Why aren't we talking about this?

Why aren't we talking about this?

"Modiphius Entertainment, publisher of the Star Trek Adventures, Achtung! Cthulhu, Mutant Chronicles, Conan, Infinity and John Carter of Mars roleplaying games, is thrilled to announce today that Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, the first tabletop miniatures game based on the Fallout universe, is currently in development and is set to release November 2017.

In Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, players will build their own crew from a wide range of factions, allies and iconic characters from the Fallout series, and play in apocalyptic games of 3 - 30 high quality 32mm scale resin miniatures through a huge variety of iconic scenery and settlement buildings, from the Red Rocket to Sanctuary Hills, Nuka- Cola vending machines and wrecked vehicles. Settlements will include buildings, defenses and resources that impact the crew’s army list and abilities in the wasteland."

Other urls found in this thread:

modiphius.com/fallout.html
kuscholarworks.ku.edu/bitstream/handle/1808/4126/umi-ku-2515_1.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

modiphius.com/fallout.html

Because it's based on BethFailout? Here's a spoiler for you it's shit

Too bad it's based on fallout 4, I would have loved to play NCR rangers

Most problems fallout 4 had don't translate to a tabletop wargame tho.
Basically only the powerarmor thing.

We did talk about this, we had a thread hundreds of posts long talking about it.

I'm starting to believe the people who make accusations of forced viral marketing campaigns.

1. They haven't released rules yet. If it doesn't play for shit, no real audience will emerge, the miniatures will just gather dust in people's cupboards.

2. They absolutely, 100% need to go beyond Fallout 4 for an engaged player base. New Vegas is a gold mine, 1 & 2 are bare minimum to be included.

3. How much do these miniatures cost? GWS screws this up and survives only because of the sunk cost fallacy, no other product line can price their miniatures like that and survive.

If it doesn't suck I might play Minutemen, they're the only cool looking group in F4 besides the shit that was in the og (and ever then some of the re-designs make the og content shit)

Fallout is garbage-tier meme-setting, so this game is shit. Also, literally who ("Modiphius Entertainment") probably cannot into good rules.

Honestly surprised this wasn't the first post.

>Settlements will include buildings, defenses and resources that impact the crew’s army list and abilities in the wasteland
this intrigues me. I always liked the concept of a base directly affecting it's inhabitants. even if it's just another way to build a force.

The kickstarter is showing up this summer. I'll probably throw some money at it; at worst, themed TNT army.

I was busy, my fault.

this, this and this

here have a medal

>Fallout
>only mentions fallout 4 stuff
>shooting yourself this much in the foot

They might not be able to do New Vegas stuff (people seem to forget Bethesda didn't make it). Depends on the Bethesda/Obsidian licensing agreement.

true but 1,2,3 still good to go i'd hope unless bethesda says no and if that was the case i'd turn down the whole thing because fallout 4 is the weakest of them all and making a thematic warband game out of that is not gonna work

>their forum is asking for suggestions

>we're still in the early stages of design, so a lot of decisions haven't been made yet.
>posted 1 day ago

well maybe we can help them and try to make it good?

any ideas

If it was based on old Fallout or at least NV then I would be excited and probably even consider getting into it, but FO4 as a main source? Come the fuck on.

this

Drop this shitty meme-setting.

{intelligence 4} So, these is some sort of boardgame, that uses plastic figurines, am i right?

if you dont like it then leave or ignore it, me personnaly enjo the fallout setting, i never bought fo4 because obious resons but i like the setting

Most of fallout 4s problems don't translate to tabletop games, most issues are in the roleplaying part and those don't matter in a wargame.

Is it the 'in' thing to shit on Fallout 4? What was so fucking bad about it? I thought it was a decent open world game.

the story was lacking from what i know.
the level system is inferior and simplified
the combat is better so thats good
the dialogue system is fucked'
voiced main character is bad for releplaying
no karma system its HARD to be evil
some complained about the graphics being not on par etc but i dont care much about that.

and there where some smal changed that makes it "death by one thousand cuts"

seems to be more focus on base building then rpg elements, minutemen exists to make the game longer by having you do repetetive shit

mostly because it's cut down on the roleplaying part a lot and had lore hickups.
If I'd rank the shooter-rpg fallout games It'd be like this:
NV

Basically every fallout story was lacking tho.

dont get me wron tho i does get a lot of hate because its "in" but its not all unwarrented it does come from legit bad game design (for a fallout game RPG etc)

i'll buy it one sale for 5-10$

Kind of, but come on, Fallout 4's one had more holes in it than a fucking Gatling victim. You would have to be a moron to not realise it didn't make fucking sense.

i did enjoy fallout 1s strory, and new vegas

3 is kinda like 1 and 2 mixed or something

4 is just heard was shit but i think said is correct, lore hicups.

