Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1465: Over-Repeated Songs Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/livingspell.shtml
dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Blade_Barrier
fanfiction.net/s/5834947/1/Aeon-Entelechy-Evangelion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know we have these questions fairly frequently, but are there any jumps you guys really want to see in the near future?

Mortal Kombat. Tekken. Basically, any big fighting game that we don't already have.

Rolled 145 (1d816)

Mike, Lou, and Ogg.

Generic Princess Rescue gauntlet

WIP/Claimed:
>WW2 (WIP? I saw some incomplete version on the drive.)
>Youjo Senki (WIP!)
>Cthulhutech (Claimed by some user?)
>Diablo (SJ-Chan is working on it~)
>Drakengard/Nier (I seem to recall somebody saying they were going to make a jump for each game in the series?)
>Addams Family (Claimed by some namefag.)

Existential Failure:
>Theros
>Ravnica (Might just start working on it, myself eventually.)
>Orphen
>Chaos Legion
>Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
>Saga (Image Comics)
>A Colder War
>Cube (Might work best as a gauntlet.)
>Fight Club
>Generic Medieval Folklore (Stay out of the woods edition.)
>Metropolis (1927 Film)
>Blade Runner
>Howl's Moving Castle
>Legend of the Dragoon
>Midkemia
>Dark Lord of Derkholm
>Reign Of Fire
>Ubel Blatt
>Sleeping Beauty (Green flame, minions, dragon alt-form, enchanted weapon and shield, etc.)
>Generic (Jumper, Push, I Am Number 4)
>Kill Six Billion Demons
>Evil Dead
>Oglaf (Hahahaha, it'll never happen.)
>Dungeon Meshi (Generic Dungeon Crawl?)
>The Binding of Isaac
>Tangled (Movies, Series - Cassandra companion option pls.)
>Dornian Heresy
>Harry Potter and the 30 Hs
>Archie Horror (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina/Afterlife With Archie)
>Starship Troopers

Needs Updated:
>Familiar of Zero (Currently bare-bones, doesn't reflect canon.)
>American McGee's Alice (Currently has no Butterfly Dodge, or Hysteria (and of lesser interest Demon, Insect, Invisible) modes.)
>Forgotten Realms (Currently bare-bones and... not that great, honestly. TIME DRAGONS, etc.)
>Mass Effect (Currently relies too much on jumper knowledge of the games, not enough description, too closely matches the games - imo.)
>A Practical Guide To Evil (Can't wait for the update.)
>Samurai Jack (New season, and all that.)
>Hellgate: London (Needs more description, less game abstraction.)

SWTOR

KOTOR doesn't fill that niche?

Mahabharata.

So, /jc.

Personae in Persona 5 are based off literary references. Arsene Lupin, Zorro, Robin Hood, etc.

What would be yours?

>Chaos Legion
I could probably crack this pretty easily, but if I can do it then anyone else can too.

Cthulhutech
Exalted - Alchemicals
Anything xianxia. I am a bit of a 'ho for xianxia. It's my guilty pleasure.
PL Jump
Those who hunt elves
Witchblade
Spawn

A jump based on an abridged series.
I don't know how possible it would be or even if it would be that different from the original, but I would find it fascinating if someone tried and made such a jump.

Actually, just on the topic, does anyone know if any xianxia type jumps are in the works?

Will you be including some method of Tager customization, or is Canon Tagers only? Ditto for Mecha. Will you be including any Scenarios or large-scale Drawbacks that basically give create a Plot for you to follow? Please include options to Import previous Mecha/Power Armour. What are you going to be pricing things at? 1/2/4/6?

Lots of things currently being made/claimed like KonoSuba & Youjo Senki. I'd also like Re:Monster, Tensai Shitara Ken, Tensai Shitara Slime, and Kumo Desu Ga. In the far future I'd like to see Musuko ga Kawaikute

Only on SB as far as I know.

