/40krpg/ 40k Roleplay General

Zany Robot Skeletons Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than we can possibly imagine.

>Where did the Mandragora Apocrypha go?
The namefag working on it has fucked off to finish it in peace after our autists yelled at him over the unfinished version they found.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
>Now in Homebrew megafolder

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.10) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.4) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)

Previous thread: What's your favorite character that you've played?

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/cunjrc0uux0f8vx/AAB16PI-O0pX4Ar0NpMhHCu_a?dl=0
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Besagew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I played a repentant Heretek assassin once. He used his knowledge of Heretek shit to help him murder Hereteks and shit.

I've heard tell that weathly Imperials can sometimes buy single organs/discounted version of space marine geneseed.

What would be a good way to represent these kinds of things in terms of stat boosts? And what prices should they go for or what hoops should players have to jump through?

Like would a reproduction Biscopea give +2 to toughness or something, but not quite be SM-tier? Could someone buy an Occulobe and use it if they had the gold and survived the transplant?

For the organs that aren't just knock-offs but are ACTUAL stolen gene-seed, could I use a random table to have some hidden effects? Like a player manages to buy a real Secondary Heart, but it turns out to be BAngels stock and he starts getting the Thirst?

There's a techpriest who essentially remade themselves with space marine organs, then had to continue remaking themselves so they could kill space marines & replace parts as they failed - because it's an intricate process that doesn't work with adults, and installing random space marine organs out of order and without geneseeds is asking for problems.

Shit like that just wouldn't work. Space marine organs need the other organs, genetic compatibility, constant oversight of an apothecary, and the raw fortitude and endurance on the part of the person being implanted to function and not horribly mutate/kill the implanted and even then it still does sometimes.

Black Crusade GM here. I'm currently working on translating D&D's Curse of Strahd to the Black Crusade rules and setting.

Strahd's an unaligned fallen Blood Angels Librarian. All the zombies and undead are freaky half-dead servitors resulting from mad science, made from the hereteks and Dark Eldar Haemonculi that Strahd sponsors. The vampire spawn are partial space marines that Strahd never advances beyond the Neophyte/Scout stages, preferring to keep them weaker than him and thus more obedient. That vampire hunter Ezmerelda is now a hyper Radical Inquisitor snooping around Strahd's castle to kill him, dissect him, and figure out how he's so strong.

I finished mapping out Castle Ravenloft on Roll20, now I'm adding in the NPCs and their stats. Wish me luck, lads.

Pic related, it's who I'm currently using for Strahd.

Majority of marine implants require recipient to be pubescent/adolescent male as they are designed to integrate with both the natural growth spurt and the other hormonal changes that occur from the other implants.
Even if the potential recipient was genetically compatible, the organs would not develope properly in an adult, most likely killing the subject.

>tl;dr. Only one that could work for an adult male would be black carapace, only useful with right armour.

Ideas for DW one shot mission that ends in last stand esque?

I'm really thinking more in terms of stats and method of acquisition. I don't care about the feasibility in-lore, and I can always just say it's "imitation" gene-seed, which does similar stuff but not as well.

I've already made the decision to implement the stuff, now I'm just asking for help on the execution, not whether or not to do it in the first place.

If you're going for it, then look at Gland Warrior alt career/Lostock implants for the sort of limitations to apply.
Otherwise, I'd suggest allowing them a maximum of half the effectiveness of the true implants, and rate each as a unique item that must be individually acquired ( to reflect difficulty of finding and getting them correctly implanted).

Fucking hell, I love that comic.
Perfect image for a Chaos Blood Angel, too.

Yeah, it's really good. I'm using Otto in armor as the Vampire Spawn soldiers.

from some guy's idea last thread:
>Investigate murders on Port Wander
>Discover they're Yu'vath-cult related
>Confront cult
>Rak'gol attack
Have it end with them in a three way battle to the death with cultists and spooky xenos monsters.

Good starting point. Thanks bruv

My only 40krpg character was a Space Wolf Tactical Marine in a Deathwatch game. He was my very first RPG character, and it's because of that game I found my current group (which is awesome). He was built pretty balanced between melee and ranged combat, but his real strength was diplomacy. One time he talked down a planetary revolt with a single vox conversation. Space Viking diplomacy can be indescribably powerful.

