Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

A FUCKING NIDLEAF Edition

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/27/white-dwarf-turns-40/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You only really had to worry if you tried to deep strike literally right next to enemy units. You could reliably deep strike at a safe distance where you were unlikely to mishap and still be in range to do effective damage.

I'm a noob, and have only played 3 games.

The idea of my terminators scattering into a wall, or an enemy unit is terrfying

>tfw fear will actually matter

EIGHTH FOR THE EIGHTH

Well luckily for you 8th ed is right around the Corner!

Im more excited for the new models and factions than for the rules

Woo!

Too bad I fell in love with heavy flamer sternguard with pedro kantor

Even if you misshaped you still had to roll a 1 for the unit to actually be at any risk of destruction.

If you want shitty you'd have to play guard and try to use grav-chute insertion where the entire unit was instantly destroyed if one guy couldn't deploy.

>no more scattering onto your own troops
Aw, thats part of the fun

First for Stealthsuits being one the funnest, most versatile units in the Tau Codex.

Where can I read all the confirmed changes and info?

A unit that's effective at range you shouldn't even bother deep striking. It wastes two turns they could have been shooting at something and lines them up nicely for a single blast to remove a hundred something points at once.

There's a reason that people mostly just don't deep strike anything that could scatter into a wall and when they do it's termicide.

why is he being petrified

>new factions
Uh...

There has been heavy discussion about whether flamers will be more or less useful now templates have been squatted and they auto D6 hit

15th for static grass clumps make the best camouflage.

Here's hoping they'll have some of the play style defining formations like Cohort Cybernetica and other stuff messing with how a unit is composed and functions in the codices.

God I hope so.

I always have to play against blobs of guard, tau, and eldar at my LGS.

Those vets are what keep me going

Fucking
Choose

Alternative versions: Imperium, Chaos, Aeldari, Other Xenos and a rulebook

Real version: Rulebook, scenery book, Imperium, Chaos and Xenos armybooks

He's coming out of stealth in rocky terrain.

Duh.

new fagtion melee tau incoming

So where's this magical thing people are reading that says ICs can't join units? I watched the entire Q&A and they talked about how ICs can join units, and I haven't seen anything GW official that actually said otherwise.

Xenos Hordes > Xenos Empires = Imperial Forces >> Chaos >>>>>>>> Space Marines

How does this make you feel?

Feels like a bad angle, or bad proportions, take your pick

dumb ork poster

Could she *be* any more out of proportion?
Fuck me

The proportions and the artstyle are worse than the fucking female space marine.

dumb Tyranid poster, actually.

What is it from

You obviously don't play with a normal amount of terrain. Scattering 6 inches in any direction would mishap you if you had 1/4th terrain coverage that's not just a random tree

And the best part: it's canon.
Source: wh40k: revelations comic

PLASTIC SISTERS WHEN?

Yeah, I really don't care. No one really cares about it.

What people care about is all of the fuss.

>soggy-kness if no female muhreens

I am not going to change things I like for your benefit, if it is natural to the setting and feels organic awesome. Otherwise gtfo

coming from the cumdump gender

Angry at how terribly proportioned this female Inqjisitor in terminator armour with a force halberd is.

So is anyone else just assuming she's piloting it like a Tau suit? Grey Knights just made a smaller version of the dreadknight, just with limbs attached to adamantium swaddling. Or this guy.

Where'd the nidleaf meme come from? what did I miss?

>comic books
of course it was them

Female inquisitors are and always have been canon. A male or female can wear terminator armour.

Those proportions are fucking dreadful though.

I thought that shit wasn't supposed to work without the black carapace

What's special about this, shitposter-san?

The Inquisition always used Terminator armour and Space Marine equipment and always had female Inquisitors.

That's an inquisitor in Terminator Armor. The white armor just makes her look like a GK.

>Tau
>Might Warriors

This looks like it was drawn by IDW or some other shitty PC comic publisher

But that's just an inq..
Fuck it.

It's one guy spamming that word on everything trying to force it.

Nah it's just harder to use it without it.

>nidleaf spotted

Pretty sure the black carapace just lets you move more easily in power armor, not that it's required to use it. Inquisitors in power armor is nothing new. Ordo Malleus even has terminator armor for Inquisitors.

>Mfw I will be able to BTFO entire army with new flamers rules

Ignore the fem Space Marine shitposter trying to derail the thread, giving them attention never ends well and this thread is too young to die.

Instead, let's do some speculation on 8e.
Hoping that Snipers will no longer only wound on 4+ and will instead have realistic AP and strength values or, at least, apply plenty of wounds per hit.

I thought they had to go through the same process as space marines though

But it'll take hundreds of hits to damage big units.

A black carapace isn't necessary for power armour or terminator armour. It just makes it so the armour moves as if it's a part of you.

You have to be a space marine to do that. That's part of the implants and genetic manipulation.

>this shit posting
Look friendo, we all know eldar will get their own special book, so stop being a super retard, and spamming thread with your shit head cannon

The Inquisition and Sororitas explicitly do not have the black carapace or anything like it.

>everything i don't like is shitposting
mkay

t. xenofag

I always thought that Malleus Terminator armor wasn't Space Marine sized.

>Spamming the same image thread after threda like the ork guy is not funposting
phew lad
Alpha legion actually so i get two books, i just know GW has a bonner for eldars

>spamming
>once per thread is spamming
Go back to 1d4ddit

GK confirmed for tiny manlets

It's a misrepresentation of facts, its regarding Deathstar benefits as most buffs will trigger only on models with the right keyword.

>he dosent know what spamming is on 4chins
go back to bolterseer pleb

Like i've wasted bandwidth.

>not having unlimited bandwidth
Spotted the nidleaf

How do you feel now that squats are back?
warhammer-community.com/2017/04/27/white-dwarf-turns-40/

I do, and it was still not worth it.