World Seed was the most recent, I think.
I am not sure if it's finished, though.
I can't recall any others except Herculeanon's remaking of Coiling Dragon for consumption here, and that's a long-term thing from what I understand.
Is there a particular Xianxia you'd like to be made into a jump?

>Tager customization, or is Canon Tagers only
I really hope that Tager's will not have to deal with the personality issues, or having to behave in certain unpleasant ways to sympathise with the Tager and evolve it.
I undertsand it is thematic, but it would be horrible to go through and properly imagine how a jumper would go through it without inadvertant self-parody.

That's a really good idea, but I can do you one better.

Head to Forgotten Realms. It has to be Forgotten Realms, not any of the other D&D settings, because this is something unique to that setting.

Import Kamidachi and make her a Living Spell, which is a template you can slap on any existing spell and make a creature out of.
realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/livingspell.shtml

But which spell? Blade Barrier. A 6th level Cleric spell, sure, but it doesn't matter for the purpose of importing her as a Living Spell. You don't even have to know how to cast it.
dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Blade_Barrier

Admittedly, at Challenge Rating 11 it would be tough to afford it, but then Kamidachi would be a literal curtain of mobile, deadly swords. She's innately be Large sized, but if you pump her CR up by 2 by investing more points, she's skyrocket to Huge. And that's a lot of swords!

>Addams Family
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. People are welcome to give it the old college try if they want. I've dropped my claim because I couldn't get the tone right. I'll keep trying, but I don't want to stop others from working on it.

>Forgotten Realms Update
We're not getting permission for that, so it's best to focus on encouraging someone to make a Baulder's Gate, Sword Coast, or Icewind Dale Jump instead. Any of those more specific settings would make lovely Jumps.

Would like to see:
>Owlboy
>Factorio
>Subnatuica Gauntlet
>Studio Ghibli everything
>Stardew Valley
>This War of Mine Gauntlet
>Transistor
>Evil Genius

There's so many more. But I've come to the conclusion that if I really want something, I'm just going to have to make it myself. I just wish I knew more about writing Gauntlets.

Darksiders.

Oh, can I ask what jumps, please?

>The actual normal people origin is the one with no background at all.

Jump # 59 Macross
Background: Singer (0)
Race: Human (0)

Perks:
*Serene Sonata (0)
*Basic Training (0)
*Lyrical Repository (0)
*Graceful Reflexes (0)
*Voice of gold (100, Discount)
*Heart of gold (100, Discount)
*Music Meister(200, Discount)
*Ravishing Rogue (200, Discount)
*Listen to my song! (300, Discount)
*Listen to my voice (300, Discount)
*Touched by Protoculture (500)
Equipment:
*Space Suit (0)
*Money (0)
*Flashy Clothing (0)
Varitech (+1000 VP) Yes I turned it in to a flying Rave
*Basic Varitech fighter (0)
*Drums of war (100 VP)
-Amplifier (100 Vp)
-Sweet Song Seduction (100 Vp)
- Speaker pod Gamma (100 vp)
-Feel my voice (100 vp)
*Flying with finesse (50)
*Additional Thrusters (50)
*Emergency Thrusters (200)
*Laser emitter pod (200)
Drawbacks:
*Living Mcguffin (+300)
*Rival (+200)
*Public Opinion (+200)

Hey Manyfist, are you there?

>Baulder's Gate, Sword Coast, or Icewind Dale Jump instead. Any of those more specific settings would make lovely Jumps.
Agreed. Those are lovely settings.
I would really like jumps made of them.