I mean, it wouldn't make much of a novel, but it's actually pretty perfect for a tabletop game. Established factions, lots of unique tech, and a cool aesthetic... that's pretty much exactly what you want.

Tabletop games often don't benefit from their fluff being too deep. It's just there to give a bit of context, really. A bit of meme and cliche can actually be super helpful when it comes to selling minis and getting people into a new game. A lot of veteran's first buys in a new range are along the lines of "I can use that to convert X in this other game I play". Likewise, for newbie's, it makes it faster to explain what's going on.

>Why aren't we talking about this?
As for this, I think it comes down to "Oh, hey, look, ANOTHER 30mm skirmish game. How quaint."

>established factions
Old Fallouts had a lot more of them and the only ones that are in the new ones but weren't in old are Minutemen, Railroad and the Institute Two former of which aren't really suitable for anything more than small skirmishes.

TBF I haven't played the new one. But that's actually fine for a skirmisher. A lot of its competitors have the factions as "gangs" or "teams"... it works. Plus I'm sure they'll expand it to include more of the franchise.

1) It's shit
2) It's based on Bethesda's take on Fallout
3) It's 3rd thread about it in a row, so maybe stop fucking shilling, you even repost the same fucking shit with the same fucking commentary, like those

>personnaly enjo the fallout setting
>That's why I like game based on FO4
Neck yourself

you neck yourself
you bring nothing of value to this thread than your own opinions which boild down to "i dont like it, dont talk about it"

why are you still here dont you have a 40k thread to rant in

>Established factions
Most of wich are retarded shit.
>unique tech
>unique
Kek.
>cool aesthetic
No, Fallout has meme aesthetic.

>Oblivion baby defending his first "rpg".

They're using the retarded looking pipe guns from Falloff Duty 4. Yay!

Fallout 4 is shit

Most of Fallout 3 weapons were shit also. Well ,just like fallout 3.

ITT /v/ tier memers

I searched the catalogue and the first page of the archive and didn't find anything

{Perception 5} So, you, like, huge Bethesda fanboy.

It could be the best Table Top Skirmish Game of the century, and Veeky Forums would still despise it because it's based on Fallout and thus normie garbage.

I personally might give it a try, but I'm not holding my breath.

pretty sure most, if not all, plot holes can be filled in with "the Institute is made up of a bunch of scientists doing their own thing with no unified goal beyond "Science!" for it's own sake or something to that effect".

It's just that it isn't as obvious an answer as when the Think Tank does it.

I bet, it wont be even mediocre (well, gameplay-wise), stupid bethesda-shit-eater.

Doesn't matter. This thread basically repeated everything that was said before.

>It's based on Bethesda's take on Fallout
easily the worst part

[Intelligence 1] Why is that a bad thing? Stop hating on Bethesda!! Go back to your Obsidian that can't release any bug free games lol xdxD

Emm, i dont like this model at all. I guess bethesda autist gonna instabye everything related to memeout.

I see the salt filters over at No Mutants Allowed are overflowing again.

what every floats you boat

fallout 4 bad game but i still enjo the setting is that so hard to understand?

dark souls 1 awesome, dark souls 2 not on par but it dident ruin the setting for me

star wars cool movie still wont let the prequals ruin them

the hobbit (book) enjoyable the movies tho not so much still the world of tolkien is still great

must be hard being a half-ogre with 1 int

>that post
>must be hard being a half-ogre with 1 int
Yep.

There are only 6 or 7 Minutemen quests only

The other Minutemen quests are to reclaim settlements which are purely optional. There are like 30 of these.

you're complaining that it's repetitive, because you are doing the repetitive XP farming missions.

It kinda sounds like Necromunda.

It wasn't a redone, reworked rehashed rehash based on Fallout 2 using the same mechanics with the same story in the same locations in the same time frame and the same factions doing the same thing for the same reasons to tell the same story with reskinned characters for the umpteenth time.

In short, it wasn't a No Mutants Allowed patch of Fallout 1 having the character bemoan the cruelty of humanity while squatting in burnt out ruins and trying to not shit himself to death while grubbing in radioactive mud for 10mm ammo, so it "wasn't a real Fallout game."

Honestly, were I in charge at Bethesda, I'd market a "Fallout Renewal" game package. Simply a repackaged Fallout 2 for Windows 10, in a box with new art, a complementary set of rose-tinted glasses, and a sixty dollar price tag. Then laugh all the way to the bank.

