What do you think about old guys as villains?

What do you think about old guys as villains?

He's a violent, bigoted, mindless old fool.

I had literally no idea what this guy wanted, his goals, his motivations, anything. All I know is he went on a power trip when he found Manus's soul.

Villains are like wine.

He did it for his daughteru and lost his mind to the dark soul because he was not the pc.

I see. Also he was REALLY easy considering he was essentially the true final boss of the DS series. Once you get the roll timing down he's effortless.

Great when they're done right.

He's a slave/grandpa and a knight. When he was told to go get the darkest, most evilest goop in the universe among the end of time itself so his little girl could make a new painting and a new world, he didn't give a shit about the repercussions to himself or the rest of the world. He's a lot like the PC, an undead who simply won't give up. Problem is he's been doing it for... however long the timeskip is for (which could be millennia for all we know). When you fight him, the universe is effectively over, and the player character is possibly the last vestige of humanity left besides him in reality. You're just the last scrap of the dark soul for him to collect.

>True final boss of the DS series
This is a shitty meme, he was just the last boss of the last DLC. The DLC did not finish the story of the games, it finished a side-story portrayed in the DLCs. The end of the series is whatever you choose at the end of the main game.

They get you drunk if you consume enough?

Electronic old men

Running the world
A NEW AGE

They get sour if you're not storing them right?

You'll be one of them...sooner or later

Gehrman was a fun fight.

OI! FOLKEEEEEEEEEN!

'ave you found the dragon yet?

They taste like fermented grapes?

I think it's supposed to be the end when you consider the fact that it takes place at the literal end of the world makes any ending kind of pointless

>Violent
Most certainly
>Mindless
Debatable. He talks to you, so he seems to have a mind. He definitely seems insane, though.
>Bigoted
What?

Old King was an inspiration and a role model.

How to gothic horror like Bloodborne?

you have to store them correctly or they turn into vinegar?

The best one came out in the 90's?

Be a poor Japanese boy with poor English skills trying to read English books in your local library and have fun filling in the parts you don't understand with your imagination, then stumble upon a book about the history of the Catholic Church and proceed to have nightmares about aliens/angels and cannibalism and such.

I like that they have a statistically greater chance of not actually being villains, which intelligent people subconsciously recognize. Young guy as a villain? Nine times out of ten he's just a fucking dipshit who doesn't know how reality works.

You get oodles of old man villains whose theme is corruption, greed, and power etc but they're often less interesting than the alternative.

They get desintegrated if you shot them with a desintegration ray?

What we have here is an age scale of idealism vs cynicism.