/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Last time I made a new thread I picked a cool cyoa and people called it bad so this is my protest.

Everyone knows the Narrator is always the best girl. Therefore: Ane, I choose you!
(Also the /ss/ doesn't hurt...)

This has anime and being evil god, so it's perfect cyoa.

You want to be uploaded?

Sure.

There's the you that loses the coin flip but there's also the you that wins it.

Yeah.
And then I'll come back a year later to make another me. And a year after that for another. And another. And another.

Is there a continuation?

No, it's a WIP. If the author didn't drop it entirely, that is.

If by "uploaded" you mean "transferred" and not that POS.

Coinflip brain uploading is like if someone tried to market death as a painkiller.

The wip got more popular than I expected so now I'm dealing with crippling insecurity. If the full cyoa doesn't measure up I'll feel like I let everyone down and kill myself. Progress is slow. Other cyoas are being made in the meantime to grind my author skills.

Pity, I like it. Are there any similar CYOAs? I know about the Dark Lord, Domain Master, Necromancer, Dark God and Archdemon.

It's a lot better actually. I mean, after you do it you'll be there laughing your ass of at the poor other version of you that got stuck behind.

It is good, my kind of good. Even if it 'doesn't measure', you can just edit it after hearing what other people have to say

People will always find something to complain about. Just don't abandon it.

In honor of last thread

Never give up upload it when it is ready

Oh, and I'll go with DEATH. DARKNESS is a nice option too, but having billions of summonable at will undead is awesome. Being the Alpha Monster is cool too though

I choose DARKNESS

Here's the deal. The world in my cyoa is split into 4 continents. You're going to be in charge of one of them.

Should each continent come with its own native people OR should the people be their own seperate choice.

In the first option there'd be less options but a more established world. You want to rule the Islands of the East? Fine. But you can't have have dragons and their queen in your lands then because they live in the Northern mountains.

In the second option there'd be more options but a less established world. You could just pick and match Islands with dragons if you want.

Options vs lore basically.

Which matters most?

>You want to rule the Islands of the East? Fine. But you can't have have dragons and their queen in your lands then because they live in the Northern mountains.
This one. This has lore and a world. The other is customize everything with no lore or world.

Lore >> Cool options >>>>>> many options

I agree, a CYOA without lore is nice to burn time, but to really enjoy it, there has to be some story. So yeah, I'm for lore too.

>Options vs lore

>Good lore≥good options>>>shit options>>>>>shit lore

Tell me what you want in a delinquent school cyoa so I can make sure I include it and pretend I came up with it myself.

I want to fuck a teacher and smoke on the rooftop.

Like, everybody is a delinquent or just the reader?

Option to convert the bad slutty girl into cute tomboy with a troubled past that don't know how to cook or do any girly stuff and she gets mad when she fails but then stops herself because she's done being angry

Noted.

EVERYBODY.
It's a school for delinquents run by your typical cyoa god patron thingy. Top students get to run their own crime syndicates after they graduate.

Sounds faggy. There's a faction for people like you though.

Tell me, what kind of waifu archetype/aesthetic gets you going?

I like competent brown girls

I need to fix her. She can't be too bad though. Like a mild drug addiction or low self esteem I can handle. Maybe a few yandere traits for good measure.

This one is kind of stupid, and needs a lot of work on balancing, but sure.

Lightspeed, Alpha Genius, Oracle, Molecular Telekinesis, Neutralize

I now exist in permanent bullet time. The goal is to stop the apocalypse, so use alpha genius coupled with oracle to figure out who needs to die. Kill them with neutralize and molecular telekinesis.

All this happens within a few seconds of gaining the powers, so any super that doesn't have lightspeed has no chance to resist. The only thing that honestly is a threat here is a mirror build. Fighting that would be bad, since it'd probably end the world.

I'm a simple man. I see big tits, I pick. Huge flaw in my consumption of CYOAs.

Ma nigga

The author responded to balance complaints by stating he wanted you to be OP. I don't think it's meant to be PvP, but of course that's how it's been played

What are some nemesis/enemies that would be interesting to face off against on a survival island?

I'm making one that is massively different from normal survival islands and allows you to fully embrace the hellish survival scenarios or make it downright comfy instead with appropriate rewards for whatever you choose.

So go ahead and list what kinds of enemies you think would be cool to battle against.

Isn't that a robot?

Instead of everyone being honest-to-god delinquents, it's "delinquents" instead. Complete with silly and harmless antics instead of actual bullying/criminal behaviour.

Extremely tsundere traps who act like manly, rough bad boys but secretly want to be dominated and be feminine. They will never completely give in to this though. They'll always be rude, loud bullies in public, and insult you while you pound their boypussy at night.

They should also be cute brown elves preferably.

>I don't think it's meant to be PvP
But the entire premise is pvp. You have to stop several thousand people with the same power selection as you from blowing up the world.