Best-worst idea ever: A Hrud-swarm/Ork WAAAGH! combo.
>Orkz only get bigger as they get older
>Mass Hrud movements cause rapid aging due to warp-time dickery
>A big group of Hruds accidentally creating an entire Warband's worth of fucking hulk-orkz in a matter of minutes

I find that funny even if it's a bit weird to justify. Would the time lapse count as them fighting? Or would they turn into obese Ork-ogres?

Either way it'd be pretty cool and terrifying.

well if they're fightan as the warp-fuckery happens I think they'd get stronk as is the custom. Imagine, an army of BEAST-sized orkz with a group of slimy shadow-jelly-men in tow just making them bigger and beefier.

Deathwatch, Mark Of The Xenos, Magos Phayzarus.

>In the seventh century of M41 he obtained the corpse of a fallen Space Marine and extracted the warrior’s Omophagea organ for study. After years of analysis, splicing, and self-experimentation, Phayzarus succeeded in replicating the Omophagea’s memory-absorbing abilities by grafting a sample of the organ into his own spine. He did not long enjoy his success before the new tissue began to fail.

If you just want stats for organs, then open up Black Crusade to chargen and read.

>What's your favorite character that you've played?
I have to give that to my first character. Even years later, nothing tops learning the details of 40K ooc and ic simultaneously as you discover relics of the Horus Heresy, and playing a stunted underhive sniper who signed onto a private military firm for a better life was a blast.
Lucius, Bekowski. I miss you guys. GG, gentlemen.

Bernar "Brainy" of House Vaahkon, an Adept.

>favorite character you've played
Gerard the Butler, Seneschal/Financial Advisor/Mafia 'made man' to his Lord Captain, Jean-Luc Tiberius Janeway. it was a very memey game but it was fun.

What happens if someone with Pure Faith picks up a daemon weapon?

Gradual willpower tests until they eventually lose it or the weapon. Then comes the corruption

Either the Augustin Uri, AdMech CIA-inspired spook or Cpl. Kruger, the gruntiest grunt who ever held a rifle.

Amusingly, despite the wide power difference between BC and OW, I'm pretty certain Kruger would win in a fight.

Tell me, how much "power" does an occupied Eldar soulstone possess? I understand that the Eldar and its entire soul remain within the gem, and that it's noticeably psychic to those with the talent, but how would it "react" to humans?

There's a RT scenario (Warpstorm Trilogy?) where the players find a soulstone of a powerful Warlock/Farseer. He helps them on their journey and even gets a Eldar "ghost ship" to come to their aid.

This one is of a warlock who died long ago, still locked into the tiny shard of armour that the gem was attached to.

I figured it'd take a long time for her to, well, open up to the party. They're humans, after all.

I'm torn right now.

I'm about to get Brawler on my character in Only War, and I can't decide between two weapons which I'd like to use, either a Poul Maul or a Chain Axe

Power Maul has the benefits of being a power weapon, being part of my standard kit, and having Concussive.

Chain Axe has the same Pen, does more consistent damage, and just seems cooler.

Which should I go for, do you think?

Concussive is handy, and iirc chainaxes are Unbalanced. I'd stick with the maul, but if you're Dodge-oriented you could go with the axe. Hell, you could even dual wield them if you want, use the chainaxe for lightning attacking soft targets and parry/counter with the power weapon to wreck enemy weapons.

For my necron game, I was thinking it might be fun to have an introduction session before the player characters enter their hibernation. What kind of things can I do to show just how much the galaxy of sixty million years ago has gone to shit? Should I do anything from before the biotransference?

Depends, do they know they're getting into a warhammer rpg?

If not, have them kit out characters for world of darkness victims, play it out as the original setting, have them be hoovered up and biotransfered, then wake up post-hibernation next session, giving you time to convert their character sheets over.

It's all hypothetical at this point. I want to have at least a flimsy story planned before I invite people to play, though I feel like being honest with where the campaign is going is better than a bait and switch that would turn players off.

well the trick is making sure SOME of the players know, and the others don't, and get a feel for them. It's something you gotta work with your group on you know? Know them well enough. I couldn't do that with my group because they're all micromanagers and not one of them would accept not being the one to build their character from scratch if we changed systems.

They'd have to know they're necrontyr though, right? Wouldn't make much sense not to tell them that.

