Kamigakari General /KG/

From here on out, i'm gonna make a new thread if needed on 12PM PST, as this thread is literally the only resource for this game.

With that said, Its challenge time. This time, lets see you make your favorite Street fighter character!

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar
pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xY5uiJleOpnlh93SGLq2_iKteOFZnlMH1X-MtEDsWsw/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Woops, forgot the links!

Baseline stuff
mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

Expansions and errata
pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed

Google Docs Character sheet (for if you play online)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xY5uiJleOpnlh93SGLq2_iKteOFZnlMH1X-MtEDsWsw/edit#gid=0

So i'll Start us off with the big man himself!

Ryu is pretty simple. He'd probably be a marebito. Many of the talents fit ryu greatly, starting with Otherworldly combat arts, or bloodlust of the demon if you wanna go the Dark Hadou route.

For style's, God hand A easily for his main style, and Dragon carrier A for the second one. God hand A will handle most of his attacks, but Dragon carrier B is needed to emulate hadouken, Using crystal Shoot. You can use A's Crystal smasher for a larger more potent hadouken as well, but B will also give some added tankiness. This is a matter of mechanics and preference on your part.

For weapons, Arm guards, easy. At least for the moment, until the 7th book gets to KA and gets translated.

I've returned to lurk!
Man, the threads don't last all that long, huh.
I'm hoping for some updates from the translator user to keep the interest up, but I'll understand if he's busy.

> Street Fighter characters
By that logic, wouldn't all of them be Marebito?

Also, ALL the Street Fighter (Beat'Em Up) characters would be God Hand Style + x Style, no? Unarmed fighting is literally the reason for their (and the game's) existence.

Its a new system with a very small following. Hopefully once we get some more players and some neat stories going around, we'll attract a wider audience.

As for street fighter chars, A lot of em would be marebito, yeah. There's a few odd ones that i would consider humans or scions though.

Besides, i was just starting with something almost everyone knows. I'll try different series' as i make new threads.

That would be correct, but its the special abilities they use that make it interesting. For example, Hadouken isn't something god hand can cover. Nor is chun-li's orb thing, sonic boom, almost anything bison does. Its in emulating the finer details that theme's are fun.

>Its in emulating the finer details that theme's are fun.
True.

On that note, Ken would be almost the same build as Ryu, wouldn't he.
Thinking about, Blanka wouldn't be all that hard (Elemental Adept?), but Bison really has some weird shit going on (Flight ability?).

For ken, yes. he's basically the same as ryu, even in the games, but specializes a bit differently. In all, the same things can be done for both. Probably the same thing with terry bogard, of fatal fury/king of fighters.

I think bison would be a scion, at least. I dunno a lot about his fighting style, but i'm certain it could be done with some work.

Logging off.
Will check in again tomorrow, but I'm swamped at the moment, so mostly lurking.

Does anyone have that list of enemies that appear in the Eldritch supplement? I'm pretty sure I saw something like that posted a few threads ago.

That wasn't a complete list, and the archive for that thread is long gone, unfortunately.

I think kamigakari user lurks the thread though, so he'll probably show up and tell you.

Just because i like this pic

Keep up the lurk user. Keep up the lurk

Now that i think on it, if you refluff the magic ring in the second book as his headband, you could use elder mage for his hadouken based attacks.

Grand spell incovation is his biggest hadouken possible, hindering missile is when its used to zone, magic missile could be a mass hadouken.

I think it'd be a neat character to play.

That thread is still in the archive.

In light of that other thread (), how about Persona and/or Shin Megami Tensei?

I think it's doable, but would need some work. Sanctums and that "Mononoke city thing" Kamigakari user told us about are pretty much this. So you'd just need something for that ability to contract a lot of demons..

Contractor B yo. its easy as fuck to refluff it as stands or persona's or whatever.

oh, wait, the thread only died yesterday, it was the post itself that was a few days old. well, guess i got brain problems.

Who becomes The Fool?

The fool doesn't really fit into the games system, especially since with contractor B you would only get to choose one subtype

I'm glad to hear of a hack solution for Shin Megami as the licensed JTRPG for it sounded boring as fuck, just a basic system tacked onto a Pokedex of demons.

Kamigakari can do better than it for sure.

Bond as switchable per session is very thematic for anime episode emulation.

I got the impression from Contractor B that you form a contract with only ONE being, not multiple. I might be wrong though.
Maybe the translator can clarify?

What are some good adventuresn ideas for a small party (3 guys+DM)?

bump

How long are standard game sessions going for seasoned players? It seems like the system will run nice and smooth after those first few sessions.

Anyone having problems keeping a game going once players know what they are doing?

Game sessions, depending on mode of gameplay, average around 2-3 hours.

As for having problems once players get savvy, the game actually encourages that and gives the gm a good amount of leeway with which to work with.

Contractor B summons something based on your level. Its not a hard coded "you summon this exact thing".

I'd start by looking in the pre-mades, run a couple of those. They can be done with 3 people if they aren't stupid.

One idea my DM did though was have an event happen where three "Evil" godhunters were all active at the same time, and have the players split up to fight each one.