Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

Don't talk about AoS edition

General thread for all things relating to the Warhammer Setting; Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, and related vidya.
Please take issues relating to the End Times/Age of Sigmar setting to the Age of Sigmar general.

>Main Repositories
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Associated Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (embed)
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux (embed)
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR (embed)

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk (embed)
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=samhaino_profile&id=LI_ARCW
youtu.be/MrTbBfrkC34
twitter.com/AnonBabble

when painting a mordheim mercenary warband, would you use your own colours or take them from an existing scheme? finding it very hard to come up with something that isn't in the heraldry book

>there is no real chance of an Age of Sail while the Asur keep a lid on Human Naval movement, even so explorers have to dodge High Elf patrols.

As far as I was aware, the High Elves had more or less stopped this, and the mystic veils and fogs had dropped? Practically everyone has a colony or two in the New World/Naggaroth/Lustria, including even the Norscans.

>on top of that a Industrial Revolution would shatter the empires unique composition and just move it closer to historical stuff which other anons mentioned already- wouldn't be too thrilling in practice.

I get that, at least long-term, but that's really to be expected, and I see no reason why it'd somehow be less interesting. I would never propose to move the timeline forward or anything, I'd only ever suggest this as an alternative setting or so, or a "What if..".

I could see it all being a lot Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, and it would likely unite the Empire even further in the end. The Old World is already clearly heading towards an Age of Exploration combined with a long-term Industrial Revolution, all you need to do is extrapolate.

since Dark Elfs are WHFB 'Muricans, does it mean there are Dark Elf cowboys?

Sorry, wrong picture.

the first pic was better tbqhwyf

That is going to book.

No.

I was going to say that in the future, there might be, but at the same time, I realized that elves live too long to probably make real use of any advances of the industrial revolution. They may adopt and adapt some, but the dark elves going full cowboy feels unlikely.

Not impossible, I guess. The youngest ones might strike out on their own. The real issue as I see it is that the colonization of not!North-America is going to force a massive confrontation with the Dark Elves. Fortunately, there's a lot of land up until the border of their lands.

That being said, much of not!North-America is completely unexplored, fluff-wise. I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be West-Coast elves of some kind, or that everything between not!Canada and not!Mexico would be uninhabited.

so it is true that all competent sculptors are reserved for HH

noice

they can use repeater hand crossbows
those have holsters and small magazines, right?

>Malekith made us Dark Elves and Col'thas (the repeater hand crossbow manufacturer) made us equal.

Sexy.

I never understood the point of Silver Helms. they are just discount Dragon Princes with less swag

what do young Dark Elves do when they have that angsty teen rebel phase? they are already edgelords

Are they really? Maybe most dark elves are just relatively normal folks. They were once all just elves, the difference is purely political.

>As far as I was aware, the High Elves had more or less stopped this
they have not, High Elves, even during and immediately before the SoC, most likely afterwards too, regulated the Human Oversea traffic, most notably they prohibit the travel to the New World by Human Explorers and Pirates, despite that many get through, but you can't expect any large scale colonisation or sea travel between the two continents while High Elves still have a Navy to dwarf the Maritime Powers of the Old World.

>The Old World is already clearly heading towards an Age of Exploration
the Old World can't even colonize the Badlands, or pacify the Norscans, not even in the Southlands, them grabbing Land overseas is a pipe dream, and don't forget the Lizardmen, who by this point have demolished most of the Colonies that were established, and the Dark Elves who would raze and enslave any colonies established north of Hexoatl.
Dark Elves aren't the settings Murricans, and I don't remember Hudson bay having a whole lot of Cowboy culture.
that looks beautiful, but,
>Silver Helms
>anyone but the High Helm having an adorned helmet

that goblin looks like my chunk of blu-tac after I absentmindedly twist and squeeze and mash it

Not every elven knight should be Dragon Prince.

Silver Helms are the regulated Cavalry Company.

Dragon Princes are young Caledori Nobles taking a vacation on the Battlefields.

