nosed Europeans that dominate pop culture.
Really? Iirc, bolters had a -1 modifier on armor in 2e, as did shurikats, but shurikats had longer range.

>Doesn't mention ignoring cover though...

Might be that cover now imposes a modifier to hit rather than providing an alternate save, so the flamer's auto-hit rule bypasses it.

Not sure. If I were to say shoot a bunch of combi flamers from the same squad to another target squad, let's say 4 of em, would I roll 4d6 to determine hits? Cause that would potentially be awful to have such variability. With the templates I had guaranteed hits. Now I may roll. Double snake eyes and only get 4.

>Really?
You dont have to take my word for it the weapon profile just got posted.

Will Lasguns have +1 AP?

So looking at these stats it would seem AP 1 becomes -4, AP 3 becomes -2, AP 4 becomes -1 and everything else is blank.

Good point, I was expecting it to be an armour bonus like in AoS

I mean it would depend on your definition of joke but yes it's a /pol/flake thing

>Never said that.
Yes you did. Someone said the Israelites were black and you responded in the affirmative.

Not projecting anything, just trying to inform the actuality of what is.

lasguns get nothing, why would they? it's a pretty good gun compared to modern day stuff but in 40k it's below average

Indians secretly wish they were Christian crusaders

The reduced lethality is great and terminators seem rather scary now.

>terminators seem scary now

I'm all for this. They're supposed to be the galaxy's premier shock troops, even compared to other races.

dare i say it? are terminators fixed now?

I assume they're aware of them to some degree given that
1. The Tau have psyker races they intentionally hide from the Imperium
2. Ethereals know more about Chaos than they let on

Won't they still die easily to massed lasgun fire?

Doesnt everything? But since Lasguns wont have AP and Termies have 2 wounds now, it will take entirely too much las to be reasonable to put them down reliably.

it takes 72 bs3 lasgun shots to kill a single terminator with the new stats

Who will run a massive army of Cadian troops into a Land Raider Redeemer, under the pretence that, "I can kill it."

And you know there'll be that one fucker who will never stop whining about the one time a horde of conscripts killed his giant fancy tank or walker.

80 lasgun shots means ~2 wounds on terminators, and that's before to hit penalties from cover or range or whatever. So that's 1 terminator or less down for a ton of lasgun fire. Yeah they'll go down, but you really need the numbers.

I literally cannot WAIT for Guard players to start whining about their tanks being damaged by small arms fire. Welcome to Monstrous Creature-ville, assholes.

t. salty Tyranid player.

well at current prices thats 40 points of terminator vs 200 points of guardsmen.

what, you don't wanna be that user that killed an imperial knight with 200 lasgun shots?