Map Thread

Are there any good maps of medium-sized towns in rugged dry mountain area? I get that seas and rivers and other waterways are really great at moving around, but you'd think there were a few more maps without any of them.

i'll post maps I have.

almost all towns are built on rivers or near them. CAn't survive easily without a readily available water source.
Most of the maps I have are either coastal or river maps.

it seems effectively something that comes up a lot with town maps in general.

also op next time post shit you faggot.

You're a good man, user.

i'm out i think of all towns/cities without rivers / coasts

the issue is, no matter how dry the area, the townsfolk are going to need water. And they don't have the tech level to pump it from anywhere, so they need to set up next to a water source.

Admittedly, this could be a well or similar, rather than a river.

Anyone have any villages with wooden palisades around them, similar to Or any realistic towers such as picrelated?

rome was built about as far away from water as you can get on the italian peninsula. they just built aquaducts that were dozens or hundreds of miles long that ran from water sources higher in elevation.
>in several hundred BC

actually, a town built near the mountains (probably a mining enclave) that uses artificially created canals that redirect a shallow river running off a mountain lake for trade transport is a good idea.