Caledor also has Silver Helms.

they try to ride cold ones

to do so they cover themselves in their mucus which is smelly as fuck and almost singlehandedly make you lose the sensibility of your skin for the rest of your life

then from teen edgelords they become adult nobles: the dull salarymen of elven society

skip Skinning Classes and hang out with the local Witch Elves.

the especially stupid ones join a Corsair Crew and never their degree in Advanced Slavery until they reach 300 and have to go to evening school before wokring as a Slave Castration Office Accountant for the rest of their bleak and monotonous lives, counting ballsacks until they throw themselves off the highest tower in Karond Kar.

Use your family coat of arms.

carroburg here i come

do daemons of incomprehensible and everchanging Chaos always look like minor variations of each other, or the minis we get is just an approximation, or the most well-known version or something?

yes

in my headcanon the four flavoured demon allegiances are the small minority of daemons in the realms of Chaos, while the vast majority of Daemons are shapeless and masterless beings not bound to either of the four gods, and often manifesst in the shapes imagined by Mortals when entering the Mortal Realms.

example, Chaos Furies, one of my favourite old models.

As an atheist male feminist who enjoys WHFB 6th, how should I prep my wife for Muscular Stormcast Cosplayer BBC ?
You all do that on a daily basis so I need your help.

>whfb 6th players
>being male feminists
>having a wife

>not recognizing intentionally obvious bait

IIRC they have a varied look allthough common core elements.

>implying I didn't
tangentially related greentext and then a smug anime girl was the procedure as far as I remembered

THank you VERY much for this information, the fact that you answer the question long after it's posted really cheers me up!

All the information you posted is super-relevant to the game I'm going to try practice on this weekend. = )

Did not know about the standard/magic standard difference, thanks for explaining that in an easy to understand way!

I was the one who posted the Industrialized Empire question last thread, nice to see it got attention.
And what do you mean it would be a more boring option? Because in my head I'm seeing a Warhammer version of Fall of the Samurai, and it seems like it would be cool.
Especially when that advancing Empire starts expanding.
As well, the original adventure I was writing was to take place in Norsca as the Empire was starting to get imperialistic towards them, starting with trade companies and then maybe escalating to an invasion. Any advice on handling that?

How do Vampires make thralls? Do they just have to feed and not kill them or is it an intentional ritual or thing like hypnotizing them?

it's basically a Glamour, the weaker willed the target the easier it is.

Dead Thread

It's not dead until there's nobody left to bump it.
Also still waiting on to get a response.

>one hour between posts
>on Veeky Forums
user please. Go play video games if you're too ADHD for comfy boards and threads.

reposting from last thread as it didn't get an answer before thread ded

I'm trying to figure out a good army for warhammer 8th edition 'regiments of renown' ruleset. I have the following empire units I could choose from
Knights Wlances
Reiksguards
Greatswords
swordsmen
Archers
1 handgunner

I Just don't know what effectively kills stuff

I Often fight 100points of dryads or chaos

My usual list is as follows.
inner circle Knight leader,
sw
handgunner xgreatsword
then an assortment of greatswords and handgunners.

>including even the Norscans
>even the Norscans
>even

They are the best shipwrights and sailors aside from the elves...

Actually...I might buy this if the price isn't ludicrous.

there's not a lot to add to that argument, you think a modernized and centralized Imperialistic Empire would be cool, other anons think it would remove the Charme of the Empire.

Opinions differ, you can't have an objective argument based on it. It also requires a Warhammer World where High Elves have lost all their Influence, which won't sit right with a lot of People.

It makes for a skubby Fanfiction, but I wouldn't put too much time into that idea.

Nobody has colonies in the New World except the Norscans and the Elves

The Empire has no interest in the sea and last time Bretonnians went to Lustria nobody returned

Estalia does, and technically so do the Vampires

One Vampire stranded there, doesn't make them the Spanish Conquistadors.

>best shipwrights

indeed
>stone age technology
>logs roughly filed with axes is closest they have to planks
>tackling is two ropes at best
>questionable if even aware of iron nails
>shitty one-mast one-deck drakkars is pinnacle of seamanship

indeed

Daemons originally didn't have that lore. Once upon a time, lore and models matched closely rather than models following lore and GW constantly added new factions.