Not if you do it right. Use a different word for them, you can get away with a lot. They were from little principality that spoke a different language than the common trade tongue for them, no reason for everybody except humans to have monocultures.

It's only unwieldy if you wield it two handed, rather than unbalanced. Which is what I'm going for.

Still, I'm not quite sure which I do. I'll dwell on it a little more, but trying to get a hold of a rare weapon seems like a pain in the ass, to be honest.

bump

will there be any more books coming out for this system at all? just back after 10 months and found the RPG is ded. why?

Because you LOST FAITH IN THE EMPRAH!

>lost faith in the emperor
incarcerated
i still thought about the emperor
chaos is still better chance to live to old age than in the imperium of man [/spoiler

I might finally get to play Black Crusade soon, my group found a GM, well, we knew him and even played D&D with him but we talked about Black Crusade and he expressed an interest in GMing.
I've played Rogue Trader with a semi competent GM, his main problem being he has a hard-on for loyalism and the inquisition and no one likes to actually deal with the inquisition when we're fucking mutant space pirates, especially since all of us aren't actually loyal, I'm Slaaneshi as fuck, one other player is straight up building a Khorne 'Zerker as soon as he heard we could play as Chaos Marines, another wants to be a plague marine, I'm looking forward to being a pirate prince, my little brother took one look at the archetypes and wants to abuse the Rite of Fleshmoulding, and I think we'll have a Tzeentch Sorcerer too.
Think is, GM said it's best if we stick to rank 1 archetypes and lead up to turning our characters into the splatbook archetypes at rank 2 after we learn the game, and I agree with him, I've been brushing up on the rules and while I want to play a Pirate Prince I'd love to roleplay a lead up to gathering a crew and getting a ship, especially working together with the other players.
Plague Marine is going to be generally the nice big guy who just wants to spread disease, Zerker actually just wants to play a badass with chain axes but isn't going to go all murder hobo, he's going to do the martial honor aspect of Khorne too. I think he's looking forward to fighting Monstrous Creatures and taking their skulls Predator style.
I have no idea what my brother is going to do besides shape himself into a monster able to keep up with the chaos marines but I want to play a Slaaneshi sniper/duellist/face using parry to defend myself in close but mostly using a Howling Rifle to give firing support to the Chaos Marine Players. I think the plague marine said he wants a plague knife and grenades so I have no idea but I know I don't want to be near his targets.

Did you want any advice on anything or are you just putting that out there?

Mostly putting it out there.
I would like advice on which core archetypes would help us get to the characters we want, I think Apostate would work for leading up to Pirate Prince but I'm still reading and new to this game so some advice would be great.
Also any sniper talents I may have overlooked?

The slaanesh book has talents relating to minions if your GM allows that massive imbalancing act. Is your GM really going to allow the Rite of Fleshmoulding?

I'd recommend the reaver long rifle as it is easier to get and carry compared to the 16 kg weight of a howling rifle. More range help with actually being a sniping weapon and the easier availability will make it easier to turn into a legacy weapon.

GM is okay with us becoming powerful as long as we all have fun and roleplay. But the stronger we get the greater our challenges, so a Flesh Shaper would be useful. It sounds like it'll start small but quickly evolve into a high power campaign as we potentially start our own Warband.
I was probably going to use horde minion rules for a pirate crew to support the party.
I get the better sniper weapon, I just a sonic weapon, plus I like the Overcharge and I think the Concussive property will help the melee fighters out a little.

>Think is, GM said it's best if we stick to rank 1 archetypes and lead up to turning our characters into the splatbook archetypes at rank 2 after we learn the game
Black Crusade doesn't have Ranks, but if your GM has you start with Core archetypes and lets you buy into Tome archetypes midgame that sounds awesome.
>Zerker actually just wants to play a badass with chain axes but isn't going to go all murder hobo, he's going to do the martial honor aspect of Khorne too. I think he's looking forward to fighting Monstrous Creatures and taking their skulls Predator style.
Awesome! I recommend you advise him to clear that with the GM, though; the books have a lot of BLOODBLOODBLOOD THE STRONG ARE STRONGEST ALONE bullshit in their fluff on Khorne. It's one of my larger issues with Black Crusade, because I love Khorne's less-emphasized aspects. That, and saying the Lord of Battles shuns those who have allies or miniond when any faction worth a damn has more than one dude and it's the only way to shed any appreciable amount of blood, fluff has more Khornate cults among the strategists and generals of the Guard than among the rank and file, and, oh yeah, the minor detail that Command is a Khorne-aligned skill.
Overall it sounds like you guys are shaping up into a synergistic party of well-rounded badasses. Lay some groundrules on backstabbing though; I recommend throwing out Glorifying Acts entirely and encouraging cooperation, which does impair the Flesh Sculptor's bonuses for augmenting the unwilling.

