/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

Laughing, Crying and Furiously Fapping edition

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Proper Duncan
youtu.be/ILbCXD3P6kc

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12819985
youtu.be/NQtqMDeXkus
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for the Ynnari.

Post inspo for a heretek

ork boys on 32mm bases when?

Fapping furiously to BLACKED?

Will Alpharius ever get a model? Is the Alpha legion actually heretic? Is Alpharius dead?

>Space Marines
>Imperial Forces
>Chaos
>Xenos Empires
>Xenos Hordes (Orks and Nids)

Choose your allegiance.
strawpoll.me/12819985

It's to the point where I can't tell if this is ironic, autism or ironic autism.

Did GW actually announce this would be happening?

No, people are just shitposting.

Who will be right ? what will be anounced today ?

Dorn killed Alpharius. This is fact, because BL writers know how to raise the stakes in a meaningful way or show a character being competent beyond punching something.

forgot pic

Nope. Alpharius is under deep cover as the Golden Throne.

Weapons
My bet is bolter, heavy bolter, missile launcher and something else

Oh that's nice. I got caught in the image.

I'm looking forward to mad tau guy again.

>Necrons are still 'destruction' faction in muh headcannon.

I am rather hoping that bolters are no rend, heavy bolter at -1 rend.

I'd prefer to see armour saves reduced more than negated this edition.

>C'tan bitches
Newcrons >>>>> Oldcrons

Dunno and weapon profiles today

The Alpha Legion is just waiting for Chaos to let its guard down. Than BAM! They return to Terra as heros, Guilleman unmasks himself as Alpharius, who than unmasks himself as Omegnon, before they unmask The Emperor as the real Alpharius.

Bolters should be -1, Heavy bolters -2
Bolters fire fucking mini rockets with explosive charges, those will chip your ceramic armor and destroy flak jackets.

the rubric are -5 ?

My main concern is the sheer amount of high AP stuff about already. I'd rather see them step away from that 'Only 2+ saves matter' ledge by toning down rending.

>Every History of Every Faction = "Hubris Ends Badly"
>But no muh Newcrons.

Fuck that, roboslaves forever.

I mean with any kinds of modifiers every armor save except power armor is already fucking useless so I'd gladly see Marines fucked over as well.

A heavy bolter at -1 would drop carapace armour down to a 5+. That's not terrible. Battle Cannons, a bit less fun at -2 presumably but a save is better than no save.

On one hand a bolter only being -1 would make flak armor slightly better by actually allowing guardsmen a 6+ save, but carapace would be worse by reducing the save to 5+.

I guess cover will be the name of the game if any type of main infantry gun has any kind of rend.

It makes carapace armor objectively worse than in 7th though. It's not a huge change, but still.

I don't even know how specialized high ap weapons like hot-shot lasguns and rubric bolters will work now. Probably a -2 modifier where they normally would have none?
I'd rather have Heavy Bolters be fucking awesome tbqh

>>Every History of Every Faction = "Hubris Ends Badly"

Orks, Tyranids.

Wait, shit, you were talking about heavy bolters, not bolters.

>It makes carapace armor objectively worse than in 7th though. It's not a huge change, but still.

...what? A heavy bolter in 7e flat denies carapace armour. A 5+ is a big step up from nothing.

I just saw bolter at a glance and thought you were talking about regular bolters.

>I'd rather have Heavy Bolters be fucking awesome tbqh

Honestly, a -1 save mod is far from a bad thing. It's a nice increase in damage and (From my limited experience listening to the Sigmar players) something considered really nice to have.

Ah, nah.

My preferences would be 'No mod for bolters' (They do get the extra strength over lasguns and the fluff reason for them, taking out orks, isn't helped much by that rend). -1 on AP4 weapons, -2 on AP 3 weapons, -3 on AP 2 weapons, -4 on AP 1 weapons.

Basically 'If it would just negate your save before, you'll be left with a little save but not much'.

But that's due to me feeling like armour is a bit meaningless right now and that AP 1/AP2 have no real separation.