Tall Muscle Girls with a private nice soft side

>What are some nemesis/enemies that would be interesting to face off against on a survival island?
>I'm making one that is massively different from normal survival islands and allows you to [...] make it downright comfy
An alien or monster or somesuch (that, if not an attractive humanoid by default, can shape itself into such because reasons) that just wants friends and such, but is woefully (and even dangerously) ignorant of things like what sort of stuff humans (and most other such humanoids, the nemesis excluded if humanoid by default) can tolerate without dying (be it instantly, or from the injuries sustained from the shows of friendship). Naturally, it'll be up to you to teach the poor thing the _right_ way to handle friends.

It doesn't actually say they have the same selection as you, it only says they begin developing powers. Their powers may very well be random mutation, while you've been afforded an advantage by the time shenanigans

Regardless, it indicates that x amount of random people have powers, there's no reason to assume the turbo autists from here would be among them. Unless you want to play the "I took all the highest tiers, this is how OP I am" game

A friendly giant girl. She's super nice and really kind. She's also so big that her presence on the island is worse than a locust infestation. Either she dies or everyone else on the Island does. She's completely unaware of this and cannot grasp the concept of limited resources.

That's not me. That's just a copy that thinks it's me. The real me is stuck in this pile of meat until it rots.

>Homunculus
>Respec Stats
>Peak Senses

>Superhuman Speed
>Cowardice
>Danger Sense

6 points, now I blow the rest on major powers to win everything forever because they are that broken. Wooo.

>Alpha Mind
>Nemean Durability
>Herculean Strength

Respec Stats gives a HUGE amount of mileage. I can become even stronger by reducing my Alpha Intellect to Superhuman Mind levels, or my Nemean Durability to ANYTHING short of being completely indestructible. The Homonculi get 1/4 of my practically infinite physical strength and durability, and unlike the clones I don't lose any gas if they get killed. If anything actually stronger than me comes up, Cowardice makes me literally impossible to find as long as I'm scared. Danger Sense means I'll still be faster than other people with Superhuman Speed who don't have outright light speed. Too lazy to spend the others.

Really the only flaws are that other people with certain major powers can beat me very easily. A God Mind or someone with Elemental Mastery who picked electricity, for instance. Neutralize and God Mind fucks up just about anyone, since you can just turn off the powers of even other God Minds and make them your slaves while they are powerless. Nemean Durability completely nullifies anything based on physical damage that doesn't involve electricity.

People come with the land, it's more thematic and it's more realistic feudal inherits land with the serfs as part of the property after all

Blonde genki

There is no real you. There is no soul, so any perfect copy is in fact the same as the original.

8 points*

Can I request the reverse of this? Take the cute troubled tomboy, and corrupt her into your slutty delinquent princess.

>That feeling when you get her flustered and blushing in private.
>Knowing you're the only one who gets to see her like that.

I know that feeling well.

>waifu
>trap
>boy

Waifus cannot be male.

But that's false. A perfect copy is identical to the original, but both still exist. Shred the original afterwards and it's still destroyed. The fact that you have a perfect copy only matters to you.

>fire
>not ice/cold

An instance of you dies, but whatever made you you still exists, so you still exist.

My nigga

I'm secure in my heterosexuality.

>fucks a guy
>I'M HETEROSEXUAL
I will never understand fags.

Again, false. From the perspective of the you that's destroyed, life ends. You die. You can say whatever you want, but nothing can change that fact. Your consciousness ceases. The fact that another you has a consciousness which continues doesn't change that. You're not a hive mind.

Amazons that need men to breed with, and can mercilessly train you to be swole as fuck

Skeletons that want to help you trade your flesh for immortality

Fey that want to play with you and prank you forever and ever. Slowly absorbing your cynical memories in exchange for perpetual untroubled youth, discovery and eyes that watch in wonder

That which lurk at the threshold, guardian of the paths to deep knowledge and hidden power

Bored vampires that want prey to chase. Punishing those who are boringly incompetent, and granting ecstasy to the ones who last until the dawn

Man catcher plants that in order to understand and gain sentience trap you, slowly feasting on your dreams of adventure, your subconscious mind and senses extending across the Island

Giant Stone guardians who protect those who bring them offerings of forsaken silver that was stolen from them. They never speak, but sometimes temporairly entrust ancient artifacts to help you bring back more of the stolen treasures

A tribe that believes that you are the one prophesied to come and help them rebuild their strange technologies, but they will not allow you to do anything that doesn't fit their prophesies.

I could go on, but don't want to overwhelm you with my ideas

look you like dudes even if they are cute you are gay

Your consciousness is a process, and it continues. If you destroy one of the copies before they can diverge, there is literally no difference between them. Hence you still exist.

Your problem is thinking that 'your' consciousness is a unique trait. It is not.

Unrealistically tall tomboyish women with a geeky side. Ideally either delicious brown or pale freckled redheads.

