That Guy Game

Hey Veeky Forums newfag here. Thought I kick things off with a small series of That Guy story from around 4-5 months ago, when I discovered roll20 and decided to join a Pathfinder game. Everyone is ’That Guy’ to an extent, but then again… Let’s play a little „Guess Who is That Guy Who Fucked Up the Game”. Hint: there might be more than one. Extra points for „Find the OP” The names are changed, but your candidates are:

>Horny the female ratfolk.
Class: Warpriest, madness domain
Style of play: Sometimes goes a bit meta as if she was Deadpool, uses two-handed fighting and her tactics are: charge into melee, wreck shit, remember she can cast spells at random intervals. When someone else starts to goof off, she goes serious and intimidates the PC in character to cut the crap.:Uses a character portrait of a clipped NSFW art of a ratfolk in armor, with the lower part of her clothing/armor ’missing’. Specifically asked the GM whether she could ’accidentally’ lose her pants at every beginning of the combat as a free action.

>Butch the female human
Class: Bloodrager – abyssal bloodline
Style of play: Go in, slap shit with a 2 handed sword which is bigger than her, animu style, be brooding and edgy, but when PCs interact with her, she lightens up at times. Tends to stick to the rules and call out on the GM if he fucks it up. Best buddies with the party’s healer; written up a shared background story, making her the healer’s bodyguard. Also, she had horns. I don’t know why, but just did, because horns are cool and bloodline fluff.

[Cont.]

>Punpun the female kobold
Class: Alchemist – Mindchemist
Style of play: More or less remains an outsider to the group because she doesn’t trust them as the feeling is mutual. Being a fekking kobold means they are probably right, but not yet moved on to steal from the party while there are NPCs to scam as she sells aclhemical ware. Lobs acid and bombs as expected, and the moment a baddie even just looks mean at her, she runs away screaming. Also, not afraid to throw bombs into crowds despite there being a chance to wound the meatshield buddies. Tends to stick to the rules as well and gangs up with Butch to call out the GM on his bullshits when he twists the rules or ignore them.

>Snowflake the female human
Class: Cleric to –insert random good god here-
Style of play: Never uses an offensive spell, nor does she ever fight with weapons, had huge charisma, some wisdom, but even the kobold could beat her in an armwrestling match or in a marathon. Tends to be very kawaii and her portrait is some random animu chick. Frowns at every time we manage to outright kill off the baddies. Also, she is the face.

>DMPC the male ratfolk
>Class: Archmage
>Style of play: Being the DM. That’s it.

Also, there were 2 other PCs, but they didn't say anything, didn't do anything, and were basically just faceless minions. They left after the first session's bullshit.

So. Who is That Guy, who broke the game?

....the DM/GM?

First impressions are:
The GM was That Guy (kinda gave it away in Punpun's style of play).
Snowflake is most likely OP but could also be Punpun.

Nope, not the GM. Actually surprisingly the DMPC was fighting… off-screen, and the GM let us do our stuff. Long story short: it was Snowflake. OP is Punpun. So anyway:

>Party is at RandomVille, where they celebrate the kiddies’ coming of age, one of them being Snowflake. Everyone hails from there, and even Punpun shows up to peddle her shitty alchemical wares; probably just pissed in the bottles and sells it as repellant or something. Feast, games, dance, partying ensues and out of fucking nowhere an army or gnolls show up at the gates; apparently a village of about 20-30 has a wall that would make Trump weep in joy.
>Ohshit we are under siege, they start scaling the walls and butcher villagers, then attempt to murderize the party. We murderized them back.
Noteable happenings in the combat:
>There was fighting in the pens, Punpun threw a bomb, and the splash damage caught a sheep. Punpun didn’t care. The GM did. He said the sheep is now on fire, and the 2 guards who were slapping gnolls literally stopped fighting to get buckets and put out the flames on the sheep.
>Snowflake tried to be a martyr and kept getting in the way of attacks to be a meatshield, because remember: she never fights… and got her swooshy ass kicked to 0 HP; eventually got back into the fight.
>Horny lost her pants.
>We were doing well, but then a bigass gnoll hacked at the gate with an axe, and peeked in all The Shining style. And we saw a battering ram with more gnolls approaching the gate, along with their leader. We were not going to win this, because sheer numbers. But in the end we did manage to drive back the army. Let’s play a game of ’Guess how the day was won’. I’ll give you a start:

„But then, Snowflake walked up to the crack on the gate and…”

Put her hot animu ass up to it?

