Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

That Brave New Frontier: With Starfinder on the horizon, Have you ever traveled to another world already? Did you discover new life and new civilizations? Did you boldly go? Did no one go before?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4496339/can-i-join
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4786503/
paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/downtime.html
youtube.com/watch?v=vd06u9Z_4j8
youtube.com/watch?v=n3b0OnuT_Z8
youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We were on page 6.

>!! Big Announcement !!
>Due to reasons of scheduling, Overlewd will stop accepting new applications after this weekend, starting Monday morning. Anyone who submitted their character already by that point will have the next few days to finish editing their application.

Well apparently someone's going to run the ASS Succuprise.

Im having trouble parsing what this is about

P A G E 6
A G E 6 P
G E 6 P A
E 6 P A G
6 P A G E

Yo you break the /pfg/ game app record yet?

I don't know. I forget what the record is, and more to the point, there's been enough joke apps that I'm not really sure I can say my game broke any records for real.

I mean shit, nobody even applied as a Doug, so what's the point?

i dunno, but i cant wait.

I'm sure RotJR got its share of non-doug joke apps, too.

I'd say anything that looks like it's had more than an hour of effort put into it counts for your tally.

o shit

He won't have reached RotJR's standards until someone applies asking to play one of the other characters that got submitted.

Tell me about some of the foes your characters have defeated, /pfg/. Was there anything that set them apart from their fellows? Any special reason behind your conflict? Did you show them mercy, or were they unworthy of it?

Most memorable, campaign-shaping fight was probably when a modified Kingmaker game ended up with us against the general (and brother) of a king we'd overthrown.

He knew his brother was an asshole and that he'd been running the kingdom into the ground, but hey, we were a bunch of punks who'd killed someone in his family. He came with a vast army, and we had to scramble to slow him down, called in every last favor we had, and turned the battlefield a few days from our capital into a giant fucking free-for-all.

I ended up fighting him in single combat, and putting him into negatives. The team bard, our resident politics nut, wanted to drag him back alive and put him on a show trial to have him be executed and die in disgrace. My character was a barbarian who respected him as a fellow warrior. So the axe came down right there, and I interred his head in the royal crypt, where someone worthy of a crown belonged.

Did that happen?

Back during RotJR? Yeah, some roll20 random strolled on in and said "Mm, yes, this character intrigues me--I'll take it!"

Funniest part was that it was one of the edgiest motherfuckers there.

>roll20 random
Not even once. I still laugh that one got in to WWW.

That's fucking hilarious.

Is the app for that still up?

RotJR's LFG page 404'd a while back, so no.

You know that more and more Roll20 randos are being introduced to /pfg/ and the /pfg/ Discord, right?

Seriously, people in the Discord have come out and admitted that they wandered into /pfg/ because of the Roll20 games.

Yeah the listing closed soon after people were picked. Only way you'd have access to it is if you favorited or have the individual application page in your history. Those don't go away when the lfg is deleted for some reason.

Well, they'll get the pfg trial by fire, and if they can tolerate it, hey, new cool people.

Once again proving that these games a fucking cancer.

Well, either they learn the etiquette and rise up to the general standards set by the rest, or they get BTFO. Like that motherfucker with the shota gnome who didn't understand what Pathfinder was.

Doug, the first encounter:
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4496339/can-i-join

Doug, again:
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4786503/

That explains the gnome sorcerer who didn't know what mythweavers, gestalt, the srd or anything were.

My players once went planet hopping, through a series of portals, they ended up on a meat planet, a planet with chlorine gas for air. and Earth post WW2. but they didn't stay in any of those places for very long.

Gestalt is kind of legitimate since that is technically a 3.5 thing.

Nope, we wank on that stuff often enough that it's retarded for the dipshit to be that fucking ignorant.

For someone who's been in the threads for all of like 3 days? Not really.

To be fair, he could have just googled it.

SOMEONE POST THE FUCKING QUILOPPTH LORDS ALREADY REEEEEEEEE

>The characters I like and try to follow the most also only rarely (or never, now) have posts about what's going on with them.
It's really sad how the thread runs off everyone who tries to let others know what's going on with their character or the game.