>Addams Family
>Exalted: Abyssals (I want to be the goth. And also Necromancy.)
>Kill Six Billion Demons
>Destroy All Humans
>Emperor's Text to Speech Device
>Disney's Hercules
>Gloryhammer
>Ava's Demon (But more needs to been explained. Thinking of doing it myself when it is though)
>Toy Story
>Spore (SporeAnon's stuff sounds fucking awesome)
>Dexter's Laboratory
>Powerpuff Girls
>Star Vs The Forces of Evil
>Pathfinder
>Lilo and Stitch
>Phineas and Ferb
>Godzilla (Movies)
>Life is Strange
>Council of Wyrms
>Sim City
>more MtG jumps, especially New Phyrexia and Lorwyn
>The Salvation War
>40k Orkz and Necrons

Wow… this jump progressed quickly. I started out singing at some dive bar that I wasn’t even old enough to drink at. It just so happens that someone in attendance was a big wig in the music industry (Yeah strangely that wound up being true) and next thing I know I am the next big thing. The next Sharyl (who I actually met and became good friends with, both her and the girl she was mentoring)

I became very successful especially with the military, my songs apparently carried a fighting spirit with them (I am a bard) which enabled our fighting men to fight for longer and harder.

So I wound up spending a lot of time working with the military they even gave me my own Veritech… though it was an old clunker they probably got out of a museum modified with speaker equipment that would work in space.

Unfortunately during this time one girl back from the dive bar kept trying to show me up, one time she even stole my veritech to prove she was just as good at motivating people. I wound up having to rescue the idiot in the middle of a firefight.

Anyways it turns out there was some big conspiracy and people were manipulating the Vajra in to fighting us. Unfortunately I was too busy to discover any of that because I was busy singing and trying not to die. I was actually too busy to interact with the “Plot”.

I want muh Vette user.

>>Council of Wyrms
Seconded.
Let's face it, something like half of us (I believe) take being a true dragon in Forgotten Realms, anyway, might as well go whole hog and make a thing of it.

I think last time it came up Desolate Era, Great Ruler, and Skyfire Avenue were mentioned.

Desolate Era, I Shall Seal the Heavens...
Heck it would be a shorter list to say which Xianxia I wouldn't want a jump of.

Anyone know if anyone is interested in making a xianxia type jump but hasn't decided on a particular one? I could give recomendations if they'd like.

Did anyone claim them? Or were they just discussed? Please.

I'll try to allow for a full customization table for various faction Mecha and Tagers. I'll probably allow for the customisation of the personalities of any extra-dimensional beings you're tied to if you pay for it with CP. Yes, you can import. Pricing planned at 1/1/3/3/6/6, if that's okay.

I am getting quite excited for this. Thank you for taking this up.

>pic related
>someone pick up all the Sonic cartoons, both the ones that were being worked on got dropped
>more stuff Veeky Forums did (maybe Hektor Heresy?)
>Bakugan

>The namefag you are currently trying to reach is unavailable at the current time. If you wish to leave a message, please wait until after the beep.

>Beep

What'cha want?

>>Forgotten Realms (Currently bare-bones and... not that great, honestly. TIME DRAGONS, etc.)

That alone is probably one of the reasons that it will hardly ever be replaced.

It doesn't really matter, SB jumps are for SB. I think Dirge took Skyfire Avenue, but nobody else read TJ13 over there so it went down as "Who?"

If you're doing 1/1/3/3/6/6, please include some minor 50cp perks and items to spend leftover CP on, besides money. I imagine you'll be including Para-Psychics, right? Are you going to allow Zoner as an option, perhaps with a Mandatory Drawback for the duration of the Jump?

Now that making multiple Jumpw for particularly large settings is the norm, would you consider approving Jumps for specific Transformers series?

Baulder's Gate has a great story to it, but I literally cannot unbunch my panties at how stupidly designed all of the characters are. Who ever actually used characters this cross-classed? Imoen and Jaheira, I'm looking at both of you! And don't think you're getting off easy either Minsc you lovable bastard!

I might do Icewind Dale at some point in the future, but I'd have to actually beat the game for once. At least in that one I can design my party from the ground up to not be borked with cross-classing.

I think you're half-assing it, and rushing to get it done to spite that one guy from last thread. I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not, I hope you don't mind that I'm considering making a pair of alternative jumps focusing on the Shadow War and the Aeon War, after I finish reading through the sourcebooks.

>TJ13
Sorry but what is that. My Google Fu is weak and I can't find anything for it.

I don't get that impression myself.

