/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

You need superlascannons to get your -6 armor mod edition

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Proper Duncan
youtu.be/ILbCXD3P6kc

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

First for Hellhounds!
RIP Hellhounds~!

They're going to get a huge buff and you know it.

All Torrents are now more sad until proven otherwise.

From what I've heard Hellhounds don't really need a buff. Going to hold off on purchasing some until I see the new rules. Going to concentrate on getting my guardsman put together. Got more then enough of them as it to last until 8th comes out.

Given the 8" Teardrop was replaced by an 8" D6 Attacks, I bet the Hellhound will receive a 20" D6+3 or 2D6 attacks. The extra attacks representing the ability to get more models under a template that isn't connected to your unit.

>Doing a random number of hits is a buff

RIP Leman Russ tanks
Your front armor can't hold back Autocannons or Scatter Lasers anymore.

But Veeky Forums told me if more than 2 of my models got hit I should kill myself and that my positioning was shit

But your Leman Russ gets an armoursave now.

Anyone know if the beast arises is on the megas yet? I cant find it and theres no search function

It's called tactics son. Shoot them into cover, flush them back out.
But it's 8th now, so I guess tactics are out the window.

Besides, if you're getting less than 6 on a torrent, that means there's less than 6 in the unit you want dead.

>Putting every single model 2'' from eachother like a fucking autist is totally tactics guys

I do hope there is a penalty for having the majority of a unit's models in base-to-base

Nope, apparently people wanted randomhammer, instead of warhammer. Where everything is a random dice roll instead of actually relevant to the models on the board.

Like there was any tactics left with Taudar or Eltau, grav-spam etc cheese lists besides point what you want to shoot and watch it evaporate.

I hope it depends on the unit, like defensive squads can hunker up shoulder to shoulder for a bonus, while scout squads will have some benefit for spreading out and covering more ground

So instead of fixing those issues it was better to just outright remove all tactics and replace them with "shoot the big ones with the big guns and hope you don't roll a shit number of hits"?

>Flamers no longer even ignore cover.

Let's play 'See how many guardsmen I can fit behind two bullgryns!'

What's the difference between a Nidleaf and a fucking Aussieork?

We don't know that...your assuming. We haven't seen the full info on Flamers and won't till 8th comes out. Your just as likely wrong as right.

We haven't seen how Dreadnaughts and MC's degrade as they take damage either. So don't think we have seen everything yet.

This seems to have been gw's solution
Fuck balance issues just remove the core rules that allow for balance issues to occur

I liked not needing to roll a save for

>Being the one that charges first is even more of an advantage
>All tactics have totally been removed.

One is fucking, the other isn't ?

Then I envy the lack of grav, haywire, and D-weapon spam in your meta.

Ok, most tactics, you fucker, it's an exaggeration, but even still this edition is set to have the least importance on positioning yet.

>moving forward is a tactic
>can position entire army in a huge bubblewrap so assaultfags are stuck with their asses hanging out every time
>anti-armor weapon damage is purely random, cannot reliably damage things

>templates removed
>armor facings removed
>small arms damage vs vehicles buffed
>cover no longer helps against high ap
Least importance is an understatement. Position is fucking pointless now.

You're*
Fuck that hurt to even read.

Is this the face of the Ultra Ultramarines?
At first I thought it was just a mark 4 helmet, but his "ears" are different.

IB4
> Leman Russ= 10 wounds 4 plus
> Land Raider = 14 wounds 4 plus
> Riptide = 16 wounds 3 plus
> Stormsurge= 20 wounds 2 plus
> Wraith Knight= 25 wounds 3 plus
Friendly reminder charging Tau with strike before anyone else, including Space Marines, Eldar, and fucking Daemons! Welcome to 8th edition

Army pics? Show them if you got them anons.

There's the problem. All the 'community feedback' they've gotten are from tournament autists who love spamming D and screeching over blast templates.

What about the rest of us who actualy had fun with our games?

Don't worry, the rules will make the game go so fast you won't even notice.