More like they made themselves scarce when people got sick of fellating them.

People talked about there campaigns and shit all the time, it's when people act like disruptive, attention whoring celebrities do we(rightfully) tear them a new asshole.

Not going to happen when the new thread is posted on page 6.

There's a difference between 'not fellating' and 'Your game and everyone in it is fucking shit'

>when people got sick of fellating them.
That never happened, user. The people who love to hang off their celeb cocks are still doing it and the people who hate are still posting about how butthurt you are because they were getting attention.

Do you really think people involved in /pfg/ games actually give a shit about what people in the general have to say about their characters? They won the popularity contest and probably shitpost about their games in their own private discords where they don't have people shouting at them about being shit.

Maybe but on Veeky Forums, that line is very thin. And they honestly brought it on themselves with all the fucking attention whoring.

And really, I see nothing wrong with this arrangement. They get to enjoy their games, saltfags don't have to be cucked, I don't have to deal with as much ship posting, and anyone that fucking invested in shit can just run off to the discord and give 'em a handy for a summary.

Everyone is happy.

How can we save Spheres of Might from the dumpster fire?

I want to invest into farmland and make money out of it. How do I do It?

Yeah, except they have their own private discord for talking about their game. And they don't talk about the game in the main discord.

Yeah, but most of the people in game are in the general discord.

Just send 'em a PM.

Reading through the new Darklands book, I had an idea. Inspired by pretty much everything by Failbetter Games. |
Here's a bit of a teaser-summary.

Fifty years ago, Absalom, the City at the Center of the World, was stolen by bats. Now, Hell is much closer (it seems) and immortality is cheap, but the screaming has largely stopped.
The once great city has fallen into the earth, the light of the sun gone from view, some think, forever.
Many from the World Above know that Absalom as gone, though none know where it went. You, through either nautical fault of your own, or inexplicable sailing mishap have found yourself following in the once glowing city's footsteps.
You'll find yourself in the Sightless Sea, a dark ocean containing an unexplainable microcosm of climates, bizarre collection of geologically impossible islands, and myriad of impossibly sized sea creatures. Will you find your way back to the Forsaken Light Above? Or will you adapt and survive in the Undersea, in turn becoming an Undersailor like those who've saved you from the inky dark waters you've found yourself plunged into?

See buildings and organizations:
paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/downtime.html

Is the darklands book up in the trove as .pdf or still being cleaned?

Well once people started actively insulting one Friday team of RotJR, the greentext embargo started.

So if we actively insult everyone who greentexts we'll have generals free of /pfg/ game bullshit and only pure discussion on pathfinder as a whole.

>free of /pfg/ game bullshit and only pure discussion

AH HA HA HA HA

How well has that worked out so far?

>pure discussion
Oh, so right on back to nothing but
>TRUMPETS REEEE
>I WANNA FUCK IOMEDAE IN THE ASS
>SARENRAE IS ISIS LEL
>TIIIIIIEEEEEEERS

>the greentext embargo started.
Fucking embargo? Oh my god, how far up their own ass are these people?

call it whatever you want, RotJR greentexts are done.

>implying the "greentext embargo" has stopped shitposters

All it's done is make the speculation go even crazier whenever the shitposting kicks back into gear. The saving grace is at least now there are lulls in the RotJR posting, rather than it being a daily thing.

>implying "greentext embargo" isn't just shit /pfg/ made up up

>call it whatever you want,
Pretty fucking sweet.

I think Iomedae is, umm, is a CUTE!

Well all that's really happening right now is Onryou suplexing a boar and making it into Chankonabe.

And Friday team is checking out the mysterious thassolian ruins underneath sandpoint... and rolling ones like crazy.

Fuck off

Nah mate. You fuck off.

Keep it coming Eags. You alright.

What? its not a green text, why are you worried?

I don't think any of us care about the Slice of Life stuff you guys do, come back when you're advancing the plot or have LOGS.

