Custom Guardsmen Regiment

Hey Veeky Forums, /K/ommando here, been thinking of getting into 40k as Imperial guard and got a great idea. I wan't to start a guard regiment based off the Baathist Military forces of Saddam, Assad, and Gaddafi, with a attachment of Tempestus Scions based on Russian advisers like the Spetsnaz.

I though don't know how I would go about getting the right parts to make it, I thought Tallarn looked to much like Beduins and not organized looking enough to replicate their armies. I was thinking some Mix of Cadian and Tallarn parts, though not sure if I could find better parts somewhere else.

Would involve a lot of time and effort to get the right feel like Arabic or random moonrunes on sides of Bane-blades and Leman Russ tanks. Valkyries and Vendettas would be modified to look like Mi series Hinds.

The Regiment would also be heavily Mechanized with Significant Armour support either on the field or in reserve.

Other urls found in this thread:

maxmini.eu/conversion-bits/head-swaps/desert-dwellers-heads-bits
puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=277
eurekaminusa.com/collections/modern-afghans
eurekaminusa.com/collections/modern-afghan-national-police/products/100mod072-afghan-national-police-in-helmets
eurekaminusa.com/collections/russians-afghan-war-28mm/products/100mod255-mechanized-infantry-in-helmet-with-ak74
maxmini.eu/conversion-bits/head-swaps/brotherhood-heads-bits
anvilindustry.co.uk/Regiments/Regiments-Range-Guide
1d4chan.org/wiki/Hua_Yuan_Exterminators
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also may try to get a draw friend of mine to redo this but replace Assad with the Emperor and do some other stuff to Warhammer it.

You might even want to have some Hezbollah forces as well - as they're considered by some to be the best forces next to the Russians fighting in Syria

Could use them as Veterans. What do ya think?

Still does anybody know where I could get models that look close to these Arabs?

Your basic troops are Conscripts, then. Elite troops (Tiger Forces, Republican Guard, Hezzie) are the Guardsmen.

What you first have to consider is that all those arab forces are/were utter and unsalvagable shit. There is literally nothing good to say about them, even their supposedly elite units are subpar in every respect.

I guess you should use the 30k Militia rules, they are a lot better for representing such lack of quality (you can have BS2 tanks and such). Also, forget commissars, priests, and such. Your dudes should run off the table frequently and you should lose by rout more than from actually suffering casualties.

Just some advice, youll find it very difficult to get tallarn nowadays.

Also I think baathist military forces should be served well in 40k with lots of commissars. More paranoid about loyalty rather than combat effectiveness.

At their paper best they followed as you probably know, alot of russian doctrine. So tanks, mechanized infantry, etc... Surround your more elite forces with conscripts representing local arab militias and NDF type units.

I agree and understand that. I never said I wasn't prepared to take hits due to my choice of forces.

You think I should use cadian models but paint them brown and try to get a lot of faces with beards then? Maybe some catachan heads for some of them too since a lot of bandannas and caps.

Also dumping some images of exact uniforms real quick.

Should Hezbollah be Storm Troopers, or just regular guard like said?

>wanting to play an Islamic force
>shoehorning it into 40k
>not playing Infinity Haqqislam or a historical game

FUCK OFF

40k is shit. Stop trying to shoehorn every goddamn idea ever into a shitty fucking game by a shitty fucking company that sold out over a decade ago.

Fuck Games Workshop.

>(you)

Check Aeronautica stuff. You'd probably like Vultures (which are basically 40k gunships). Stormtroopers on Vendettas/Valks are also a neat way to do Russians.
By the way, Scions box has a shitton of heads in berets which would work nice on default cadians.

I like the idea of a large galactic war and all that shit, and Guard are all based off real world militaries so I would like to follow that script and make one for a specific group not represented. Don't know why you came here to just be an asshole though.

>what are tallarn desert raiders

>By the way, Scions box has a shitton of heads in berets which would work nice on default cadians.

Came here to say this, lot of em have facial hair too.

I would also recommend the fantasy flagellants for bearded faces/close combat weapons and Catachans for bandanas / torsos without armour.

Because I want more people to play good games that aren't shit so that I can also play good games rather than going to places and seeing people play shitty games that they shoehorn every idea they have into because they are so deep up GW's asshole that they can see sunlight on the other side.

Take 1 company command squad, give them camo cloaks and 4 sniper rifles.
Ejoy your cloaked vets with a senior officer that can issue amazing orders that allow your snipers to ignore enemy cover, give them monster hunter etc. Seems pretty Hezbollah to me.