You could say that for every passing attosecond. Panta Rei.

>femininity is cute
>masculinity is cool

If you want to fuck cute things you're hetero. If you want to fuck cool things you're gay.

This is the truth.

>gay
>attracted to femininity

Pick 1

So faggots just change the definitions of words?

Ok.

Doesn't matter if it's unique or not. From the perspective of one of the two mes, life ends. Nothing you say can change that, and nothing you say can convince me that the fact that another perfect duplicate process going on will somehow matter when mine doesn't keep going on.

I've no problem with wanting to be immortal, but I find it hilarious that people are so scared of death that they would literally kill themselves so that a separate copy of them might live forever.

I find it funny that people who are scared of death waste their finite time picking immortality options in cyoas.

This place is hell.

>attracted to boys
>not gay

Pick 1

>Fey that want to play with you and prank you forever and ever. Slowly absorbing your cynical memories in exchange for perpetual untroubled youth, discovery and eyes that watch in wonder

I think he is asking for enemies user

I'll pick not gay. Boys =/= traps.

>Doesn't matter if it's unique
>proceeds to say why he thinks it matters why its unique

>Boys =/= traps.
Not only gay but delusional too

It's not gay if the penis is femine.

I want a waifu with bad breath that belches in my face.

You could always update it, I suppose, after some time has passed. I've seen a few CYOA authors update their earlier works to keep up with the changing times and user's demand for MORE OPTIONS, MORE POWERS, MORE ENEMIES, and MORE WAIFUS.

At any rate, I'm curious, but were the aspects listed here the first four or the only four you were going to put in it?

Skye needs hugs.

May I ask if anyone remembers the name of that cyoa about being stuck on a space station with optional mutant monsters?

You may.

Derelict station?

That is precisely how you get 72 genders that the snowflakes expect us treat seriously.

Everyone of those Island cyoas kinda hints that the Island is a living, sentient hellscape that's not just hostile, it deeply and personally hates you. And I'm just thinking that what the fuck is there even to eat or drink in that shithole.

I wonder if this fruit is edible?
*shits guts out*
Guess not!

Maybe I can use these leaves to make a temporary shelter?
*skin peels off from anywhere they touched*
Welp, at least I didn't try wiping my ass!

Hopefully this stream other animals seem to have drunk from is safe.
*brain explodes from ears due to mega-aggressive parasite infestation that native fauna is immune to*
Still better than getting caught by the nemesis!

You shouldn't turn it into full autism survival sim but single section about "How the fuck didn't you die first week?" could be cool. Choices could be something like 'taken in by local cannibal tribe who taught you how to survive, don't try to welsh on replayment", "you woke up with strange mechanism bolted to your arm/head/ass that gives simple instructions, occasionally demands that you perform that strange task", "a horrifying techno-organic monster did some surgery on you and as result, you can digest any organic matter on the island safety. Try to not think about long-term consequences."

Yeah that's the one. Thank you!

I thought that the island is just a living sentient hellscape that is an asshole not that hates you

Ok, I was thinking that most of these could have good and bad versions that cost or grant points respectively.

How about:
Their pranks can hurt or be mean, and are always embarrassing. They don't really love you they just want to pretend to be parents. If you are critical of their parenting style, they will give the ungrateful and willful child the bottom blistering reminder to be grateful, and it will take a lot of begging and tears to make them believe that you learned your lesson. But they will hug you and soothe your behind once you behave, and by the next time you are whirling to their dervish dance all the unpleasant memories will be forgotten.

If you don't know what medieval fair ones are like, you can't fully understand what being trapped forever as their Stockholm syndrome doll means.

All of the choices I wrote I was trying to make some form of a sweet damnation that is supposed to appeal to someone, and repulse others.

Confident, competent, aggresive, dom, big, etc etc in any type of mix

I simply don't like shy moe girls.

You literally just said "mine" YOU do keep existing. you are not unique, you created 2 of yourself and 1 dies. 1 doesn't. You are both of them.

How horrible do you have to be to laugh at your own self suffering?

This reminds me some dude posted a hentai here where the kid wakes up in a reversed genderroles world and he prostitutes himself to some girls. ANyone got it?

You just have to hate yourself, no horribleness required.

>bottom blistering reminder to be grateful,
What?

If I am both of them, then both of them want to continue existing.

Why would I suddenly decide that I am disposable?

To be fair, while they do have male parts, you can't TELL that. They look female and your attrated to that. You find out they got parts you aren't comfortable with but your still like "Eh, they look like a woman."

Never looked at a dick or a vagina and said "thats looks amazing" well there was that one time but my point stands.

Oh go and forcefeed a prostitute eggs.

Oh you don't, you 100% don't, that wasn't the argument. but others do. Others would accept that 1 will die and 1 will live and take that option.

I don't either, I'd take transference if that was an option but a copy? god no.