>a pair of alternative jumps
This seems dangerous and against how we normally do things. is this really okay?

>spite that one guy
Oh, dear. You are that 'one guy' aren't you. Am I wrong?

Shorthand for Tang Jia San Shao. Same author that wrote Combat Continent. He's written several dozen Xianxia novels now.

>Reign Of Fire
The ultimate jump if you want dragon-pussy.
You know, if you're into that sort of thing.

I had hoped that we had left shitposting behind us in the last thread. Disappointing, user.

>Ravnica
I was told Ravnica was claimed when I asked about claiming it.

Already gave approval. So yeah, TF Jump can just serve as a generic TF jump. I wouldn't mind seeing more giant robots. After all chicks dig giant robots.

Not at all, and I don't think I'll be rushing it. I may be a little over-enthusiastic as this is my first Jump, but I really don't want it to be mediocre.

>The Salvation War
Seconded. Part 3 never ever. Fucking Slavs.

I'd love to see the Genius The Transgression finished as well as Leviathan The Tempest but I'm not holding out for it because I'm pretty sure they're long gone.
I'm pretty keen for most jumps people are already working on actually.

Thanks, user.

>Combat Continent.
Hmm, I wouldn't mind a jump of this setting, unfortunately more for it's cultivation system rather than the story or setting.

DMC but I unironically actually want it.

>This seems dangerous and against how we normally do things.
No, it's why we have a half dozen Exalted and WH40K jumps, two Metalacolypse jumps, something like four Star Wars jumps, etc.

>Oh, dear. You are that 'one guy' aren't you. Am I wrong?
You're wrong. I'm that guy who's reading through all the sourcebooks for instances of author fetish insertion. I just also started taking notes on the setting, because it was interesting.
So far, the only real squick comes from the EOD - three mentions of rape camps.

>Leviathan The Tempest
Seconded, sadly.

NuDante grows on you, doesn't he.
No where near the original and best, but not quite as obnoxious as he was initially.

user, no.

Warlock: Master of the Arcane or AoW3. Being the wizard king is my fetish.

Except that Combat Continent in its entirety is literally a prequel story.

I think that if DMC's ad campaign weren't such a deliberate slap in the face people would have been fine with it as a spin off.

Merchant claimed Ravnica.

user, yes!

>rushing to get it done to spite that one guy from last thread
That's the vibe I got to, but I wasn't gonna drag this up myself. Not until he has a PDF, anyway. And if he rushes it I don't exactly have to complain again about the sexual content, because other people will probably be pissed at him for it being bland/unbalanced.

why is the only normal background shitty dropin?

Well, I can't argue with that logic.

>This seems dangerous and against how we normally do things. is this really okay?
>I had hoped that we had left shitposting behind us in the last thread. Disappointing, user.

If its not shit posting then I think it could be fine.

It depends on what the main CthulhuTech covers. The setting has a lot of different concepts and ideas and one of its main criticisms is how it tired to cover a whole bunch of different things. Mecha combat, investigating cults, hell one of the later books even had options for playing Mi-gou.

Cthulhu tech could get split up or it could have a main jump that tries to cover everything or a big main jump and other smaller jumps that cover other parts of the setting. We'll have to see how things develop.

>Imoen

Be fair, she had like exactly enough thief skill to do almost any unlock/untrap stuff you need while still being an OP dual-class mage. She's like the optimal thief build for that series on top of being true imouto material.

>Icewind Dale

I'm actually replaying the series right now and was thinking about it. I'm partway through IWD2 at the moment. But I'm definitely not claiming, my track record at getting anything done is awful. Yoro, if you want it or anyone else does, I'd love to jump that.

>Exalted
>40k
Focus on different splats, not the same stuff.

>Metalocalypse
Exception was made because the two got posted at the exact same time.

>STar WArs
Different time periods entirely.

If you cover the same time period as him with the same content, your jump won't be allowed. You could do a... Burning whatever it was jump since that's in teh future.

>You're wrong.
Oh, good. Never been glader to be wrong.