Thanks any specific Gunship that would work like the Hind? Again i'm new, though the Hind is both a transport and a Attack helicopter that is great at killing tanks with Rockets, and ATGMs while the 30mm tears up infantry. Anything like that? Here is a pic incase you don't know?

Dude i'm new here and just wan't ideas. Most of my time is spent shooting guns and shit, don't blame me if you don't have people to play with i'm new to all of this.

So why don't you look into Team Yankee, a 15mm game where you can actually have Mi24 Hinds fight M1A1 tanks and Bradley AFV's with TOW missiles and shit like that?

No rotor wing aircraft but it sounds pretty much like the Valkyrie to me buddy. Gunship with troop carrying capacity.

Just so you know, we're about to see a big rules revamp in about a month or two, so if you want to start modelling these guys I would hold off any big vehicles purchases until you know what's good. Maybe start with a squad.

>hold off any big vehicles purchases until you know what's good

GW can't even make a game that doesn't suck so much that even their shills warn you away from buying their shit.

Because i'm actually in the military and don't need to play a game to scratch that itch. Though I don't get to command Regiments against Demons, Traitors, Xenos and such though, and the diffrence between them and Iraq, and Russia is the W40k enemies are actually fucking outrageously evil. Though you did catch my interest and i'll look into it. How are the rules for nations like Iraq, Syria, and Libya and say fighting against the US 2nd Armored Division? Also East Germany always been a fan of them.

>Thanks any specific Gunship that would work like the Hind?
Basically, by default you have two flyers: Valkyrie (your flying APC, closest thing to Hinds you can get, it has a multilaser to deal with infantry and can carry rocket pods) and Vendetta (modification with limited cargo capacity and anti-tank retrofit).
Vulture is a Forge World model that is closer to Mi-28. It has a heavy bolter turret and a shitton of retrofits from AT missiles and rocket pods to a fucking twin-linked gattling cannon to ensure full annihilation of anything that has 4 limbs. Pic related.

>so why don't you look into Team Yankee

Because he wants to play 40k.

Also that in 40k I can defend Humanity and not the fucking shadow deep state bullshit we have, but that politics and this is Veeky Forums so i'll leave it at that.

More like another user with an expensive outdoorsy hobby that takes up most of his money advising him against rash purchases so he doesn't buy shit units.

Then again that does seem to be the theme he's going for.

If you think 40k is so shit, can you please fuck off from 40k threads?

You open to 3rd party models?

Also, just ignore the bleeting autist and he'll go away.

Fair enough.

You'd probably want to use the USSR rules to represent Iraq, Syria, and Libya fighting against the US 2nd Armored, because that is most likely who would be supplying the munitions in that case.

East Germany has their own specific force for Team Yankee.

You could also put together something for the Israel - Arabic conflict.

Yeah i'm fine with 3rd Party.

no. If I can keep one person from falling for GW's shit, then I have literally saved a life from damnation.
Fuck you.

Dude, maybe like go outside? Your life can't possibly be this empty.

>It's a rapeugee tries to get into 40k

I didn't realize the swedish aid was that profitable

anyway make sure to make the minis fat

>spending 30 minutes talking about a game on a Wednesday afternoon
>dude your life must be so empty
How does that make any fucking sense?

lel, okay ahmed

>US 5 and 8
heh.

Alright give me a minute, doing this on my phone is difficult. Anyway, here's some options for heads to start.

maxmini.eu/conversion-bits/head-swaps/desert-dwellers-heads-bits

Actually i'm American but mixed Black and White, and i'm Eastern Orthodox Christian. I just like Saddam, Assad, and Gaddafi aesthetic. Also this is Veeky Forums fuck off and let us focus.

Thanks a lot man! These will be useful.

Also heads bit more stylized.
puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=277

Full mini.

eurekaminusa.com/collections/modern-afghans

Anything Arab but with helmets? You don't need to link but any ideas where to look would be find. But yeah these will definitely be used, thanks again.

Fraid I can't think of anything off of the top of my head. I checked my usual sources and they didn't have anything. Had to scrape the barrel to find these.

Its all good this is more than I expected thank you. Know anything I could use to Proxy an Army based around STALKER?

The fact that your hatred of a game consumes enough to actively seek out discussions of that game for the sole purpose of bitching DOES kind of point to you not having a lot going on in life other than anger.