Then they fired the guy that literally designed all of Chaos but ripped off his designs since he still actually owned them, and every model afterwards has just been minor changes to that.

So even though Chaos became infinitely varied, they just kept releasing minor variations to what he came up with and added nothing actually new.

If a new release comes out it will be N/K/S/T and will fit the themes he invented for them.

Depends on how industrialized

Also the Empire already tried to conquer Norsca in the Lore, but they simply can't hold it. Even if they manage to submit the belligerent tribes on it, remember that Norsca is completely and utterly corrupted by Chaos, even it's ground and mountains and wildlife.

With the influence of Chaos, the tribes would rise to rebellion constantly, and all empire colonist would gradually get corrupted and devolve into the native barbaric way.

Empire has colonies in Albion and Southlands.

>and last time Bretonnians went to Lustria nobody returned
Wasn't that just some stupid knights thinking they could slay dragons there? They have a powerful navy, but there seems to be no good reason for them to establish colonies elsewhere.

Albion is right next to them and is completely cut off from the world by magic, the Southlands are overrun by beastmen

even if they had colonies, they don't anymore

Lahmians feed without killing. Everyone promises power. Strigoi get willing Thralls in the Strigany, and all Vampires get Ghouls as willing as well.

>Wasn't that just some stupid knights thinking they could slay dragons there?

yes

Norscans are competend Sailors, not good Shipwrights.

>the Southlands are overrun by beastmen
when did that happen?

Around 7th edition i guess. I remember distinctivelt seeing a map of beastmen propulation in the world and the Southlands and Ind were packed full

more that that, it's actually the home of most of clan pestilens after Sotek kicked their asses off Lustria. If the Empire had a colony there (which i never heard of) it's long gone

I like to headcanon it so that Bretonnians have a pair of small islands off the Scorpion coast of Lustria. They act as a place to gather forces for searches for gold, of course, but their main reason for existence is sugar cane - they have to keep important peasants to keep harvesting the stuff, but even the deathtoll from heat and injury can't make a dent in the large profits that are made.

The whole fiefdom is on rather shaky ground, since its Lord isn't well regarded back home - he lost his lands back in Bretonnia proper, which is why he set out for Lustria in the first place. Even ignoring whatever shame there was, he is far more profit-focused than most nobles. And Bretonnian law isn't entirely clear on how this fief should be treated, since it's so distant from Bretonnia itself, and it's seen as unchivalrous to hold 'foreign territory' as some sort of colony.

you do know that the Beastmen density on the map doesn't actually mean they are in a position to take over anything?

Also the Southlands and Ind combined have about the same density as the Empire and Forest of Arden, not too severe. Most of the Beastmen live in the Chaos Wastes, Populations on other parts of the World are mainly scattered bands that live nomadically and hide in the Forest BECAUSE they are not in the position to take over anything.

Clan Pestilens being based in the Southlands doesn't impact this at all, since they aren't able to project any force there.

And not even the "packed full" areas are controlled, or "overrun" by Beastmen, since they are the bitches of both Norscans and Chaos Tribes in the Wastes.

I really don't get how people get the idea all the time in Post-Anything discussions that "Beastmen took it over" or "overran that region", since their two most achieved Individuals, only ever had the impact of razing a few Middenland Villages or causing a ruckus in Athel Loren in Khazrak and Morghur respectively, Beastmen are the fodder and guerillia fighters of Chaos, not a World Ending Doomtide lurking in the Forests.

Sudenburg is still a thing by the time of the Storm of Chaos if I'm not mistaken.

Does anyone have the updated Zweihander - Grim & Perilous Rulebook so we could finally play WFRP like civilized people?

>mentioning AoS
OP is still a faggot

More like coldboys

But that's in Araby, right? not the actual southlands

Also how come nobody ever mentions it in any WFRP books or recent lore?

wew lad, not every elf is born a prince

>stone age technology
>questionable if even aware of iron nails
They're vikings, not cavemen, jesus.
Also clinker-built ships, while invented earlier than carvel, are not necessarily superior. Carvel-built ships can be bigger but they are less efficient and robust.
Which is part of the reason the vikings discovered the Americas so early.