>No
I was thinking more the jumps being made simultaneously, and the difficulties in coordination to make the jumps relatively compatable. Sorry, could have explained my concern a lot better.

Yes, that fact really put me off it. When I read the summaries of the two books ahead, it felt too much like spoilers and capped my expectations. I have since been very careful to avoid the same for other properties like Martial World and True Martial World.
I read it up to a point anyway and it was okay I guess but kind of bland. I dropped it after the MC meet his father's clan. Maybe a little after, it has been a while.

Yep.

That is a good attitude. No sense in pre-empting things needlessly.
With luck there shan't be any issue with the first draft such as the concern raised last thread.

senpai I think you missed that I still consider this thing a problem for being a rape fetishfest. I just don't see a point in arguing further until he has a PDF, or to bother at all if other, basic problems unite people against him. Luck on my part would be for him to fizzle out because spite rarely lasts any good length of time.

Jump # 60 Megaman X
Unit: Navigators
Background: Drop In (0) Just a standard human
Perks:
Navigator (600)
Fortune’s Smile (300)
Chassis Upgrade (100)

Well this was interesting. I woke up in a world I had already been to this time in the distant past. It was was actually neat to work alongside Zero and X though my role usually kept me out of the field I got to direct them and help find answers.

I seemed to have an uncanny sense for Sigma’s return (because he always returned) We also instituted rules of collection of defeated mavericks and only humans were allowed near defeated maverick bodies. I’ll admit we did have a few loses because of it but over-all we never had a member of the collection or research teams going maverick.

I was also able with my companions to create antiviruses for the Maverick and Sigma viruses… several times in fact. I swear Sigma is like some cyber lich… In my time there we could never permanently get rid of him. We were able to cut him off before he really got started a few times.

more exalted, world of darkness, d&d, mtg, Warhammer 40k, miazaki and Generic jumps are always nice.

Starship Troopers, spawn, Godzilla, Powerpuff girls, friday the 13 and nightmare on elm street would also be nice

Are all the dragons bestiality or are they all underage?

Well you have to keep in mind that a lot of people have already read all three since the novels have been out for years now. The author is probably one of the most popular xianxia authors in China.

The shitty background may or may not grant one political acumen or an Engel for its capstones. Possibly.

The former.
Maybe the latter too, I forgot how long it was between the opening and the meat of the movie.

>Focus on different splats, not the same stuff.
I have 7 sourcebooks, in addition to the core rules, and another supplement. And like said, one of the main reasons the game got flak (from a purely game design perspective) was the disparate elements. Investigator, Tager, and Mecha operate at different levels, and are difficult or impossible to combine them in a single table-top scenario.

What's Magecraft like in Fate? Is there chants and waving wands or just will working or ling rituals or what?

I consider drop-in shitty because it doesn't give you a history. Not because of the perks. It doesn't let me connect with or empathize with a setting.

This is not okay, Yorokonde. Being a furry is one thing, but animal abuse is not acceptable.

That requires you to coordinate with the other guy.

How much "lesser" are the eyes you can bestow with Jumper Empress of Jumper Eyes?

Bullshit. One could do a generic Ctech jump, and the other guy could focus his autism on different parts

>Imouto
>Imoen
... Those cheeky bastards.

We'll see what happens. Icewind Dale and Baulder's Gate are both Jumps I could see myself doing, but Divinity: Original Sin is going to tie up my free time for a while yet. I'm going to have to rethink how I wanted to do the Perks. My current idea flopped pretty hard and I had to rip it all out.

Very much the former. The original few clutches would be 20 by the time the movie proper starts, though you'd still have a large percentage of the dragon population also being the latter.

In either case, not kosher.

You might want to double check who originally objected to the statement.

They're not REALLY animals. They'd pretty much biological weapons. But, you know, alive. I'm doing the world a favor.
YOU CAN'T STOP MY JUSTIFICATIONS

You later okayed it.