„…used intimidate on the gnoll leader, saying if he does not withdraw, they are going to be damned for eternety after they get butchered. Remember: Snowflake doesn't fight, which we pointed out, asking whether she should roll a bluff. She wasn't bluffing. She rolled a pretty high number. The GM tried to point out that it's not how intimidate Works, but Snowflake didn't budge, and instead used intimidate on the DM. DM being desperate for a game, after a bit of back and forth, said fine, the gnoll leader withdraws his forces and makes a siege camp around the village. And that marked the end of Session #1...

...and the start of Session #1,5 with Snowflake and Butch, which was a private game without the rest of the party. Which I will get to, shortly.

I don't see any problems with how she roleplayed that.

The problem is that she was a 16yo animu girl threatening an army. And besides: a high roll doesn't justify all and any actions. We managed to kill off 7-8 of their guys, but there was still literal hundreds and more, outside the walls.

So Anyway: between The first and the second session, Snowflake and Butch asked the GM in private to have their own session. DM agrees becase he thinkgs it would be something innocent. Also, Snowflake get herself somekind of a vow that if she doesn’t cast spells that cause damage, or doesn’t do damage with weapons, she gets like a crapton of buff. I think it was a 3.5 Vow, but GM passed it because Snowflake was throwing a hissyfit.

So anyway:

>Snowflake and Butch sneaked out of FortVillage in the middle of the night to sneak into the Gnoll Siege camp. None of them had darkvision. The gnolls had. Nevertheless, they managed to do pretty good rolls and sneaked in the tallgrass like they were pokemons.
>They managed to sneak past several patrols and approach the biggest tent: that’s where the leader must be. Because biggest tent=their leader is there. Once again, they managed to sneak closer to it, and by this time, I’m questioning the GM’s rolls on perception. Butch cut open a small part on the tent to enter.
>Butch was ready to do this, fuck up the leader, even if it means her end. She was born for this.
>Before she could do anything, Snowflake… Once again: ’Guess how the day was won’
I’ll give you a start:

„Snowflake entered the tent before Butch, and approached the leader to…

Have hot buttsex

"Snowflake entered the tent before Butch, and approached the leader to negotiate with him despite, a: it is pretty clear that the gnolls wanted to murderbone everyone; b: she didn’t even know whether the gnoll knew common. High charisma, high diplomacy, and the gnoll leader told them that they will roll over their village and take it over, because they were outcasts and were driven out from their homeland by the BBEG’s army, who was causing all sort of shit there, so they needed a new home, and look at that: there’s this dinky little village in the middle of nowhere. Butch rolled for init meanwhile, but Snowflake talked her out of it in private. No, Snowflake should be the one saving the day, because „She is the face”. In a nutshell:

>Snowflake took pity on the gnoll, because ’But they were just trying to survive. It is US who are the monsters!’.
>GM kept saying that they are evil, they already killed several villagers, and won’t just stop because a 16yo tart ask them nicely to stop.
>She ignored the fact that the gnolls wants to BUTCHER and probably EAT everyone, like they already did to several other villages.
>Butch, despite being her bodyguard was ready to chop Snowflake in half.

Snowflake’s solution in the end: ’Let’s all be friends!’. She literally said that. Then she revealed her plan to have the gnolls move in, or expand the village, and we can live together hand in hand.