From what I saw in the stream core rules aren't included in the five books, they're just a free online thing that will be available for a short time in print. They said the five books would be datasheets for the models int he game, so I'm assuming scenery is with the core rules.

And for the five I'm assuming something else gets thrown in with space marines from imperium, aeldari get their own book because they know they'll sell a fuckton, all the other xenos in another book because fuck they want to sell that one too.

So "Space Marines" (+possible other stuff), "The Rest of the Imperium", "Forces of Chaos", "Aeldari", "Those Other Xenos Fags I Guess". Yes those are the actual titles.

i feel like its already old new bro.

Fellow DE players, do you have any hope for the new edition? If GW doesn't fuck it all up for us, it sounds like the changes could actually be good and un-fuck us for once.

inb4 Raiders have T4 and 3 wounds lel

FTFU Tauburger.

>mentioning bolterseer
Dakka Dakka spotted. Go back.

Im waiting to see what they are going to do with Hameonculus covens stuff. My current list runs 6 talos,a Cronos, two squads of Grotesques and some wracks, with Haemy HQs, so I want to see what Monstrous creatures are going to look like. Im hoping for the same statline in terms of toughness and Strength, cause that means they continue to be bitches to hurt. Though I might cry if we loose Haemy Power from pain.

You cant reson witrh this guy, he's worse that cheeterfag

Holy shit... am I seeing Tyranid hate? Unironic Tyranid hate. I didn't think I w9uld ever see the day. Guess these are some awakened template stacking autists. Usually it's Tau or Elda4 hate.

Equal opportunist hatred round here
Gotta wait for dem stat lines to see who the cool new army to hate on is

>Eldar get their own book
Has been deconfirmed by the latest rumour image.

So Black Templars will be decent again, r-right?

Surely GW would make Crusader Squads and their Chapter Tactics good enough now to be worth running and losing Psykers for.

How the fuck do those PROPORTIONS even work?

Have you some how never manged to see all of the "NPC race" posts before? People are always hating on something and the various non-meta races have never been immune to it.

It's easy, really.

They obviously don't.

Think of this, movement values on all units. Dark Eldar focus on physical perfection to make up for the lack of psychic ability. Remember movement value coming back? And think of what a grotesquerie can do with automatic first attack on a charge? I'm thinking they might make jink a modifier to their to-hit value, which could really help. I think with the way Ynnari is going the Dark Eldar may shine more using the haemonculi covens to draw fire while their stupidly fast methed out elves run out of nowhere to unload.

Honestly, we can't know much about it until it comes out because we need to see is if they change the way the webway is used, or anything about deep strike and outflank. Also how well the new ugly fuckers can work as bullet sponges.

Seriously though, think of a few melee units they have to fire on before it gets close surrounded by swarms of rapid fire Dark Eldar repositioning almost as hard as current Craftworld, while incubi jump out of their transports to charge something that was over 20" away at the start of the turn. That's bullshit and won't happen but we probably get watered down versions that are competitively viable and I'm completely okay with that.

>Wildspeculation involving mirroring leaked image is proof
hahahahahahaha,
i bed you thought trump had a 0% chance of winning

>muh preshus tyranids
1d4dditor, please go back to your Safe Space Wiki™

Memes m8, memes.
embrace them

Enjoy your Xenos book.

>And for the five I'm assuming something else gets thrown in with space marines from imperium,
probably deathwatch and grey knights, since they are space marines after all.

I was going to start adding some Covens stuff to my army, I hope they end up being usable. Hammer and anvil is the greatest strategy known to tactically inept man. A wall of Talos and Grotesques with over 9000 Scourge/Reavers and mechanized Kabalites sounds nice.

If we end up being slower than Craftworldfags again I don't even know what I'll do. WWPs being useful would be nice. Maybe they'll go back to something like the old WWP, or the Corsair dimensional key, where once you drop one basically anything can pop in and out of it

>tell a retard his proof is shit
>get show same proof
top kek

I reckon they will stay the same, but gain more wounds and maybe inbuilt IWND. I suspect the Haemy PfP table will be gone though ;_; But maybe Grotesques will get fearless or something.

The new Moral system will FUCK Grotesques more than any other unit, you loose 1, bam even if you roll well rest of the unit is gone...So that will have to change.

I posted in the Guess the statline thread, but I suspect Raiders are going to be T6, T7-8 seems standard so T6 seems about right.
Probably going to have either 6-8 wounds (pretty standard - weak, like it should be).

Hopefully 12" move base. (fire at full BS regardless; I think they will get rid of the whole combat speed/ cruising speed system)

Hopefully Splinter racks stay...I fucking love those things...

So T6, 4+, maybe a minus to his for being super fast? i can dream

Any speculation how any named IC changes?

I'm halfway through painting my pedro kantor, and just bought lysander

It turns out 5 talos with scout with a 3+/4+ FnP is both an anvil and hammer at the same time. Only thing is to stay away from Grav, Wulfen and stuff with decent invulns. Seriously, I have tabled boards with just the corpse thief Claw.

Not an argument.

yes it is you retard
>muh meme man

That is what I suspect yes. Its not Overpowered and is pretty fair IMO. Its' fast, its' killey but its weak.

Chaos are going to be getting many more legions/warbands, so it makes sense for the five books to be: Space Marines, Chaos, Imperium, Xenos, Scenery

Maybe the keyword system will mean that you can attack Hameys to Grotesques and use their leadership. Themeatically it makes sesne, since Grotesques need a Hamey to order them around. Also, Im praying that due to Gathering Storm fluff, Khekerach the decapitator (whatever the fuck his name is) and Mandrakes will become actually decent. I love the models, but the rules hurt me...