It's a solid 7/10.

The graphics are plain, and some of the factions are nonsense.

Wow. Even if the game itself isn't really my cup of tea (I'm not a minis wargamer, nowhere near enough free time) I may have to grab that fig and maybe a couple others for general tabletop use. That T60 looks awesome.

are these even real or are they just 3D renders?

...so you didnt even play it lol

your opinion is literally invalid on the subject

It's like fucking Fallout Monopoly.
Just slapped on to make more money. Nobody gives a shit.
>iconic scenery and settlement building
>red rocket
>sanctuary hills
>le wacky 50's america which didn't progress culturally in 170 years.

Those look like 3D renders to me but that level of detail is achievable so I wouldnt worry about it.

Sounds better than the garbage they put out now, you should send them that as a suggestion.

Though maybe they would need to add a dialogue wheel and cut down the dialogue options to Paragon/Neutral/Renegade first.

SHIT KID YOU'RE VERY SMART, INDEED IT'S A BOARD GAME WITH FIGURINES!

2077 - 1950 =! 170

uses ancient engine, shooting is worse than 15 years ago, no roles to play other than, hibernatus parent looking for his child who was a soldier or his lawyer spouse.

If it's infinity level sculpts in metal I'm so fucking on board.

if it's zombicide 1 piece hard plastic no detail shit, then fuck off

yea your actually right

>shooting is worse than 15 years ago,

>+40 exp

Return to castle wolfenstein, underage pleb.

>if it's zombicide 1 piece hard plastic no detail shit, then fuck off
This. Enjoy, bethesda fanboy.

never claimed i did i just posted what i have heard and what i have read, take or leave it

Post in their forums that you want to see the original fallout shit. There's a lot of feedback asking for the inclusion of the earlier games and settings already, though it's probably going to be a cash grab from Bethesdrones, it's still worth a shot.

Well it was suppose to be based on a lot of 80's sci fi, such as the G11 and robots looking like they were from Judge Dredd.

>implying there's anything you can say to make your /v/ tier dogshit opinion look less retarded

Aw, dammit.

Containment failed on the NMA exclusion zone again. I'll grab the delousing spay.

Well even though there's no sign of Legion or NCR, I might be able to use my old--
>32mm
Ah fuck you.

I predict the project will be cancelled when they encounter nma autists and recieve their first death threats.
These dumb fanatical losers have been attacking anything not f1 for two decades.

None of whiners in this thread will try. That's not what they're here for.

i agree with this, i have been tryong to defend the idea of a fallout schrimis because the setting is kinda cool but its probobly a cash grab all we can do is wait and see.

but the thread as derail into talking about how shit fo4 is which pretty much everyone agrees on, then one mim kid who spouts that its all pointless.

now when i think about, why am i even here, nothing of valuve has been gained...

im /out/

I predict (and hope for) aliens vs predator boardgame fate.

>i literally eat shit and how no idea how media works in the age of interactivity
(you)

this seems personal. You really despise them, you really can't seem to seperate the developer, and a miniature game yet to come out.

did a developer molest you, or not hire you?

It's not like the same group of loons have been at it all this while-- New Vegas added a few new waves of contrarians to the mix.

NMA were right.

That worked great after bethesda acquired Fallout license, didn't it?
kuscholarworks.ku.edu/bitstream/handle/1808/4126/umi-ku-2515_1.pdf

Well, they just made a bunch of shitty samey games, that normies find "fun". Thats all.

they broke his heart

I honestly enjoyed New Vegas more than the original games, probably because the combat sections didn't boil down to lol eyecrit. Actually New Vegas is probably my favorite sandbox game on the market.

>mfw Fallout 4 was was actually better than Fallout 3 in every single respect (except for a voiced MC), but all these /v/irgins can't even see that through their rose tinted glasses

He's just another screeching NMA faggot, bitching about how low resolution isometric games aren't made anymore.

>Shit a was better than shit b

I actually had my first nma experience before Veeky Forums existed.
They are not even joking the same guy(s). They may have sucked some people into their cult of the one true fallout but there seems to be at least a few hardcore nutjobs that have dedicated the past 20 years to trolling anyone who likes anything but f1

Gamers are fucking pushovers and eat shit, tv and cartoon autists literally boycott and shout when writers do something that's not appealing to the established fanbase in an attempt to "reach out to the bigger audience".

>a publisher of bad games nobody cares about is making a wargame based on a mediocre video game, the setting of which doesn't at all translate to a wargame.
Why would we care about this again?

These are the miniature guys, not Bethesda, maybe they don't have their heads up their asses.