GM told us afterwards: You were supposed to escape from the village with the ratfolk archmage. Eventually we did got away and got back on track:

>The gnolls and the village became buddies, and everyone ignored those who were killed in combat.
>Snowflake and the Gnoll leader had:
>The gnolls started to construct a fortress as the party got back on the plot train as they were recruited by the archmage ratfolk.

[cont.]

Gnoll leader should have eaten her face and fucked her butt desu sempai

>Horny then had celebratory sex with the archmage Ratfolk. In the same tent as Punpun.
>Punpun tried to play it off, and awkwardly climb out of the tent, but suddenly, Horny used grapple. IC and OOC I tried to nope out of this whole situation.
>Snowflake, being the goodie of the Group showed up as she heard the struggling and the screeching kobold. Apparently she saw nothing wrong with it, and told me that I should lighten up, it's just a prank bro.
>Next morning, Gnoll Leader boyfwiend shows up, and suddenly he is now a member of our team because Snowflake says so.

In the end: Notes are being passed between Punpun and GM. He wants to end this shit, it got out of hand, because he couldn't say 'no' to her, fearing the hissyfit. There was one last hissyfit though, which was cut off as the GM nuked the gameroom.

>An ominous night passed.
>A kobold disappeared from the camp.
>A gnoll was lying in a pool of his own blood
>Snowflake screamed in rage

Fuck Snowflake.

I'm guessing you're Punpun, here.

I know there's more sides to the story than just this and parts of the story are probably false/biased, but Snowflake still sounds like she stole the spotlight even when other players wanted to participate, so yeah, fuck Snowflake.

Hope the gnoll fucked his girlfriend's butt while he had a chance.

wait, a picture of a ratfolk in armor but missing her pants?

damn I think I know that image :)

Link it?

So the GM gave you an unwinnable scenario off the bat and the face chooses to not play murderhobo number 6 of the party in response. Anything and everything the PCs might be interested in the world is ten seconds from a horrific bloody death regardless of their actions. The rails make no sense but they're always in the direction players don't want to go. No communication about game expectations before entering.
Yep ya got me OP, baited hard.

Admittedly, the GM told us afterwards that we should have got the fuck out fo the village,and would have been one of the optional hooks to see why the fuck would an entire army march through the place, track them, or track them back to where they came from. The problem is not that she is not a murderhobo, the problem is that she wants to force sunshine and rainbows on the gnolls, because friendship.
GM thought they were going to spy on them, try to get some information when they sneaked out to the siege camp. Turned out Butch wanted assassination, Snowflake wanted to give the gnoll a warm hug. And from that point, the campaign shat itself, the GM wanted to bail. He wanted an open-world thing going on, with one of the possibilities to find out what was causing the gnolls to migrate so far from their homes.

I guess it was supposed to be a prologue-thing, which would make the characters work together, and the archmage was there to save our arses if we did something stupid.

Probably due to the GM's inexperience, and because he couldn't say 'no', Snowflake could hijack the game. Actually, looking back, I guess in a way, the GM really was at fault for being such a pushover, and let Snowflake hijack the game in a way, that would make no sense, and would destroy his mood to be GM again. I guess you got me there.

>wanting to be friends with Gnolls
>she is the good guy
>dm is the bad guy

No, fuck you. After reading this, I would end the campaign just after she tried to hissyfit her
"Intimidate the Gnoll Leader"

t. the most entitled player on earth

>answering a question is bait.
Just go kys. Also your game sucks.

>that image

Go easy on him, he's just a newfag. See

Assuming everything about this is 100% true facts, I'm gonna pull a quick aside to rant about something that triggered me.

I'll never understand people who insist on overpowered homebrew bullshit and then whine when it doesn't pander out. Does anyone else feel like they're the only ones who play [their game of choice] to actually play [their game of choice]?

If you want 100% dominion over your character's abilities and powers, go join a gaia role play. Don't shit up someone else's game with your whiny fanfiction tier Mary sue horse shit.

> 200% MAD
>projecting
>baited
>gb2/gaia/
>who am I quoting

I think that just about covers the bases.