Oh man enjoy your T7 tanks.

>believing Warhammer has had any real tactics pretty much ever, especially with 5th, 6th and 7th

lol

They seem to have half listened to WAACfags and the AoSfags that screeched about how 40k was too complicated to play.

Though really, before 8th I'd never heard more than a handful of people complaining about templates.

It did if you didn't play against WAACfags that spammed board wiping shit.

SQUATS CONFIRMED

>Believing that fish of fury constituted better tactics

Either way, sounds like a downward slope over time, except ending in this shitfest.

Well being a bitch about blast scatter and template placement has been part of the game for so long it is basically tradition.

Haywire and Lance is plentiful but no one plays with Grav and D is for Apoc. Ynnari/DE player prefers to no scatter deepstrike Fire Dragons and the Eldar/Admech doesn't plan on Grav faggotry.

Its a small friendly group I play with until my army is finished and presentable. Then I'll go find a store to be constantly tabled as I play with my Armored Regiment.

> Land Raider = 14 wounds 4 plus
More like 2+ or 3+ because the Dreadnought has a 3+ Save. I expect shit like Hellhounds to be T6 W7 4+ and LRBTs T7 W8 4+

Maybe it's just stylized?

We know that the new marine sculpts have neck guards, so perhaps their helmets are based off of Maxima.

Why have Strength and Damage has separate stats, and not just change the S/T table to affect how many wounds are dealt? What exactly does a S10 D1 weapon versus an S3 D 1d6 weapon mean?

GO BACK TO FUCKING AOS

Oh boy... I sure love fast games. Hanging out with friends for a few hours and playing an in-depth wargame sounds like a real bore...;_;

Implying a game based on dice rolls wasn't random to begin with...

>Positioning is pointless now
>Even though you explicitly suffer BS modifiers due to a variety of things like range, LoS etc
>Even though cover is more important then ever due to it stacking with armor saves
>Even though getting the charge off is more important then ever due to the removal of initiative and variable movement stats between units

Spotted the autist. Just admit change of any kind triggers you, faggot.

Where are the current (or most-current, at least) rules for the Stormlord?

Retard, you still have to roll To Wound. So good luck damaging high T models with that S3 weapon.

>What exactly does a S10 D1 weapon versus an S3 D 1d6 weapon mean?

S10 D1 would be something that wounds easily but doesn't do much damage.
S3 D1d6 would be something that had a hard time doing initial damage but once it did could cause a lot.

Squats are NOT confirmed, stop spreading fake news holy shit you ruined my day
Why what the fuck why did you
Stop it I can't stand
I'm sick of this

Maybe they will implement a mechanic where shooting at a certain facing makes the armor save worse, or gives a modifier to wound.
Which would be cool, and make sense, it's just monsters need a mechanic to stop them from being too much better. Maybe their damage table will be a lot harsher

>Can stack everyone in a single piece of cover and win.

Sounds great.

It was reasonably predictable though, now it's even more random.

>Reading the SoB Codex
>The history section features Sisters getting slaughtered as much as winning
>Thinly veiled reference to Khornate Knights

Feels bad.

>Why have Strength and Damage has separate stats
Because you don't know how to read.

We haven't even seen any of the BS modifiers yet beyond the fact that they exist. For all we know you only drop in chance to hit when units are outside your range, which would mean positioning matters even less since you can technically hit from further away.

must be nice having a codex that paints your army the best of the best, unbeatable and awesome.

Where is the source that says you get modifiers based on range and LoS?
Cover stacking doesn't matter with high rend. If you were in cover versus an Ap3 weapon at Sv4 you could still take a cover save. Now if you are in cover versus say a -3 Rend, it doesn't matter because your total save has been reduced to an unrollable value and you have no alternative ßave.
Removal of iniative and new charge mechanics just means that units meant to get stuck in will be just as reliant on getting stuck in as they were before. No change.

It depends on how much cover adds to the save. If it's say +2 then the -3 rend is mostly negated.