Character limit... cont.

Apostate is social, social skills are Slaanesh-aligned for some reason, and Pirate Prince is social. Renegade is solid for fighting though; you'll be taking a lot of advances to get up to Tome archetypes' power level anyway, and not starting with social skills means you'll be buying them, aligning you to Slaanesh that much quicker.
Heretek is probably a good fit for the Fleshmoulder, though I'm not familiar with it. Renegade or Apostate might fit better.
Chosen is probably best for a Berserker; they're the fighty one. Champion or Forsaken could work though, for building towards Khorne's favour, and it's honestly really appropriate for an honourable Berserker that he'll be earning berserker status while remaining pure of the Butcher's Nails.
Plague Marine is another ambiguous one. Again, could be any of the three, though I'd think Forsaken for flavor.
I assume the Sorcerer will be a Marine and not a mortal psyker? They don't really have a Tome archetype to build towards unless the GM refluffs Thousand Sons Sorcerer for them or lets them go for something generic like Veteran of the Long War despite their Psy Rating not matching, but a free Psychic Power or two might make up for not getting more Special Abilities when everyone gains Tome Archetypes.

GM already said he likes the idea of an honorable zerker better, GM himself is aligned to Khorne and is a fluff buff. I'm not sure he'll take command but if he does use it I might recommend he become our Lord if we do someday get a Warband.
My brother plans on augmenting himself mostly, we help get sacrifices, he augments the party.
I was considering Apostate and buying into combat but starting with some combat skills and buying into social aspects as I align to Slaanesh does sound more fun for roleplay.
Thanks for all that advice, I'll bring these ideas to the group next time we talk about the game.

>I get the better sniper weapon, I just a sonic weapon
I believe there's sonic ammunition for SP/Bolt weapons, and a Heretic who can afford a ship and basically be a Chaos Rogue Trader can probably commission a custom rifle of some sort. Even simply adding the Accurate quality to the Howling would go a long way toward making you relevant in combat while CSM tear shit up; something to consider as you advance. If you are set on single shot weapons, though, I highly recommend asking to take Inescapable Attack out of DH2e. It helps a lot with making your shots actually do anything, since unlike fullauto you can't count on just spraying out so many shots that they can't dodge them all - you're putting all your force in one bullet.

Personally I'm a big fan of the Angelus Bolt Carbine, a forbidden weapon produced in the Imperium that's a 3-shot rifle for mortals using illegally "misplaced" unmarked Astartes boltshells. It'd naturally be compatible with a lot of variant ammo. I had an Isstvanian Inquisitor in one of my games use one, loaded with appropriated Deathwatch relic boltshells from one of the splatbooks. I'd been playing Bulletstorm, so a sniper rifle with steerable ammunition was on my brain.

What book has the sonic ammunition?
I did plan on getting a Telescopic Sights for my Howling Rifle, if any players go Tech Use I could discuss making my Howling Rifle Accurate or just convince an NPC to do it somehow.
I obviously won't start with a Howling Rifle but I felt like the sonic rifle would be appropriate for a character who seeks more and more sensations, louder noises, softer sheets, tastier food, more intoxicants, etc

Has anyone played an Untouchable before? How was it? Did you have a Psyker in the warband who hated your guts? Was it fun to say "no fuck you" to enemy psykers?

Beast-sized Orks who've been sparring for millennia. Shit would be terrifying.

Do you guys like to flesh out your character personalities before the game or do you just pick up whatever traits/tropes during the game?

I tend to have a starting place in mind pre-game, and then change it slightly to reflect the talents and such I take.

I roll up my stats first and pick or have an idea in my head that I want to do. Generally I roll first so I can figure out what I'd be proficient in.

What would a good undivided sorcerous ritual to drag a planet out of the warp look like? I'm trying to avoid the usual piles of dead bodies made in a certain configuration. It's different than what Magnus did because this planet is coming out of the warp either way, the villain is just using the ritual to bring it out a few years early in a location more to his choosing.