I guess I'm having bad memories from playing the local Death Guard
How often do you make a 5+ save? 33% of the time?
No, with Death Guard you make it 90% of the time and with Imperial Guard you make it 10% of the time if you're allowed to even take it

I feel the death of Warhammer 40k coming soon. I don't know why but ever since they ruined Warhammer Fantasy I know 40k is next.

The Golden Throne will fail, the Primarchs that still live will come back and everything will go End Times.

The Universe reset will happen soon after and then?

Shit.

Shit. Everywhere.

>collect both xenos and chaos armies
>can't decide which faction deserves my support more after years of getting bashed by imperial wankery.

At least we'll still have one edition until then.

Chaos.

They are the true underdogs and only have four armies representing them.

>Chaos
>Underdogs
The fuck you smoking

Oh dont worry.

They will stop the progression at one point for another 30 years really soon.

With free core rules they'll probably be releasing a bunch of campaign books so things will be happening at least. Mostly not things that matter on a grand scale but who knows.

I can only hope they'll go back to Armageddon-style campaigns.

>they are true underdogs

>chaos will always win

Could you kindly rephrase that? I don't get what you are saying exactly.

>collect imperial guard and sisters
>cannot decide which one is worse
>decades of getting shafted by space marine fanwank and eldar dickery
>oh and tau do everything I do but better
>just watched the 3 year old marine kit get updated yet again
>mfw my model youngest line was last updated in 2000

It's not imperial wankery user, it's space Mary sue's of various flavours. Baring marines and mechanicus no imperial faction has been updated since the early 2000's.

I reckon normal bolters will be -1 like 2nd ed and SW:A. That might not apply to all S4 weapons though

I don't think it's necessarily going to follow the AP route all the time but instead the number of wound will become the major differentiating factor for what were AP1/2 weapons

>always win
>when Orks and Nids exist

Did you forget the Ogryns and Leman Russ updates?
To be honest even if there was a warboss to unite all orks, the rest of the universe would just have to devise a way to kill him and the threat would disband for another million years.

pic related

There's supposedly a global campaign coming this summer, but with the release of 8th ed that wouldn't be too surprising.

Exactly what I meant.

GW will stop the story progression at one point so they can milk this franchise as much as they could.

in part. they've announced all the army rules will be in 5 books.
how the factions are arranged in those books is speculation.

Reminded that this is Saint Celestine thicc song.

youtu.be/NQtqMDeXkus

So Warhammer live on Friday is Sisters vs Tzeentch Daemons, what are the odds that there'll be plastic sisters?

>lets focus the story on how humanity is the ultimate good and ultimate evil

Allow me to correct myself:
No updates in 17 years baring an ugly unit no one ever uses because it is Shit, a slight update to our overpriced basic tank to add in some extra guns and a new fugly transport no one wanted.

Actually fuck nevermind a Global campaign was what lead to AoS
If there's an amount after 0 that's so small it can't be observed in realspace, that's the chance.

And more than likely marines will be in the same book as the rest of the imperials, no matter how much people want to meme about them being in their own.

New from the rumor mill. What the hell is this?

Im a Tyranid player myself tbqh, and I don't really like the Imperium/Chaos wank either.

I just thought the picture is funny, is all.

100,000% there will be plastic sisters.

Tzeentch Daemons will likely be getting a new thing spoiled?

A new tyranid codex

Cheldar shit ?

Also decent looking Stormtroopers in plastic.
And yeah I'm really sad about what they did to basic ogryns compared to the metal ones, but at least Bulgryns with gas masks look nice.

Necron symbols. Blade looks Tyranid though.

Strange.

They announced 8th, they also say there will be 5 books.

That either means 1 is the rule book and 4 armies or 5 army books and a rulebook.

>let's focus on how humanity is the ultimate good and warcraft orcs and zergs are the ultimate evil

Looks like Taudar.