I feel like there is a large amount of AoS players and others who were too afraid that their stupid ideas would get called out in previous editions, but are now posting with arrogant confidence in the idea that the new edition will prove their idiocy right.

>Ork codex
>all stories about them beating up space marines, out smarting eldar, fucking with tyranids, mounting the heads of chaos lords on their own trophy racks and back stabbing the tau over and over again.
It sort of makes up for how much they suck on the table top.

I highly doubt any cover will add +2 unbolstered

Why do they like checker patterns so much?

Even +1 is going to be relevant. Marines getting a 5+ save against a lascannon is better than them not getting a save at all.

So ALL cover is gonna be +1. Seems legit.

It might work better if it's simple bonuses rather than penalties. Like giving a vehicle a re roll on armor saves when shot from the front, or making it so a Riptide only has 3+ armor default but 2+ on the front.

Cover saves being an armor mod feels very strange. I still get the sense it'll be hit modifiers instead

Your senses need tuning.

Not featured are my OG plastic rhinos I recently acquired that I need to put some spikes on, and the troops have some paint on them. Slowly, but surely.

So what you're saying is that he's a Schroedinger's retard?

I think it makes sense. Hiding behind a tree probably won't help you if you get shot by a rail gun.

They're big fans of ska music

Like almost everything the Orks do it's best to just assume they're genetically programmed to.

Y'know they confirmed it, right?

I kinda like it. It always felt weird that a tree was equally capable of stopping a shot from a meltagun as from a laspistol.

But I do hope cover still can save all types of troops from being evaporated.

If a fucking Dreadnought gets a 3+ and 7 wounds then a Lemon Yiff gets better than a fucking 4+.

I can't imagine the amount of wounds a Ordinatus Minoris has, at 14 hull points that must translate to about 60 wounds.

Elaborate trolling scheme on the part of the older members of the GW Pro Painting team dating back to the old 'Eavy Metal days, mostly on new members, sometimes members of the public as well.

Crap pic, amd the lamenters are still in-progress, but here ya go.

This is the dumbest shit imaginable

>This is the dumbest shit imaginable

Why?

FUCK

chekaz iz roit flash boss

How horrible am I for wanting to field 30k Space Marine squads in 40k? Such as Breacher Siege Squads, Despoiler Squads, etc

How is this different than current in this situation? Before your armor was negated by ap2 and in cover you had a 5+. Now your armor is reduced and the cover gives you a boost making it a 5+.

What about you? If you had fun enjoying the shitfest that was 7th edition, then you will enjoy 8th Edition, as obviously your standards are just that low.

>Breachers
Literally the worst in 30k, even worse in 40k
>despoilers
Carcharodons or CSM

But why would you want to though?

So what new models can we expect from the new edition? What new units would you like to see for your faction? Any returning named characters or stuff in the fluff that's never had a model?

Will the Ynnari be playable in the board game?

New space marines and new Death Guard are confirmed.
I'd think the Ynnari will probably get some unique models instead of just mooching off the other Eldar lines.
Apart from that it's all up for grabs.

>What new units would you like to see for your faction?
PLASTIC
SISTERS

I want plastic berzerkers in the worst way, and hopefully some rules for CSM to take drop pods. Outside of that, maybe some more daemons or something.

Hotgluing is disgusting, user.

>play SoB vs Dangles Maelstrom
>Dangles gets card to kill my WL in a challenge on his turn
>fails to kill her because lol 4++ and EW
>go to one wound though
>roll for tac objectives
>roll Blood of Martyrs
>get 1VP if one of my characters die
>get d3 VP is character has Martyrdom
>oh shit
>Canoness dies in combat
>opponent gets 1VP for warlord
>I get 3 from objective
>mfw

We're an army of martyrs, man. Get used to it.

Red Butchers for my CSM. I figure if TS got Rubric Terminators then it's not too far a stretch for World Eaters to get Bezerker terminators.

Listen, if I get plastic berzerkers I will absolutely hotglue the entire fucking squad and I will post it on /gif/.

Fingers crossed

More Tau Tanks please