>recent lore
because it's not standing in Archaons way of total planetary fedora tippery.

It's in the gulf of Medes, between Araby and the Southlands.

HE LEARNED IT FROM YOU, SIGMAR!

I'm just gonna leave this here.

impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=samhaino_profile&id=LI_ARCW

And just while we're on the subject, let's pull up some direct quotes.

Anyone know where i can find some official or even fan-made info about Albion and it's people?

I'm running a WFRPG soon and i was thinking on having the players have a field trip there

There isn't a lot.
Try taking a look at the 'Warhammer Dark Shadows (6ed)' pdf in the first link in the OP. That's probably the best official source.
Other than that there's long-outdated early Warhammer material like The Tragedy of McDeath.

most of it is Gigaskub tier since the only people interested in it are Celtboos.

example:"their Druids were taught by the Old Ones and their mastery of High Magic is greater even than that of the High Elves."

they were also the true cause behind defeating the Original Chaos Invasion and so on.

Didn't stop the Lizardmen from taking it over and turning it into Lustria 2.0.

Which is funny given how much Brits hate Mexicans.

Necromancers tote the line between living and dead right? Can this happen to animals?

Thank you bois

I'm not planning to do much with it anyway, really.
I'll probably have them recover some lost lore of a wizard that went there and vanished, and maybe learn a thing or two about waystones while fighting naked men and swamp demons

>The Tragedy of McDeath.
Mannfred mentions him in TWW.

>Which is funny given how much Brits hate Mexicans.
We do?

>most of it is Gigaskub tier since the only people interested in it are Celtboos.
I mean the people of Albion are still naked living in mud huts in the swamp. That doesn't sound very celtaboo to me. The fact that they are living next to super high tech old one ruins is kind of an irony more than anything else.

pls respond

can Animals learn the Lore of Necromancy?

Well, BBC really does.

youtu.be/MrTbBfrkC34

It pretty much happens to anything exposed to Dhar it mutates them

Humans do

Man, the BBC has its share of problems, but that video is terrible.

Are we really saying the British hate Mexicans because Top Gear did some jokes about Mexicans being lazy? They take the piss out of everyone, especially themselves.

Top gear mocks everything and everyone but the Chileans.
And that was because they were lynched out of Argentina and had to ask for asylum.

What's your favourite army design/lorewise? I love the Tomb Kings and Skaven, the general concept for Skaven society is really interesting and unique.

Anybody have any pics of pink empire models? I bought some P3 paint and it looked nice in the bottle but I brought it home and it's just fucking pink.

Everything but WoC, Tzeentch Daemons, and Beastmen looks good to me.

I am an aboslute slut for anything ancient Egypty, so Tomb Kings are a definite favorite.

Generally speaking my favourite is High Elves, but there are designs and snippets of lore from most factions I really like.

Do their ships manage to travel around the whole whf world? Aye they do. Guess they are kinda good at ship building.
It's rather hard to raid all over the world with shit ships.

The story of Skeggi always gets me.
>raid Lustria
>not because glory or lust for blood
>but to pay the bride price for mah waifu
>found a settlement
>not naming it after something awesome I did
>neither something to honor the gods
>but after my first dautheru

Norse confirmed for secret softies.

so do Orcs on Rafts?

Norscan ships aren't that sophisticated, they fulfill their purpose well enough but they are not second best shiprights to the Elves. Dwarfs build objectively better ships, and for all we know so do the Southern Realms.

I'm a pleb so death metal vikings get me off.

at least you aren't in denial about it.

I love vampire counts. There is just something so cool to me about Ghosts and shit fighting mortal armies. I am currently working on a 2,000 point army for 6th ed and I am having a blast. Also I love WoC and Skaven(Which I have large armies of)

where did this come from? Where did pic related come from?

Total War facebook page.