So 40k RPGs will never be made ever again? That's a load of shit

>ever again
Nah man, probably another place will get the license but this is the death of the FFG ones.

Plenty of homebrew is still made, but we try not to talk about it because it causes arguments.

Making concept before the game, fleshing it out in game.

I'm not certain, but I'd hazard a guess at the Tome of Excess. They're called Shatterscream Rounds.

Which Deathwatch specialization is better when making a sniper character, Devastator or Tactical ?

OR death threats and doxxing in that one case.

Tactical, hands down. Anything a Devastator can do, a Tactical does better, often paying less XP for the same shooty talents, and you have the option of spending your Deed on a Tactical-only Signature Wargear that bypasses Renown limitations but can only be spent on certain items, such as a power sword or a Deathwatch Sniper Rifle.
You pay slightly more for Ballistic Skill, but you have no expensive Characteristics, you get a free magazine of special issue ammunition (such as, say, Stalker Rounds), and you can get +10 to hit and +2 to damage with bolt weapons in Solo Mode for your Special Ability. A Stalker Bolter is a great weapon, benefitting from Tacticals' Bolter Mastery, but see if your GM will let you Elite Inescapable Attack from DH2e so you're less vulnerable to dodges, since you'll probably seldom get to actually snipe unaware targets if you operate with a killteam who lack the training to offset their armour's bulk and noise.

A Devastator has two things a Tactical doesn't: a free Heavy Bolter with backpack ammo supply (useless here, as while it's a horrifyingly effective weapon you want to be a sniper, and the HB is as unsubtle as it is overpowered, so it's dead weight that prohibits jump packs or stealthier grav chutes) and a Special Ability for +1d5 kills on a Horde - thoroughly irrelevant with the amount of horde kills Bolt weapons with specialist ammunition and Storm of Iron can rack up.

I usually only have the vaguest outline prior to the game, then flesh it out during the adventure's events

Hey, so I'm looking for rules/stats on Dark Eldar Haemonculi and his creations. Do they exist? If so, where?

Isn't the sniper rifle from Rites of Battle way better at sniping than the Stalker, nullifying Tactical's benefits ?

Pretty sure Only War has some DE stuff. Happy searching.

>Anything a Devastator can do, a Tactical does better
tl;dr = tacticals need to do more damage in DW, see my new stat block.

Yeah, I just found it using 40k RPG Tools, as listed in OP.

It's basically a master wiki for all 40k RPG stuff. I bookmarked it for future reference.

Before Rogue Traders

After Rogue Traders

Beautiful. I would love to get a template for this.

For the raw solar system, I used the ingame assets from Space Pirates and Zombies, as well as some stuff found on Roll20. Here's a link to it all.

dropbox.com/sh/cunjrc0uux0f8vx/AAB16PI-O0pX4Ar0NpMhHCu_a?dl=0

The fluff on top was just regular GIMP editing, as well as custom logos for a group's OW regiment and stuff from google.

The RT and OW campaigns are interconnected, with the OW guys deploying at IVIA I to battle a horde of daemons, who the Rogue Trader and his band unwittingly unleashed before bailing out of there. Going to be badass.

Thanks for sharing!

Who Ascension here? WHY DOES THE TEMPLE ASSASSIN TRAIT EXIST?

Mechanically speaking, Devastators need to be better for there to be any reason to play one over a Tactical, since a Tactical can just take Signature Wargear (Heavy Bolter) and be a better Devastator.
I don't have any personal experience with the RoB sniper, but I'd stick to a Stalker. Additionally, Bolt weapons have better Penetration, though they do lack Toxic, and while Bolter Mastery and specialist ammunition are a pretty good deal, they're not what make Tacticals better than Devastators. The advancement tables are the big difference; Tacticals get some stuff essential for shooting earlier than Devastators do, and for cheaper, while there's other stuff that Devastators never get at all.
Really, sniping is less effective than dakka, but it's still damn cool. With the amount of damage Astartes weapons pump out, plus damage bonuses like Mighty Shot applying per hit, the benefits of fullauto over accurate really shine, but Astartes snipers still have one major advantage; their helmet autosenses allow Called Shots to be made as a Half Action, just like Standard Attacks. Once you pick up the Talents to make Called Shots at no penalty, there's pretty much no reason to ever make Standard Attacks while your helmet is on, because you can always fire on whatever location you want to hit at the same TN.
Now you know why we do not Ascenscion.

