Does Veeky Forums still play Dungeon Crawl?

Does Veeky Forums still play Dungeon Crawl?

I play more Dungeon Crawl than I do roleplaying, so yeah.

come on Veeky Forums there used to be a thread up on this every day. don't tell me you've all given up on claiming the orb of Zot? or are we all newfags now and nobody has heard of this game any more?

Minotaur chaos knight ftw

>You hear Xom's avuncular chuckle.

They keep updating it to become more and more boring

DsCk for maximum fun.

You know, that sounds like fun actually

Same

I'm...ambivalent about the changes so far. Taking out things like elvish/orcish gear, potion/scroll destruction, encumbrance...some of that stuff was just extraneous or annoying, but also feels like the game is getting dumbed down in some ways.

I have never gotten far as a martial character. Is playing something beefy like an troll, minotaur or ogre required? What's the trick?

Shut up, you furfag.

fuck you this is a commander keen approved game. all roguelikes are. this is commonly accepted.

i suck as casters. martial characters need a bit more luck i feel - trog makes them easy mode and any race can at least make it to the Lair. Minotaurs are probably the best tanky beefy character, but a merfolk with a polearm can make a nice dodgy fighter. Just know some basic strategy and when to run and they tend to work out quite well. Trog by himself can easily be all you need for a three-rune win.

Here you go, newfag.

I don't have any friends to roleplay with, so pretty much all I do that's somewhat Veeky Forums related is roguelike games.

I play ToME, if that counts.

It does, ToME is fun. I want the little expansions they have out (the demon themed one and the orc one) but I don't have the money on them. I don't know if there is community made DLC for unlocking them for free offline, they had something like that for unlocking all race/class combos.

Have you played these? If so, how are they? Whats your favorite race/class?

I know this feel user. You know any good ones besides ToME and Crawl? I'm not autistic enough for NetHack

>I know this feel user. You know any good ones besides ToME and Crawl? I'm not autistic enough for NetHack
Elona.
DOOMRL.
Hyperrogue.
One-way heroics. (Don't get the mystery dungeon version, it's trash).

Dwarf Fortress Adventure mode doesn't play like your typical Roguelike game, but there's much more that you can do in it.

There's also ADOM, a decent enough game, but one I don't have the patience for.

Angband.

I'm not autistic enough for Angband, either. Crawl frustrates me enough, I only have a few wins and only three-rune wins at that.

Whatever happened to WarpRogue?

Unreal World, Cataclysm DDA, and ADOM are all fun open world deals.

small bump. This is now roguelike general

I used to and participating in the forums too, I get fed up until being almost getting my first win but Iosing. I left it at 0.16 when my tolerance to changes and axing features was reaching its limit.

Now I fear that if I wander the site again the latest build will have so many undesirable changes that will make me angry

Yep

>Whatever happened to WarpRogue?
Never even heard of it, to be honest.

Seriously though, if you want a game where the world is massive, you can do much more than just dungeon crawl, and the health system and armor is based on physics and biology rather than hitpoints, then I would highly recommend the adventure mode in Dwarf Fortress.