>I just don't see a point in arguing further until he has a PDF
Nope, I didn't miss that. I was agreeing with you as to the wisdom of waiting until he presents a PDF and then seeing whether your concern is in effect in it and then bringing it up.
Rather than, for example, bringing it up again now before he has made anything and after it has already been mentioned so it's fresh in his mind as he makes it.
I was commending you, not criticising.

>Luck on my part would be for him to fizzle
That seems a little mean spirited. You seem to be holding something against him which has yet to actually do.
Give him a chance; there is no harm in a bit of optimism, especially since he is already well aware of your concern.

Thank you for calling me sempai, kouhai. Is that right? Kouhai?

Funny thing, is I consider myself quite the fan of Xianxia as a genre, but I don't take to them, even knowing their popularity. Although to be fair, I've only read a fair chunk of the first, and can't really talk about the other two. I think the major thing for me was the spoilers arresting my ability to enjoy it. But that's just me.

Do you think, given their popularity that there's a greater chance someone will make a jump of them?

Your humor detection centers are clearly malfunctioning user. You might want to get them checked at the nearest Citizen Reclamation Center. Thankfully, you will only be charged a minimum number of credits for the procedure.

>That seems a little mean spirited.
I don't really enjoy huge shitstorms you know. I just feel like this thing shouldn't be a jump, and thus it's basically an obligation to argue against it when the time comes, and of course fans will disagree.

Till Eulenspiegel, a trickster character. I'm researching him right now and I'm digging the stories I'm reading about him.

Well, I can see your point of view.
But you do know that you are under no actual obligation, right?
If something is majorly wrong with it, including the basis for the concern you have, then plenty of people will come down on it when its presented. It won't all be on your shoulders, so don't worry.
If it's lewd then it won't go into the drive and that'll be that, only fans will keep copies. But if the jumpmaker avoids the jump being lewd, then everyone should be happy enough, including you. You brought your concern to his attention and made sure that the questionable content will be isolated and removed in the making of the jump.
You did good, and for now there's no need to stress.

No, because the genre is heavily repetitive and most people here despite being fans are really just fans of the powers and not the setting. I've never seen a xianxia discussion that has been anything except powers which is pretty much what most fans will sum it up as.

If all you want is the powers there isn't much of a difference between most of the mainstream xianxia that don't have jumps and all of the xianxia jumps which already exist. Combat Continent isn't any different. I mean let's put it this way, there's probably over five to six thousand xianxia novels out there now, and most fans have only heard of a dozen. So popularity is a very relative thing.

Considering this argument about separate CthulhuTech jumps why doesn't someone do a jump of this fanfic?

fanfiction.net/s/5834947/1/Aeon-Entelechy-Evangelion

Like I said in the previous thread I consider it to present a far superior version of the CthulhuTech setting.

>why doesn't someone do a jump of this fanfic
Same reason why we don't have jumps of hundreds of other franchises, because there's no motivation to make it. If you want it, go make it yourself.

Aand it's done.

Ninja Assassin, Version 1.0

I love Ninja Ass.

But screwing sapience into a species is how I save the day!

So here's some more work on Ultraman. Figuring out the pricing on everything is killing my brain. Let me know what you all think.

Not literally an obligation, but people do care about what happens to the community here. It's basically a spiral around the toilet if this stuff starts to go through. That stuff is innate to the setting so his presentation won't matter, but like I said before, if there are other major glaring issues then yes, I won't need to speak up because other people will get very loud about poor balance or zero fluff or the like. Which is inevitable if he's rushing it.

Looks good, put it up.

>I've never seen a xianxia discussion that has been anything except powers which is pretty much what most fans will sum it up as.
World of Cultivation, one of the Xainxia that we have a Jump for, has been discussed before and it had almost nothing to do with the powers. A dude, me, and Aion were talking it up about just wanting to be a farmer and how hard it was for such a tone as the one used in the series was to set. It was great.

>It's basically a spiral around the toilet if this stuff starts to go through.
Please don't act like there's actually a quality standard when there isn't.