I'm pretty sure they said all armies were being released across the 5 books.

chaos eldar
bleh

>it won't turn out the tyranids are weapons of the Old Ones sent to do what the orks failed to
>the orks and tyranids wont form hybrids like the protoss and zerg
missed opportunity for a new army tbqhwyf

Or one rulebook, one scenery book and the other three are the armybooks for Imperium, Chaos and Xenos.

Probably a shot of the Xenos codex. There appears to be Nids, Necrons and maybe even Tau there

Those symbols are Eldar. At the very least the one on the right with the triangle is absolutely an Eldar symbol. The one for Farseer's I think actually.

right symbol is Eldar, left is Necron, don't know what they specifically mean though

Hrud confirmed or the Hrud concept with a TM name.

If it is an Eldar shit and it is not Asepect Warrior update it will be automatically shit.

XENOS EMPIRES CODEX

okay looked it up the Eldar symbol literally means Eldar. So yeah probably the Xenos book

I fear this the most.

>Xenos armies become one codex
>marine armies are still get numerous codexes for each chapter

How would Veeky Forums react to this?

I believe it's a new Trazyn shit
The rune next to the Eldar is probably Farsight Enclave

Alright guys lets brake it down.

There is clearly a ring with symbols each representing a different race. The Eldar Symbol literally means "Eldar", not Biel Tan or anything like that. There are also 3 spaces for a 1/4 of a circle. Totaling for 12 different races. The races are likely to be grouped next to their allies.

I believe this is to be the 8th Edition Rulebook, not the Xeno's Empires book.

Nothing changes, nothing ever will
Every year another Space Marine, another codex to fill.
Same old story, what's the use of tears?
What's the use of praying if there's nobody who hears?

Will there be meme rules in this edition like AoS?

Will how you paint your minis affect any rules?

yeah my guess is
Imperium
Chaos
Eldar
Organised xenos (tau and necrons)
horde xenos (tyranids, GSC and orks)

What about the big ol Tyranid claw?

I want red painted vehicles to go faster.

God damn it why is 3rd edition best edition? It is sad that is the best by comparison.

no matter what happens Veeky Forums is going to be full of shitposting

A, good point - I nearly forgot about those. They actually did do a good job on those, but it is a pity the rules are so terrible that almost no one ever uses them.
Virtually none. Let's face it, we have been getting plastic sisters rumours for years, and gw has trolled the community before with them. But if there are plastic sisters I will buy them.
Once again, not imperial/chaos wankery. It is basically alk marine/eldar wankery. You don't see guard or sisters getting much of a mention do you.

So the recently spoiled stats for marines were interesting. All my local gamers are whining that allowing lasguns to wound anything on a 6+ is going to ruin the game, so I felt compelled to do some math.

Assuming guardsmen can get three shots with rapid fire and First Rank Fire, and that they still hit on 4+, I got this:

>Versus Dreadnaught with 8 wounds and 3+ save
> ((1/((3/6)*(1/6)*(2/6)))/3)*8=96

On average you need 96 guardsmen to kill a Dreadnaught in one shooting phase

>Versus Rowboat Girlyman with 9 wounds, 2+ save, and assumed 5+ feel no pain
> ((1/((3/6)*(1/6)*(1/6)*(4/6)))/3)*9=324

On average, 324 guardsmen will kill Robin Girlscout, not considering he reanimates

Doesn't seem too bad. One of my buds whines particularly much about his Land Raiders, but I'm going to assume they have the same stats as the primarch or so.

Its not a claw, its the corner of a skull

Chaos has literally no interesting factions. Chaos SM are just normal SM but worse, both in models and rules. Leaves you with demons who are more fantasy than furutistic space.

nah fuck that shit.
tyranids are better just as their own totally alien thing.

The issue is that it can happen.

nah that lower bit is definitely a claw.

just like IRL

>IRL

Kill yourself. Tyranids are awesome solely because they don't have any point.

They weren't created to fight chaos, or any other threat.

They exist because of the most basic, primal force in the galaxy: they evolved to kill, instead of be killed.

Tyranids are apex as fuark