Maybe go take a walk?

Hmmm that's difficult. I honestly don't know, but I can give you some places to look. In addition to the sites listed above, which all have model ranges you can look through you can also check Victoria miniature and Regiments. Let me know if you need links.

Alright thanks anyways man.

Bit busy right now, but if this is still up later I'll go hunting for you and see what I can find.

There's this from that other user's site:
eurekaminusa.com/collections/modern-afghan-national-police/products/100mod072-afghan-national-police-in-helmets

And
eurekaminusa.com/collections/russians-afghan-war-28mm/products/100mod255-mechanized-infantry-in-helmet-with-ak74

Alright I've got a minute lets see...

For the hooded look
maxmini.eu/conversion-bits/head-swaps/brotherhood-heads-bits

might do the job, but I just can't seem to find anything for the rest of it, though it looks almost like some stuff out of the GSC range...

>shoehorn every idea they have

As a person who plays both games.

Infinity has the motherfucking chinease in it. You cant get more shoehorny than appealing to the chinease market.

Do you really think that I need to "actively seek out these discussions"? Veeky Forums is drowning in mountains of shitty GW shillage since they are too cowardly to run their own forums. It's no surprise. I wouldn't want to run forums if I was them. They spent the past thirteen years shitting on the community that they created. Fuck Games Workshop.

Howabout, if you don't want to see hate for your precious little piece of shit game of jewel like wonder, don't post about it on a public forum. Fuck you.

Its funny that you think that whatever buisness practice has you so angry outweighs the attraction of a genuinly interesting IP.

>the attraction of a generation of nerds stuck in a lifetime of sunk cost fallacy

ftfy

Since no ones Linked Anvil Industries stuff yet:

anvilindustry.co.uk/Regiments/Regiments-Range-Guide

They have a lot of modernesque looking weapons and gear as well as more fanciful stuff. Not sure if it'll fall into that uncanny valley of stuff that's meant to look real but not for a /k/ommando though.

Behold, the most operator Regiment
1d4chan.org/wiki/Hua_Yuan_Exterminators

Ok, so for one thing you need to exaggerate some aspects of these dudes if you want them to look good on the table. So i'd seriously look at using those beret heads for every trooper, along with catachan torsos and legs, alternativly space marine scout legs look a little more tactical. You dont want the cadian legs, they have the bottom of the tunic on them. Also the genestealers have arms which arnt as muscled as the catachans. They also have autoguns which look kinda metal. Though you could probably use lasguns from the catachans too.

However getting the bits for all of these is going to cost quite a lot of money.

This isnt about sunk costs.

I simply enjoy the IP.

When i play i only play killteam because i cannot be bothered to buy a whole army.

Wheres your sunk cost fallacy now?

Oh fuck off with your tacky chinease china-boo shit. I didnt take part in the thread while the autism was being generated and i wont stand for it now.

How much do you post in /sg/ lad?

Be honest, we're among friends here

It looks like the Exterminators have some competition

>chinease
Like a neck pillow?

Suck cock shitter, don't hate on one of the few things Veeky Forums has actually Got Shit Done on in the past few years because you hate fun.

It's SUPPOSED to be tacky, and the "China-boo" shit is an aesthetic.

Northern Africa Campaign SAS in space

>It's SUPPOSED to be tacky, and the "China-boo" shit is an aesthetic.

I dont really need to defeat you when you defeat yourself like that.

>got shit done
I dont think doing shit can truely be said to having got shit done.

Its like going to the toilet and instead of taking a shit, the shit takes you.

>That entire post

Ah, you're a retard I see. I'll let you be, it's wrong to mess with autistic children after all.

>the man with no taste likes Huan-Yawn excreters
Ok anything as long as you stop talking. I'll even let you have the last word after this one.

Dude, if some autistic kid writing a piece of shit until he drops is considered TG Gets Shit Done nowadays, it's time for this board to go the way of Carthage.

>It's SUPPOSED to be tacky
This is another form of "I was only pretending to be retarded!", isn't it.

>every named Tallarn character has an Arabic name

Think it's safe to say they're a mix of elements.

There was like, eleven threads, what are you, new? Hua Yuan wasn't just one dude, it was consistently around 60 odd people in each thread.

And it's LITERALLY meant to be a tacky eyesore. We rolled the colors, got a hideous magenta, purple, teal, tan mix and went with it. Then faux 80's tackiness became a thing