I need some help finding a feat. I'm not sure if its PoW or spheres but it was basically dex to damage with a bow but the catch was the damage counted as precision and didnt get multiplied by crits.

No, don't come back at all. Maintain integrity and keep up the embargo.

SotJR has no embargo, fag

Last character in a campaign has just wrote himself out of existence so I'm drafting up a new character.

He's started out as a generic cowboy except a spellslinger but now it's come to giving him some motivation and I've sorta got cosy with the idea of some sort of incurable degenerative disorder he's fighting the clock to beat. I'm thinking something mental to play into the wizard aspect of it but mainly I just need some help coming up with ideas which might fit thematically/mechanically.

>meanwhile, on Friday
youtube.com/watch?v=vd06u9Z_4j8

Yeah, that's half the reason why i haven't said anything about saturday group. Mostly trying to cool the fuck down after the whole, delving into the depths of sandpoint. (Not to mention scheduling fucking us over) We'll keep you posted when the action returns.

Good to know, thanks.

Does anyone have any experience with the wardmage (sop)?

We've ALWAYS had greentexts of /pfg/ campaigns, it's been a thing since the Land of the Linnorm King campaign and even before that. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's a Veeky Forums tradition in general. This does not mean SoL posts are wanted or even ERP logs, but plot stuff? That stays.

Short hair + armor is literally top tier, prove me wrong.

With a side order of
youtube.com/watch?v=n3b0OnuT_Z8

What is the best race RIGHT NOW to play a doggie?

Well without greentexts, what else can we do? Posting F-lists isn't much fun when they're either disappointingly vanilla (Rory) or their users are beyond shame (Rubio).

You are correct if and only if said short hair is under a helmet.

Witchwolf Skinwalker or Agathion-Blooded Aasimar.

Rougarou.

Probably agathion-blooded aasimar.

I prefer middle-aged women with short silver/white hair and black lipstick, whose harsh demeanor on the field melts into a motherly attitude off it.

We invade Jerusalem

So would that be Sarkoris, or Absalom, or something like Thuvia?

I would unironically have sex with a woman wearing full plate armor
>melts into a motherly attitude off it.

No, Jerusalem. We just have to ring up Baba Yaga and we hitch a ride to to the ACTUAL Jerusalem

But user, that's not a dog, that's a wolf.

Probably Absalom, since it's the place Aroden rose and ascended.

Tiefling refluffed to be a doggo.

No, it's a pumpkin.

>I would unironically have sex with a woman wearing full plate armor
Acceptable if and only if you are both in plate and you have a mail sleeve connecting your groins. Exposed flesh is forbidden.

This has made me want to get back into Fallen London

What pumpkin?

>bringing John Wick into this
Whoa whoa whoa man... Let's calm down and take a step back.

She has a weakness for wine, and would define her ideal evening as sharing a fine vintage gifted to her by a friend, talking about all sorts of things without the shame that comes with youth.

This one.

But she's just wearing a shell, that's not a pumpkin.

>Disappointingly vanilla
>users are beyond shame
...Do I want to know?

I thought you might say that; fortunately, we have a highly scientific diagram prepared to disprove your ludicrous claims.

What race is the best for playing a normal pumpkin who's also a real hero?

youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8

Blinklings.

Any, just pick a class with spellcasting.

Hey now. Most pf gods aren't dumb Catholic puritan.
Does she want someone her age or something like a fresh faced qt cleric boy who looks up to her for her battle exploits?

What are you, a Kalistocrat?

>Hey now. Most pf gods aren't dumb Catholic puritan.
Gods shmods, if you're in armor you'd damn well have your fleshy bits covered. Fucking is fine, just don't have your party favors in a place where an archer could put his Tab A into your newly-formed Slot B from sixty feet.

Blinklings seem to skirt the line between slightly cheesy (blur), interesting (constantly sees the astral plane), and uninteresting just because they don't have much else going for them besides being a package of standard stats otherwise.
Also their original art is ugly as sin, but that applies to all of the Bloodforge races and can be easily ignored.