I like the background packages and some of the class traits but the tables are garbage and vindicare needs to be removed

What's that armor piece that's like a small shield over the armpit and shoulder? Sounds like 'vah-jess-kew.'

Did necrons use power armor back when they were necrontyr? Would it be possible for such an item to end up in the cold trade?

>Orkz only get bigger as they get older
Orkz get bigger when the fighting is better, not with age, that is Fantasy.

Well I mean
I'm sure constant ork battle being time warped by Hruds counts as good fightan
It bugs me that Adept has no real good unique 'ascension' path

Isn't it mainly to display heraldry and such?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Besagew
You playing a Grey Knight, son?

>Khorne's less-emphasized aspects
You mean the ones that literally have never existed in 40k and were present only in Fantasy, having been mentioned in Liber Chaotica, a WHF book?

>Has anyone played an Untouchable before?
Yes.
>How was it?
Very much a mixed bag. Unless you are dealing with psykers/daemons, it is a net negative on your abilities to do your job in the Inquisition because of the social penalties, and it's an XP sink.
>Did you have a Psyker in the warband who hated your guts?
Yes, she was my boss. It lead to some uncomfortable moments where I was ordered to provide her relief from her pain.
>Was it fun to say "no fuck you" to enemy psykers?
Occasionally, yes.

I do post some stuff, it pretty much never garners interest though.

What stuff?
What I would like to see is more crazy gear. Balls out nuts equipment, Imperial and other, for people to use.
I have had my patience pushed to it's limit by GMs who seem to fear, more than anything, the pcs being competent and powerful on their own terms.
Give your players crazy shit! Give their enemies crazy shit! Have them fight a mechanicum krios with their own landraider, crash into each other, and engage in glorious fisticuffs with an archmagos and his beep boops in the middle of a radioactive warp breach firestorm!
If your battles can't be described with a metal album cover, something is wrong.

>What stuff?
Fluff, is what I've posted for the most part recently. With most recent being a short document about the Inquisitorial Conclave I use for my homebrew sector. I have posted my homebrew gear, but that was ages ago.

>If your battles can't be described with a metal album cover, something is wrong.
I like the way you think.

ah, yeah those are shotgun shells, shotguns are like 1/3 of the range

A buddy of mine enjoys homebrewing stuff like a local pattern of Plasma Gun geared for rapid fire held in low regard by the AdMech because while stormbolters are fine and dandy, plasma coils are harder to make and for every one of those produced, the Guard could have been issued two plasma pistols. That, and they're a little more prone to overheating.
I've made a few things up myself - mostly vanilla stuff, but a sword inspired by the Knight Castigator's Tempest Warblade but with a plasma reactor in it instead of a volkite core came up once, and I strive to crunch out any canon or Veeky Forums Chapters any of my players might desire to play, with Trappings, Squad Modes, and Relics. I spend more time on that than on the encounters, and I spend a fair amount of time homebrewing and tinkering to make fights appropriately threatening. I've crunched out something like a dozen xenos species, half of which were sapient and had their own tech.

Damn, that's unfortunate. Still, shotguns are good close-range alternatives for a sniper if you need that half action for moving instead of aiming - might be worth getting a combi-shotgun module tacked on to your rifle if you can bear the weight.

Do you have Hrud?

That's not a bad idea, I'll see how well I can handle weight after character creation, entire party is still in the brainstorming phase and figuring out when we can play.
If I feel like I can I might try to get a combi-shotgun attached to my starting weapon.

>plasma gun geared for rapid fire
I know of at least two like that in the books already.

Light power armor is also an option as you can pick and choose what subsystems you get while also getting good protection.

That would be useful, might be difficult to get at first but we might be able to manage to get some for us humans who aren't stating as CSM

It is actually perfectly fine to get it as a starting acquisition as it is at very rare with getting one dropping it down to a -10.

>I like the way you think.
Exactly!
I just need to find a metal album cover that has a Crusade era mural of a Christian and Muslim dueling each other, both beaten and battered, grim and joyless, the corpses of their fellows in heaps around them, fighting on a battle no one will win at this point but for the fact they believe in righteousness of their individual cause, no matter the futility of the end result.
The situation I am facing in my own game.